Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 9, 2019 12:23 AM

Dec 2018
What's your opinion with Tenki No Ko movie anime? Will it be the best anime? Or you still think that Kimi No Nawa is the best one, or maybe Spirited Away? Or you have your own Best Anime Movie? What is that?..
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 9, 2019 2:42 AM
Dec 2015
i think both of them has there own strength nor i think kimi no kawa is the best, still i think it really depend on the generation . for the adults one they might say satoshi kon or hayao movies are the top while the younger one will say kimi no kawa or silent voice ,
Sep 9, 2019 2:52 AM

May 2015
My favorite 3 movies that I rated 10 are: Tokyo Godfathers, Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni and Jin-Rou

5cm per second is Shinkai's best movie anyway. While Kimi no Na wa is visually remarkable and manages to hit most people emotionally, its story, characters and themes are inconsistent.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2019 3:03 AM

Oct 2010
I loved Harmony, the main character is great, the world building is great, rhe mystery is intereating and it poses some intereating questions about humans and stuff. Shinkai movies are too shallow and childish to even compare with it, not saying they are bad, just my taste. Kotonoha no Niwa was his best movie.
Sep 9, 2019 3:05 AM

Jun 2016
Tie between Ghost In The Shell and A Silent Voice.
Sep 9, 2019 3:27 AM
Apr 2017
Personally the movie I like the most is Kizumonogatari III. If I had to pick a movie that wasn't tied to a series then it'd be Stranger: Mukou Hadan. I find Shinkai's work to range between good (knnw) and fucking horrid (b5cm) so I'm not nearly as big a fan of his as most are.

Honourable mentions to Paprika, Momo e no tegami, Planetarian and Mushishi Suzu no Shizuku.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Sep 9, 2019 6:01 AM

Mar 2017
My top 3 are Kimi no Na wa, Wolf Children, and Princess Mononoke.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Sep 9, 2019 6:04 AM
May 2019
Hard to say my favorite ones are:
- End of Evangelion
- Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 3: Hangyaku no Monogatari
- Perfect Blue
- Kimi no Na wa.
- Koukaku Kidoutai
- Paprika
- Koe no Katachi
- Spirited Away
- Princess Mononoke
XstasySep 9, 2019 6:15 AM
Sep 9, 2019 6:06 AM

Apr 2017
My favorite one is Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu.
Sep 9, 2019 6:06 AM

Sep 2016
"Best" is really subjective in general, and even if someone tells you "yeah but objectively", no. There is no real objectivity. A downside for one person will be an upside for another person.

Therefore in my humble and highly opinionated opinion I say that the best Anime movie I have ever watched up to this date is, undoubtedly, Koe no Katachi. And also the Kizumonogatari trilogy. What, I can have 2 first places :v

edit: forgot about Hotarubi no Mori e, that one was quite a ride
Sep 9, 2019 6:14 AM

Feb 2018
Mine is End of Evangelion, but I should watch more anime movies. Should watch more anime in general.
Sep 9, 2019 6:36 AM

Oct 2018
No game no life movie...

the sountrack, atmosphere and storyline is beyond greatness.
Sep 9, 2019 6:40 AM

Jul 2014
I never thought Kimi no Na wa. was the best one. I believe Kotonoha no Niwa for instance is miles better.
Sep 9, 2019 6:42 AM

Jul 2017
Imma just say Tamako Love Story, personally

but on a more epicness scale, nothing can be Stranger
Sep 9, 2019 6:44 AM

Feb 2019
Lol, just because it's on top of the list doesn't mean it's the best (kimi no na wa). It's all style and no substance. Tenki no ko is probably the same.
Sep 9, 2019 6:44 AM

Mar 2015
Kimi no Na Wa is my favorite. Not perfect, but it just resonated with me so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spirited Away & the Kizumonogatari trilogy are amazing as well.
Sep 9, 2019 6:48 AM

Jan 2017
Those are my best anime movies:
Redline - Action galore racing anime with top notch animation
Princess Mononoke - nice nature vs mankind story with a good setting
Tokyo Godfathers - Tokyos bizarre bum adventure
Sep 9, 2019 6:49 AM

Mar 2012
Jin-Roh by far.
Love the film LWA too.
Sep 9, 2019 6:49 AM

Feb 2018
My top 5 movies would be Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel II, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, A Silent Voice, Wolf Children, and Liz and the Blue Bird.

Can’t really say anything about Tenki no Ko as I’m waiting for the bd release but I’ve heard it’s really good.

