Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 23 Discussion


Sep 8, 1:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 7240
Idk I think it was boring, probably cause the last couple of episodes were just really awesome and intense.
 
Sep 8, 2:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 32
Well it was obvious Nezuko wouldn't take the bait and woulb be able to control herself, the family flashback was nice though.

Also, I'm really interrested in the backstory of the master charracter. How he got blind, why is he the master and why does he want to take down Muzan so badly.
 
Sep 8, 4:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 1763
Well done Nezuko! She was able to keep hold of her resolve and was able to turn her away in disgust at Sanemi's bloody arm bait. I had to laugh when she gave Sanemi a chibi angry glare from her box, though. XD

Tanjiro, on the other hand, had to be carried off, but he made a last second dash to try and beg his way to headbutting Sanemi three more times, which was the same amount of times that Sanemi stabbed Nezuko earlier. Sadly, Tanjiro didn't get his wish granted and had to be carried off again. Maybe he'll get his wish granted one day, who knows...

It's nice to see Zenitsu and Inosuke recovering well, although Zenitsu was back to his usual screaming and Inosuke's voice was wrecked, as well as his lack of believe in his skills. Poor guy. =(

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the last 3 episodes and the upcoming rehabilitation for Tanjiro and company. =)
 
Sep 8, 4:49 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 140
PrimeX said:
Idk I think it was boring, probably cause the last couple of episodes were just really awesome and intense.

Well we just ended the major arc of this season, so this season will end before they start another major arc (so the next season will start with an intense arc, but im not gonna spoil it for you).
 
Sep 8, 5:04 AM

Online
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 413
kirbo said:
Really good episode, best scene is the last one with Tanjirou talking to Nezuko in that room

I also love Zenitsu, I don't get the hate, the yelling is pretty funny (even though Inosuke's whole character is on a whole other level of funny)
the hate is from the minority anyway, just ignore it. Zenitsu is the second most favorite character of the manga (based on poll) and the third most favorite character in Kimetsu no yaiba (based on the number of MAL users)
Modified by Jfs_, Sep 8, 6:10 AM
 
Sep 8, 5:04 AM
Acid flashback

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 8566
VanishingKira said:
The very moment zenitsu reappears, already screaming smh.

I know. There should be 5 second warning when he appears so that one can turn the volume down. Scared the shit out my GF when he screams at 12:30
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

 
Sep 8, 5:27 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 690
OrigamiHawk said:
FuMomo-kun said:
I still can't understand how Nezuko can fit in that tiny box. Was it hard to resize the box enough to fit a small girl?


She can shrink herself. Watch the first two episodes.


I know that she can shrink herself into a smaller body, but we always see the big Nezuko inside the box. I think it's a design flaw. They should have used a bigger box.
 
Sep 8, 5:30 AM
Online
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 38
The hashira's remind me of of the captain's in Bleach, a banch of assholes in clothes. Tomioka and the snake guy are the only ones who didn't get on my nerves. The pink one is particularly annoying. I wonder if any of the main characters is going to join their ranks at some point seeing how strong they are with barely any battle experience.

I didn't like the comedy. Making fun of the protagonist for acting like a protagonist. That scarred guy stabs an innocent person three times and then they immediately go to Nezuko making cute faces to make you forget about it, t hen Tanjiro returns and it seems like there is some hope that the bastard is going to be punished but instead they put in more comedy.

I hope Zenitsu gets better. So far he's like a worse Usopp from One Piece. He overreacts to everything and then during the fights it's almost like he has another personality. I would much prefer if they toned him down and started showing that he wants to get through how much of a bitch he is.
 
Sep 8, 6:28 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 657
Yea I'm hooked to this show. Took me roughly 16 episodes but ever since then its been really nice. Even these non action based episodes are really enjoyable because of the nice dialogues. Excited to see where this season will end. Only 3 episodes left. Also nice to have best boy Inosuke back. Love that dude.
 
Sep 8, 6:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 77
Damn, screaming retards returned. Last episodes were so good without them. At least one of them got quiet, Im afraid that not for long.

So far I rated this anime 5/10. You know why? Becouse normal scenes are great, easily 8+/10 but episodes with dumb and dumber ruin everything and take away my will to live.

