Forum Settings
Forums
#1
Sep 11, 3:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 1236
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/story/2019/09/11/trump-takedown-bolton-national-security-1489690

"President Donald Trump on Wednesday savaged former national security adviser John Bolton one day after unceremoniously dismissing him via Twitter — blasting his hawkish ex-aide’s hard-charging brand of diplomacy and partly blaming him for launching the Iraq War."

 
#2
Sep 11, 3:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 13497
Just in time for his favorite holiday.
 
#3
Sep 11, 3:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 31446
And Bolton said he resigned. Either could be true really. All that matters is he's gone and can only hope someone just as bad or worse doesn't take his place.
 
#4
Sep 11, 3:54 PM

Online
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 3077
This was inevitable as Bolton is a part of the old guard, the old rules, the old ways. Still a shame though, but Trumpmeister said Bolton is a tough guy and I am going to be tougher than him.
So, are we dropping another MOAB Cheif?

 
#5
Sep 11, 4:13 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 47063
he fired another one of his own recruit but this Bolton guy is a devil incarnate they say anyway
 
#6
Sep 11, 4:24 PM

Online
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 3077
heg said:
he fired another one of his own recruit but this Bolton guy is a devil incarnate they say anyway


True. It is only fitting the devil incarnate and chairman of the Gatestone Institute get fired to appease centrists and virulent alt-righter (he was much despised by all lol) around voting time after a N Carolina special election victory.
 
#7
Sep 11, 6:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 12151
quelle fucking surprise


FINALLY XX YOU OUT
feels so good to forget ya, i've become someone better
.

 
#8
Sep 11, 6:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 1236
heg said:
he fired another one of his own recruit but this Bolton guy is a devil incarnate they say anyway
"he fired another one of his own recruit" are you saying trump recruited him into office? this guy is bush era and has been a parasite that needed to be removed for years.
 
#9
Sep 11, 7:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 737
Bolton's stance on Iran was probably one of the reasons. He's gone late to be honest.
 
Sep 11, 7:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 15524
I've heard that Trump is now going to hire Michael Bolton to replace him.
 
Sep 11, 8:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 2371
John Bolton is John McCain but with a mustache. Both never found a war they didn't like.
 
Sep 11, 11:24 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 4
Trump did it because DPRK told him too.

No really...Trump is letting North Korea decide who he fires.
Modified by levodiya1, Sep 11, 11:35 PM
 
Sep 12, 12:37 AM

Online
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 3020
Cneq said:
heg said:
he fired another one of his own recruit but this Bolton guy is a devil incarnate they say anyway
"he fired another one of his own recruit" are you saying trump recruited him into office? this guy is bush era and has been a parasite that needed to be removed for years.

Bolton was working as a Fox news commentator and as the head of several conservative think tanks for 12 years until Trump recruited him as his National Security Advisor. While accurate that he worked in the Bush administration he was out by Bush's second terms and held no political office after that point.

Unless you're trying to imply that the President had absolutely no say in who was picked for a direct position as his advisor.
Modified by GamerDLM, Sep 12, 12:41 AM
 
Sep 12, 2:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 1221
Soverign said:
This was inevitable as Bolton is a part of the old guard, the old rules, the old ways. Still a shame though, but Trumpmeister said Bolton is a tough guy and I am going to be tougher than him.
So, are we dropping another MOAB Cheif?



How so, he was Trumps third appointment in this position but Trump is such an idiot that he fires anyone who disagrees with his warped reality.

Good riddance to Bolton, Trump was an idiot for hiring him in the first place.
 
Sep 12, 5:49 AM

Online
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 3077
QPR said:
Soverign said:
This was inevitable as Bolton is a part of the old guard, the old rules, the old ways. Still a shame though, but Trumpmeister said Bolton is a tough guy and I am going to be tougher than him.
So, are we dropping another MOAB Cheif?



How so, he was Trumps third appointment in this position but Trump is such an idiot that he fires anyone who disagrees with his warped reality.

Good riddance to Bolton, Trump was an idiot for hiring him in the first place.


