Forum Settings
Forums
Sep 9, 2019 12:23 AM

What's your opinion with Tenki No Ko movie anime? Will it be the best anime? Or you still think that Kimi No Nawa is the best one, or maybe Spirited Away? Or you have your own Best Anime Movie? What is that?..

Sep 9, 2019 2:42 AM
i think both of them has there own strength nor i think kimi no kawa is the best, still i think it really depend on the generation . for the adults one they might say satoshi kon or hayao movies are the top while the younger one will say kimi no kawa or silent voice ,

Sep 9, 2019 2:52 AM

My favorite 3 movies that I rated 10 are: Tokyo Godfathers, Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni and Jin-Rou

5cm per second is Shinkai's best movie anyway. While Kimi no Na wa is visually remarkable and manages to hit most people emotionally, its story, characters and themes are inconsistent.
Planetes said:
Living alone and dying alone... alone... How could anyone be satisfied with that? It's stupid... Space is too big to face all alone.

Sep 9, 2019 3:03 AM

I loved Harmony, the main character is great, the world building is great, rhe mystery is intereating and it poses some intereating questions about humans and stuff. Shinkai movies are too shallow and childish to even compare with it, not saying they are bad, just my taste. Kotonoha no Niwa was his best movie.
"Even if there's a wide world and stories
beyond the main focus, I don't think
it's necessary to end with the protagonist having
been involved in everything." - Yagi Norihiro

Houseki no Kuni Club

Sep 9, 2019 3:05 AM

Tie between Ghost In The Shell and A Silent Voice.

Sep 9, 2019 3:27 AM
Personally the movie I like the most is Kizumonogatari III. If I had to pick a movie that wasn't tied to a series then it'd be Stranger: Mukou Hadan. I find Shinkai's work to range between good (knnw) and fucking horrid (b5cm) so I'm not nearly as big a fan of his as most are.

Honourable mentions to Paprika, Momo e no tegami, Planetarian and Mushishi Suzu no Shizuku.

Sep 9, 2019 6:01 AM

My top 3 are Kimi no Na wa, Wolf Children, and Princess Mononoke.
A møøse once bit my sister...

Sep 9, 2019 6:04 AM

Hard to say my favorite ones are:
- End of Evangelion
- Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 3: Hangyaku no Monogatari
- Perfect Blue
- Kimi no Na wa.
- Koukaku Kidoutai
- Paprika
- Koe no Katachi
- Spirited Away
- Princess Mononoke
Modified by Xstasy, Sep 9, 2019 6:15 AM

愛することは何もありません。愛されることは何かがあります。でも、愛することと愛されることは全てです。

Sep 9, 2019 6:06 AM

My favorite one is Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu.

Sep 9, 2019 6:06 AM

"Best" is really subjective in general, and even if someone tells you "yeah but objectively", no. There is no real objectivity. A downside for one person will be an upside for another person.

Therefore in my humble and highly opinionated opinion I say that the best Anime movie I have ever watched up to this date is, undoubtedly, Koe no Katachi. And also the Kizumonogatari trilogy. What, I can have 2 first places :v

edit: forgot about Hotarubi no Mori e, that one was quite a ride

Sep 9, 2019 6:14 AM

Mine is End of Evangelion, but I should watch more anime movies. Should watch more anime in general.

Sep 9, 2019 6:36 AM

No game no life movie...

the sountrack, atmosphere and storyline is beyond greatness.

Sep 9, 2019 6:40 AM

I never thought Kimi no Na wa. was the best one. I believe Kotonoha no Niwa for instance is miles better.

Sep 9, 2019 6:42 AM

Imma just say Tamako Love Story, personally

but on a more epicness scale, nothing can be Stranger
'On-Hold' is another way for a completionist to say 'Dropped'

Sep 9, 2019 6:44 AM

Lol, just because it's on top of the list doesn't mean it's the best (kimi no na wa). It's all style and no substance. Tenki no ko is probably the same.

Sep 9, 2019 6:44 AM

Kimi no Na Wa is my favorite. Not perfect, but it just resonated with me so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spirited Away & the Kizumonogatari trilogy are amazing as well.

Sep 9, 2019 6:48 AM

Those are my best anime movies:
Redline - Action galore racing anime with top notch animation
Princess Mononoke - nice nature vs mankind story with a good setting
Tokyo Godfathers - Tokyos bizarre bum adventure

Sep 9, 2019 6:49 AM

Jin-Roh by far.
Love the film LWA too.

Sep 9, 2019 6:49 AM

My top 5 movies would be Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel II, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, A Silent Voice, Wolf Children, and Liz and the Blue Bird.

