Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 16, 2019 5:19 PM

Jan 2015
Sailor Moon has and never will leave my #1 spot but the 2-5th spots have changed at some point

First it was

Sailor Moon
One Piece
Fairy Tail
Fullmetal Achemist Brotherhood
Clannad After Story

Then it was
Sailor Moon
One Piece
Gintama
Fairy Tail

Then it was
Sailor Moon
One Piece
Fairy Tail
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Dragon Ball Z

Then it went back to the first list I posted on here at the top,

Now it's

Sailor Moon
K-On
Fairy Tail
One Piece

And it's likely not going to change anymore, at least the top 2 aren't. From Fairy Tail down it might change.
Sep 19, 2019 5:00 AM

Jul 2012
Yeah, it changes from time to time. Just this year I finally finished Gintama and watched JoJo and they took over my #1 and #2 spots.
Sep 19, 2019 5:30 AM

Jun 2019
johnbradshaw said:
You see, ever since my top 10 fully established. There are animes that come and go but my top 5 never change.

Same here. I find myself swapping out the bottom half of my top 5 occasionally, but my top 5 has been stationary since I established it.

Sep 19, 2019 5:32 AM

Mar 2016
I started with a top 3 and added couple of shows to get:

1. Sora no Woto
2. Legend of the Galactic Heroes
3. 3-gatsu no Lion
4. Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho
5. Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Essentially, the last change was due to Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho being made.
Sep 19, 2019 5:40 AM
Jun 2015
1. Legend of Galactic Heroes
2. Monster
3. FLCL
4. HxH
5. Vinland Saga.

I use to have Texnolyze, EVA, and FMAB here but after watching them again.. they weren't really that good. However Vinland Saga has blown my mind. Havent seen an anime so good since parasyte. 5 years of garbage until now.
Sep 19, 2019 6:16 AM

Mar 2014
Kill la Kill has been in the top spot for a long time, contested only by Ping Pong, but after rewatching them, Kill la Kill is still the best thing ever. I could see S3 of Oregairu beating S2 of Oregairu. The bar is FMA:B, and that was first show I ever watched, so I'd say it's been pretty static.
Sep 19, 2019 7:50 AM

Jun 2014
Yep. I had my favorites though I now I think had seen too few to actually have a favorite. At first, it was Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Durarara!!, D. Gray Man, and Kaze no Stigma.

I still love FMA: Brotherhood, but I don't think it should count as a favorite since it seems that almost everyone loves it and it should be a given.

Now, my favorites are Kino no Tabi, Trigun, Rurouni Kenshin, and Boku no Hero Academia.
Sep 19, 2019 3:54 PM

Mar 2015
U1111 said:

1. Sora no Woto
3. 3-gatsu no Lion

Finally a fellow with Sora no Wo to on top 5. I absolutely love that anime. I think it's A-1 best hidden gem.
The world is not beautiful. Therefore, it is.
Sep 19, 2019 4:01 PM

Mar 2015
Arillion said:
Sailor Moon has and never will leave my #1 spot but the 2-5th spots have changed at some point

First it was

Sailor Moon
One Piece
Fairy Tail
Clannad After Story

Then it was
Sailor Moon
One Piece
Gintama
Fairy Tail

Then it was
Sailor Moon
One Piece
Fairy Tail
Dragon Ball Z

Then it went back to the first list I posted on here at the top,

Now it's

Sailor Moon
K-On
Fairy Tail
One Piece

And it's likely not going to change anymore, at least the top 2 aren't. From Fairy Tail down it might change.

You watch so much long running anime man. Hat off to you. K-on is one of my favorite too, man the final episode hit hard.
Sep 19, 2019 5:12 PM

May 2014
1. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
2. Steins;Gate
3. Hunter x Hunter
4. Gurren Lagann
5. Oregairu Zoku

Of course it was different before I saw Oregairu and Gurren Lagann, and the top 10 changes probably once every few months. If a better show comes out, it will replace something.
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.
Sep 19, 2019 6:11 PM
Sep 2017
It Varies a Lot, but I think these will be my top 5 for a long time.

1 - Monogatari Series;
2 - Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica;
3 - Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei;
4 - Steins;Gate;
5 - No game, no life.
Sep 19, 2019 6:32 PM

Oct 2010
In terms of movies yes, but just reordering. Both Spirited away and Whisper of the heart were moved higher, number 1 and 3 respectively. I just ended up giving them a position according to how much they meant to me personally.

On series I have a set in stone top5 from at least 2012. But last year I watched three shows that jumped to #6 (Yuru Camp) #7 (Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou) and #8 (3-gatsu no Lion 2nd season) spots, and I could see myself reordering the list depending on how they grow on me. It's hard to compare them because it's been seven years since I made any change to my current top5, so at the moment just in case it stays the same.

johnbradshaw said:
U1111 said:

1. Sora no Woto
3. 3-gatsu no Lion

Finally a fellow with Sora no Wo to on top 5. I absolutely love that anime. I think it's A-1 best hidden gem.

Another fan here. Not my favourite, but one of the highest 9s and a show I'd defend to death. I'm so glad it exists.
jal90Sep 19, 2019 6:37 PM
Sep 19, 2019 7:48 PM

Sep 2016
My favorite anime has changed one time but I often shift around my top 5 the more I reflect.

ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴀꜱɪᴇꜱᴛ ᴡᴀy ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴩ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴜʀᴛ
yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ yᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴋᴇ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
Sep 19, 2019 8:21 PM

Oct 2015
The amount of anime I've consumed has exploded in the past four years, so I've gradually rearranged my top 10 in that time. It hasn't changed since mid-2018 when I watched Ashita no Joe and and the new Cardcaptor Sakura arc.
Sep 19, 2019 8:41 PM

Dec 2010
My favorites have changed some throughout the years with a few that have been there a long time and are still there.

