Forum Settings
Forums

Most favorited anime girls according to MAL

New
Sep 11, 2019 3:29 PM

Oct 2010
I removed all the guys and kept the first 10 girls (as of sept 2019).

Makise Kurisu (12)
Rem (17)
Mikasa Ackerman (22)
Gasai Yuno (23)
Senjougahara Hitagi (24)
Aisaka Taiga (25)
Saber (28)
Holo (30)
Kiss-Shot Acerola bla bla (35)
Megumin (37)

I am very disappointed that Yuno isn't no 1 but what can I do, Mikasa is great, SnK is pretty popular. Taiga being there in top 10 hurts my eyes, she's too obnoxious (Minorin was best girl) and the others are otaku waifus (which is not wrong at all).
Do you think there'll be a girl who's gonna storm the top 10? I'm patiently waiting for 02, more people have to watch Franxx to discover the greatness of 02.
So what are your thoughts?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 11, 2019 3:47 PM

Feb 2010
Rem, Senjougahara, Megumin, Holo are the ones that are also in my extended favorite character list. I also like Kiss-Shot, tho she definitely isn't my favorite Monogatari girl. Mikasa is decent too, Taiga was okay, as was Kurisu. Yuno is ridiculously unlikable and easily my least favorite character on that list by a very large margin, and Saber is just meh, boring, forgettable in my opinion.

The ones I'd like to see on that list the most are Faye (Cowboy Bebop) and Hinata (3-gatsu). Especially Hinata, she might be my favorite female character in all of anime right now. Others that I hold in very high regard are in no particular order:

Noda Megumi (Nodame Cantabile)
Kino (Kino's Journey)
Rena (Higurashi)
Misaki (Welcome to the NHK)
San (Princess Mononoke)
Motoko (Ghost in the Shell)
Watashi (Jinrui)
Fujiko (Yawara)
Makoto (Idolmaster)
Yuzuru (Koe no Katachi)
Chizuru (Tsurezure Children)
Uraraka (Hero Academia)
Sara (Gallery Fake)
Oscar (Rose of Versailles)
Rin (Usagi Drop)
Renge (Non Non Biyori)
Hitomi & Anzu (Hinamatsuri)
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 11, 2019 3:53 PM

Jul 2017
They're pretty much all top-tier in my book, so I really like what I'm seeing.

And yeah, more people definitely need to know the greatness that is 02, but you'd have to somehow manage to sit through Franxx in the first place so...

Sep 11, 2019 3:53 PM

Oct 2010
@Pullman interesting choice with Fujiko, she looks visually kinda opposite to what you prefer (she's tall), I finished the judo match against that girls college (episode 60ish) and I agree that Fujiko is great.
Sep 11, 2019 3:58 PM

Oct 2013
Why people like low tier girls like Rem, Mikasa, Senjougahara and Saber will always just baffle me honestly but is fine I guess

of the girls not in my fav section Taiga of course the best but I mean she in 4th place of the Rie Kugimiya J.C. STAFF collection so that just tells you how low the rest of the girls are in the overall list despite me liking Megumin, Kurisu and Shinobu
Sep 11, 2019 4:00 PM

Feb 2010
Catalano said:
@Pullman interesting choice with Fujiko, she looks visually kinda opposite to what you prefer (she's tall), I finished the judo match against that girls college (episode 60ish) and I agree that Fujiko is great.

Well, most of my favorite chars I don't really pick based on how they look (I'd say I only find a handful of the chars I listed particularly attractive). Fujiko was just great, she more or less saved Yawara for me since the MC was mostly just annoying me in that show. Her and Hanazono carried the show as far as I'm concerned, along with some others like Jody. I would have probably dropped it if she hadn't gotten more screentime over time.