Yuri-Crusader said:

The only thing again that saves this anime is the females.Or Shinobu and her maidens at her lesbian butterfly mansion!!!!YES!!!!


Lol.

 
Sep 8, 7:21 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 572
DedPanda said:
So....that went down. Nezuko is the kawaii protecc girl as always. Skipping through all that stuff that went down...I just have one question: Are we going to conveniently forget that Tanjiro saw Muzan with an actual family? Because...ya know...instead of belittling and beating on the kid, the moment that shit was made known...this little trial should have been sidelined so he can give them information.


Because Tanjiro knew that is not Muzan's actual family. Muzan looks down on humans so it is impossible for him to fall in love and have a family. Muzan may has already killed the real husband of that family and took his place.
It was mentioned that Muzan always went into hiding immediately after being discovered so they know they won't find him that easily. Tanjiro only ran into him by chance.

 
Sep 8, 7:26 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 572
AddaeAkono said:
These episodes seem to go by very quickly and I knew Nezuko was not going to take the bait with the wind pillar's blood thanks to the spell that was placed on her. The master said that this is the finest group of Demon Slayers since the feudal era so I wonder how old he is.


He is young, only 23. He only said that because his predecessors left behind records and knowledge in order to beat Muzan.
 
Sep 8, 7:29 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 572
cchigu said:
Sunlight must have poured through the three or so holes made in Nezuko's container by that one Hashira and she should have died.

0/5

But for real though, these episodes after that 3 min orgasm have been pretty bad. Shitty obnoxious Hashiras man, already hating all of them especially that poison lady. Also, hope that the fkin yellow haired all-the-time-yelling kid and the boar headed kid, both die.

3/5

I also feel like that the "master" is actually Michael Jackson.


In case you haven't noticed, both Zenitsu and Inosuke are in the main cast. They won't die anytime soon. In fact, they even get more screen time than Nezuko in the future arcs.
 
Sep 8, 8:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 3
Again a great episode, I enjoyed every minute of it! Hmmm, but I don't know why, it seemed very short to me! After the end of each episode, I always want more, and I feel kind of hungry! Of course, after watching episode 5, I started reading the manga as well, and again ... I want more, more and more! In my opinion, a second season must be done...
 
Sep 8, 9:17 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 26
Jfs_ said:

the hate is from the minority anyway, just ignore it. Zenitsu is the second most favorite character of the manga (based on poll) and the third most favorite character in Kimetsu no yaiba (based on the number of MAL users)


Glad to hear, thanks for the data!
 
Sep 8, 9:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 974
Yeah of course Nezuko didn't do anything "bad." I actually think that could have went a lot worse. The rest of Tanjiro's gang sure is beat to shit tho.
 
Sep 8, 11:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 626
nezuko: *speak up*
nobody:
me: cant shrug the voice of sekai no fuku incho aru aru beam
◕‿◕)♡ Visit my modded list \(^▽^)/ Guide to rate anime ♡(◕‿◕
 
Sep 8, 12:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 10
Laionidas said:
Tomioka is more or less normal right?

pretty much, but there has to be a reason why everybody hates him..
if i wake up & i'm a donut, i would eat me up! i wouldn't think about it.
 
Sep 8, 12:42 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 83
Man, at one point I'm glad to see Zenitsu again , on the other hand him with that sticky snot coming from his running nose disgust me that I almost wanna puke.



Oh so wee see Kanao Tsuyuri again, so wtf can't she say a simple yes or no to those two ninja like helpers?????
 
Sep 8, 2:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 952
Good episode and Good Sanemi got proven wrong.
As Its wasn t obvious already considering she hasn t eaten anyone for two years.

Didn t expect that ubuyashiki and pillar meeting. They didn t show that in the manga.

Kanao my sweet favourite female anime character in KMY equal with Nezuko. I already know her personality so we will see how her personality Develop.

Considering pace of episode and remainder episode. I guess they can t cover up This next arc. Too bad I was hoping too see my second favourite demon anime character in KMY at this season.
Modified by Levi_Ackerman_30, Sep 8, 2:06 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Sep 8, 2:04 PM
Watching Anime

Online
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 31
It was a nice episode when it showed Nezuko and Tanjiro. It was not so much with Zenitsu whining, and Inosuke seems depressed.
The episode nosedived for me when the Master started applying names to bits of garbage. I was hoping for some beheadings instead.
Have Suspicions, not Faith.
 
