Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

Oct 11, 9:54 AM
Slow pace maybe. And the fact that there are no waifus for the average anime fan. Not to mention the setting is from the Viking era. One of my friend refused to watch it because he doesn't like history, especially Viking history. I tried telling him it's not at all about history. The setting is nothing but a perfect frame for a perfect picture painted. He's going to give it a shot. But maybe that's true for most casual anime fans. They think it's just history and invasions. And ig the trailers weren't as badass as they could have been. Thanks to Gigguk and some other popular youtubers, it's getting as much popularity as it is. But seriously, I think it would have been great if they had marketed Vinland better than they did. It deserves that much.

Oct 11, 10:13 AM
CorkMars said:
Not reaching Attack on Titan levels of popularity?? Are you ok? Is everything alright?

The answer is obvious! Vinland Saga is simply not good. Attack on Titan is good and can appeal to a far wider audience. AoT has more realistic characters despite a fantasy setting, far better cg, better music, and an interesting plot full of mystery. When I watch AoT its because I have lots of things I'm curious about and want to fund out!! Vinland on the other hand has no stakes, no questions, and nothing remotely interesting about it to speak of!! The only conflict established in 9 episodes is that OP kid wants to kill goatee guy but won't do it in his sleep because he wants to honor his father (let it be noted that truly honoring his father would mean giving up on the cycle of violence and forgoing this sort of revenge plot.) The animation sucks, the plot sucks, and the characters suck. I was excited for Vinland ever since it was announced! I thought it was a show with seemingly endless potential. Now I tell my friends not to bother watching it unless they're still operating on a Dragon Ball/ Bleach/ Prince of Stride level of horribly childish anime taste.

Please don't ask silly questions like this. If you actually think Vinland deserves to be one of the most popular anime of all time alongside AoT... Well there's really nothing I can do for you except laugh.
Lol. Ofc. Nothing beats a kiddo screaming for three seasons that he wants to kill Titans. Most characters in Vinland are well drawn. We have Askeladd who just wants peace for his people and the world. Even though he's a man who wouldn't mind any dirty business, he's the perfect portrayal of how the Danes were portrayed in the 19th century. Noble Savages. Uncorrupted, accepting humanity at its raw form, accepting what needs to be done no matter how painful. We have Thorfinn who believes in honour, a huge part of Viking's life. Although his vision is obscured by vengeance, he still holds that ideal upright in his heart. We have prince Canute, a timid wise lion. You'll get to see more of his character development in the later episodes. you'll get to see why he became the greatest Anglo-Saxon King of all times.
It pains me that you think curiosity is everything when it comes to anime. You have a taste, and it's a common taste. But Vinland isn't built to make you question. It's a world slowly unfolding before your eyes, focusing on wavering ideologies, thirst for power, revenge, honour, Valhalla, and most importantly, the fight. The fight between empires, between idelogies, for freedom, for revenge, for saving your people, for plain old survival.
Vinland Saga did justice to history. And it's clear as day that the studios and the creators poured their heart into it. The music is dope af. The animation looks pretty raw but sits well with the plot.
You don't have to be so harsh towards an anime well done just because you have a mainstream mindset.

Oct 11, 2:10 PM

Vortex7 said:
CorkMars said:
Not reaching Attack on Titan levels of popularity?? Are you ok? Is everything alright?

The answer is obvious! Vinland Saga is simply not good. Attack on Titan is good and can appeal to a far wider audience. AoT has more realistic characters despite a fantasy setting, far better cg, better music, and an interesting plot full of mystery. When I watch AoT its because I have lots of things I'm curious about and want to fund out!! Vinland on the other hand has no stakes, no questions, and nothing remotely interesting about it to speak of!! The only conflict established in 9 episodes is that OP kid wants to kill goatee guy but won't do it in his sleep because he wants to honor his father (let it be noted that truly honoring his father would mean giving up on the cycle of violence and forgoing this sort of revenge plot.) The animation sucks, the plot sucks, and the characters suck. I was excited for Vinland ever since it was announced! I thought it was a show with seemingly endless potential. Now I tell my friends not to bother watching it unless they're still operating on a Dragon Ball/ Bleach/ Prince of Stride level of horribly childish anime taste.

Please don't ask silly questions like this. If you actually think Vinland deserves to be one of the most popular anime of all time alongside AoT... Well there's really nothing I can do for you except laugh.
Lol. Ofc. Nothing beats a kiddo screaming for three seasons that he wants to kill Titans. Most characters in Vinland are well drawn. We have Askeladd who just wants peace for his people and the world. Even though he's a man who wouldn't mind any dirty business, he's the perfect portrayal of how the Danes were portrayed in the 19th century. Noble Savages. Uncorrupted, accepting humanity at its raw form, accepting what needs to be done no matter how painful. We have Thorfinn who believes in honour, a huge part of Viking's life. Although his vision is obscured by vengeance, he still holds that ideal upright in his heart. We have prince Canute, a timid wise lion. You'll get to see more of his character development in the later episodes. you'll get to see why he became the greatest Anglo-Saxon King of all times.
It pains me that you think curiosity is everything when it comes to anime. You have a taste, and it's a common taste. But Vinland isn't built to make you question. It's a world slowly unfolding before your eyes, focusing on wavering ideologies, thirst for power, revenge, honour, Valhalla, and most importantly, the fight. The fight between empires, between idelogies, for freedom, for revenge, for saving your people, for plain old survival.
Vinland Saga did justice to history. And it's clear as day that the studios and the creators poured their heart into it. The music is dope af. The animation looks pretty raw but sits well with the plot.
You don't have to be so harsh towards an anime well done just because you have a mainstream mindset.

