Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2019 6:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I see the holiday spirit. New Years brings together to celebrate and muscle flexing lmao

Also was not expecting an idol audition in the same episode. Wtf is with the mask
Sep 11, 2019 7:35 AM

Apr 2010
Another talent show that had the honour of having the girls participate, and it turned into another funny event.
the shrine visit was also nice especially how Hibiki got motivated the climb that long stairs.
Sep 11, 2019 8:26 AM
Sep 2015
Another episode, another Kengan Ashura reference!
Sep 11, 2019 8:29 AM

Nov 2016
New Year's episode. I thought that would've been a good opportunity to make fun of all the new members or people who got back due to New Year's resolution xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 11, 2019 8:31 AM

Aug 2012
I got scared that i had to do the wrestler's bridge but luckily it's just the glute bridge. Next week is the final episode sadly, this show was a blast!
Sep 11, 2019 8:50 AM

Aug 2013
Machio is a part-time priest during new years.

Nice new years episode. One more episode to go.

Sep 11, 2019 9:34 AM

Jul 2019
Would have loved to see them join the macho cheers, but oh welp...
Sep 11, 2019 10:08 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, Machio's got too much stuff going on in his life xD. Figured it'd be him when we say a Muscle Priest before the unveiling and I was right on the mark there. Jeez, those haunted stairs though, I'm definitely one of those who'd jump his way through to save time and effort.

Gina's idealism of Japansure took a hefty blow there after seeing the sorry states of park, lol. Loved that little "Are you even Japanese" bit at the start too! Lol @ the teachers meanwhile having a little singles party.

Grand (and cringe posing as ever) return for Toshio Ozu. Just how many scenarios did he think up of and then come up with ideas to workout?

Didn't think we'd get more the idol stuff this episode but it sure was great to have Director Kutaro and Machio-san as the explainer back at it again! Looks like he's made quite the fortune too, lol. Dat Wrestler's Bridge was bloody awesome though.

Looks like we've got ourselves quite the finale in store, can't wait and there better be a Season 2 of this soon!

#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 11, 2019 10:17 AM

Mar 2016
Great, the audition thing again because it was so funny the first time. No motivation to watch the last episode but I guess I have to.
syncrogazerSep 11, 2019 10:21 AM
Sep 11, 2019 10:31 AM

Aug 2018
Next episode will probably be an epic blast to end this show (I'll regret it...)

Too bad this episode did not feature a sort of big dinner for the new year

Sep 11, 2019 10:33 AM

Mar 2018
Why the airport though?
Sep 11, 2019 12:20 PM
Jan 2016
Another funny episode!

Machio being the priest of the shrine!

Another idol audiction, it was really amuzing, and the juri reactions were epic!

And also i learn more exercises there is no need equipment!
Sep 11, 2019 1:04 PM

Mar 2019
NOOOO next week last epsiode already....the talent show was funny though but not that speical. Also a magician who can perform some tricks even with audition, Tejina Senpai has a lot to learn still from him
Sep 11, 2019 1:43 PM

Apr 2015
How to get Hibiki motivated: Let her believe there's a chance for romance or food. Love it.
Shrine visit was pretty funny, when they were talking about a muscle god, it was to be expected that Machio was gonna be involved XD

Next week looks to be interesting for the final episode... There better be a S2 announced soon. I would be sad if it doesn't get a second season.
Sep 11, 2019 1:54 PM

Oct 2010
This show feels like it jumped the shark last few episodes. Strayed a lot from the workout in favor of repetitive comedy.
Sep 11, 2019 3:39 PM

Feb 2014
So Machio-san has musclehood, priesthood and what's left is knighthood eh?
Aww next one's the last. Gonna miss the workouts.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 11, 2019 3:56 PM

May 2014
Well i've found a new god to worship.

Sad next week is the last episode, it's been a fun show from start to finish.

I also have a desire to walk up a flight of stairs now...
Sep 11, 2019 5:50 PM

Jul 2017
AH...New Year's, and time for celebrations! Praying to a muscle god, that's new. But first, the Stair Climb! Ooh even though staircases are commonplace, it's a good routine workout, only if done correctly!

The macho god turns out to be Machio... looks like he's not only Silverman Gym's spokesperson, but the shrine too! Musclehood and priesthood go hand in hand :)

Heck yea, you don't need equipment to do exercise, though you should use one, but when OTG, it's good and satisfying!

Back to the talent show, the SAME director pops up yet again for another lackluster talent show, and they're back for another run! And of course, Tachibana-sensei having to cover herself. And of course, what to do better than the Wrestler's Bridge.

