Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 8, 2019 12:26 PM
Apr 2019
Guys what do u think is aot season 3 part 2 best anime of 2019 or not? personally jojo part 5 and aot season 3 part 2 are my aoty, 2nd is mob psycho and 3rd is vinland saga.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 8, 2019 12:41 PM

Aug 2019
At the moment, definitely.

My top 5 at the moment is :

AoT (S3 P2)
The Promised Neverland
Mob Psycho (S2)
Demon Slayer
Vinland Saga
Sep 8, 2019 2:22 PM
Feb 2017
Stop making these threads stop making these threads stop making these threads stop making these threads

2019 is not over yet.
Sep 8, 2019 2:53 PM
Oct 2017
I think that it's between this, demon slayer, the promised Neverland and maybe vinland saga.
Sep 9, 2019 9:35 AM
Dec 2017
Yes of course 😎
Sep 10, 2019 8:55 AM

Jan 2018
EASILY, but I don't include sequels for AOTY... if I did thougj, it'd go something like this:

1. Attack on Titan s3 p2
2. Vinland Saga
3. Mob psycho 100 II
4. Demon Slayer
5. Kaguya-sama: Love is War
Sep 10, 2019 2:58 PM

May 2016
AoT is nowhere near to Vinland Saga
-
Sep 10, 2019 3:19 PM

Apr 2018
Definitely no.
Mob 2nd Season is for me, AOTY 2019
Sep 10, 2019 9:45 PM

Aug 2019
Easily, I mean
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1797188&show=0

Vinland's anime adaptation is good so far, but it lacks something yet, maybe the ost.
cAbaddonSep 10, 2019 9:51 PM
Sep 12, 2019 8:04 AM
Jun 2015
cAbaddon said:
Easily, I mean
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1797188&show=0

Vinland's anime adaptation is good so far, but it lacks something yet, maybe the ost.
That's because the music's from Tokyo Ghoul.
Sep 12, 2019 9:12 AM

Dec 2015
It's pretty obvious it's gonna be the AOTY, but the other shows are giving a good fight for the other positions:

1 - Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 part 2 (10/10)
2 - Mob Psycho 100 II (9/10)
3 - Kaguya-sama (9/10)
4 - Vinland Saga (8/10 - 9/10)
5 - The Promissand Neverland (7/10 - 8/10)
Sep 14, 2019 8:49 AM
Jan 2019
No because Mob Psycho II is.
Sep 19, 2019 6:54 PM

Jan 2015
did you even need to ask this question? it obviously is, and not only 2019 but of all time
Sep 20, 2019 3:08 PM
Jul 2018
BestBoiEren said:
did you even need to ask this question? it obviously is, and not only 2019 but of all time
of all time will be season 4 ;)
Sep 20, 2019 3:20 PM

May 2018
are you retarded or retarded?
reformed
Sep 20, 2019 3:43 PM

Jan 2015
Oikos said:
BestBoiEren said:
of all time will be season 4 ;)

I meant aot as a whole but yeah
Sep 21, 2019 1:48 AM

Mar 2014
It would totally be AOTY....if not for Mob Psycho this year ;)
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Sep 21, 2019 3:03 AM

Oct 2018
It's definitely one of the best but for me it's not THE best. I really loved it, but still it's the 3rd or 4th best for me
Sep 27, 2019 6:44 PM
Sep 2019
definitely is Shingeki no kyojin season 3 part 2. for me, not only 2019 the best anime but also best anime all the time. the plot, mystery, fight scene, genre, ost, character all my favourite. Snk the most briliant anime that ever made.

2019 best SNK 3part2, Mob psyco 100 2, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Yakusoku no Neverland, Dororo,
Sep 29, 2019 7:05 AM
May 2019
It's definitely top 3 this year that's for sure
Sep 29, 2019 11:17 PM
Apr 2017
each year AOT is the best anime

as for 2019
1-AOT
2-The Promised Neverland
3-Demon Slayer
Oct 3, 2019 11:05 PM
Feb 2019
Objectively, don't think so. AOT is good, but there are 2 major flaws:

1. It's a sequel, and not like a season 2 or anything, It's the 3rd season, or 4 if you look at it different, so for most people, it's not even considered in the conversation.

2: Popularity. You can't tell me that Demon Slayer isn't way more popular than AOT S3 P2, and there are numerous others such as Promised neverland, Mob Psycho, Kaguya sama, and even Shield hero that rivals its popularity.

I know popularity shouldn't affect it, but it really does.

