Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sep 11, 5:41 AM
I just recently watched episode 80 and I feel a bit nervous about continuing it or putting it on hold. I’ve heard that most of the people who watched this arc “kinda” didn’t like it? And I don’t want to continue watching it if it’ll just make me disappointed cuz I don’t wanna waste my time hehhe. So please share your options about this, it would be very helpful

Sep 11, 5:43 AM
Pretty dragged and the major fight wasn't even satisfying but relationship of a character (not gonna tell which one) with a certain character was really good so you should watch it tbh.
Modified by ExodiaX, Sep 11, 5:57 AM

Sep 11, 5:47 AM

Just watch it, you won't get disappointed. It starts a bit slow but gets really tense later on.
If you find yourself disagreeing, please, don't do the following:

1. Call out on some superiority complex.
2. Rely on "If you don't like then don't watch it" in an attempt to defend your statements
3. Resorting to insults.

Sep 11, 5:48 AM
BerryBabe20 said:
I’ve heard that most of the people who watched this arc “kinda” didn’t like it?

Quite the opposite really; it is the main reason why it places so high in anime rankings and why it's one of the most favorited shows among modern audiences.

Sep 11, 5:58 AM

I like it, it's not the best arc imo but it improves a lot over time.

Sorry, english isn't my first language.

Sep 11, 6:03 AM

Definitely top 2 arc in HxH. The big fight that happens later is pretty interesting to watch since it's so long. Other than that, there are many incredible stand out moments in the entire series. IMO it's a must watch if you like the show.

Sep 11, 6:05 AM

To dislike it is actually an unpopular opinion. Despite that, I HATE IT. I've been in the Chimera Ant Arc hell for moths now (stuck at ep 115). I'll just copy+paste my thoughts on the arc from my short blog entry on my relationship with HxH arcs.

Here's my OG blog post: https://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=825109#comment

I've had a lot of discussions with fans of the arc on this and they haven't changed my opinion.

OP: I would advise you to give the first 10-12 episodes a watch and see how it goes from there. There's an equal likelihood of you liking it or hating it.

Sep 11, 6:16 AM
If you don't like 'narration' in general then you much likely are gonna dislike it. According to me, it's a really well done arc with many twist (not predictable i say) and hype moments in it. It has it's sad moments and it's funny ones and much more. I'd recommend continuing but hey, to each their own

Sep 11, 6:18 AM
Fun fact: The high score Hunter Hunter 2011 has is mainly because of the chimera ant arc. Wild right?

Sep 11, 6:28 AM
Meme Master

Chimera Ant is easily the best arc in Hunter x Hunter, in my opinion. It has my favorite character too.

https://myanimelist.net/featured/1059/Is_Hunter_X_Hunter__Chimera_Ant_the_Greatest_Shounen_Arc_Ever

Sep 11, 6:29 AM

It's eh at best. Too long for an arc with not-so-good ending.

Sep 11, 6:32 AM

It's the best arc by far so just enjoy it

Sep 11, 6:34 AM

If we overlook some of the pacing issues and annoying narrator episodes it's arguably one of the best arcs in HxH.

X s t a s y

“I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours”
―Cheshire Cat

Sep 11, 6:37 AM
frankly for me it was the worst arc in HxH, since the beginning HxH had this action, mystery, adventure feel to it,in contrast the Chimera ant arc's drops the usual adventurous/mystery nature that HxH always had & instead tries to draw the audience through nothing but mindles gore & cruelty.

there is also excesive naration, like if during a battle (especially in the palace) a character moves it's limb then the narator will explain the reasons & the consiquences for the next 2 or 5 minutes.

furthemore there is quite alot of pointless episodes that offer zero story progresion, basicaly filler episodes, honestly if some one told me to skip 20 or so episodes then I would have enjoyed it much more.

so my advice is, continue watching it but skip some of it, watch till episode 84 and then skip 20 or so episodes after that.