It's insanely funny at how the director FINALLY made it big, the 1st being a nipslip. Jason Stagham made his stand to the director, for a training camp organized by Silverman Gym!

What surprises will we be seeing next week, being the last episode? I can't wait to find out! This muscle extravaganza has been great, gonna miss it after next week!

Workout of the week: Glute bridges! And doing it in the airport tarmac is just...symbolism! Nice bulk!
KANLen09Sep 11, 2019 5:54 PM
Sep 11, 2019 8:26 PM
Mar 2017
New Year's episode
Well, Akemi and Ayaka decide to visit a shrine of a god of the muscles and the place where this shrine is, it is a huge mountain with stairs that just by seeing them you get tired, but the beautiful Ayaka and her section of the benefits of Going up and down the stairs was wonderful, I finally know that I do an exercise that has given me results, besides Satomi exhausted looks damn hot, the same with Ayaka that I loved seeing her wearing that yellow tracksuit.

Machio is the priest of the shrine that the girls visit, which made me laugh a lot, in the end the girls received the new year surrounded by Machos.
The street training of the girls was very interesting, exercising without equipment is very convenient.

Zina returns for the rematch with her group of muscular idols and they look adorable in their school uniforms.
Satomi performing the wrestler brigde was awesome and then when Ayaka sat on it it was even better.
Jason seems to have plans for the girls now that they are more popular, so he and Kutaro will give us a glorious show for the next episode.

Postcredits routine was great, the girls performing the glute brigde was damn hot.

And now the moment that depresses me the most has come, next week is the last episode, but I still know that I will enjoy it as much as possible.
Sep 11, 2019 9:58 PM
Jan 2019
The stairs, the temple, the temple, the Priest of the muscles, the park and the television show, hahaha, great episode of the new year 😂. Somehow the "wrestler bridger" seemed incredible and extreme! 😎👌 ... I wonder if the girls will have won the prize of the hidden talent contest xD.

I can't believe there is only one episode of this great anime left: '). How quickly time passes.
Sep 11, 2019 10:16 PM

Jul 2016
Boy, that Wrestler's Bridge tho... such dexterity, Tachibana-sensei!

Entertaining episode as always. It's a bit sad there is only one episode left but on the other hand, I'm really excited to see how the studio will conclude such enjoyable series.
Sep 11, 2019 11:56 PM

Aug 2015
another out of season holiday episode..y u do this?

That aside, I enjoyed the idol plot a lot

Tachibana sensei, I'll fix your problem! Call me~

Top 10 things you're not allowed to say on American TV

Japan's parks don't have playgrounds? Damn it Japan, being a neoliberal hellhole is America's job! Thanks, Abe.
Sep 12, 2019 6:01 AM

Mar 2018
I'd have bet that Tachibana-sensei would've been on this muscle god/*romance* shrine too lol

That show was pretty spicy, would've liked to see all of what Hibiki & Co. did there ngl

Next, final episode is going to be spectacular it seems ^^ Looking forward to it

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 12, 2019 6:28 AM

Feb 2017
The park bit made me look it up and after reading a single article I can only say the way they're treating the parks is disgusting at best, any minor complaint gets made into a rule of that park to the point all you can you in it is just nothing in them and I bet even that isn't allowed(i.e. no loitering allowed), though someone pointed out that is just corrupt officials trying to make parks useless so that people don't use them and eventually sell the land.
Sep 12, 2019 10:14 AM

Apr 2015
Imo, this has to be the weakest episode of the series, for the first time ever I felt bored.

It also started getting a bit repetitive, nevertheless I still love this series.
Sep 12, 2019 11:20 AM

May 2018
Yeah yeah Ayaka no need for us to know about the proper way of climbing stair as a work out in fact in New York there is that Empire State Building Run-Up.

https://towerrunninguk.com/2018/11/13/when-is-the-empire-state-building-run-up-esbru-2019/

So, them girls wanna work out, but the gym was close for the new year, and the parks were just vacant lot, but ya know what's stupid, was that them girls weren't dress for the occasion and they could have gone to Ayaka's boxing gym to do some exercise or they could have jaz change into track suit and just jog, man, the lack of common sense for them girls to improvise was just too annoying.

And that Wrestler Bridge thing was just pretty useless, even pro bodybuilder don't waste any time in doing it. and jaz letting Ayala sit on Sensei, was just too dangerous
Sep 12, 2019 3:57 PM

Jul 2019
jason you madd lad
Sep 13, 2019 2:40 AM

Mar 2012

Nice!