Sep 8, 2:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 274
I think this new character could be the first that would not be annoying. One second after he’s appeared, Zenitsu remember to everyone how mich he can be annoying ahaha. Inosuke is probably gone to be less annoying, I hope so. Transitional episode I think.
 
Sep 8, 3:40 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 77
Dzentelmen2 said:
The hashira's remind me of of the captain's in Bleach, a banch of assholes in clothes. Tomioka and the snake guy are the only ones who didn't get on my nerves. The pink one is particularly annoying. I wonder if any of the main characters is going to join their ranks at some point seeing how strong they are with barely any battle experience.

I didn't like the comedy. Making fun of the protagonist for acting like a protagonist. That scarred guy stabs an innocent person three times and then they immediately go to Nezuko making cute faces to make you forget about it, t hen Tanjiro returns and it seems like there is some hope that the bastard is going to be punished but instead they put in more comedy.

I hope Zenitsu gets better. So far he's like a worse Usopp from One Piece. He overreacts to everything and then during the fights it's almost like he has another personality. I would much prefer if they toned him down and started showing that he wants to get through how much of a bitch he is.


At least in Bleach they were acting under orders. False orders, but they didn't know that their super secret room had been infiltrated yet. These guys didn't even wait for their leader to start acting on their own.

I do wish there had been a little bit more of a scolding for Mr Stabby, stab. But in their minds Tanjiro was in the wrong for mouthing off against a Hashira. Cuz of course he should sit and do nothing while they mistreat his sister.......... He should just blindly obey a chain of command that he basically only found out about now. I don't know if allowing Tanjiro to get a few headbutts in would be an adequate punishment but something should be done. If only because right now Tanjiro and Nezuko are key in luring the main antagonist. Like imagine the chaos if the leader were any later to the meeting. If they had killed Nezuko and Tanjiro only to find out the siblings importance. It's no wonder their organization isn't producing good results. The guys at the top are super hands off.

I just fast forward when it comes to Zen. I can see why he'd be popular in the manga cuz they don't have to hear him yell. I'm surprised the chick with the pigtails and blue butterflies hasn't gagged him.
 
Sep 8, 3:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 362
episode 19 has made these threads blow up, man I miss the days when it was niche
Subscribe to my Youtube: MariNate
 
Sep 8, 5:24 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 628
And another masteful episode!

Nezuko is truly one of best girls, she handled the temptation to attack and devour him, proud of her, passing the chalenge, and her Angry shot in the box was so epic!

I am glad of seeing Tanjirou reunion with Inozuke and Zenitsu, Zenitsu is energetic as always!

Kanao is so adorable and cute, we see some amazing scene with butterflies, curious to see more of her!

Also master is kinde misterious, looking forward to know more abaut him, and he knew about tanjirou and Tamayo encounter!
 
Sep 8, 8:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2916
Nezuko! Nezuko! Nezuko hahaha she's the best.
Tanjiro fought well, now rest.

Finally, they all reunited!

So their boss knows Tamayo, interesting.
I wonder who the boss is, hope he won't be a traitor in the end.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

 
Sep 8, 8:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2916
-Aincrad- said:
Just saw this on FB :D

*3 episodes


So good! hahahaha
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

 
Sep 8, 9:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 1681
Honestly, the Pillars are very interesting and like I'm anticipating their future fights I bet it'll look so cool. It's very interesting to see them interact because some of them just seem terribly at communicating with one another and just seeing snippets of their personality has been interesting. Too bad there's only 3 episodes left of this season...and probably won't be any action left...

I enjoyed the ending it was really cute. That reunion...the bromance/friendship, is something I look forward to seeing progress as they're all growing in different ways. They're already growing and in the process of growing and they're sort of a team now. It's cute.

Tanjiro is honestly such a great brother and it was really this episode where I began to realize how he has been maturing and growing throughout this season. What he said to Nezuko before she knocked out showed that to me. The relationships in this series really are pure and I enjoy watching their dynamics and watching them develop. I didn't expect to like this show in the beginning but I really am enjoying it. The pacing seems slow now that the action scenes are over but I'm looking forward to see whatever is left of this season!
 
Sep 8, 11:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 3658
The Pillars's boss is creepy lol.

