Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 123 Discussion

Sep 12, 11:24 PM

SomethinClever said:
hey, haven't watched since episode like 100, are we past the filler? or are we at the point where the manga and animes are diffrent stories all together? thanks
Judging by other posts here, I guess it's still currently on filler fest. I haven't followed up again since Chūnin Exam Arc though.
liamhabib said:
The comparisons between Naruto and Boruto are actually pretty wrong. I believe that Kishimoto distinguished the two characters, but Studio Pierrot is trying their hardest to reshape him as Naruto v2 lmao. A quick example would be this:

In the setting of Naruto, Boruto's decision would have gotten Shinki killed, and Shukaku stolen, mainly because it shouldn't be physically possible for Boruto to catch up in time to help Shinki

In Naruto, during the Sasuke retrieval arc, each member of the squad except Naruto ended up 'sacrificing' themselves, or fighting alone and being on the edge of death. If it was boruto in that situation, he wouldn't've let Choji fight an enemy that had an overwhelming advantage over him, and Sasuke would have gotten away without them even being able to catch up.

edit: Also the iron sand theoretically should have been able to stop the puppet. When it was introduced, its greatest property was that it would break down anything it corroded or got into, like a puppet lmao.
I think this series tends to fall under the genre slice of life instead of action; it really lacks suspense that the characters are free from any sense of danger.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, are also exceptionally skilled at killing. {×.×}

Sep 13, 8:11 AM

SomethinClever said:
hey, haven't watched since episode like 100, are we past the filler? or are we at the point where the manga and animes are diffrent stories all together? thanks

At the moment, we're in the middle of an anime canon arc. So sorta, but not really lol

We are humans, not fish.
We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha

Sep 13, 8:12 AM

electromagneto said:
SomethinClever said:
Judging by other posts here, I guess it's still currently on filler fest. I haven't followed up again since Chūnin Exam Arc though.
liamhabib said:
The comparisons between Naruto and Boruto are actually pretty wrong. I believe that Kishimoto distinguished the two characters, but Studio Pierrot is trying their hardest to reshape him as Naruto v2 lmao. A quick example would be this:

In the setting of Naruto, Boruto's decision would have gotten Shinki killed, and Shukaku stolen, mainly because it shouldn't be physically possible for Boruto to catch up in time to help Shinki

In Naruto, during the Sasuke retrieval arc, each member of the squad except Naruto ended up 'sacrificing' themselves, or fighting alone and being on the edge of death. If it was boruto in that situation, he wouldn't've let Choji fight an enemy that had an overwhelming advantage over him, and Sasuke would have gotten away without them even being able to catch up.

edit: Also the iron sand theoretically should have been able to stop the puppet. When it was introduced, its greatest property was that it would break down anything it corroded or got into, like a puppet lmao.
I think this series tends to fall under the genre slice of life instead of action; it really lacks suspense that the characters are free from any sense of danger.

Yeah, I agree. Perhaps this has something to do with the time the anime is aired in Japan, or the day of the week. Probs to make it more appealing to kids

We are humans, not fish.
We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha

Sep 24, 8:00 AM

Atrocious pace and episode, this arc needs Sasuke back

Sep 24, 5:54 PM

I can't believe the animators are making Boruto this stupid. Usually I have a high tolerance for stupid shit and don't complain, but there should be a border. Come on, Pierrot, you have totally misunderstood Obito's quote. One shouldn't leave his friends behind which have been captured and has a high chance of dying, not a two mans team which could find a way to beat that puppet. They portrait Boruto as a person which lack the ability to trust his companions. Not only that but he should have considered the whole situation and take the best solution which would be go with Shinki and not risk his life. After being with him for a time now he should have known he is as stubborn as Boruto.

The one who amazes me more is that Temari didn't gave any strict order for Boruto to go with Shinki. This is not the strategy shinobi's used in Naruto, so it's strange they have changed their strategy of battle totally. This indeed feels more and more like a kid anime. The animators are doing a horrible job.

At least we saw Temari in action which gives us a feel of nostalgia. She is a real babe. That was the only fun. I don't know if it's only me, but hasn't her boob size decreased? They looked bigger in the end of Naruto, at the wedding.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Preview MangaManga Store