Bolton is a regime change hawk, I was under the impression he was with Trump in some capacity before his appointment. He was part of Trump's hardline militarist team with Jim Mattis. According to most sources Trump is going for a policy pivot, that Bolton strongly disagreed with, like Matthias.

John Bolton’s sudden departure from the Trump administration was inevitable. It had nothing to do with his fabled mustache or even his very real personality clash with the president. It was a matter of principle. Trump wants to write a new chapter, closing the one marked “Militarism and Maximum Pressure” and opening one called “Dealmaking and the Pursuit of the Nobel Peace Prize.” He wants a summit with Iran’s leaders and deals with the Taliban, Kim Jong Un, and Vladimir Putin on arms control. He does not care about most of the details, as long as he gets the credit.

https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/597901/

Trumperino done pulled a Kennedy solving his own missile crisis and getting a medal on yalls ass lol.

Modified by Soverign, Sep 12, 5:55 AM
 
Sep 12, 1:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 1222
Yes and this is a good thing. Fucking Bolton would've seen the entire Middle East set on fire in order to get rid of Iran. I'm glad to see over the years that Trump has realized how utterly incompetent some of the people in his administration were and has taken steps to put better people onboard.
 
Sep 12, 2:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 31446
Ryuk9428 said:
Yes and this is a good thing. Fucking Bolton would've seen the entire Middle East set on fire in order to get rid of Iran. I'm glad to see over the years that Trump has realized how utterly incompetent some of the people in his administration were and has taken steps to put better people onboard.

You mean people he himself chose to be in those positions to begin with
.

If he did remove Bolton which is not a given certainty since as I mentioned before Bolton said he resigned then it is obvious it's not about exact policy it's more along the lines of him probably not liking people telling him what to do and he doesn't like people that don't do what he says. Keep in mind Trump is the one who wanted to invade Venezuala and tried to do a coup. Trump is the one who wanted to capture and torture families of suspected terrorists. Trump is who backs Saudi Arabia's war against Yemen. Trump who removed CIA protocalls that give them more free range to kill without orders from higher up. Trump that greatly increased civilian deaths in Syria from haphazard air strikes bringing future generations of terrorists and military retaliation against his bloodshed.
 
Sep 12, 2:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 1236
traed said:
Ryuk9428 said:
Yes and this is a good thing. Fucking Bolton would've seen the entire Middle East set on fire in order to get rid of Iran. I'm glad to see over the years that Trump has realized how utterly incompetent some of the people in his administration were and has taken steps to put better people onboard.

You mean people he himself chose to be in those positions to begin with
.

If he did remove Bolton which is not a given certainty since as I mentioned before Bolton said he resigned then it is obvious it's not about exact policy it's more along the lines of him probably not liking people telling him what to do and he doesn't like people that don't do what he says. Keep in mind Trump is the one who wanted to invade Venezuala and tried to do a coup. Trump is the one who wanted to capture and torture families of suspected terrorists. Trump is who backs Saudi Arabia's war against Yemen. Trump who removed CIA protocalls that give them more free range to kill without orders from higher up. Trump that greatly increased civilian deaths in Syria from haphazard air strikes bringing future generations of terrorists and military retaliation against his bloodshed.
"Trump that greatly increased civilian deaths in Syria from haphazard air strikes bringing future generations of terrorists and military retaliation against his bloodshed."

You do realize trump significantly stopped almost all sir strikes right? Go complain about obama since he's the one who bred generations of blood thirsty kids who saw their families killed infront of them (who are now probably 20-25 years old)
 
Sep 12, 4:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 1277
Bolton was pretty much telling him not to make deals when Trump's core is to be a business man.
 
Sep 12, 4:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 1222
traed said:
Ryuk9428 said:
Yes and this is a good thing. Fucking Bolton would've seen the entire Middle East set on fire in order to get rid of Iran. I'm glad to see over the years that Trump has realized how utterly incompetent some of the people in his administration were and has taken steps to put better people onboard.

You mean people he himself chose to be in those positions to begin with
.

