Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 8, 2019 4:20 PM

Dec 2018
Show just fails at introducing anything interesting in terms of plot or anythings at all
Edit: damn the little witch fans getting triggered. Never did i say it was filler, just that it felt like filler (which is often assumed to be boring and skip-able). I just found it boring in terms of plot when i came into the show with expectations cuz its rated 8.06, jus a lil clarity. Now that i have read the comments i no longer feel that lil witch academia is a bad show, now i feel like its a n average show.
Mister-ManSep 9, 2019 6:41 PM
Sep 8, 2019 7:07 PM

Oct 2008
Trust the words of a person that tried to watch it, failed and still moved on.

The anime is an entertaining adventure, but it is filler in earnest.
Sep 8, 2019 8:22 PM

Feb 2010
Because you don't seem to know what filler means, I guess. Just because you don't enjoy something doesn't make it filler, saying that just makes you sound extremely ignorant.

Next thread, please.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 8, 2019 8:31 PM

Apr 2018
So we're just calling shows with an episodic structure "filler" now? M'kay.
Guess that means that acclaimed anime like Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Ghost in the Shell: SAC, Revolutionary Girl Utena and others are all actually shit, since they'd also be considered "just filler" by your standards.
Stygian_PrisonerSep 9, 2019 3:28 PM
Sep 8, 2019 8:36 PM
Jul 2018
Stygian_Prisoner said:
So we're just calling shows with an episodic structure "filler" now? M'kay.
Guess that means supposed masterpieces like Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Ghost in the Shell: SAC, Revolutionary Girl Utena and others are all actually shit, since they'd be considered "filler" by your standards.

Yeah. nail on the head.

This thread seems like the kind of post a certain kind of person would make that you'd normally only ever find on facebook's anime groups.

ya know.. like one of a million other losers who've been arguing the past 10 years which of the big 3 is the best
Sep 8, 2019 8:42 PM

Oct 2017
Hey, did you say "filler"? Time to bust out my favourite meme!

Disclaimer: It's a joke, chill. Haven't seen LWA, just think the word filler is dumb.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Sep 8, 2019 8:46 PM

Jul 2015
Little Witch Academia is amazing. I don't know what you're talking about. One of the best anime I've seen in a while.
Sep 9, 2019 5:06 AM

May 2018
It totally filled a hole in my soul.
Is that makes it a filler?
alshuSep 9, 2019 6:10 AM
Sep 9, 2019 5:11 AM

May 2016
While it's not 100% plot, it's more fun to watch than what i've seen in the last 2 years
Sep 9, 2019 5:14 AM

Oct 2010
It's a contradiction in terms that the main narrative focus in a story is filler. Perhaps the only filler there were your misguided expectations.
Sep 9, 2019 5:14 AM

Jun 2019
I didn't finish it but I saw enough of it (13 episodes so far) to know that you are objectively wrong. I would recommend googling for what "Filler" really means as you still don't know its meaning. I really need to finish it someday. I've always wanted to do it, but for one reason or another I've never got the time to do so.
Sep 9, 2019 5:43 AM

Jul 2013
Is this your first time watching an episodic anime?
Sep 9, 2019 5:47 AM
Jul 2018
If you watch ova and movie first, you will be slightly dissapointed with the TV series because it will look as having slower pace.
Very few episodes have such good quality, with Sucie's episode being arguably the best.
Sep 9, 2019 5:23 PM
Mar 2013
Watching LWA and complaining about lack of plot...I think you're missing the whole appeal of the show, while there's definitely a progressing plot and a conclusion that is not biggest appeal of LWA imo

If you don't enjoy the dynamic between the characters, the setting, the character development(main focus of the show), the comedy and flow of the show it might not be for you, it has a western feel to it and doesn't always act "anime" which is a plus point for it but it might not be what you're looking for

If you have watched Idk 6 episodes and still can't find anything good about the show I don't think think you'll appreciate it more when you reach the finale

Sep 9, 2019 5:28 PM

Dec 2008
I don't know about you but I really enjoyed Little Witch Academia.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Sep 9, 2019 5:32 PM

May 2016
Little Witch Academia only seems like a filler-heavy series because the filler episodes are better than the story-furthering episodes.

And by "filler episodes," I mean "hilarious character episodes," and by "better," I mean "10/10 instead of 8/10."

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Sep 9, 2019 9:22 PM

May 2009
AlphaOmegaKnight said:
While it's not 100% plot, it's more fun to watch than what i've seen in the last 2 years
I haven't watched LWA, but considering what I know of it as well as comments like yours, I think it should serve as a good reminder to people that plot is not the be all and end all of storytelling.

Also this thread reminds me to go watch it already lol.

Where should I start with LWA, again?
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Sep 9, 2019 9:38 PM

Apr 2018
GlennMagusHarvey said:

You could simply go by release order and watch the original 2013 pilot OVA, then the Enchanted Parade OVA, and finally the main TV series.