Subjectively, sorry but AOT is not going to get any sympathy from me. So far it would be Fruits Basket and Kaguya sama on top for me. Even disreguarding slice of life anime, I would still put The Promised Neverland and Demon Slayer above it.
Oct 7, 2019 10:37 PM

Oct 2013
light_of_amphy said:

1. It's a sequel, and not like a season 2 or anything, It's the 3rd season, or 4 if you look at it different, so for most people, it's not even considered in the conversation.

2: Popularity. You can't tell me that Demon Slayer isn't way more popular than AOT S3 P2, and there are numerous others such as Promised neverland, Mob Psycho, Kaguya sama, and even Shield hero that rivals its popularity.

Subjectively, sorry but AOT is not going to get any sympathy from me. So far it would be Fruits Basket and Kaguya sama on top for me. Even disreguarding slice of life anime, I would still put The Promised Neverland and Demon Slayer above it.

9.10 on mal, when an anime this year tops it, then they can talk, its the top rated anime on many sites and even have the best rated episode on idmb.

This is not my opinion, but facts.

and snk videos on youtube still get more views than any series this year.
Oct 8, 2019 6:23 AM
Apr 2019
light_of_amphy said:

u are judging aot by its popularity not by the quality of the show (pacing, characters, story, animation etc) and that's totally wrong and u call these two points as flaws? and demon slayer got popular because of episode 19 otherwise it wouldn't got popular in the first place.
Oct 8, 2019 10:14 AM
Feb 2019
Titanslayer18 said:
light_of_amphy said:

u are judging aot by its popularity not by the quality of the show (pacing, characters, story, animation etc) and that's totally wrong and u call these two points as flaws? and demon slayer got popular because of episode 19 otherwise it wouldn't got popular in the first place.

That’s because everyone has their own tastes for what they think is good, and it’s very hard to actually judge what anime is objectively better, especially when the margin is very close. For example, I personally think taht Fruits Basket And Kaguya Sama are the best of the year so far, but then someone else would say taht attack on Titan and Mob Psycho are the best of the year. That’s the reason why I would use popularity as an overall measure, although it is not a perfect one by a long stretch, since it’s impossible for everyone to come to a consensus. Unless of course the anime just blows everything else out of the water like what Made In Abyss did and had a pretty much universal consensus.
Oct 8, 2019 10:30 AM
Feb 2019
angelk99 said:
light_of_amphy said:

That’s because everyone has their own tastes for what they think is good, and it’s very hard to actually judge what anime is objectively better, especially when the margin is very close. For example, I personally think taht Fruits Basket And Kaguya Sama are the best of the year so far, but then someone else would say taht attack on Titan and Mob Psycho are the best of the year. That’s the reason why I would use popularity as an overall measure, although it is not a perfect one by a long stretch, since it’s impossible for everyone to come to a consensus. Unless of course the anime just blows everything else out of the water like what Made In Abyss did and had a pretty much universal consensus.

Demon Slayer more popular than AoT S3 P2? You can't measure popularity just by counting the total members in MyAnimeList. In the real world, AoT is far more popular. Most people that watch anime don't even use this kind of websites. You can check Imdb for example which is more accurate about shows real popularity.

I’m not just counting the total members on MAL, although it is part of it. These couple fo weeks, whenever I here anime mentioned, especially by people who barely watch any, almost all of them have been about Demon slayer. Even a couple of people who have never watched anime prior have started reading ahead in the manga. I have heard a couple of discussions here and there about AOT, but not as much as Demon Slayer. On YouTube, I think I’ve seen a pretty equal amount as of now, interested to see how it will change at the end of the year.
Oct 8, 2019 10:51 AM
Feb 2019
angelk99 said:
light_of_amphy said:

I’m not just counting the total members on MAL, although it is part of it. These couple fo weeks, whenever I here anime mentioned, especially by people who barely watch any, almost all of them have been about Demon slayer. Even a couple of people who have never watched anime prior have started reading ahead in the manga. I have heard a couple of discussions here and there about AOT, but not as much as Demon Slayer. On YouTube, I think I’ve seen a pretty equal amount as of now, interested to see how it will change at the end of the year.

Well, I have seen a lot of discussions about KnY too but not as much as AoT. Inside the anime community the popularity could be similar but outside the anime community there is a huge difference. For example most of people I know watch AoT and they have not watched any other anime aside Dragon Ball/Naruto.

Hm that’s pretty interesting, I guess our friends are just vastly different. We will see the results at the crunchyroll anime awards anyways, since both are shoe ins for nominations for the anime of the year award at this point lol. Fighting strong for Fruba!!!
Oct 8, 2019 11:03 AM

Oct 2013
light_of_amphy said:
angelk99 said:

Well, I have seen a lot of discussions about KnY too but not as much as AoT. Inside the anime community the popularity could be similar but outside the anime community there is a huge difference. For example most of people I know watch AoT and they have not watched any other anime aside Dragon Ball/Naruto.