Do-do-donuts, let’s go nuts!
Sep 9, 2019 6:51 AM
May 2017
for the best graphic/animation ill choose "Kotonoha no niwa"

but "seitokai yakuindomo the movie" the one I enjoy the most
Sep 9, 2019 7:00 AM

Aug 2019
Your name was fucking magical to watch in 1080P. It's the best anime movie in my opinion
Sep 9, 2019 7:10 AM
Jul 2018
KingofAnimeLover said:
What's your opinion with Tenki No Ko movie anime? Will it be the best anime? Or you still think that Kimi No Nawa is the best one, or maybe Spirited Away? Or you have your own Best Anime Movie? What is that?..

It's Patlabor 2, without a shadow of doubt.

Satoshi Kon's and Isao Takahata's works would come after that, but absolutely nothing can rival Patlabor 2.
Sep 9, 2019 7:13 AM

Jul 2019
my top 3:Youjo Senki movie
No Game No Life movie
Kimi no Na wa
Sep 9, 2019 7:15 AM
Jun 2015
Perfect Blue. Nothing compares. It's dark creepy,but an easy 10/10, and seeing your own past life as a pop idol trying to kill you is terrifying. I'd strongly recommend.
Sep 9, 2019 7:21 AM

Jan 2018
My favorite film by leaps and bounds is Millennium Actress. One of the two 10s I've ever given. It's simply flawless in my eyes.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Sep 9, 2019 7:32 AM
Jul 2018
Kimi no na wa, Koe no Katachi, The Girl who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars, The Disappeaance of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Have yet to see Satoshi Kon's works. Plan to begin with Tokyo Godfathers.
Sep 9, 2019 7:34 AM

Mar 2015
KingofAnimeLover said:

Shinkai's works will never be the best in my eyes. They lacks of the impact needed for such praises. To me, the best movie I would think of is a tie between tokyo godfather and nausiica. If it must tie to a series then I would choose heavens feel part 2
The world is not beautiful. Therefore, it is.
Sep 9, 2019 7:40 AM

Dec 2018
johnbradshaw said:

Shinkai's works will never be the best in my eyes. They lacks of the impact needed for such praises. To me, the best movie I would think of is a tie between tokyo godfather and nausiica. If it must tie to a series then I would choose heavens feel part 2

Why?Is it has good plot and graphic? then, why do you prefer both of those anime? please, explain me..
Sep 9, 2019 7:54 AM

Jan 2016
just here to suggest Gintama Movie 2 - Yorozuya yo Eien Nare, its pretty solid if you've watched gintama, as far as i remember.
i'll love u lazily, but, i'll love u~
Sep 9, 2019 8:02 AM

Mar 2015
KingofAnimeLover said:
johnbradshaw said:

Why?Is it has good plot and graphic? then, why do you prefer both of those anime? please, explain me..

It's story is far better imo. Have you even watched these two? I don't like Shinkai's characters, Theyre too one dimensional and his story is predictable. But dont get me wrong, i think your name is a good movie, not that good to me though. Nausicaa is actually among the most beautiful thing ive seem in media overall
The world is not beautiful. Therefore, it is.
Sep 9, 2019 8:05 AM

Dec 2018

It's story is far better imo. Have you even watched these two? I don't like Shinkai's characters, Theyre too one dimensional and his story is predictable. But dont get me wrong, i think your name is a good movie, not that good to me though. Nausicaa is actually among the most beautiful thing ive seem in media overall

Ok, thanks for your reason and dont worry, you aren't wrong, just a discussion..
Maybe I have to watch yours
Sep 9, 2019 8:12 AM
Aug 2017
The best anime movie according to me is koi no katachi (a silent voice).
Sep 9, 2019 8:13 AM

Dec 2015
To find something as good as Koukaku Kidoutai and The End of Evangelion will be hard.

Only watched 230 anime "movies" so I have alot left to watch. But don't think it exist anything out there that coud beat Koukaku Kidouta.

It's a pretty old anime movie and still beat new released anime content in quality, story, world building and development.

Sep 9, 2019 8:19 AM

Dec 2018
w
Nillwas said:
To find something as good as Koukaku Kidoutai and The End of Evangelion will be hard.

Only watched 230 anime "movies" so I have alot left to watch. But don't think it exist anything out there that coud beat Koukaku Kidouta.

It's a pretty old anime movie and still beat new released anime content in quality, story, world building and development.