Can’t really say anything about Tenki no Ko as I’m waiting for the bd release but I’ve heard it’s really good.

Do-do-donuts, let’s go nuts!

Sep 9, 2019 6:51 AM
for the best graphic/animation ill choose "Kotonoha no niwa"

but "seitokai yakuindomo the movie" the one I enjoy the most

Sep 9, 2019 7:00 AM

Your name was fucking magical to watch in 1080P. It's the best anime movie in my opinion

Sep 9, 2019 7:10 AM

KingofAnimeLover said:
What's your opinion with Tenki No Ko movie anime? Will it be the best anime? Or you still think that Kimi No Nawa is the best one, or maybe Spirited Away? Or you have your own Best Anime Movie? What is that?..

It's Patlabor 2, without a shadow of doubt.

Satoshi Kon's and Isao Takahata's works would come after that, but absolutely nothing can rival Patlabor 2.
1 hour = 10,000 yen.
2 hours = 20,000 yen.
3 hours = 3 loaves of French bread.
4 hours = 4 loaves of French bread.

Sep 9, 2019 7:13 AM
my top 3:Youjo Senki movie
No Game No Life movie
Kimi no Na wa

Sep 9, 2019 7:15 AM
Perfect Blue. Nothing compares. It's dark creepy,but an easy 10/10, and seeing your own past life as a pop idol trying to kill you is terrifying. I'd strongly recommend.

Sep 9, 2019 7:21 AM
*sips coffee*

My favorite film by leaps and bounds is Millennium Actress. One of the two 10s I've ever given. It's simply flawless in my eyes.

Sep 9, 2019 7:32 AM

Kimi no na wa, Koe no Katachi, The Girl who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars, The Disappeaance of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Have yet to see Satoshi Kon's works. Plan to begin with Tokyo Godfathers.

Sep 9, 2019 7:34 AM

KingofAnimeLover said:

Shinkai's works will never be the best in my eyes. They lacks of the impact needed for such praises. To me, the best movie I would think of is a tie between tokyo godfather and nausiica. If it must tie to a series then I would choose heavens feel part 2
The world is not beautiful. Therefore, it is.

Sep 9, 2019 7:40 AM

johnbradshaw said:

Shinkai's works will never be the best in my eyes. They lacks of the impact needed for such praises. To me, the best movie I would think of is a tie between tokyo godfather and nausiica. If it must tie to a series then I would choose heavens feel part 2

Why?Is it has good plot and graphic? then, why do you prefer both of those anime? please, explain me..

Sep 9, 2019 7:54 AM
just here to suggest Gintama Movie 2 - Yorozuya yo Eien Nare, its pretty solid if you've watched gintama, as far as i remember.
I'll love u lazily, but, I'll love u~

Sep 9, 2019 8:02 AM

KingofAnimeLover said:
johnbradshaw said:

Why?Is it has good plot and graphic? then, why do you prefer both of those anime? please, explain me..

It's story is far better imo. Have you even watched these two? I don't like Shinkai's characters, Theyre too one dimensional and his story is predictable. But dont get me wrong, i think your name is a good movie, not that good to me though. Nausicaa is actually among the most beautiful thing ive seem in media overall
The world is not beautiful. Therefore, it is.

Sep 9, 2019 8:05 AM

It's story is far better imo. Have you even watched these two? I don't like Shinkai's characters, Theyre too one dimensional and his story is predictable. But dont get me wrong, i think your name is a good movie, not that good to me though. Nausicaa is actually among the most beautiful thing ive seem in media overall

Ok, thanks for your reason and dont worry, you aren't wrong, just a discussion..
Maybe I have to watch yours

Sep 9, 2019 8:07 AM

Kimi no Na wa isn't even close to being my favorite, that achievement would probably belong to Patlabor 2.
CLICK HERE

and nothing happens.

Sep 9, 2019 8:12 AM
The best anime movie according to me is koi no katachi (a silent voice).

Sep 9, 2019 8:13 AM

To find something as good as Koukaku Kidoutai and The End of Evangelion will be hard.

Only watched 230 anime "movies" so I have alot left to watch. But don't think it exist anything out there that coud beat Koukaku Kidouta.

It's a pretty old anime movie and still beat new released anime content in quality, story, world building and development.

Sep 9, 2019 8:19 AM

w
Nillwas said:
To find something as good as Koukaku Kidoutai and The End of Evangelion will be hard.

Only watched 230 anime "movies" so I have alot left to watch. But don't think it exist anything out there that coud beat Koukaku Kidouta.

It's a pretty old anime movie and still beat new released anime content in quality, story, world building and development.

