Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 123 Discussion

Sep 8, 1:53 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Some classic Shadow Clone jutsu this episode. We got Boruto and Shikadai teaming up as always.

Also got to see Temari and her wind fan in action. What a team. Hell, seeing Boruto hit that Rasengan would make Naruto proud.
Modified by Stark700, Sep 8, 7:44 AM

Sep 8, 2:27 AM

Some combination attacks of Temari, Shikadai and Boruto, that puppet was pretty strong

Curious to see who comes to Boruto and Shinki's rescue as they have to face urashiki
Konichiwa fellow weebs
Noot Noot, mah brothas
Hee zeg makker

Sep 8, 3:56 AM

At least they defeated that puppet.

Sep 8, 4:37 AM
Reapermask said:
Some combination attacks of Temari, Shikadai and Boruto, that puppet was pretty strong

Curious to see who comes to Boruto and Shinki's rescue as they have to face urashiki

Hopefully Naruto , I mean this is ridiculous. He gets no screentime smh

Sep 8, 6:13 AM

DragonIncursio said:
Reapermask said:

Hopefully Naruto , I mean this is ridiculous. He gets no screentime smh

Don't think so, but for a series about his son he does indeed get little screentime, probably because he is so overpowered and has more "important" duties to handle
Konichiwa fellow weebs
Noot Noot, mah brothas
Hee zeg makker

Sep 8, 9:12 AM
Reapermask said:

for a series about his son he does indeed get little screentime

In most of the shounen anime the dad is either dead or almost totally absent in the whole story. I think that boruto has the most screentime for a father in all shounen anime xD
I'd like to see more of naruto though x)

Sep 8, 1:20 PM
Too much plot armor. How can these guys dodge kunais but not a fish hook???

Sep 8, 1:43 PM

i kinda forgot, but what happens when the fishing rod takes their chakra? do they just get tired or does it sometimes kill people?
Some favorite new girls from the Summer season <3 __________ delivery link

Sep 8, 7:26 PM

winddevil1 said:
i kinda forgot, but what happens when the fishing rod takes their chakra? do they just get tired or does it sometimes kill people?

Thus far, everyone hit by it has survived, though I imagine it could kill someone if Urashiki really wanted it to.

Sep 8, 9:40 PM

Boruto is using the same principle as his father, how unoriginal! He is like a reincarnation of Naruto except he doesn't spout that hokage nonsense, the writers should've done better in modifying him.

But I like Shinki though, interesting fellow in every way.
¡Ay, caramba! --- Bart Simpson

Sep 9, 12:53 AM

"I will pursue 2 goals that are often contradictory or mutually exclusive but because I am a shounen MC; somehow I will accomplish both"

Sep 9, 5:14 AM

I don't get the running on this arc, with how easy everyone catches up on Shinki it makes you think they're walking or something, also from what we saw before it took a train ride and a fair amount of running in the desert to get from Konoha to where Sasuke was, now they want us to belive they'll get there faster without fainting from overheat or dehydration, something that Boruto suffered when going to the meeting place over a shorter distance.

I think the biggest problem of this "thing" is the lack of cohesion, fresh genins being as strong as war heroes, said war heroes using weak ass techniques when dealing with dangerous foes and the show breaking it's own rules ALL THE TIME.

Sep 9, 7:18 AM

So the puppet supposed to be strong? Pierrot didn't make it looked liked that tho, and how the 3 of them struggle against it, make my eyes pain even more.

magicaldeck said:
Too much plot armor. How can these guys dodge kunais but not a fish hook???

Cause Temari didn't expect it, the plot armor part would be how Urashiki keep sparing their lives, I'm starting to think he's the good guy, lol.
If 1 = 2, then everything is good.

Sep 9, 4:25 PM

At first, I was glad that Temari wasn't just uselessly standing there and showing the brats how it's down, but even a war hero should forfeit some screen time for these amateurs.

Sep 9, 4:38 PM
I'm sorry this was pure trash, shiki or whatever he's name is can't he fly using his ability he used it during his battle against chocho and now they show him hesitating about getting over a cliff um ok and termai they had to nerf her so that the lil shits could get the glory and spot light and they even went as far as to making shikadi use her fan and jutsu with no effort at all I'm surprised the rating isn't lower than 6, they should hurry up and end the fillers and animate the manga already

Sep 10, 2:19 AM

The comparisons between Naruto and Boruto are actually pretty wrong. I believe that Kishimoto distinguished the two characters, but Studio Pierrot is trying their hardest to reshape him as Naruto v2 lmao. A quick example would be this:

In the setting of Naruto, Boruto's decision would have gotten Shinki killed, and Shukaku stolen, mainly because it shouldn't be physically possible for Boruto to catch up in time to help Shinki

In Naruto, during the Sasuke retrieval arc, each member of the squad except Naruto ended up 'sacrificing' themselves, or fighting alone and being on the edge of death. If it was boruto in that situation, he wouldn't've let Choji fight an enemy that had an overwhelming advantage over him, and Sasuke would have gotten away without them even being able to catch up.

edit: Also the iron sand theoretically should have been able to stop the puppet. When it was introduced, its greatest property was that it would break down anything it corroded or got into, like a puppet lmao.