Sep 11, 6:37 AM
BerryBabe20 said:
I just recently watched episode 80 and I feel a bit nervous about continuing it or putting it on hold. I’ve heard that most of the people who watched this arc “kinda” didn’t like it? And I don’t want to continue watching it if it’ll just make me disappointed cuz I don’t wanna waste my time hehhe. So please share your options about this, it would be very helpful

Also, continue watching until episode 85 and believe me when i say that you'll love it afterwards ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sep 11, 6:38 AM

It's just one of those "Love it or hate it" things, It's better for you to just watch it and see if it fits your taste or not. Be warned it's the longest arc of HxH by far.

Personally? I love it. The main villain is my fave in HxH so far, and the intensity is really great.
"This is boring...I'm bored..."

Sep 11, 6:38 AM

Chimera Ant Arc is the best arc. But read the manga.

Sep 11, 7:46 AM

It's not my favourite arc but I still liked it. The main problems I have with it is the constant narration and slow-mo that starts in the last third of the arc, and the fact that Kurapika, Leorio and Hisoka are completely absent in the arc (which btw is the longest arc in HxH, being 61 episodes long). But it also has my favourite anime episode of all time.

Sep 11, 7:51 AM
It's bullshit that most people didn't like it, it's just that the people who didn't like it can't shut up about it which is why you might get that impression. It's a very vocal group that dislikes the arc a lot, but it isn't majority by any stretch of the imagination. There's plenty of people like me for whom it is their favorite arc, and probably even more who 'just' liked it.

That's the thing with HxH, every arc is great in its own way and for each arc there are people who will call it their favorite. That's how good it is. There is no consensus best arc and no consensus bad arc, just a bunch of people who love the show but prefer different parts of it.

Listen, everybody wants change, don't nobody want to change though
don't nobody want to pray, till they got something to pray for
now everybody's gonna die, but don't everybody live though

Sep 11, 8:06 AM
Forum Moderator
Bot Hunter

Thread moved from Anime Discussion
One bright day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight
Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other
A deaf policeman heard the noise and came and killed those two dead boys

Sep 11, 8:14 AM

It's the weakest arc in HxH imo.
Still, I personally think every arc in HxH is good, so even the weakest arc is something I liked.
I'm not sure how many people actually disliked it. I think most people who complain about it, simply liked it less than they liked other arcs. So they find it a little "overpraised" since the actual most popular opinion is that it's HxH best arc

Sep 11, 2:32 PM

Chimera Ant arc is the best arc in shonen genre.

Sep 11, 2:50 PM

Chimera Ant arc is the worst shounen arc ever created. Some people happen to really like this arc, but I feel it's also one of the most hated shounen arc and it has to be for a reason. Just drop it.

Sep 11, 4:06 PM
Lazy Bum
operationvalkyri said:
Too long. Too many uninteresting characters. I don't care about Kite enough to have a stake in Gon's revenge plot. All the murderous villains automatically turning into heroes seemed like a cop-out often (I mean Colt did some shitty things). Having said all that, nothing beats the trash that is the battle in the palace with the extremely slow pace and the laughable strategy; the awful narration and still shots; the monologues and the fact that I don't give a crap about anything except getting this arc over with. I can't believe people are complaining about OPM S2 when the palace battle is much worse

How about you actually finish the arc before hating on it.

Sep 11, 8:14 PM
It's the best arch for real

Sep 11, 8:45 PM

Hunter x Hunter is top 3 because of the Chimera Ant Arc.

Sep 13, 6:11 AM
for most ppl, it really is a hit or miss on whether they liked it or not. if they liked it, then its probably their favorite arc. if they didnt, they probably hated it. for me, it was my favorite arc, despite being a bit dragged on. however, the fights and development the characters receive are insane

Sep 13, 11:04 AM

In my opinion, Chimera Ant arc is the best arc of HxH 2011, moreover I think it's one of the best arc in shonen anime, probably the best.

Sep 15, 5:05 AM

Yeah episode 77 is hella boring..
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.

Preview MangaManga Store