Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 7, 2019 8:17 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well it's kinda interesting regarding the master and servant relationship conversation.

In the meantime, it seems the murder killer case has a connection with the Holy Grail war and the Rail Zeppelin. Not bad for what they've been building on this arc.
Sep 7, 2019 9:03 AM

May 2018
Still waiting for aozaki to show up
Sep 7, 2019 9:52 AM

Mar 2018
The build-up of this arc is really amazing. The information you get and play the little detective as to answer the whodunit and whydunit. Hat off.

Also, Gray snowboarding!? Now that got a really loud and long laughter out of me!!

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Sep 7, 2019 10:02 AM

Apr 2016
Faker and Gray really are alike, both were meant to be something different than what they were born as.
Sep 7, 2019 10:07 AM

Aug 2013
They still trying to solve the murder case. Good thing Waver was able to recover.

Sep 7, 2019 10:10 AM

Jan 2013
I absolutely hate how this show manages to give us nothing of interest in the whole span of an episode.
Sep 7, 2019 10:42 AM

Dec 2015
I like Waver's dream sequence involving Kayneth

Snowboarding Gray was great. And I love whenever Add got shaken by Gray lol

And hey, the lady and her maid from episode 2! Good for them to have a bit more screentime

"Mystic Eyes of Death Perception"

I really need to get back to watch the rest of Kara no Kyoukai
Sep 7, 2019 12:57 PM

Jul 2019
I am so intrigued as to much Waver got to know of Kayneth's fate. Right now he is putting his master pretty much on a pedastal.

Gray snowborading put a big smile on my face.

Lot's of little moments made this episode for me. I mean it was entertaining but its kind of bad if the main story is moving out of focus,
Sep 7, 2019 1:01 PM

Jul 2015
Laughing at the forced references of Kara no Kyoukai and fate grand order..
but still, it was a pretty decent episode..
Sep 7, 2019 1:22 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, I didn't actually expected my boy Kayneth to appear at all. Like I know he has appeared in flashbacks and has been mentioned many times, but in this episode, he actually talked and has his face shown. Literally blessed moment 🙏
Sep 7, 2019 1:31 PM

Mar 2013
God. I love this, how the Type-Moon works/worlds with this LN/anime connected is. 7 years ago...? Well, Waver time is set around 2004, and Ryougi Shiki's "active" time was in this second half of the 90's... God it would be epic if Shiki as well appear would... Xd

Edit: Hmm... With only 2 remaining episodes I wonder me if this could to an continuation end, because it doesn't feel like if they would so finish...
Tenryuu1Sep 7, 2019 2:03 PM
Sep 7, 2019 3:50 PM

Aug 2018
Wait did younger Waver lines are the beginning are from Fate/Zero ? Or is he able to change his voice THIS MUCH ?! My god Daisuke Namikawa is not joke.

The plot is progressing slowly but it's a mystery show, obviously they wouldn't rush the main case which has its name in the fucking title.

Hephaiston doing a campfire alongside Gray after they both tried to kill themselves is really weird and unjustified, but at least the dialogues are interesting.

Things are starting to wrap up, even if it's obvious who the murderer could be. Poor church guy tho, getting his eyes ripped off like this, I hope he'll be released and given new eyes.

Sep 7, 2019 4:38 PM

Oct 2012
Man, this had to be probably the most convoluted explanation I have heard lately.