Kanao looks cute, maybe she is going to be a love interest for Tanjirou.

Life has no meaning.
 
Sep 9, 12:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 4
As i predicted from the last cliffhanger nothing actually happened from that moment...oh and we had our usual bad comedy from this series, meh.
 
Sep 9, 12:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 1260
AslanGolzine said:
Laionidas said:
Tomioka is more or less normal right?

pretty much, but there has to be a reason why everybody hates him..


The other hashira just seem to be pissed because he was being a party pooper, he isn't too friendly in general, and he's a lone wolf, but Koncho at least does not seem to hate him.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
 
Sep 9, 5:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 933
Pretty exhilarating episode. Nezuko manages to stop her adrenaline into human blood, and the Master adds weight to Tanjirou's shoulders, but it is one of acceptance and challenge to the Hashiras, that both him and Nezuko can fight alongside as a special bunch.

Nezuko in her box is comedy touché.

Finally getting to see Kanao Tsuyuri from the OP. Wonder what's her shtick though as the one who's trained by the Insect Hashira Shinobu herself.

Seeing Zenitsu come again is...bothersome to say the least. Glad that Inosuke is still alive, albeit losing his vocals.

The issue on the Twelve Kizuki from the viewpoints of the Hashiras is devastatingly damning. Lesser and lesser competence from people wanting to be demon slayers meant that they have to live their 200% to teach the potentials like Tanjirou. The fact that Tanjirou has come THIS close to Muzan says a lot about how the Hashiras have wavered along the way, and with Tanjirou, this meeting proves all but one point, which is to defeat Kibutsuji Muzan.

We're 3 episodes away from the (eventual) end, and I'm hoping that an eventual Season 2 will continue things from this end.
 
Sep 9, 5:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 23
I hope it will not be curious ending anime...
 
Sep 9, 5:54 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 104
ChiMur said:
It was a nice episode when it showed Nezuko and Tanjiro. It was not so much with Zenitsu whining, and Inosuke seems depressed.
The episode nosedived for me when the Master started applying names to bits of garbage. I was hoping for some beheadings instead.


Yeah, behead the most powerful members of the organization and the only hope to defeat the Upper Moons. Smart move. The comments are becoming dumber than ever.
Modified by Koshi_Inaba, Sep 9, 7:12 AM
 
Sep 9, 6:13 AM
Watching Anime

Online
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 31
Koshi_Inaba said:
ChiMur said:
It was a nice episode when it showed Nezuko and Tanjiro. It was not so much with Zenitsu whining, and Inosuke seems depressed.
The episode nosedived for me when the Master started applying names to bits of garbage. I was hoping for some beheadings instead.


Yeah, behead the most powerful members of the organization and the only to hope to defeat the Upper Moons. Smart move. The comments are becoming dumber than ever.

You haven't seen dumb yet, I'm not warmed up.

I'm watching for the siblings story, but my next fondest hope is to see Hashira scum die in horrible ways. Preferably screaming.
Have Suspicions, not Faith.
 
Sep 9, 6:50 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 374
ChiMur said:

but my next fondest hope is to see Hashira scum die in horrible ways. Preferably screaming.


Oh god no, no more screaming please, I'm already having a hard time dealing with Zenitsu screaming non-stop every time his face is in the screen.
 
Sep 9, 7:21 AM

Online
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 20539
tfw you'll never have Oyakata-sama address you directly.
 
Sep 9, 7:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 2898
It's been so long since we heard Zenitsu whine, this is like music to my ears

"His voice was so soothing it made me feel all light" same Tanjirou same, the master is voiced by an absolute legend after all <3




 
Sep 9, 8:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 23
I hope this anime will serve good ending.
Just it.
And what is your opinion, which one is the more beautiful?


or

Modified by KingofAnimeLover, Sep 9, 8:39 AM
 
Sep 9, 9:01 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1140
EvilSociopath323 said:
This falls under the category of minor spoilers but I think someone should mention this here. The fact that Nezuko resisted Shinazugawa is all the more impressive

Non-manga reader here. This feels like a major thing to be left out imo.

While some people doesn't like the comedy parts in this series, I tend to like it quite a bit.