My top 5 from 10 years ago
1.One Piece
2.Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood
3.HXH
4.Reborn!
5.Shaman King

and now
1.One Piece
2.Mo Dao Zu Shi
3.FMA:Brotherhood
4.Kimetsu no Yaiba
5.Fruits Basket(2019)
Sep 19, 2019 8:41 PM
Jan 2019
1. Saki
2. Clannad After Story
3. Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho
4. Code Geass
5. Steins;Gate
6. Anohana
7. Erin
8. Glass no Kamen
9. Toradora
10. Usagi Drop
My top 10 has been fairly consistent. Most of them have stayed the same since 2011. The last time it changed was was When Sora Yori took #3 last year, and Hikaru no Go dropped out
Sep 19, 2019 9:02 PM

May 2018
Mine has taken this form only recently after I finished HxH, the 2nd season of March, and the latest AOT.

1. AOT
2. HxH (2011)
3. Fate Series (Zero/UBW)
4. March Comes in Like a Lion
5. The Promised Neverland

I'm not sure if a new series is going to break in there any time soon but positions lower down may be up for grabs. Promised Neverland is only 12 episodes but I've included it so I have something of this year in there, plus I have high expectations and excitement for season 2 next year!

I've seen a few people mention Durarara!! - hey I'm watching that right now and it's been pretty cool and enjoyable with memorable and unique characters. It almost reminds me of an anime version of Pulp Fiction with the different perspectives and interweaving stories, and I love that jazzy OST number at the end - during the preview for the next episode!
Sep 19, 2019 10:54 PM

Sep 2013
When I was new to anime I remember my top 5 being something like this:
1 - Code Geass
2 - Clannad
3 - Durarara
4 - Elfen lied
5 - Shugo Chara

I feel meh towards Elfen Lied and I’m indifferent towards Shugo Chara. The other three I still think are pretty good shows.

I don’t really order my shows now but my 5 favs are prolly:
- Aria
- Texhnolyze
- Kids on the Slope
- Mushishi
- Cowboy Bebop
Sep 20, 2019 1:58 AM
Jun 2014
If I went through my 9 and 10 rated anime and reorganised the list it might be completely different to what it is now. I'm just lazy so I never update it and forget the feeling that anime x was better than anime y.
Sep 20, 2019 2:01 AM

Oct 2016
Themousen said:
Yes it has

For a long time, it was :

1. Mushishi
2. Natsume Yuujinchou
3. Made in Abyss
4. One Piece
5. Durarara!!

But in 2019, Mo Dao Zu Shi took One Piece's position !

And I think it's a good thing, I'm glad I can still find animes I love so much they can kick out other animes from my top 10 and even 5
A man of culture indeed, I love Natsume Yuujinchou and Mushishi too

Sep 20, 2019 2:20 AM

Mar 2016
My top 5 anime rarely change, but I have done recent changes in numbers 3 and below. My top 2 (Death Note and Code Geass) have remained as is for years and I think that my current 3rd (Devilman:Crybaby) has achieved a solid position in top 5.

I mostly concern myself though with character rankings and that's why I have more solid (and unchanged for long) top 5 there, than in anime.

Edit: My number 1 changed about a month ago (now it's Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu). It's the first time this ever happened ever since I started watching anime.
reneansunFeb 13, 2020 8:12 AM
“They call certain methods of fighting good and others evil, acting as if there were some nobility to the battlefield. Such illusions, perpetrated by heroes throughout history, have led countless young men to their bloody deaths, all for the sake of this valor and glory.”
~Kiritsugu Emiya
Sep 20, 2019 3:51 PM

Mar 2015
Another fan here. Not my favourite, but one of the highest 9s and a show I'd defend to death. I'm so glad it exists.

Haha, yeah, I've rewatched So Ra No Wo To multiple times and still find a lot enjoyment out of it, great anime really, need to be watched more.

Sep 20, 2019 11:11 PM

Dec 2014
Yeah, it did... I remember that years ago my favorite anime was Darker than Black, and another one was Basquash. I must rewatch both of them, especially Darker than Black, to see if they make a return change my top 5... But I don't know, I guess when the list was in my head it was easier to change it. When you have it on MAL is more complicated, you become attached. Dopping something is like betraying the anime... and think about how you judge it, did you stop liking it? You like it less? And which one you drop... Is not like I have a number 1 and number 2. Is a top 5, all 5 are equal... Is complicated. I think in future I will simply add anime to the top, and have a top 10 instead of 5. When it comes to manga, I guess I could hardly consider Magi as being in my top 10 anymore as I have yet to finish it, but I didn't drop it from there... Maybe I will read it again at some point and judge it again.
Sep 21, 2019 3:20 PM

Feb 2016
I find it really hard to rank anime, but when I finished gintama it displaced one piece as my favourite anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2019 4:59 PM

Oct 2015
my top 5 are:

1. the end of evangelion
2. perfect blue
3. tenshi no tamago
4. nekojiru-sou
5. metropolis

mine haven't changed in like a year :x
but when i first created mal i used to have hxh in my top 5
⠀     ‧     ⠀
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

30 by PlasticRobot »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - 48 minutes ago

9 by RobertBobert »»
6 minutes ago

» Is it weird that I wish strong female characters would get sad ending?

Sanjay63773 - 5 hours ago

12 by Rhaelynne »»
7 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 2 hours ago

13 by Rhaelynne »»
12 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

26 by FedeMetal »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.