I liked the dream part with Waver at the beginning and even Gray/Hephaestion talk but what Adashino tried to impliy was some high-level nonsense and serious technobabble. I find the whole mystery just bad and I liked some of previous arcs a lot more (especially episode 4 and 5)

In fact, not taking her utter bullshit seriously, I somehow realized her looks are very similiar to Hephaisteon so I guess the upcoming revelation is more of less evident. Althought it's true they have different seiyuu but that could only be to lead the viewers astray.
Sep 7, 2019 4:46 PM

Apr 2013
wait so does Gray have Saber Artoria or Lancer Artoria noble phantasm?
Sep 7, 2019 5:07 PM

Aug 2019
RavBTW said:

I think she IS artoria's noble phantasm
i could be wrong tho
Sep 7, 2019 6:30 PM

Oct 2015
RavBTW said:

lancer one plz
saber is excalibur
while lancers is rhygno
Waifwu said:
Still waiting for aozaki to show up

and we'll get a tsukihime remake after this
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Sep 7, 2019 7:58 PM
Mar 2015
Loved Gray snowboarding The questioner is one of the suspects. Pulling out the eyes had to hurt
Sep 7, 2019 8:05 PM

Feb 2015
kuraharah said:
Wow @ the confidence with which Adashino gloriously pulls deductions out of her ass. Absolutely amusing how Waver always shows up at the climax of her speeches just to tell her "Actually, you're wrong about everything, and also fuck you."
Mich666 said:
Man, this had to be probably the most convoluted explanation I have heard lately.

I liked the dream part with Waver at the beginning and even Gray/Hephaestion talk but what Adashino tried to impliy was some high-level nonsense and serious technobabble. I find the whole mystery just bad and I liked some of previous arcs a lot more (especially episode 4 and 5)

In fact, not taking her utter bullshit seriously, I somehow realized her looks are very similiar to Hephaisteon so I guess the upcoming revelation is more of less evident. Althought it's true they have different seiyuu but that could only be to lead the viewers astray.
These two right here. This is pretty much the exact same as the other time she appeared. This is why I think she's an idiot or an idiot's version of a smart person.

As for one specific point, using eyes that can see the past to commit a murder makes no sense unless you're basing it off a habit of the victim. Maybe I misunderstand, but it seems like for this exact crime, it'd make a lot more sense if Trisha's eyes were used to commit a murder. Otherwise, all he'd have is the location of where to cut. Everything else would seem to be up to chance.

I don't really see how his eyes are similar to the Death Perception eyes which would make her accusation more believable, but also seem to be an asspull accusation. Same with the sense of self and killer merging kinda shit.

It seems like she pulled some circumstantial evidence and conjecture and strung together a convoluted theory that sounds somewhat convincing the first time through, then immediately falls apart upon any closer observation. This mystery or deduction on her part seems to an absolute mess.

That aside, this anime is really letting me down as a part of the fate series.
Sep 7, 2019 8:58 PM

Oct 2015
Maybe Adashino is the real culprit of this murder mystery, judging by that vomit of a deduction. Or she could've just been puking nonsense and that's all.

#Lamest bitch ever!!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 7, 2019 11:27 PM

Aug 2015
I have to hand it to Adashino, she is a real prosecutor- timing her accusation to coincide with the seizure of the suspect's eyes, preventing him from having a coherent defense, while also pinning public suspicion on Karabo while hiding her own tie to the serial murder through her brother-in-law. Kamala Harris couldn't have done better to put an innocent man away.

Snake Lady is definitely the culprit. Olga Marie's behavior = she's being coerced, or else she would have behaved with more energy. Waver coming in to question Snake Lady though of course is the tell meanings she's wrong.

Not sure what was meant by "abandoning" Olga Marie when she has the Animusphere name; do the translators mean disinherited or disowned?

As for any other aspects of this case, I have no idea. I'm just here for the ride on the why and how dunnit, only the whodunit seems solvable.

Tenryuu1 said:
God. I love this, how the Type-Moon works/worlds with this LN/anime connected is. 7 years ago...? Well, Waver time is set around 2004, and Ryougi Shiki's "active" time was in this second half of the 90's... God it would be epic if Shiki as well appear would... Xd

Edit: Hmm... With only 2 remaining episodes I wonder me if this could to an continuation end, because it doesn't feel like if they would so finish...