If he did remove Bolton which is not a given certainty since as I mentioned before Bolton said he resigned then it is obvious it's not about exact policy it's more along the lines of him probably not liking people telling him what to do and he doesn't like people that don't do what he says. Keep in mind Trump is the one who wanted to invade Venezuala and tried to do a coup. Trump is the one who wanted to capture and torture families of suspected terrorists. Trump is who backs Saudi Arabia's war against Yemen. Trump who removed CIA protocalls that give them more free range to kill without orders from higher up. Trump that greatly increased civilian deaths in Syria from haphazard air strikes bringing future generations of terrorists and military retaliation against his bloodshed.


The reason I have more faith in Trump is because he can see reason and realize he was wrong. He has "wanted" to do a lot of crazy things and advisors of his have talked him out of it.

These guys getting fired are stubborn dinosaurs like Jeff Sessions and now Bolton who refused to see reason.
 
Sep 12, 6:58 PM

Online
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 7776
Who hasent trump fired? So much for thr best people lel
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others."
 
Sep 13, 2:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 1221
Ryuk9428 said:


The reason I have more faith in Trump is because he can see reason and realize he was wrong.


LMFAO, did you actually time that? The manbaby used a marker pen to change the hurricane forecasts because he misspoke about Alabama being hit. He then threatened for fire people in the weather service unless they changed their forecast to match with his deluded one.

One thing Trump cannot do is admit he was wrong which is why 92% of his "facts" are verifiable lies.
 
Sep 13, 6:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 1222
QPR said:
Ryuk9428 said:


The reason I have more faith in Trump is because he can see reason and realize he was wrong.


LMFAO, did you actually time that? The manbaby used a marker pen to change the hurricane forecasts because he misspoke about Alabama being hit. He then threatened for fire people in the weather service unless they changed their forecast to match with his deluded one.

One thing Trump cannot do is admit he was wrong which is why 92% of his "facts" are verifiable lies.


Well originally he was right. The hurricane was going to do what he thought they were gonna do because that was the original forecast.

He used to be hardline against doing anything about Assad but changed his opinion when he saw Assad gassing children and decided someone should punch him a little so he doesn't continue thinking he can do whatever cruel things he wants.

He has fired many people who deserved it and were incompetent.

He stopped us from getting into a war with Iran despite the hawkish advisors around him.
 
Sep 13, 8:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 1221
Trump was the one who hired those hawkish advisors, including Bolton. So you are trying to giev Trump credit for firing incompetent people when he shouldn't have hired them in the first place.
 
Sep 13, 10:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 4637
QPR said:
Trump was the one who hired those hawkish advisors, including Bolton. So you are trying to giev Trump credit for firing incompetent people when he shouldn't have hired them in the first place.


Trump is far from perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than his predecessors. The military-industrial complex is powerful, and instead of bending and plunging the U.S. into more wars like everyone else did he actually got rid of war hawks.
 
Sep 13, 11:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 1221
RandomChampion said:


Trump is far from perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than his predecessors. The military-industrial complex is powerful, and instead of bending and plunging the U.S. into more wars like everyone else did he actually got rid of war hawks.

How so, hes undoing all the consumer protection, now he's just signed a law allowing water companies to give you more contaminated water. That's just the latest in a long line of things that will affect you.
 
Sep 13, 11:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 4637
QPR said:
RandomChampion said:


Trump is far from perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than his predecessors. The military-industrial complex is powerful, and instead of bending and plunging the U.S. into more wars like everyone else did he actually got rid of war hawks.

How so, hes undoing all the consumer protection, now he's just signed a law allowing water companies to give you more contaminated water. That's just the latest in a long line of things that will affect you.


His predecessors did things that affects Americans too. The only difference is that they also got the US into major wars.
 
Sep 14, 12:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 1236
RandomChampion said:
QPR said:

How so, hes undoing all the consumer protection, now he's just signed a law allowing water companies to give you more contaminated water. That's just the latest in a long line of things that will affect you.


His predecessors did things that affects Americans too. The only difference is that they also got the US into major wars.
Not to mention his predecessors didn't do anything right on top of that. Trump is definitely a improvement and if anything people should be even more hopeful that future presidents will continue this trend and continue to make improvements.

Let me give you an example of the absurdity of people complaining.