So, you have watched 230 movie animes? What is that all?
And what genre of koukaku is?
Sep 9, 2019 8:21 AM

Dec 2018
Monarch9 said:
The best anime movie according to me is koi no katachi (a silent voice).

Yeah, I also like that..
even this is lact of speech each other, actually they (main characters) talk with another way to understand their feeling...
Sep 9, 2019 8:30 AM

Aug 2018
I haven't seen Kimi no Na Wa and I have to say I am not interested at all. Back in 2018 I watched Koe no Katachi and was a great disappointment regarding how great people said it was.

As for me, my favourite anime movie is Princess Mononoke. Is like perfect for me, I love that movie, followed by The End of Evangelion and Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki. From there, I liked The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi, Perfect Blue, Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bebop: Knocking on Heaven's Door.

"Best" is just a subjective matter.
Sep 9, 2019 8:32 AM

Jul 2019
Hotarubi no Mori e best movie dont @ me

Sep 9, 2019 8:40 AM
Mar 2019
Really enjoyed SAO Ordinance Scale, saw it dozens of times. First 3 Pokemon films as well, i forget the name but its from KyoAni about a bully and a girl that cant hear, was a great film.
Sep 9, 2019 8:41 AM

Dec 2018
KirbyWurby said:
Really enjoyed SAO Ordinance Scale, saw it dozens of times. First 3 Pokemon films as well, i forget the name but its from KyoAni about a bully and a girl that cant hear, was a great film.

Do you know when the third season will be aired?
I am also waiting for it
Sep 9, 2019 8:46 AM
Mar 2019
KingofAnimeLover said:
KirbyWurby said:

Do you know when the third season will be aired?
I am also waiting for it
what season? If it's SAO should be October...
Sep 9, 2019 8:50 AM

Jun 2019
If someone were to ask me what the best more objectively speaking is, I'd say either Ghost in the Shell or Mononoke Hime (some of the most well made covering some of the most impressive and sweeping subject matter).

My personal favorite though is Spirited Away.
WatchTillTandavaSep 9, 2019 9:20 AM
Sep 9, 2019 9:02 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah for me it definitely is the best anime out there
Sep 9, 2019 9:10 AM

May 2014
Kuro_Neko04 said:

Same here. Also one of the few anime i've given a 10/10.
Sep 9, 2019 9:19 AM

Apr 2017
fancyjasper said:
Kuro_Neko04 said:

Same here. Also one of the few anime i've given a 10/10.

Oh boi I still remember when Kyon started talking to himself saying "Now, you. Yes you." It gave me goosebumps.
Sep 9, 2019 9:28 AM

Dec 2015
KingofAnimeLover said:
w
Nillwas said:

So, you have watched 230 movie animes? What is that all?
And what genre of koukaku is?

Koukaku Kidoutai is a cyperpunk show.
Sci-Fi/Action woud be the best way to explain the genre.

It's a good old movie, with awesome characters and a amazing world to explore.

Sep 9, 2019 9:37 AM

Aug 2017
maquia
Sep 9, 2019 10:24 AM

Oct 2008
The Empire of Corpses is the best movie, in my opinion, Aura a close second.
Sep 9, 2019 2:33 PM

Dec 2016
There will be nothing greater than Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion.

Followed closely by Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi .
Sep 9, 2019 3:25 PM

Dec 2012
These probably top my list:

Castle in the Sky
Cowboy Bebop: TheMovie
From Up on Poppy Hill
The Garden of Sinners Movies 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society
Library War: Wings of Revolution
Lupin the 3rd: The Castle of Cagliostro
Lupin the 3rd: The Mystery of Mamo
Lupin the 3rd: The Secret of Twilight Gemini
Macross: Do You Remember Love?
Napping Princess
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Paprika
Perfect Blue
Planetarian: The Movie
Princess Mononoke
Redline
A Silent Voice
Steins; Gate: Loading Area of Deja vu
Summer Wars
Sword of the Stranger
Time of Eve: The Movie
Transformers: The Movie (1987)
Whisper of the Heart
Your Name
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Sep 9, 2019 4:05 PM
Jul 2018
The Last Unicorn is beautiful (Topcraft animation)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in?

Spunkert - 3 hours ago

9 by MichaelJackson »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - 6 hours ago

32 by Ochimusha »»
2 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 10 hours ago

31 by perseii »»
3 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

33 by BlueBullet178 »»
5 minutes ago

» You truly don't care about anime MAL score/rank? Ooh cool, but... ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 21

92 by Ochimusha »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.