That's a great thought, and I thought this might be a reference too. However, the murders in KnK were much more bizarre, involving body rearrangement and mutilation. These murders are all simple decapitations. Also, they occurred in 1995 and 1999, which doesn't chronologically fit.

Yautja said:

It seems like she pulled some circumstantial evidence and conjecture and strung together a convoluted theory that sounds somewhat convincing the first time through, then immediately falls apart upon any closer observation. This mystery or deduction on her part seems to an absolute mess.

It's almost as if Adashino is a liar and con artist...
Sep 8, 2019 2:01 AM

Feb 2014
The talk about Eyes of Death Perception really had me wondering, WHAT IF.....? Shiki appears?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 8, 2019 5:10 AM

Apr 2013
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
RavBTW said:

lancer one plz
saber is excalibur

thank you.
dasprn said:
The talk about Eyes of Death Perception really had me wondering, WHAT IF.....? Shiki appears?

ikr, when I heard "The Legendary Eyes" I was like Shiki! no way! But then again I think Shiki would stand out way to much in this show if she would show up once, people that know her would likely have her on screen more than main characters. So that's why she wont be shown probably(not), also she's mostly in where there is some mad combat going on and in this anime I see that there's much action going on rather than Waver researching who stole his catalyst from Iskander and Gery is just dropping darps with that Noble Phantasm. Sadly Shiki does not fit also probably it's a different time so most likely she haven't been born or is already dead/retired. I don't know...
UiaiSep 8, 2019 5:13 AM
Sep 8, 2019 6:06 AM

Feb 2014
RavBTW said:
Mei-o_Scarlett said:

lancer one plz
saber is excalibur

thank you.
dasprn said:

ikr, when I heard "The Legendary Eyes" I was like Shiki! no way! But then again I think Shiki would stand out way to much in this show if she would show up once, people that know her would likely have her on screen more than main characters. So that's why she wont be shown probably(not), also she's mostly in where there is some mad combat going on and in this anime I see that there's much action going on rather than Waver researching who stole his catalyst from Iskander and Gery is just dropping darps with that Noble Phantasm. Sadly Shiki does not fit also probably it's a different time so most likely she haven't been born or is already dead/retired. I don't know...

Well Aoko Touzaki exists in this timeline so Shiki probably resides somewhere too.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 8, 2019 6:25 AM

Mar 2013
RavBTW said:
Mei-o_Scarlett said:

lancer one plz
saber is excalibur

thank you.
dasprn said:

Waver, where is now,
Where then she lives in the time line of Waver's.
Sep 8, 2019 6:36 AM

Oct 2017
Well I wonder if the culprit is someone among them or someone other than those shown so far on the train.
Sep 8, 2019 10:00 AM

Apr 2014
Snowboarding Gray was the best part of the entire episode. XD
Sep 8, 2019 12:15 PM
Jul 2015
What the fuck was Adashino's deduction? It was entirely incomprehensible to me.
Most of the shows explanations tend to be asspulls, but at least they tend to make sense.

Edit: watched it again and it made a bit more sense, but she's got no evidence to back up that he did it. The way she described the murder to happen could certainly happen, but that's only a 'could'. It's not evidence. I don't understand how no one called her out on that, not even Waver. He called her out on the lack of motive, which is fair too, but not on the lack of evidence for the priest having done it.
JakkoFourEyesSep 8, 2019 12:41 PM
Sep 8, 2019 12:23 PM

Sep 2014
ChloeVonEinzbern said:
Snowboarding Gray was the best part of the entire episode. XD

Was indeed great, also more shy Gray in the end.
Sep 8, 2019 1:53 PM
Sep 2016
JakkoFourEyes said:
Most of the shows explanations tend to be asspulls, but at least they tend to make sense.

Edit: watched it again and it made a bit more sense, but she's got no evidence to back up that he did it. The way she described the murder to happen could certainly happen, but that's only a 'could'. It's not evidence. I don't understand how no one called her out on that, not even Waver. He called her out on the lack of motive, which is fair too, but not on the lack of evidence for the priest having done it.