Hm that’s pretty interesting, I guess our friends are just vastly different. We will see the results at the crunchyroll anime awards anyways, since both are shoe ins for nominations for the anime of the year award at this point lol. Fighting strong for Fruba!!!

When snk season 3 part 2 was airing along side kimetsu, snk overshadowed kimetsu, it wasn't until snk ended did people start talking about Kimetsu and also not u til episode 119 did it's popularity really exploded, also you have to keep in mind that Kimetsu just ended not too long ago so of course more people will be talking Kimetsu during August and September because episode was still coming out.

Now that Kimetsu has ended the focus will now be on the fall anime, like Sao and my hero for example will be the one getting more attention than the previous season anime that includes Kimetsu, that just how it works in every medium.

Go on any YouTube clip of snk season 3 scenes and some have over 10 million views, that none of the series this year has those type of views on YouTube.
Oct 8, 2019 3:55 PM
Feb 2019
angelk99 said:
light_of_amphy said:

Crunchyroll Awards suck anyways xD I would love to have a serious award ceremony like the Emmys but I don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon lol

yeah it's a real shame, but it's all we got right now. I'm just praying maybe it'll be better this year.
Oct 8, 2019 3:58 PM

Aug 2012
light_of_amphy said:
angelk99 said:

lol fuck the Crunchyroll awards, CR doesn’t give a shit about Attack on Titan. Last year when Season 3 ED got nominated they didn’t even showcase the ending while all the other endings got its spotlight. The year before that when Season 2 got nominated for like 2 categories CR barely promoted it on its social to get viewers to vote.
Oct 8, 2019 4:01 PM
Feb 2017
sim0n2170 said:
light_of_amphy said:

lol fuck the Crunchyroll awards, CR doesn’t give a shit about Attack on Titan. Last year when Season 3 ED got nominated they didn’t even showcase the ending while all the other endings got its spotlight. The year before that when Season 2 got nominated for like 2 categories CR barely promoted it on its social to get viewers to vote.

Tbf, CR Awards are getting better as the years go on (so far). Anyways, they aren't complete fools to not place it in AOTY (along with Mob II of course).
Oct 11, 2019 10:49 PM

May 2016
I wouldn’t be surprised if Demon Slayer wins AOTY. Love is War = AOTY
Oct 14, 2019 10:31 PM

Aug 2019
Comfortably. It's miles better than anything I've seen this year. Only Mob II comes anywhere near it.
Oct 19, 2019 2:47 PM

Oct 2015
The closer we get to the end of the year the harder it is for me to decide on this. Yes, Shingeki, along with Mob, were the only series I rated a 9 this year but so many series that aren't sequels deserve recognition for their own merits:

Vinland Saga
Demon Slayer
Sarazanmai
Heck, even Beastars is up there for me, and it's only 2 episodes in.
Oct 19, 2019 5:14 PM

Oct 2013
Nostalgik said:
The closer we get to the end of the year the harder it is for me to decide on this. Yes, Shingeki, along with Mob, were the only series I rated a 9 this year but so many series that aren't sequels deserve recognition for their own merits:

Vinland Saga
Demon Slayer
Sarazanmai

I think it is fair to have a sequel section separate from a new series section.
Nov 4, 2019 4:08 PM
Jun 2017
BlakexEkalb said:
Stop making these threads stop making these threads stop making these threads stop making these threads

2019 is not over yet.

Ok but what about this: "Best anime of 2020?" I'm already calling it. RE:Zero 2nd Season.

Nov 4, 2019 4:11 PM
Feb 2017
Swamanam said:
BlakexEkalb said:

2019 is not over yet.

Ok but what about this: "Best anime of 2020?" I'm already calling it. RE:Zero 2nd Season.