So, you have watched 230 movie animes? What is that all?
And what genre of koukaku is?

Sep 9, 2019 8:21 AM

Monarch9 said:
The best anime movie according to me is koi no katachi (a silent voice).

Yeah, I also like that..
even this is lact of speech each other, actually they (main characters) talk with another way to understand their feeling...

Sep 9, 2019 8:30 AM
Thug Hunter

I haven't seen Kimi no Na Wa and I have to say I am not interested at all. Back in 2018 I watched Koe no Katachi and was a great disappointment regarding how great people said it was.

As for me, my favourite anime movie is Princess Mononoke. Is like perfect for me, I love that movie, followed by The End of Evangelion and Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki. From there, I liked The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi, Perfect Blue, Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bebop: Knocking on Heaven's Door.

"Best" is just a subjective matter.

Sep 9, 2019 8:32 AM

Hotarubi no Mori e best movie dont @ me

Sep 9, 2019 8:40 AM
Really enjoyed SAO Ordinance Scale, saw it dozens of times. First 3 Pokemon films as well, i forget the name but its from KyoAni about a bully and a girl that cant hear, was a great film.

Sep 9, 2019 8:41 AM

KirbyWurby said:
Really enjoyed SAO Ordinance Scale, saw it dozens of times. First 3 Pokemon films as well, i forget the name but its from KyoAni about a bully and a girl that cant hear, was a great film.

Do you know when the third season will be aired?
I am also waiting for it

Sep 9, 2019 8:46 AM
KingofAnimeLover said:
KirbyWurby said:

Do you know when the third season will be aired?
I am also waiting for it
what season? If it's SAO should be October...

Sep 9, 2019 8:50 AM

If someone were to ask me what the best more objectively speaking is, I'd say either Ghost in the Shell or Mononoke Hime (some of the most well made covering some of the most impressive and sweeping subject matter).

My personal favorite though is Spirited Away.
Modified by WatchTillTandava, Sep 9, 2019 9:20 AM

Sep 9, 2019 9:02 AM
Yeah for me it definitely is the best anime out there

Sep 9, 2019 9:10 AM

Kuro_Neko04 said:

Same here. Also one of the few anime i've given a 10/10.

Sep 9, 2019 9:19 AM

fancyjasper said:
Kuro_Neko04 said:

Same here. Also one of the few anime i've given a 10/10.

Oh boi I still remember when Kyon started talking to himself saying "Now, you. Yes you." It gave me goosebumps.

Sep 9, 2019 9:28 AM

KingofAnimeLover said:
w
Nillwas said:

So, you have watched 230 movie animes? What is that all?
And what genre of koukaku is?

Koukaku Kidoutai is a cyperpunk show.
Sci-Fi/Action woud be the best way to explain the genre.

It's a good old movie, with awesome characters and a amazing world to explore.

Sep 9, 2019 9:37 AM

maquia

Sep 9, 2019 9:52 AM

neither your name or spirited away are even close to the best. perfect blue is the best easily.

Sep 9, 2019 10:24 AM

The Empire of Corpses is the best movie, in my opinion, Aura a close second.

Sep 9, 2019 11:09 AM

My number one favorite anime (movie) is Liz to Aoi Tori, by a long lead, but since there're much more great movies worth mentioning, I'll do so.

Listing my "Top 10 12 Anime Movies" present:

1. Liz to Aoi Tori
2. Tenshi no Tamago
3. Koe no Katachi
4. Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni
5. Omoide no Marnie | Kizumonogatari Trilogy
6. Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion
7. Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 3: Hangyaku no Monogatari
8. Hotaru no Haka | Kaguya-Hime no Monogatari
9. Harmony
10. Shoujo Kakumei Utena: Adolescence Mokushiroku

As for my stance to Shinkai, considering his movies have been mentioned by OP.
I think his most favorable movies, as of now, are Kotonoha no Niwa and 5 Centimeter per Second. The first for its visual impressiveness that heavily dictates the atmosphere of the movie and almost becomes the narration itself, making up for the not entirely favorable minimalism in the characterization/ script of it, while the latter is in case of narration and story structure (one of my biggest issues with Kimi no Nawa) his best movie I've seen of his, as of yet.
Tenki no Ko haven't I seen by now so I can't comment on that and Kimi no Nawa was one of those limited few anime that were agonizing to watch for me, to a degree where I would have dropped the film if I wouldn't have seen it together with someone else, therefore I'm much opposed to the idea of considering the movie any good, outside of some visual aspects. (Not saying someone can't like it, but I definitely don't.)
----------------------------------------------------------

Pages (2) [1] 2 »