Lol you've seen far less anime than me, you're favorite is Erased and you like Vinland Saga. I'm mainstream? Hm, okay. Also if you didn't;'t notice this series doesn't take place in the 19th century. It's okay if you just enjoy stupid fights and heavy breathing from an overpowered child MC. That may be very generic and childlike but you're allowed to like it's not the worst thing in the world. Just stop defending Vinland like it's high art and accept that it's generic shonen, and you like generic shonen. Vinland isn't doing anything that another anime hasn't done before and you'll see that when you watch a little more buddy.

Oct 11, 2:11 PM

Vortex7 said:
CorkMars said:

Also I just noticed that you gave Akame ga kill! a 10. I rest my case.

Oct 11, 5:34 PM

CorkMars said:
Vortex7 said:

Idiotic reply. Even if he gave SAO a 10 you still lose in this argument.

Oct 11, 5:41 PM

Oh yeah, this thread still exists. Time to grab some popcorn.

Oct 11, 6:15 PM

LalatinaDarkness said:
CorkMars said:

Okay Mr. Lalatina Darkness. I will trust in you and your ultimate wisdom as the final authority over this opinion we disagree on. Thanks buddy

Oct 11, 6:46 PM
Vortex7 said:
Lol. Ofc. Nothing beats a kiddo screaming for three seasons that he wants to kill Titans. Most characters in Vinland are well drawn.

Don't get me wrong, I think Vinland Saga is really good, but as of yet, it's offered nothing that Attack on Titan hasn't already, aside from some intricate exploration of Askeladd's character in the last couple of episodes.

The MC's motivations in both are fairly simple (at their respective points in the anime) and Vinland's story hasn't got me immersed yet. So it's easy to appreciate why it isn't catching on like AoT did, especially if you're an anime-only.

Having read the manga, I know what happens in Vinland and Thorfinn develops into one of the best protagonists I've seen in Manga/Anime, but there is a particular point in his story that you will either love or hate. Certainly not one for those that love balls-to-the-wall action.

Oct 11, 6:49 PM

Attack on titan is a shonen and this is not.
Shonen anime are more popular

Oct 11, 7:09 PM

xenosys said:
Vortex7 said:
Lol. Ofc. Nothing beats a kiddo screaming for three seasons that he wants to kill Titans. Most characters in Vinland are well drawn.

Don't get me wrong, I think Vinland Saga is really good, but as of yet, it's offered nothing that Attack on Titan hasn't already, aside from some intricate exploration of Askeladd's character in the last couple of episodes.

The MC's motivations in both are fairly simple (at their respective points in the anime) and Vinland's story hasn't got me immersed yet. So it's easy to appreciate why it isn't catching on like AoT did, especially if you're an anime-only.

Having read the manga, I know what happens in Vinland and Thorfinn develops into one of the best protagonists I've seen in Manga/Anime, but there is a particular point in his story that you will either love or hate. Certainly not one for those that love balls-to-the-wall action.

The difference is that Thorfinn isn't the only MC in this season at least. Having watched all episodes available (anime-only here), he'll be sidelined from this point until the last ep. One of the common criticisms from people because they're too fixated with his revenge story.

CorkMars said:
LalatinaDarkness said:

Okay Mr. Lalatina Darkness. I will trust in you and your ultimate wisdom as the final authority over this opinion we disagree on. Thanks buddy

Yeah you should because I gave Akame ga Kill a 3/10 and my opinion on forums doesn't matter if I gave it more than 5

Oct 11, 7:18 PM

Old_School_Akira said:
Attack on titan is a shonen and this is not.
Shonen anime are more popular

Tokyo ghoul is a seinen but yet it was really popular like other shounen series, it really doesn't matter.

Oct 11, 7:18 PM
najumobi said:
DupeusT31 said:
What character development? We're already in the second half of the show and all we got to see was a bit more about Askeladd (not that I'd call it development), as Thorfinn is still obsessed with killing him, refusing to learn from his dad and his revenge plot has absolutely nothing to do with what's going on currently in the show, making it even harder to be invested.

I disagree with your opinion about character development.

In E13 Canute is starting to get character development after we began following him in E10. Thorfinn isn't in the spotlight, but he's the reason Canute was pushed to the point where he was motivated to come out of his shell a little to defend himself. And Canute's development is significant because it's necessary for Askeladd's plans, arguable Vinland's most intriguing aspect currently. The story could progress faster, but it's steadily gaining steam, nonetheless.
When he starts acting like a leader I can call that development. I was just calling out the absurdity of that person's comment saying that VS had already more character development than aot s1 when in reality it had barely any yet.

Oct 11, 7:27 PM
Vortex7 said:
CorkMars said:

Vortex7 said:
CorkMars said:

Lol. You criticize the mainstream mindset but it's exactly what you have by misinterpreting Eren's character so bad. The last time Eren said he wanted kill all the titans was in season one. He matured much faster than Thorfinn actually.

Oct 12, 3:20 AM
Forum Moderator
Forum Janitor*

Thread locked

Thread devolved into baiting and ranting about completely unrelated shows. Clearly time for this mess to be closed.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

Preview MangaManga Store