With just 2 episodes left, I already can't wait for season 2! Anything could happen including a long delay or break but I'm quite sure there will be season 2 no matter what. It just doesn't make sense that this series won't get a season 2.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Sep 9, 10:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 13310
luccide said:
EvilSociopath323 said:
This falls under the category of minor spoilers but I think someone should mention this here. The fact that Nezuko resisted Shinazugawa is all the more impressive

Non-manga reader here. This feels like a major thing to be left out imo.

It wasn’t left out. That minor thing is revealed in one of the latest chapters. So yeah, it would be like explained in an hypothetical season 3. But it was never explained why Nezuko had a hard time this episode. It is something you notice if rereading the manga or watching the anime (having read the manga). Otherwise you completely forget about this scene, and this is good writing right here imo
 
Sep 9, 11:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 601
more entertaining than the last 2 episodes by far
the dialogue wasn't nearly as obnoxious as in those eps
You son of a .. turtle

 
Sep 9, 11:45 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 4
Tanjiro saying he's happy Zenitsu survived. No Tanjiro, i'm not happy he survived. It should have been him who lost his voice at least, not Inosuke.

Zenitsu is not comedy, there is nothing funny about him. He is pure annoyance.

Also the Master is totally a reformed demon, like Tamayo. And no I did not read the manga, so I have no clue if I am right about this. But it's a strong hunch. His appearance and his mental ability to make the demonslayers like him, totally suspicious of him. Those two girls with him are also reformed demons, or should we call them vampires (Tamayo said they drink blood).

Wouldn't be farfetched if it was a rogue demon who started the demonslayer organization to fight against Muzan, probably with motive of revenge.
 
Sep 9, 5:37 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 104
tarayun said:
Tanjiro saying he's happy Zenitsu survived. No Tanjiro, i'm not happy he survived. It should have been him who lost his voice at least, not Inosuke.

Zenitsu is not comedy, there is nothing funny about him. He is pure annoyance.

Also the Master is totally a reformed demon, like Tamayo. And no I did not read the manga, so I have no clue if I am right about this. But it's a strong hunch. His appearance and his mental ability to make the demonslayers like him, totally suspicious of him. Those two girls with him are also reformed demons, or should we call them vampires (Tamayo said they drink blood).

Wouldn't be farfetched if it was a rogue demon who started the demonslayer organization to fight against Muzan, probably with motive of revenge.


And the dumbest post award goes to...
 
Sep 9, 8:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 102
Tista said:
Ant161718 said:
Fine, now I'am scared. Shouldn't I read it?
It's not the matter of should or shouldn't, it's just in the very next arc there are multiple depressed moments and reading it and watching it afterwards would make you feel sad twice. If you are impatient, then read it.
Thanks Tista, thanks to your replied I guess I' am gonna read it at the end.
LIVE THE LIFE ON YOUR WAY AND FUCK OFF THE REST OF THE WORLD ¬¬


 
Sep 9, 11:05 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 111
The season is looking like it'll have a very strong finale. I like the master's psychology, and the differing philosophies of each of the Hashiras.
We are humans, not fish. We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?


------------------------------------

Itachi Uchiha
 
Sep 9, 11:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 131
Great episode, nothing special though. It seems like the series is cooling off after it's huge climax for awhile.
Story comes first, art comes second.
 
Sep 10, 3:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 443
Anime is about to end :(, but anyway, another great episode from Unlimited budget works.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
 
Sep 10, 7:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 74
mecegirl said:
Dzentelmen2 said:
The hashira's remind me of of the captain's in Bleach, a banch of assholes in clothes. Tomioka and the snake guy are the only ones who didn't get on my nerves. The pink one is particularly annoying. I wonder if any of the main characters is going to join their ranks at some point seeing how strong they are with barely any battle experience.

I didn't like the comedy. Making fun of the protagonist for acting like a protagonist. That scarred guy stabs an innocent person three times and then they immediately go to Nezuko making cute faces to make you forget about it, t hen Tanjiro returns and it seems like there is some hope that the bastard is going to be punished but instead they put in more comedy.

I hope Zenitsu gets better. So far he's like a worse Usopp from One Piece. He overreacts to everything and then during the fights it's almost like he has another personality. I would much prefer if they toned him down and started showing that he wants to get through how much of a bitch he is.