Go back to the previous episode and pause to read the file she was looking through with his record.
1.1.Six
Sep 8, 2019 2:15 PM
Jul 2015
JudoJD said:
JakkoFourEyes said:

Go back to the previous episode and pause to read the file she was looking through with his record.

Just did and I still don't see the evidence for him doing it though. The picture to the side could mean anything. Unless I'm straight up being an idiot and overlooking something.
Sep 8, 2019 4:08 PM

May 2016
These episodes end so fast... and so much background info I must say the script writer did a great job.
Sep 8, 2019 7:45 PM
Jul 2013
Seems like Karabo is the key to this case, just like Robert Langdon from The Da Vinci Code.
Sep 8, 2019 9:52 PM

Feb 2015
glassknuckles said:

Yautja said:

It's almost as if Adashino is a liar and con artist...

You'd think a liar and a con artist would come up with better lies.
Sep 8, 2019 10:32 PM

Sep 2010
glassknuckles said:
Not sure what was meant by "abandoning" Olga Marie when she has the Animusphere name; do the translators mean disinherited or disowned?

Marisbury Animusphere's heir is not Olgamarie, but his prized student Kirschtaria Wodime. She's just a backup/spare one she's kept around for those reasons.
ThessSep 8, 2019 10:36 PM
Sep 8, 2019 10:36 PM

Aug 2015
Thess said:
glassknuckles said:

Marisbury Animusphere's heir is not Olgamarie, but his prized student Kirschtaria Wodime. She's just a backup/spare one she's kept around for those reasons.

I guess that makes sense, since "disinherited" would be more final. Where is this information, the book?
Sep 8, 2019 10:42 PM

Sep 2010
glassknuckles said:
I guess that makes sense, since "disinherited" would be more final. Where is this information, the book?

Albion arc mentions she's the 'spare/back up' without giving the name of who is the heir. Fate/Grand Order: Cosmos in the Lostbelt Prologue reveals Marisbury's heir is Kirschtaria, who was also chosen as the leader of A Team.

I have to re-read but a lot of those scenes are anime original (including the episode with the branch family) because, imo, they are expanding things that used to be kept vague to the author and now are adding details because of the Animusphere family importance overall.
Sep 8, 2019 11:08 PM

Aug 2015
@Thess thanks for the information.
Sep 9, 2019 12:36 AM

Jul 2016
Hearing Kayneth's voice again sure caught me by surprise but in a good way. The talk he and Waver had was quite interesting if I'm honest but it also made me wonder if Waver will ever know about the circumstances of his death...

Anyways, it was another entertaining episode overall. I'm feeling quite intrigued by this case so far and the slow build-up leading to its final resolution has been really enjoyable as well. Can't wait to see more of it in the next episode.

Gray snowboarding using Add was gold, by the way.

P.S.: Man, I really need to find some time to finally watch the "Kara no Kyoukai" movies.
SouthRzVaSep 9, 2019 12:41 AM
Sep 9, 2019 11:38 AM

Sep 2010
glassknuckles said:
@Thess thanks for the information.

No problem. I'm fairly surprised that the family didn't push for a betrothal. Marisbury probably doesn't care but what about the branch families? Kirschtaria is around her age (or a bit younger) and he seems like a nice enough lad when he's not in special circumstances. Since Olga cares so much about bloodline, Wodime family is at least a thousand years old, so checks out: handsome, intelligent, amazing magus, kind and loyal to his loved ones, wealthy, blue-blooded. You can't ask for a better package. Must be Olga's bad luck.

@SouthRzVa: Kotomine made a Church Report that Team Saber kill them, this report was also given to the Association so Waver does know.
ThessSep 9, 2019 11:46 AM
Sep 9, 2019 12:23 PM

Jul 2016
Thess said:
@SouthRzVa: Kotomine made a Church Report that Team Saber kill them, this report was also given to the Association so Waver does know.