AoT Final Season is next year too, don’t forget.
Nov 5, 2019 3:59 AM

Sep 2019
BlakexEkalb said:
Swamanam said:

but it's releasing in fall so 12-14 episodes will be released in 2020 but there will be more episodes than 12-14 so snk final season will end in winter 2021.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Nov 5, 2019 4:00 AM

Sep 2019
keragamming said:
Nostalgik said:

Vinland Saga
Demon Slayer
Sarazanmai

I think it is fair to have a sequel section separate from a new series section.
Yep, a separate section and an overall section. Vinland saga's animation has gotten weaker from what I've heard so Vinland saga would have been 8.65 or 8.65+, if animation would have been consistently great.
PeetiNov 5, 2019 4:04 AM
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Nov 5, 2019 6:10 AM
Dec 2018
No doubt, i got so emotional during the whole 10 eps, it was well done and they got rid of the simplicity factor that was blocking them from reaching the top 10 list, probably it will lose a bit of the "non-otaku" interest for that. Probably. Not sure though!!
#kyoanistrong
Nov 5, 2019 1:28 PM
Feb 2017
Peeti said:
BlakexEkalb said:

but it's releasing in fall so 12-14 episodes will be released in 2020 but there will be more episodes than 12-14 so snk final season will end in winter 2021.

True, but it can still be regarded as a 2020 anime since that's when it started.
Nov 5, 2019 6:42 PM

Sep 2019
BlakexEkalb said:
Peeti said:

True, but it can still be regarded as a 2020 anime since that's when it started.
Yeah, it will be regarded as 2 year anime
Nov 6, 2019 11:31 AM
Aug 2018
Definitely not, S3 P2 has this point beacuse the reasons everyone talked about before.
1)Its S3 P2. Only the real fans watched this far.
2) Hype was really high. Anime made for this season. For example: 'the basement" episode was really bad, but everyone gave 10; reason: nothing but hype.
I mean this 9,08 is just a prize and result for previous seasons.
Kimetsu no Yaiba, Boku no Hero Academia S3, The Promised Neverland, Mob Psycho II, Vinland Saga. Lol, it isn't even in my top 5.
Nov 6, 2019 12:02 PM

Jun 2019
SerhaTR0483-2 said:
Definitely not, S3 P2 has this point beacuse the reasons everyone talked about before.
2) Hype was really high. Anime made for this season. For example: 'the basement" episode was really bad, but everyone gave 10; reason: nothing but hype.
Kimetsu no Yaiba, Boku no Hero Academia S3, The Promised Neverland, Mob Psycho II, Vinland Saga. Lol, it isn't even in my top 5.

You say it's just the hype? But giving KnY 10/10... KnY is imo the most overrated Anime of the year. You are right that the basement episode is just good because of the previous seasons, but how u want to put such a huge twist in a series without many explanaition. U need to building up the story to make this kind of Plot twist. What's so great about KnY? What's the diffrence between this Shounen and other Shounen? What's make the Story special? What's making KnY to a masterpiece? Besides the Animations. Don't misunderstand me, KnY was nice and pretty much fun... but imo it's way too overrated. The Story is interresting but in this season u get much less information input compared to other first seasons. the animations and the OST are great but the Characters are
underdeveloped. The only characters who get a kind of character development are Tanjiro and a bit Shinobu. Zenitsu and Inoske are just annoying af...

But at the end I just want to emphasize that is just my personal opinion about KnY and ur comment that AoT S3 P2 is just hype...
Nov 6, 2019 12:32 PM
Jan 2019
SerhaTR0483-2 said:

"Nothing but hype" KnY might just be the most overhyped anime on this entire site, this post is hilarious, you just completely undermined your whole point lmao.
Nov 6, 2019 12:49 PM

Aug 2019
SerhaTR0483-2 said:

'The Basement' was one of the lowest rated episodes on this site. 'Only' 78% of people rated it as a 5/5 episode, compared to the rest of the series, which averaged out at around 88-90%. If you're comparing like for like, no other anime in your list comes close to touching that, not even Demon Slayer.

Demon Slayer would be the perfect example of unadulterated hype. Just look at the scores for just about every episode in this site prior to the Spider Demons arc.

The hype was real because it was deserved. Virtually every fan-site, poll, blog, review of the series would back that up.

My Hero Academia S3 was also last year, so it's irrelevant to a subject covering the best anime of 2019.

xenosysNov 6, 2019 12:52 PM
Nov 6, 2019 6:02 PM

Aug 2012
SerhaTR0483-2 said:
Nothing but hype but you include KNY. Lol whole post is invalid.
Nov 6, 2019 6:09 PM

Nov 2008
Nostalgik said:

Sarazanmai

That stupid kappa show that was obsessed with sticking things/ ejecting things from little boys' butts? o___O

That gets my "Worst" vote lol.

Nov 11, 2019 9:28 PM
Nov 2019
Boku no Hero Season 4
Buy Bitcoins and others cryptos(like Monero), the great crisis is coming!
Also don't forget, taxation is theft!
Dec 1, 2019 5:47 PM

Sep 2017
Year is almost over now

SNK has really high chances to be the AOTY 2019
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

801 by mapachefffff »»
Apr 4, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.