At least in Bleach they were acting under orders. False orders, but they didn't know that their super secret room had been infiltrated yet. These guys didn't even wait for their leader to start acting on their own.

I do wish there had been a little bit more of a scolding for Mr Stabby, stab. But in their minds Tanjiro was in the wrong for mouthing off against a Hashira. Cuz of course he should sit and do nothing while they mistreat his sister.......... He should just blindly obey a chain of command that he basically only found out about now. I don't know if allowing Tanjiro to get a few headbutts in would be an adequate punishment but something should be done. If only because right now Tanjiro and Nezuko are key in luring the main antagonist. Like imagine the chaos if the leader were any later to the meeting. If they had killed Nezuko and Tanjiro only to find out the siblings importance. It's no wonder their organization isn't producing good results. The guys at the top are super hands off.



So Tanjiro should not blindly obey the master but the pillars should?
Ok lol
 
Sep 10, 9:16 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 77
WiselyKamelot said:



So Tanjiro should not blindly obey the master but the pillars should?
Ok lol


I'm gonna type a lot but this isn't that complicated.

In Tanjiro's case it has a bit less to do with the Master than with the Hashiras. So who he shouldn't blindly follow is the Hashiras. And really it's less to do with should than with human nature. So like let's rewind shit and go step by step.

Tanjiro wakes up to find himself in a new location where he is tied up. He's told that he's being put on trial and will be given a chance to explain why he's palling around with a demon. After a little back and forth he sees that one Hashira(water) is on his side. One(insect) is at least trying to give him the space and time to explain himself. A handful(fire, snake, buddhist looking dude, and flamboyant guy) are talking bout killing him. The rest are just silent. And oh...here comes some scarred up asshole(wind) from left field who not only is talking about killing him but is stabbing his sister.

Also talk of some "Master" who is late to the meeting.

Now Tanjiro is a pretty chill and forgiving guy. About the only one he has a problem with is the Wind Hashira for obvious reasons. All and all he behaved a lot better than the average human. His was sitting pretty quietly until the Wind Hashira got all stabby. Probably would have kept trying to explain his and his sister's situation until the stabbing started. Overall he was pretty obedient except for going after the Wind Hashira. And that is super understandable. He doesn't really know these people and this organization is super scattered so it's no surprise that he doesn't know these people. He has very little reason to obey people who put his sister at risk like that. And I do say they owe him the satisfaction of a headbutt or two..three...whatever. Cuz these guys are not that organized, they are not super regimented. Judging by the way the Hashira's behave anythings fine so long as you are strong enough. Also, acting out based on your emotions is fine too...Like no discipline at all. You wanna stab somebody? Sure fine, if you got the strength you can do whatever the fuck you want or whatever. You want to headbutt someone? Sure fine, why not?? It's all fun and games. The other Hashiras are laughing so it must be okay to solve problems through violence.


The Master is said to have a soothing voice by Tanjiro...really he just seems to be one of the few with some damn patience and self control. The Hashira's know their Master. They trust and,judging by how they all snapped to bowing, highly respect their Master. So why the hell could they not wait til their Master showed up to pass judgement on Tanjiro? Wind dude's manner of speaking changed once the Master appeared. He stopped acting like a thug immediately. You'd think that level of respect would extend to believing in the Master enough to wait long enough to hear his opinions on the matter before jumping the gun...er sword? Like, forget order and obedience for a second. Just pure human nature and relationships. In the end their Master took the time to hear all of the Hashira's that have options out. He gave thoughtful responses to their worries. Even let the Wind guy perform his test. Explained to Tanjiro that such tests may happen in the future because of course folks are gonna be freaked out over a demon. With a master like that you'd think the Hashira's would be more chill? Like they would try to emulate the Master they claim to have such faith in and just wait a moment...cuz really that was all that was being asked of them, to wait until the full story was told.

That is the "blind obedience" expected of them. To give Tanjiro and Nezuko a fair trial. Not to agree with everything. Just to hear them out before rushing to execution. The "blind obedience" expected of Tanjiro? To just drop the fact that he and his sister were not given a fair trial. Or at very least just drop the fact that the arrest leading up to their "trial" was unfair, abusive, negligent, like...police brutality level shit except with demons because he's getting the shit kicked out of him and his sister is getting tortured but he's being expected to let it all go and not fight back.



 
Top
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »