Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 7, 2019 5:47 AM

Mar 2013
This year's October issue of Kodansha's good! Afternoon magazine revealed on Friday that Kousuke Hamada's sports manga Hanebado! will end in the November issue on October 7. Kodansha will ship the 16th volume on November 7.

Hamada began serializing Hanebado! in good! Afternoon in June 2013. The series currently has 15 compiled volumes in print as of June 7.

A 13-episode TV anime adaptation, directed by Shinpei Ezaki ("Bungaku Shoujo" Movie assistant director) at LIDENFILMS, aired in Summer 2018. The series was simulcast worldwide on Crunchyroll.

Funimation released the anime as a complete collection Blu-ray in August.

Source: Mantan Web
Sakana-sanSep 7, 2019 8:35 AM
Sep 7, 2019 5:52 AM

Jun 2017
I still vividly remember how much I enjoyed Ayano's trash-talking and cockiness in the anime. Might give the manga a chance when it ends.

Higurashi Gou is the worst anime in existence.
Sep 7, 2019 6:04 AM
Aug 2015
I have had the manga on Tachiyomi since the anime finished and still haven't got round to reading it, I'm gonna read it all when the last chapter is released
Sep 7, 2019 6:09 AM
Aug 2019
I’ve always been interested in possibly watching the anime series version of this at some point, just still haven’t done so yet though ^_^
Sep 7, 2019 6:41 AM

May 2018
The anime adaptations is horrible as hell.
Sep 7, 2019 7:17 AM
Jan 2015
The link to the anime links to a wrong anime..
Sep 7, 2019 7:29 AM

Nov 2007
This news would have been perfect if it got merged with the previous one.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Sep 7, 2019 7:31 AM

May 2012
I loved the anime. I wish if they make 2nd season
Sep 7, 2019 8:17 AM

Sep 2011
Heard the anime absolutely butchered the source material and changes alot of the characters, so im curious to read this.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 7, 2019 9:56 AM

Jun 2019
Since it's finished, I'm going to read it. I have never played the sport but I find it quite interesting.
Sep 7, 2019 10:26 AM

Jul 2017
well the anime was bad and had one of the worst written characters I think I've seen ever (Ayano's mom).

How different it is from the manga idk, but at least for fans I hope it's a proper conclusion and not some rushed ending because it's getting axed
Sep 7, 2019 1:28 PM

Feb 2012
Fuck me. This is one of the series I have been reading from the beginning and really enjoying it as I play badminton myself whenever I get the chance. Gotta say I'm disappointed Hamada isn't going to cover more of the characters' careers after where we currently are at. But I'm happy he got the chance to do a long-running series. Also, why the fuck hasn't this been licensed yet?
ZhouSep 7, 2019 1:32 PM
Sep 7, 2019 7:35 PM

Aug 2014
Short_Circut said:
well the anime was bad and had one of the worst written characters I think I've seen ever (Ayano's mom).

How different it is from the manga idk, but at least for fans I hope it's a proper conclusion and not some rushed ending because it's getting axed

The anime butchered pretty much every reason why Ayano mom's abandoned her,
Even Ayano father doesn't make appearances.

Ayano characters is the same as the anime but isn't so forced or over edgy to the point it's not even realistic as a person.

There's some fanservice too in Manga but is not ecchi kind of shounen, also light comedy which never seen in anime.
JizzyHitler said:
Heard the anime absolutely butchered the source material and changes alot of the characters, so im curious to read this.

The anime piss on the manga,

I watch the anime and read the Manga, the anime as an adaptation is a joke but done well in animation but it doesn't save the fact that the characters became so damn bad and so underdeveloped in the anime.
Sep 8, 2019 1:25 AM

Apr 2016
NOOOOOOO I love the manga and the anime :(

Sep 8, 2019 7:17 AM

Jun 2014
I'm not going to miss this ecchi trash.

I really like badminton, but the bouncing breasts made me avoid the Anime, and I have no idea if the Manga was any different.

Sep 10, 2019 2:05 PM

Oct 2010
Seiya said:

I really like badminton, but the bouncing breasts made me avoid the Anime, and I have no idea if the Manga was any different.

It is not ecchi, and nobody has ever referred to this show as ecchi. It's fine if you don't want to watch/read it but if that's your reasoning you are missing out on a show you could potentially like.
Sep 10, 2019 2:16 PM

Oct 2017
Seiya said:

Are you confusing this with Keijo or something?
I haven't watched any of them so I can't say you are wrong but from what I have read online about Hanebado it's known because the MC and her mother were cunts not because it have ecchi.

Sep 10, 2019 2:53 PM

Jun 2014
jal90 said:
Seiya said:

It is not ecchi, and nobody has ever referred to this show as ecchi. It's fine if you don't want to watch/read it but if that's your reasoning you are missing out on a show you could potentially like.

I saw a small clip from Hanebado, and there were bouncing breasts. I can't take something like that seriously.

Sep 10, 2019 2:57 PM

Oct 2010
Seiya said:
jal90 said:

I saw a small clip from Hanebado, and there were bouncing breasts. I can't take something like that seriously.

The bouncing breasts in Hanebado are minimal and all according to the action of some specific moment in the show, and it's completely justified. It is not ecchi, factually not ecchi. You should really stop trying to justify a completely false statement with such petty evidence.
Sep 10, 2019 3:01 PM

Jun 2014
jal90 said:
Seiya said:

The bouncing breasts in Hanebado are minimal and all according to the action of some specific moment in the show, and it's completely justified. It is not ecchi, factually not ecchi. You should really stop trying to justify a completely false statement with such petty evidence.

The bouncing breasts were NOT necessary at all. They were very distracting and bothersome. Perhaps you simply like breasts more than I do.

Also, you hate my guts. You're just poking at me, because you find it fun.

Sep 10, 2019 5:21 PM

Oct 2010
Seiya said:
jal90 said:

The bouncing breasts were NOT necessary at all. They were very distracting and bothersome. Perhaps you simply like breasts more than I do.

If I hated your guts I wouldn't be there correcting you because your dumb assumption is in the way of you watching a show about a theme you enjoy and that you could, subsequently, enjoy. I know where does the breast bouncing moment come from and it's perfectly put in context, it is an emphasis on movement and muscles because this is a very physical approach to sports anime, with many shots of legs, arms, bodies in motion and sweat drops, and if there's some little bouncing from a character who happens to have big breasts, it's perfectly in tone with the rest of the scene and not sexualized at all. But don't worry, I won't bother you again, keep with your delusion and miss out on a show for completely and factually wrong reasons for all I care.
Sep 10, 2019 5:25 PM

Jun 2014
jal90 said:
Seiya said:

If I hated your guts I wouldn't be there correcting you because your dumb assumption is in the way of you watching a show about a theme you enjoy and that you could, subsequently, enjoy. I know where does the breast bouncing moment comes from and it's perfectly put in context, it is an emphasis on movement and muscles because this is a very physical approach to sports anime, with many shots of legs, arms, bodies and sweat drops, and if there's some little bouncing from a character who happens to have big breasts, it's perfectly in tone with the rest of the scene and not sexualized at all. But don't worry, I won't bother you again, keep with your delusion and miss out on a show for completely and factually wrong reasons for all I care.

There's nothing wrong with my not wanting to watch certain Anime, as I don't think I'm missing out on much, especially considering that Hanebado is "seinen," and I usually avoid seinen works anyway, but I know that you won't understand that.

I'm not really sure why you care so much about what other people watch.

Sep 10, 2019 5:31 PM

Oct 2010
Seiya said:
jal90 said:

If I hated your guts I wouldn't be there correcting you because your dumb assumption is in the way of you watching a show about a theme you enjoy and that you could, subsequently, enjoy. I know where does the breast bouncing moment comes from and it's perfectly put in context, it is an emphasis on movement and muscles because this is a very physical approach to sports anime, with many shots of legs, arms, bodies and sweat drops, and if there's some little bouncing from a character who happens to have big breasts, it's perfectly in tone with the rest of the scene and not sexualized at all. But don't worry, I won't bother you again, keep with your delusion and miss out on a show for completely and factually wrong reasons for all I care.

There's nothing wrong with my not wanting to watch certain Anime, as I don't think I'm missing out on much, especially considering that Hanebado is "seinen," and I usually avoid seinen works anyway, but I know that you won't understand that.

I don't give a damn about your preferences, Seiya, I don't know where do you get that impression. But preference is one thing and mentioning a reason to not watch a show that turns out to not be true is another. I found your post, I saw that you were interested in the theme of the show but that you were not going to try it because of something that I, after having watched the series, know for a fact that is false. So I told you, because I think it would be helpful if you really wanted to watch a show like this.

So really, take it or leave it, and yes, it's a seinen, if you want to mention a reason that is actually grounded in reality.
Sep 10, 2019 5:34 PM

Jun 2014
jal90 said:
Seiya said:

I don't give a damn about your preferences, Seiya, I don't know where do you get that impression. But preference is one thing and mentioning a reason to not watch a show that turns out to not be true is another. I found your post, I saw that you were interested in the theme of the show but that you were not going to try it because of something that I, after having watched the series, know for a fact that is false. So I told you, because I think it would be helpful if you really wanted to watch a show like this.

So really, take it or leave it, and yes, it's a seinen, if you want to mention a reason that is actually grounded in reality.

I really don't care what you have to say.

I'm blocking you now.

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
4 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.