Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Dr. Stone Chapter 121 Discussion

Sep 11, 10:39 PM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
GINROUUUUU WHYYYYYYY
NOT LIKE THIS

Sep 11, 10:40 PM

also we got the true identity of the petrification beam, no idea what it is but only time will tell

Sep 11, 10:40 PM
oh shit Kohaku provoked the enemy to use the petrifiction bomb in order to save the dying Ginro but now she is petrified too damn

Sep 11, 11:45 PM

that was damn hype! WTF!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Sep 11, 11:50 PM

I'm curious about how the petrification weapon works, but whenever its brought up in the manga it always makes me remember a certain quote.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

I don't think any amount of science mumbo jumbo the author comes up with will make this "weapon" look any less like magic, even for our Science Overlord Senku™.
Modified by JustAnAnimeList, Sep 12, 12:01 AM

Sep 12, 1:34 AM
This was an amazing chapter.

Sep 12, 2:10 AM

Wow Amazing chapter, now we wait for the science team to revive Kohaku and Ginrou....
well that's just my opinion.....

Sep 12, 6:38 AM

Mei-o_Scarlett said:
also we got the true identity of the petrification beam, no idea what it is but only time will tell

looks like mattpat was kinda right

Sep 12, 6:39 AM

OH GOD matpatt made a video about stone
what the fuck
no wonder the anime was fcking tainted with normies

Sep 12, 2:48 PM
Holy fuck what a chapter

Sep 12, 6:51 PM
poor Ginrou, this probably hurt. Well at least in the end, he was able to proof himself as a worthy warrior and friend. The question this new information leaves, that the leader is a stone, is how the minister put his hands on the weapon?

Sep 12, 8:41 PM

Mei-o_Scarlett said:
OH GOD matpatt made a video about stone
what the fuck
no wonder the anime was fcking tainted with normies

"normies this, normies that"

Really?

Dr stone, while great and refreshing, was always good fuel for casual anime watchers.

Sep 12, 9:03 PM

i wish :ded:
maybe it wouldnt even be so controversial to say people should critcise stone properly and not get flamed by so many people with sticks up their butt

Sep 13, 12:00 AM
Mei-o_Scarlett said:

So the petrification device is some kind of advanced circuitry being micro-fabricated onto a seemingly homogeneous solid(either metal or metalloid) in the shape of a Mobius Band(technically the 3-D analogue of the mobius-strip, a hyper-mobius if you will).

Well that seems to be the science of it.Interesting to see what the Sci-Fi explanation of it will be because unlike all other Senku inventions which have scientific credibility(Except maybe the Cryonic preservation of Tsukasa which is leaning more towards futuristic science if not Sci-Fi) this one is complete science fiction and it's design is just to make it look cool and 'sciency' and not have actual purpose.

Sep 13, 9:55 AM

GINROOUUUUU! ;_;

That was so dramatic. I'm impressed how Kohaku was able to keep a cool head and. Without shedding a single tear she rushed to tell Amaryllis what to do and in a blink of an eye decided to try to provoke the enemy to use the petrification beam on her and Ginrou, believing that the revival formula will be able to save Ginrou who had no chances to survive without miraculous healing.

We finally saw the petrification team's device. Indeed it is beautiful and what's more it is indeed made with science, not any magic.

Sep 13, 10:33 AM
I'm quite sure they won't explain how the weapon works. The manga must end with Chrome and Senku investigating it like real scientists.

Sep 13, 10:36 AM
Pikesito said:
I'm quite sure they won't explain how the weapon works. The manga must end with Chrome and Senku investigating it like real scientists.

lol whats the point of all of this story then when its about the petrification plot

they will at least explain it in pseudoscience i bet

sayings like
"any sufficiently advance technology is like magic"
"todays science fiction is tomorrows science fact"
will apply here

Sep 13, 10:46 AM
heg said:
Pikesito said:

lol whats the point of all of this story then when its about the petrification plot

sayings like
will apply here

Pseudoscience in a manga that claims to be scientifically accurate using those sort of resources would be lame imo

Sep 13, 10:49 AM
Pikesito said:
heg said:

sayings like
will apply here

Pseudoscience in a manga that claims to be scientifically accurate using those sort of resources would be lame imo

err you will not find a petrification weapon in real life with todays technology too anyway

Sep 13, 7:48 PM

Damn, wasn't expecting him to get wounded like that, but I knew petrification would be used to save him. There always has to be a bump in the plan when everything is going too smoothly.

Sep 14, 9:09 AM

That's one gorgeous petrification weapon. I never liked Ginrou but y'know what, his near-death had me gasping.
"If there’s hope, then let’s move."
Mo Dao Zu Shi

Sep 14, 5:32 PM
This chapter was the boldest in a while. Ginrou, the weapon, and even Kohaku's fight. I wonder what the explaination will be for that weapon

Sep 19, 8:09 AM

Ginrou u did a gd job and so did Kohaku, now leave everythng to Senkuu. Also Im curious to know how that petrification stuff works.
Gray, Rave, Crave, Deprave.
Grave me,
Grave for you.