So there's a local mexican restaurant that used to be the best place back in the day, 5 star rating, however years ago it changed management over and over again which turned it into a rat infested 2 star restaurant and a husk of it's former self. People became used to how bad it had gotten and decided to stop complaining. One day someone stepped up to the plate to make this place great again and get it back up to a 5 star rating. This person changed and improved a ton of things and eventually got it all the way back up to a 3 star, a serious improvement over what the former managers were doing. Sure it wasn't perfect and there was still ways to go before it makes it back to it's former glory but it was a start.

Now you would think people would be hopeful that now maybe we are on the right track to improve this restaurant, despite some of the shortcomings, but you would be wrong. People decided now would be the best time to complain about everything and nitpick every decision the new manager came to, despite the previous managers being the ones who ran the place to the ground people rose up and ridiculed and mocked the one person who put things back on track. Could it be blind hate towards the individual? Group think and misinformation spreading hate? Or just straight up madness? There's one thing that's for certain and it's certainly absurd.


(honestly expected this to be a short comment but ended up writing an entire fucking story about a mexican restaurant, jeez lmao)
 
Sep 14, 12:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 2687
I don't think people understand exactly how ruthless of a businessman Trump is. His attitude transfers over to how he runs the political office. If you aren't on his side. you're a detriment and you're getting canned. He really doesn't give a fuck who you are.

The detractors think he's stupid, but he's secured a right leaning supreme court for the next few decades. That's checkmate.
 
Sep 14, 12:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 1221
RandomChampion said:


His predecessors did things that affects Americans too. The only difference is that they also got the US into major wars.

Yes like rules for cleaner air, water, less pollution. All of which Trump repealed.

Trump is still a warhawk, he tried to get his hands on the oil in Venezuela but bottled it when Russia started moving some troops in. He would shut bases in about 160 countries if he wanted to bring the military home.
 
Sep 14, 12:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1751
How many of his own officials have been kicked out/have resigned by now? I swear, it must be a new record.
My condolences to KyoAni #PrayForKyoani
 
Sep 14, 1:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 1221
NthDegree said:
How many of his own officials have been kicked out/have resigned by now? I swear, it must be a new record.

The turnover has been massive, his supporters try to spin it as draining the swamp but they are often his appointees. He is on his 3rd or 4th guy in Boltons position.

Also look at the FAA, they have had no head for 3 years. No one wants to work under Trump and they are going through their biggest crisis right now.
 
Sep 14, 2:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 1236
QPR said:
RandomChampion said:


His predecessors did things that affects Americans too. The only difference is that they also got the US into major wars.

Yes like rules for cleaner air, water, less pollution. All of which Trump repealed.

Trump is still a warhawk, he tried to get his hands on the oil in Venezuela but bottled it when Russia started moving some troops in. He would shut bases in about 160 countries if he wanted to bring the military home.


"He would shut bases in about 160 countries if he wanted to bring the military home."

Dude do you even realize why troops are stationed in those bases? Literally every country needs military presence around the world. If you're so uneducated about military strategy that you don't even realize the importance of that your opinions are seriously worthless lmao. People are against active deployment and military intervention, not stationing troops in strategic locations and near allies.

"Yes like rules for cleaner air, water, less pollution. All of which Trump repealed. "

That is literally one area and that area is environmental/climate change. If that is seriously all you can find a problem with you have a rather weak argument.
 
Sep 14, 3:21 AM

Online
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 3020
Cneq said:
RandomChampion said:


His predecessors did things that affects Americans too. The only difference is that they also got the US into major wars.
Not to mention his predecessors didn't do anything right on top of that. Trump is definitely a improvement and if anything people should be even more hopeful that future presidents will continue this trend and continue to make improvements.

Let me give you an example of the absurdity of people complaining.

So there's a local mexican restaurant that used to be the best place back in the day, 5 star rating, however years ago it changed management over and over again which turned it into a rat infested 2 star restaurant and a husk of it's former self. People became used to how bad it had gotten and decided to stop complaining. One day someone stepped up to the plate to make this place great again and get it back up to a 5 star rating. This person changed and improved a ton of things and eventually got it all the way back up to a 3 star, a serious improvement over what the former managers were doing. Sure it wasn't perfect and there was still ways to go before it makes it back to it's former glory but it was a start.