And damn, only one more episode left. Definitely have enjoyed series a lot more than I initially anticipated.
Sep 13, 2019 10:44 PM

Oct 2008
oh gosh! even Machio is like god of muscle and perfect for him a shinto priest and not only that, his family owns the shrine! oh kagayaki! (so much shine!)
too bad only 1 ep left for this NAISU BALKU!
5/5.

Sep 14, 2019 8:11 AM
Jul 2018
I am so jealous that they are in a cold climate, here in texas it is so hot, that even if you sleep in your underwear you still can't get cool.... anyway good episode. Bro did anyone else see one of the mothers covering the kid's eyes when the girls were working out? i laughed. Also that whole competition segment and the shrine part were hilarious
Sep 14, 2019 9:42 AM

Jan 2008
This anime has actually motivated me to work out, surprisingly enough. I feel like I've learned a thing or two, which is super nice and I'm kinda sad to see it end soon!
Sep 14, 2019 6:01 PM
Nov 2018
best anime of the season!
NICE BULK!
Sep 14, 2019 10:25 PM

Apr 2018
Love how Muscle bro keeps popping out of nowhere lmao. Looks like there will be a huge event next episode and it's the last one :(
Sep 15, 2019 3:18 AM

Oct 2017
Wow looks like this is gonna end with a bang next episode, really looking forward to it.
Sep 17, 2019 2:19 PM
Jul 2015
Man it's gonna be sad when this anime ends. It's so much fun. Definitely one of my favourites this season. It's even useful at that!
Oct 12, 2019 5:38 AM

Mar 2015
It's been fun up til now, one last episode!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 22, 2019 2:03 AM

Jul 2015
Machio is even a priest? this guy sure has a lot on his CV

Their luck couldn't be much higher with that entry number 69, never knew that wrestler bridge was a workout I always thought it was some S&M thingy

Apr 13, 2020 9:29 AM

May 2015
The state of parks in JPN is serous matter. ;0
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 25, 2020 10:44 AM

Sep 2018
Episode that does not deny what has been seen so far, with the characters of Hibiki acting as a bricklayer, but also the rest of the co-stars give a nice hand, like Zina. However, the narrative is not very funny, but conceptually it is transitional. As for the part dedicated to the explanation of the physical exercises glimpsed during the episode, the anime series is always very clear from this point of view.
Sep 20, 2021 12:49 PM

Apr 2013
Woah, that was a pretty impressive bridge by Tachibana-sensei. That macho shrine though, this would be even more hilarious in real life lol
Jan 17, 2022 12:03 PM

Jan 2009
new years episode this time, not bad for stair climbing and the wrestler bridge, japan does not like parks i guess

the bridges exercise (the glute exercise is more easy and safe) are the top exercise this time

Mar 5, 2022 4:18 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lel even on the new year eve everything still related to muscle and exercise. Macho bros, long-ass shrine, and, Machio-san also on there too, why am i not surprised at all xd.

Alright even on the new year day, they still doing an exercise, what a determination. By using that muscle professor advice again, they did it well. But, don't forget to watch out your surrounding over a gossiper neighborhood!

Ah yes, that absurd idol audition again, but this time its not an idol performance. Its a wrestler bridge show! Look, even sensei already using the pro wrestler mask. How convenient xd.

Oh the final closed with shady muscle tour, i am sure miss you all...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 28, 2022 10:13 AM

Nov 2010
That's good to know. Throughout my college life, I lived in an apartment without elevators and I had to climb up and down a 6-7 story building every day. The stair design is kinda steep too. It felt so good and I would fall asleep as soon as I got into my bed.

No Akemi working out in a school uniform? tsk!
Jan 12, 2023 1:26 PM
Feb 2021
An anime that calls out japanese society without a even a thinly veiled metaphor? 10/10 get them some half power racks in the parks and make the obachans pay for it
Dec 4, 2023 9:03 PM

Nov 2023
Funny episode yayay
Apr 8, 8:53 AM

Aug 2019
Rewatching and just dawned on me that they had a nice entry number

Also how perfect it was to have Nao voicing Zina with her idol obsession

Just by even having park space, I'd think they're still relatively better than some other places

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

161 by Cyroro »»
Apr 12, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

132 by hanyuhi16 »»
Mar 23, 7:30 PM

Poll: » Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2019

294 by AltF4Magic »»
Jan 24, 5:24 AM

Poll: » Did you guys do the exercises at the end of the episodes?

JaniSIr - Apr 17, 2023

29 by dezhavhu »»
Jan 1, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2019

52 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 9:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.