If I based my favorite chars on looks they would look very different. They'd be full with idolmaster lolis and the likes :>.
Sep 11, 2019 4:01 PM

Feb 2010
Deknijff said:
Why people like low tier girls like Rem, Mikasa, Senjougahara and Saber will always just baffle me honestly but is fine I guess

of the girls not in my fav section Taiga of course the best but I mean she in 4th place of the Rie Kugimiya J.C. STAFF collection so that just tells you how low the rest of the girls are in the overall list despite me liking Megumin, Kurisu and Shinobu

Pls some Kugimiya tsundere fucboy talking about Rem and Senjougahara being low-tier, you're embarassing yourself Dekn :>
Sep 11, 2019 4:01 PM
Jul 2018
Christina deserves best girl.

How the creators of Steins;Gate managed to conjure up a tsundere that is not the least bit obnoxious is beyond me. I honestly consider it a miracle.
Sep 11, 2019 4:06 PM

Oct 2013
Pullman said:
Deknijff said:

Pls some Kugimiya tsundere fucboy talking about Rem and Senjougahara being low-tier, you're embarrassing yourself Dekn :>
If I have to embarrass myself to say the truth so be it Pullman
Sep 11, 2019 4:10 PM

Feb 2010
Deknijff said:
Pullman said:

Pls some Kugimiya tsundere fucboy talking about Rem and Senjougahara being low-tier, you're embarrassing yourself Dekn :>

please we both know you only dislike senjougahara because you have an undiagnosed mental disorder that makes you hate any girl that cuts her hair at any point :P.
Sep 11, 2019 4:14 PM

Oct 2013
Pullman said:
Deknijff said:
please we both know you only dislike senjougahara because you have an undiagnosed mental disorder that makes you hate any girl that cuts her hair at any point :P.
Nah Pullman xP
I mean yeah have Aspergers but that proves nothing

plus have Yoshida in my fav section next to Shana so that proves I can like characters not based on hair
Sep 11, 2019 4:18 PM

Feb 2010
Deknijff said:
Pullman said:
Nah Pullman xP

plus have Yoshida in my fav section next to Shana so that proves I can like characters not based on hair

well, if you say so I'll pretend to believe you so we don't take over this thread with our waifu wars :>
Sep 11, 2019 4:20 PM

Oct 2013
Pullman said:
Deknijff said:
Nah Pullman xP

well, if you say so I'll pretend to believe you so we don't take over this thread with our waifu wars :>

Best Girl War shall be fought at another time then my friend
Sep 11, 2019 4:29 PM
Feb 2017
Kurisu and Mikasa don’t need to be up there. I don’t see the appeal of Kurisu and Mikasa doesn’t even come close to being best girl, especially when Historia is in the same show. Megumin, Rem, and best girl Taiga all deserve it though.
Sep 11, 2019 5:20 PM

Sep 2014
I can't think of anyone who would suddenly get up there, maybe someone from a new show.
Anyway, the characters top list will only ever allow characters from very popular shows to compete, unlike the top anime list. So first you need a very popular show with a very popular character for any kind of change.

But yeah, Zero Two is definitely likable and super hot, she was everywhere at the time and is still quite big, I'm kinda surprised she's not there in the top 10, even if I wouldn't put her into my favourites myself.

As for the list, I personally think Rem is super boring and not very likable and Megumin, while fun, can be kind of annoying and it's just weird for a meme character like that to make the top list.
Not a fan of Mikasa either, but I can definitely see the appeal. The rest of the list is fine with me, Holo, Hitagi and Saber are all top tier and even Rias is not that far behind I think (12k+ favs) so generally the girl taste on MAL is not half bad.

i'm more surprised with the male characters in the top 50 being mostly shonen dumbasses
Sep 11, 2019 5:23 PM
Jul 2018
BlakexEkalb said:
Kurisu and Mikasa don’t need to be up there. I don’t see the appeal of Kurisu and Mikasa doesn’t even come close to being best girl, especially when Historia is in the same show.

Only one girl in that show went face-to-face with a titan, with nothing but her bare hands and a rusty old arrow. And it sure as hell wasn't Historia.

To save someone else, too...
Sep 11, 2019 6:19 PM

Aug 2019
S1 Mikasa was great, especially pre-haircut Mikasa, but Historia was best girl in AoT in S3.

Surprised Violet Evergarden isn't on the list.
Sep 11, 2019 7:04 PM

Jan 2019
Uhhh.... why isn’t Asuna Yuuki on that list?! She is best girl ever! :)

Now that I think of it, many top-tier waifus are missing? Where’s Asuka? Yūki Nagato? And, yes, Zero Two?

Admittedly, Zero Two is awesome but she was a little too “horny” for me (get it?). Personally, I found Ichigo to be the more attractive and likeable female character. It wasn’t until the final 7 or 8 episodes that Zero Two showed a sweeter side that made me change my opinion of her.
Sep 11, 2019 8:13 PM

Sep 2017
tbh i hate yuno with her voices so fucking annoying and im quite disappointed that Yukinoshita didnt even reach top 10 :(

maybe sakurajima, raphtalia and nezuko will someday take the spot, even tho i dont really like them much
zalapenoSep 15, 2019 5:00 AM
Sep 11, 2019 8:41 PM
Feb 2014
Somehow only Smugumin is deserving of her spot.
Sep 12, 2019 2:10 AM

Jun 2015
Not a single one of those trash bitches deserve any top spots
Sep 12, 2019 2:14 AM

Apr 2013
Haven't watched Steins;Gate, so can't say anything about Kurisu. But Rem is 2nd place and Emilia isn't even in the top 10? Didn't expect that. Mikasa and Hitagi definitely deserve those spots though.
Sep 12, 2019 2:24 AM

May 2014
These are just people's waifus. Kiss-shot and Megumin are okay, but overall a very meh top 10 list.
Sep 12, 2019 2:32 AM
May 2018
I don't understand, where is Sakura Haruno from Naruto?
Sep 12, 2019 2:43 AM

Feb 2019
Holo and Makise are the only good characters in there.
Sep 12, 2019 2:57 AM

Apr 2015
Good top spots, especially since Zero Two isn't there. Also, Mikasa? Why? I found her to be a pretty boring character. Of course Megumin deserves a spot though, explosions always win.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 12, 2019 3:19 AM

Jul 2019
I'm shocked to not see Asuka, Rei or 02 but very happy that two characters from the Monogatari series made it. How cool is that? I knew Megumin was popular but not that popular. Not that I mind.
Life is a despicable endurance race
Sep 12, 2019 3:20 AM
Mar 2018
Ahh well Makise Kurisu is best girl.
Sep 12, 2019 3:26 AM

Jan 2010
Catalano said:
I removed all the guys and kept the first 10 girls (as of sept 2019).

Makise Kurisu (12)
Rem (17)
Mikasa Ackerman (22)
Gasai Yuno (23)
Senjougahara Hitagi (24)
Aisaka Taiga (25)
Saber (28)
Holo (30)
Megumin (37)

I am very disappointed that Yuno isn't no 1 but what can I do, Mikasa is great, SnK is pretty popular. Taiga being there in top 10 hurts my eyes, she's too obnoxious (Minorin was best girl) and the others are otaku waifus (which is not wrong at all).
Do you think there'll be a girl who's gonna storm the top 10? I'm patiently waiting for 02, more people have to watch Franxx to discover the greatness of 02.
So what are your thoughts?

Only one of them is deserving of the place for my taste.
This rank only means what majority of MAL users like.
Sep 12, 2019 3:26 AM
Apr 2017
I'm disgusted to see that frigid bitch of senjougahara in that list. Tsubasa über alles.

And Mikasa? I don't dislike her by any means but she wouldn't crack my top 50, let alone top 10. I guess people like a psychothic obsessive babysitter who behaves more like a man than a woman. Heh, to each their own.

Makise is in the top 10 tho, so everything is fine anyway.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Sep 12, 2019 5:12 AM

Oct 2010
Kurgo said:
I'm disgusted to see that frigid bitch of senjougahara in that list. Tsubasa über alles

The only character I like I Monogatari is Black Hanekawa, too bad she isn't listed as a character.
Sep 12, 2019 5:30 AM

Feb 2017
I like Rem, Megumin, Senjougahara, Saber, Kiss-Shot. Especially the latter three.

Dunno about Yuno and Holo since I haven't seen their shows but I feel I would like Holo. Taiga is okay but I wasn't really fan of her. Ami and Minori were better.

Mikasa doesn't deserve to be there at all. She has personality of a wet napkin. By far the most boring character in Attack on Titan, and she is supposed to one of the mains.

As for the girls I'd like to see on the top, I'd say definitely Rin Tohsaka, Motoko Kusanagi, Balsa, Akane and Dianna Soriel. They are in my favorites after all. There a many others I'd have no problem seeing there such as Asuka, Illyasviel, Marida Cruz, Hinata from Sangatsu, most of Monogatari girls, etc. There's no point in listing them all
Sep 12, 2019 5:15 PM
Dec 2018
Yukino Yukinoshita (oregairu)
Akeno Himejima (HS DxD)
Kurisu Makise (Steins Gate)
Miskasa Ackerman (Aot)
Historia Reiss (Aot)
Sep 12, 2019 5:31 PM
Jul 2018
Mal users are tasteless

I can't believe they made Rem popular

And I can't believe Saber is there when Rin actually exists

I'm not gonna complain about Makise though, she's ok
removed-userSep 12, 2019 5:38 PM
Sep 12, 2019 5:34 PM

Nov 2016
I can somewhat agree with the top. Kurisu is only my 4th favourite Steins;Gate girl but she's pretty decent, Taiga is my favourite girl in anime so I think she deserves her standing, Rem is top tier, Shinobu and Senjougahara are ok, I like Holo and Megumin, haven't watched much Fate so no opinion on Saber, and Yuno and Mikasa are hot garbage.

I also think Zero Two is trash.
Sep 12, 2019 5:47 PM

Nov 2018
Mikasa Ackerman-22
Artoria Pendragon(Saber)-28
Yuuki Asuna-38
Yukinoshita Yukino-65
Gremory Rias-63
Kotegawa Yui-711
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Sep 13, 2019 1:23 AM

Mar 2015
Welp, looks like my taste in waifus differs greatly from the majority of this site.

I'm actually surprised 02 isn't in the top 50. Looking at the girls in it she'd fit right in :^)

Jolyne #1 most favorited girl when part 6 anime comes out when
Sep 13, 2019 2:01 AM

Nov 2008
Catalano said:
Makise Kurisu (12)
Rem (17)
Mikasa Ackerman (22)
Gasai Yuno (23)
Senjougahara Hitagi (24)
Aisaka Taiga (25)
Saber (28)
Holo (30)
Megumin (37)

Kurisu is awesome and a great top pick.
Rem is overrated as hell. I dread the day she takes over Kurisu. I swear every time I check the list she has conjured 2000 new favorites from nowhere.
Mikasa is okay I guess.
Yuno is really awesome too.
Hitagi is laaaaaame. Fake tsundere that cuts her hair. Gross. And her show sucks too.
Taiga is awesome, but prefer Shana even more. Still great though.
Artoria isn't bad, but come on, Rin the heroine of the ass is right there!
Holo is pretty cool.
Shinobu is laaaaaame too. And really, of all franchises to double-dip from, why Monogatari? Yuck,
Megumin is cool, but again I prefer Aqua the assy nopan goddess.

Also good thing you didn't continue because the top girls are embarrasingly lame. Kaori? Zero Two? Lucy? Shitoge? Rias? Sparkycrotch? Urrrrgh.
Sep 13, 2019 2:06 AM

Oct 2010
@zettairyouiki who is sparky crotch? It sounds funny and ecchi. I'm kinda sad there's no asuka langley in top 10.
Sep 13, 2019 2:07 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
These are just girls from popular anime but that's to be expected.
Sep 13, 2019 2:08 AM

Nov 2008
Catalano said:
@zettairyouiki who is sparky crotch? It sounds funny and ecchi. I'm kinda sad there's no asuka langley in top 10.

Mikoto from Index. Apparently quality subs called her something like that.
Sep 13, 2019 2:12 AM

Oct 2010
@zettairyouiki thanks dude, and from your favs there's no girl even close to that top. Yumeko and Yuuna are great though.
Sep 13, 2019 2:29 AM
Jun 2019
Catalano said:

Taiga being there in top 10 hurts my eyes, she's too obnoxious (Minori was best girl).

I understand that that is your opinion. But...they were both obnoxious but I'd choose Taiga over her anyday. However best girl goes to Kawashima. As for the top list,I approve and also insist on Kurisu. Rest all I don't really care about. Well Mikasa is alright too but not in my favs though.

Catalano said:
Do you think there'll be a girl who's gonna storm the top 10?

Maybe if we get the anime adaptation of JoJo part 6 which has Jolyne Kujo. But I myself haven't read the manga yet and am not sure if the JoJo fandom can make it happen.
Sep 13, 2019 2:32 AM

Nov 2017
I just don't see the greatness in Rem and Megumin...

plz @ me
Sep 13, 2019 2:54 AM

Apr 2012
The first thing I notice about those ten is that all of them are subordinate within their show to a male lead. (Clearly for most, but only arguably for a few.) It seems MAL is not too keen on female protagonists, which is a pity since having plenty of female protagonists is one of the great advantages anime has over Western media.

I'm quite satisfied that of the seven female characters within my top ten characters, three are protagonists and another two are from female-led shows.
logopolisSep 13, 2019 3:04 AM
Sep 13, 2019 3:24 AM
Jul 2018
I'm not really a huge fan of any of the top 10 girls of MAL except for Kurisu, Megumin and probably Hitagi. But I could understand why they are loved by so many.

I'm honestly quite surprised that Kurisu is the top female character in MAL and I think she deserves it. And I would be glad if she reaches the Top 10 in which her good friend, Okabe is part of right now.
Sep 13, 2019 3:35 AM

Oct 2010
logopolis said:
The first thing I notice about those ten is that all of them are subordinate within their show to a male lead. (Clearly for most, but only arguably for a few.) It seems MAL is not too keen on female protagonists, which is a pity since having plenty of female protagonists is one of the great advantages anime has over Western media.

I'm quite satisfied that of the seven female characters within my top ten characters, three are protagonists and another two are from female-led shows.

Very interesting, they are all kinda sidekicks except for taiga, holo and yuno. The only girl who I can think of to be a great main would be Matoi Ryuuko, but people don't watch klk because ecchi.
Sep 13, 2019 3:47 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
Catalano said:
logopolis said:

Very interesting, they are all kinda sidekicks except for taiga, holo and yuno. The only girl who I can think of to be a great main would be Matoi Ryuuko, but people don't watch klk because ecchi.

You clearly don't watch enough anime with female leads then, there's tons of fantastic female leads
Sep 13, 2019 4:06 AM

Oct 2010
@roevhaal in fact, I only wanted to provide a quick example, and I messed up my post. And from my favs, 6 are mains and 1 is an evil mastermind. But apparently the tendency is to like sidekicks, as for the top 10
Sep 13, 2019 4:17 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
Catalano said:
@roevhaal in fact, I only wanted to provide a quick example, and I messed up my post. And from my favs, 6 are mains and 1 is an evil mastermind. But apparently the tendency is to like sidekicks, as for the top 10

I see, as for why the most popular females aren't lead characters that's because most users watch shows with male leads so the females they add to their favourite list are sidekicks or supporting leads
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good?

arinthach - 11 hours ago

32 by RobertBobert »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 3 hours ago

10 by Ricchan__ »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

67 by PostMahouShoujo »»
3 minutes ago

» Why is netorare so hated? ( 1 2 )

Je-suis-lui - Apr 9

59 by Archfiend836 »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

81 by PostMahouShoujo »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.