We are humans, not fish.
We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha

Sep 10, 2:37 AM

The fishing rod is a really op weapon, none of them can sense/dodge it. Now let's see whats next.
Gray, Rave, Crave, Deprave.
Grave me,
Grave for you.

Sep 11, 1:19 PM

Shinki yet again hit a new level of uselessness. Also how slow is he running if Boruto can catch up to him so easily all the time?

Sep 12, 4:49 PM
hey, haven't watched since episode like 100, are we past the filler? or are we at the point where the manga and animes are diffrent stories all together? thanks

Sep 12, 4:58 PM
The only reason I'm watching this so called garbage slice of life anime is Naruto but he barely showed up in any scene, I know baruto is Mc and shit but still!

Sep 12, 11:24 PM

SomethinClever said:
hey, haven't watched since episode like 100, are we past the filler? or are we at the point where the manga and animes are diffrent stories all together? thanks
Judging by other posts here, I guess it's still currently on filler fest. I haven't followed up again since Chūnin Exam Arc though.
liamhabib said:
The comparisons between Naruto and Boruto are actually pretty wrong. I believe that Kishimoto distinguished the two characters, but Studio Pierrot is trying their hardest to reshape him as Naruto v2 lmao. A quick example would be this:

In the setting of Naruto, Boruto's decision would have gotten Shinki killed, and Shukaku stolen, mainly because it shouldn't be physically possible for Boruto to catch up in time to help Shinki

In Naruto, during the Sasuke retrieval arc, each member of the squad except Naruto ended up 'sacrificing' themselves, or fighting alone and being on the edge of death. If it was boruto in that situation, he wouldn't've let Choji fight an enemy that had an overwhelming advantage over him, and Sasuke would have gotten away without them even being able to catch up.

edit: Also the iron sand theoretically should have been able to stop the puppet. When it was introduced, its greatest property was that it would break down anything it corroded or got into, like a puppet lmao.
I think this series tends to fall under the genre slice of life instead of action; it really lacks suspense that the characters are free from any sense of danger.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, are also exceptionally skilled at killing. {×.×}

Sep 13, 8:11 AM

SomethinClever said:

At the moment, we're in the middle of an anime canon arc. So sorta, but not really lol

We are humans, not fish.
We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.

Itachi Uchiha

Sep 13, 8:12 AM

electromagneto said:
SomethinClever said:
Judging by other posts here, I guess it's still currently on filler fest. I haven't followed up again since Chūnin Exam Arc though.
liamhabib said:

I think this series tends to fall under the genre slice of life instead of action; it really lacks suspense that the characters are free from any sense of danger.

Yeah, I agree. Perhaps this has something to do with the time the anime is aired in Japan, or the day of the week. Probs to make it more appealing to kids

We are humans, not fish.

Itachi Uchiha

Sep 24, 8:00 AM

Atrocious pace and episode, this arc needs Sasuke back

Sep 24, 5:54 PM

I can't believe the animators are making Boruto this stupid. Usually I have a high tolerance for stupid shit and don't complain, but there should be a border. Come on, Pierrot, you have totally misunderstood Obito's quote. One shouldn't leave his friends behind which have been captured and has a high chance of dying, not a two mans team which could find a way to beat that puppet. They portrait Boruto as a person which lack the ability to trust his companions. Not only that but he should have considered the whole situation and take the best solution which would be go with Shinki and not risk his life. After being with him for a time now he should have known he is as stubborn as Boruto.

The one who amazes me more is that Temari didn't gave any strict order for Boruto to go with Shinki. This is not the strategy shinobi's used in Naruto, so it's strange they have changed their strategy of battle totally. This indeed feels more and more like a kid anime. The animators are doing a horrible job.

At least we saw Temari in action which gives us a feel of nostalgia. She is a real babe. That was the only fun. I don't know if it's only me, but hasn't her boob size decreased? They looked bigger in the end of Naruto, at the wedding.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Preview MangaManga Store