Now you would think people would be hopeful that now maybe we are on the right track to improve this restaurant, despite some of the shortcomings, but you would be wrong. People decided now would be the best time to complain about everything and nitpick every decision the new manager came to, despite the previous managers being the ones who ran the place to the ground people rose up and ridiculed and mocked the one person who put things back on track. Could it be blind hate towards the individual? Group think and misinformation spreading hate? Or just straight up madness? There's one thing that's for certain and it's certainly absurd.


(honestly expected this to be a short comment but ended up writing an entire fucking story about a mexican restaurant, jeez lmao)

Honestly your analogy is accurate for the presidential administrations but you picked the wrong starting point. Arguably the country was in pretty solid shape in the late 90s, including things like the strongest economy in recent memory and balancing government spending. But then Bush came in gave a bunch of tax cuts, started two wars and an increasing lack of regulations nearly tanked the economy and almost drove it into a depression (the 2 star restaurant in the scenario). The next guy then made some drastic moves to save it from tanking getting it back up to a functional state, again to fit the scenario back up to a 3 or 4 star, not perfect but decent. But then the next guy came in and made it his personal mission to undo literally everything the guy before him had done. But you're both trying to give him credit for the prior guys work and generally praising him for his actions when he's done very little to continue the upward trend.
Modified by GamerDLM, Sep 14, 3:56 AM
 
Sep 14, 3:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 1221
Cneq said:
QPR said:

Yes like rules for cleaner air, water, less pollution. All of which Trump repealed.

Trump is still a warhawk, he tried to get his hands on the oil in Venezuela but bottled it when Russia started moving some troops in. He would shut bases in about 160 countries if he wanted to bring the military home.


"He would shut bases in about 160 countries if he wanted to bring the military home."

Dude do you even realize why troops are stationed in those bases? Literally every country needs military presence around the world. If you're so uneducated about military strategy that you don't even realize the importance of that your opinions are seriously worthless lmao. People are against active deployment and military intervention, not stationing troops in strategic locations and near allies.

"Yes like rules for cleaner air, water, less pollution. All of which Trump repealed. "

That is literally one area and that area is environmental/climate change. If that is seriously all you can find a problem with you have a rather weak argument.

I would have though basic human rights to clean air and water would be right at the top of the list except for tin pot dictators.

No other country has so many bases and that's because the US sustains itself on death, people must be killed because of the petrodollar, when that collapsed, the US will turn into Mogadishu overnight when money is worthless and people with guns get hungry.

The US has more overseas bases than the rest of the world combined.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_with_overseas_military_bases

Of course the debt is spiralling even more wildly out of control under him. The FAA is also considered a joke around the world, Boeing could very well go under and America is the laughing stock of the world.

 
Sep 14, 7:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 4637
QPR said:
RandomChampion said:


His predecessors did things that affects Americans too. The only difference is that they also got the US into major wars.

Yes like rules for cleaner air, water, less pollution. All of which Trump repealed.

Trump is still a warhawk, he tried to get his hands on the oil in Venezuela but bottled it when Russia started moving some troops in. He would shut bases in about 160 countries if he wanted to bring the military home.


OK - maybe Trump is worse for the environment but he is better with regards to other factors. TBH I don't really give a damn about the environment. Pollution is not really a problem in the U.S.

You can call Trump a warhawk if you want, but the bottom line is that he did NOT plunge the U.S. into more wars like his predecessors did. Actions >>> words and his actions up to this point show that he is far less inclined to go to war than the Bushs, Obama, Clinton...

Again I didn't say Trump was perfect. Ideally, he would dramatically decrease the military presence around the world. Personally, I don't see why we should have bases in any other country but that's just me and it's a pipe dream. The fact still remains that he is better than those who came before him in this respect. That's a step in the right direction especially in the face of the American military-industrial complex.
 
Sep 15, 8:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1828
Now if we could just fire trump and pence.....!!
Life Is Short But Intense.
 
Sep 16, 11:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 1001
owned, israel shill child killing cuckservative btfo

the only things that dropped lower than my balls during puberty were my grades and my self-esteem
 
Top