All 3 entries are fairly disconnected from each other though (the 1st episode of the TV series kinda "retcons" several things from the pilot), so the order doesn't really matter.
Sep 10, 2019 7:37 AM

May 2016
Stygian_Prisoner said:
GlennMagusHarvey said:

You could simply go by release order and watch the original 2013 pilot OVA, then the Enchanted Parade OVA, and finally the main TV series.

All 3 entries are fairly disconnected from each other though (the 1st episode of the TV series kinda "retcons" several things from the pilot), so the order doesn't really matter.

This is what I did. The OVAs are definitely worth watching, especially if you love the wacky animation that defines classic Gainax/Trigger anime. The TV series maintains a relatively high level of animation quality as well, and the characters are top-shelf throughout the entire franchise.

Definitely a fun series for a fun time.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Sep 10, 2019 8:12 AM

May 2018
Stygian_Prisoner said:
the 1st episode of the TV series kinda "retcons" several things from the pilot

There is one fan theory that those are in parallel universes.

Like in the OVAs Chariot du Nord never used the draining technique, plus no mark on the Moon surface. Thus the events came in a bit differently order and Diana being your typical ojou-sama with only few redeeming qualities.
But Ako still can't ride a broom properly...maybe only being dumb and ignorant.
Sep 10, 2019 8:48 AM

Nov 2014
As someone who actually loves episodic anime, I actually kinda agree with OP, at least if we're talking about the TV series and not the original OVAs (which are awesome, I won't hear anything about that). Trigger didn't seem to really have many new thematic ideas and the humor isn't zany enough to really captivate me. Don't get me wrong, the show had its moments and I had fun overall with it, but a majority of the time, I felt like we were wasting time just pandering to people who were captivated by the OVAs but don't fully appreciate the depth that they truly had.
Sep 10, 2019 8:49 AM

Oct 2018
Mostly cause a lot of it's moments are seen in other anime titles desu.~☆

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Sep 10, 2019 8:57 AM

Apr 2019
I mean I really enjoyed the show. Didn't really seem like a filler series to me, just another great episodic series.

Sep 10, 2019 10:08 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Thread moved from Anime Discussion.
Sep 10, 2019 11:31 AM

Nov 2016
YossaRedMage said:

Disclaimer: It's a joke, chill. Haven't seen LWA, just think the word filler is dumb.

LOL thanks for the laugh mate
Mar 18, 2020 9:03 PM

Oct 2017
JoyBoy_316 said:
YossaRedMage said:

LOL thanks for the laugh mate

This post gets even better looking at your forum pic of Maine.
Ascendance of a bookworm is entirely world-building and character development haha
Dec 26, 2020 7:10 PM

Oct 2018
Even tho I loved the whole series from start to end, I have to admit that, contrary to popular belief, I actually liked more the episodic first half of the show.

Same thing happened to me with Casshern Sins, where its first half is episodic and the second one follows the plot
Jan 12, 2021 10:01 AM
Apr 2020
Because it has an episodic structure, most likely due to the fact that it was made for children.
PavoOcellusFeb 7, 5:19 PM
Apr 16, 2021 6:26 AM
Sep 2020
I watched it at 3X speed....It was enjoyable..7/10...slow anime otherwise...nothing complex...but fine anyways
Apr 29, 2021 12:04 AM

May 2016
Sharry_Gami said:
I watched it at 3X speed....It was enjoyable..7/10...slow anime otherwise...nothing complex...but fine anyways
Please explain your reasoning for watching a show at 3x speed?
Apr 29, 2021 3:34 AM
Sep 2020
Reshiram_IX said:
Sharry_Gami said:
Please explain your reasoning for watching a show at 3x speed?

Umm...It was a very simple show with very simple story...there was nothing complex going on...very easy to watch...When something good happens i put thd speed back to 1x or 2x....believe me..if you have many animes under your belt...its not that difficult
May 14, 2021 5:33 PM

Mar 2016
Filler's a dumb word obviously, but the problem with the TV series is that each episode is driven by an animator's idea of what's cool, with no eye for coherency. It's not an issue of it being episodic, simply that a lot of the times it's setting (a magical school for witches) seems like an afterthought and is somehow explored better in the short movies. It also feels unplanned a lot of the time.
May 18, 2021 7:58 PM

Feb 2014
the first two-thirds I found good, but the last one drags for too long and those felt like filler to me, still I enjoyed the anime but it is undeniable that it could have been written better.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2017

152 by LFC123 »»
Mar 21, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

116 by Sr_Caneca »»
Mar 7, 3:57 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

159 by Sr_Caneca »»
Mar 7, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2017

310 by HoneyBees91 »»
Feb 28, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2017

186 by trueauracoral »»
Feb 18, 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.