Yes, I know Waver knows Saber was the one who "technically" killed Kayneth. I'm just curious about how many details he knows (Kiritsugu telling Maiya to kidnap Sola to extort Kayneth, Saber actually killing him out of compassion, how Sola fell in love with his servant, etc.). Knowing Kirei, I just wonder how detailed that report actually was.
Sep 9, 2019 12:50 PM

Sep 2010
I don't think Kirei knows all those details either. He just found the corpses after he lost Assassin, and he was busy healing Kariya at the time, wasn't it? Or finding his father's body which really left him shaken.
Sep 9, 2019 1:57 PM

Sep 2017
that episode felt short. the plot is unraveling a bit slowly i believe. nothing much to speak of. let's see what happens in the next episode!
Sep 10, 2019 2:37 PM

Nov 2011
Tbh the Adashino's explanation/accusation was so convoluted that I didn't understand anything. Maybe there was something wrong with the subs, dunno. Didn't get it anyway.
Sep 11, 2019 12:35 PM

May 2018
CondemneDio said:
I absolutely hate how this show manages to give us nothing of interest in the whole span of an episode.

send this person to the ranch!
Sep 11, 2019 4:38 PM
May 2017
Of course it can't be a Fate anime without some version of Saber. Gray best girl.
Sep 11, 2019 9:51 PM

Jul 2016
Good episode. Gray snow surfing is fun. Olga discovered the severed head and Adashino appeared. She is suspicious. Kurabo framed up by Adashino. Waver awakes. Overall its build up chapter. To the next episode

Sep 12, 2019 5:13 PM

Feb 2016
RavBTW said:

What Gray has is the shadow of the lance
Sep 13, 2019 12:50 AM

Dec 2013
Gray suddenly snow boarding was hilarious.

Waver is back and now he has to prove that the priest is innocent!
Sep 15, 2019 1:33 PM
Mar 2017
Things keep piling up and the mysterious murderer looks farther and farther away, but the good thing is that Waver is already back and is willing to take all he has at his disposal to catch the person responsible for Trisha's death.

The episode started in a very particular way, a dream where we see young Waver talk to Kayneth, in this conversation Waver clarifies his priorities and he regains his consciousness.

On the other hand, Gray and Hephaestion survived the avalanche and take refuge in a cave and waiting for the storm to end they have a conversation where they both realize that they are very similar.

Luvia and Shishigou continue in their investigation and little by little they find out what Trisha was investigating and that has to do with Olga Marie and her family situation, but who will be the "heartless man" that Mary mentions to Luvia and why She looked so upset ?, also who will be a step-sister Luvia mentions to Shishigou.

It was great the way Gray returned to the Rail Zeppelin, she used Add as a snowboard to go down the mountain and land on the train.

When Adashino took the reins of the case, I knew something was odd, since she blamed Callebaut for Trisha's murder and she allowed the auction manager to take away the mystical eyes that the old man possessed. I felt so bad for Olga Marie when I saw her carrying Trisha's head.
But fortunately the situation changes when Waver returns, although he is late, but at least he already has a plan in mind and among that is recovering Callebaut's eyes.
Gray is so pure when she remembers the necklace that Trisha wore, that of a hugging couple, but this gave Waver a new clue.

It seems that the auction is about to start, I wonder if Hephaestion and her Master will make their appearance soon ?.
Oct 12, 2019 8:17 AM

Jul 2015
Rip the church guy's eyes

Our detective is back on his feets again to solve this case!

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2019

86 by Karva1 »»
Feb 24, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2019

60 by Karva1 »»
Feb 24, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2019

126 by Karva1 »»
Feb 24, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2019

102 by Karva1 »»
Feb 24, 9:30 AM

Poll: » Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

100 by Trinity_07 »»
Jan 21, 4:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.