Forum Settings
Forums

Wondering if the 2 top reviews for Dr. Stone are meant to be taken seriously or not.

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 8, 2019 9:30 AM

Feb 2019
jarring said:

If you liked that, you should read my latest post.

Damn, man, you must have a pretty shitty life to get seriously offended by some "garbage" reviews written by strangers on the internet; strangers whom you might not even see in real life, let alone meet and have a discussion.

Well, it doesn't matter. I think Dr. Stone is garbage, and you think it's good. It all comes down to that simple fact.

Get a hobby, seriously.
Sep 8, 2019 9:42 AM
Apr 2017
beminim said:
MajinSage said:
I don't get it why People review an Anime Before Its Finished.
Guess that people can't review One piece then cuz who knows when it will get finished
Not to be pedantic, but there's a fairly huge gap between a 24-ep anime and a 800+ ep one.

Not that I think that one needs to wait for an anime to end to have a pretty clear idea of how it is, that goes without saying.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Sep 8, 2019 9:56 AM
Jul 2018
Kurgo said:
beminim said:
Guess that people can't review One piece then cuz who knows when it will get finished
Not to be pedantic, but there's a fairly huge gap between a 24-ep anime and a 800+ ep one.

Not that I think that one needs to wait for an anime to end to have a pretty clear idea of how it is, that goes without saying.
yeah i know, but i was just using an example since they never specified. anyway i think we can all agree that we don't have to finish a show till the end to give it a rating
Sep 8, 2019 10:09 AM

Jul 2017
I don't read reviews because I don't care what a random individual whom I've never met thinks about a show, I'm more interested in the total rating.

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Sep 8, 2019 10:31 AM

Jul 2019
?????????????????????

Why was this thread made? Is it that important for you to vent out frustration about people's opinion? Why did you discuss this in a thread instead of sending a DM or comment to both the reviewers?

How can you say those reviews are jokes and also mention the fact you haven't fully read them is beyond me but whatever, they both explain legitimiate reasons why the show can be considered bad.

Imma help u out and mention both @Karhu @Pragyan1 so you guys can discuss it.
Now I see you already saw this thread Pragyan but please enlighten OP as to why you gave Dr. Stone a 5, he doesn't seem to understand.

Those reviews got considered helpful as a majority of people agree with the point the reviews try to make.

Having read the 2 first volumes of the manga (and dropping it) I think it is trash (or at least low level entertainment) because the characters are extremely exaggerated and 1-dimensional, the concept of surviving with science is pretty cool but then making that 80% of what happens is basically impossible makes it contradict itself and it does make me not take it seriously, but then they keep spouting some more science that I can't take seriously and if I can't take a show seriously that's a bad thing, it doesn't keep my interest. The last point I want to make explaining why I think Dr. Stone is bad is like Karhu said in the anime's review: "This is the type of content that could be used as an example of what people who do not watch anime think anime is like". People who do not watch anime usually think it's childish and this is exactly what this anime is, this manga definitively only caters to younger fans being filled with an unholy amount of shonen tropes, happy-go-lucky comedy and the fact it cannot be taken seriously. When I was younger I liked Jonny Test and my mom would usually say that it's retarded and that I shouldn't watch it, I used to disagree but 2 years ago I watched an episode randomly and goddamn it's so stupid. Reading Dr. Stone disrespects my intelligence and I am 100% serious when I say that.

Anyways sorry for that long rant, I think everybody can have their opinion and everything is pretty cool, but then you disregard both the reviewers opinion without explaining a single reason why you think Dr. Stone doesn't deserve to be considered to be better.

Also everybody that is shitting on Karhu's review definitively hasn't seen his profile where he explains in detail why exactly he gave Dr. Stone a 1.
BiDiGiNSep 8, 2019 3:12 PM
Sep 8, 2019 10:32 AM

Feb 2010
Regardless of what their intention is, I would advise you to generally be very skeptical of the top reviews since they are usually the ones that simply get upvoted by a lot of random people because of their score or because they're 'funneh', neither of which have anything to do with being a good or accurate or even helpful review. If you have to read reviews, go to the third page or so, go to the ones with middling scores not to the ones with 1s or 10s which often make up the first page.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 8, 2019 10:59 AM
Jul 2018
Pragyan1 said:
jarring said:

If you liked that, you should read my latest post.

Damn, man, you must have a pretty shitty life to get seriously offended by some "garbage" reviews written by strangers on the internet; strangers whom you might not even see in real life, let alone meet and have a discussion.

Well, it doesn't matter. I think Dr. Stone is garbage, and you think it's good. It all comes down to that simple fact.

Get a hobby, seriously.

hey. I wasn't offended at all.
I'm just calling it like it is.

Like, I don't mind at all that you think it's a shit anime. For some reason people keep assuming I'm some autist that only cares about defending some popular seasonal anime that just started airing. Jesus fucking christ I'm not a complete moron. You guys know how quick an anime can go south right? An anime can go from something cliche and run-of-the-mill just barely watchable i don't mind wasting my time on, to complete and utter garbage in just 1 or 2 episodes. However, the opposite can also happen. Take Descending Stories for instance. I loved watching the anime, but it got better and better as it went along and went so big on the ending I'll never forget that moment where I finished it for the first time. It'll be a memory that I'll recall when in reminisce of anime for the rest of my life. I felt it was so good and finished so beautifully that simply seeing the credits roll caused me to burst into tears. Like, I didn't actually cry from something that happened in the anime. I mean, can you imagine that? That's the first and only time that has EVER happened for me. Well, there are other times, but not quite in the same way. Like, I remember crying for a half-hour straight after finishing "in this corner of the world" but it wasn't because of the anime, it was because of the reality presented in the anime. The characters are the only fictional thing about it, everything else is historically accurate. dates, landmarks, what it was like, was basically a re-telling of WW2 being told from first-hand experience. Like, nothing special about this family, literally could have been anyone.

Anyways, I don't care that you don't like Dr. Stone. My point is that when I happened to look at its reviews, I saw that they were complete and utter garbage and i find it a little disturbing how many people on the website encourage that kind of shit.

It's one thing if these "reviews" never get seen as they aren't helpful to anyone who wants an actual review that would help them understand what they were in for if they watched it.

But it's another thing if 200-400 people upvote it being helpful even if it doesn't say anything about the anime at all. they all just believe it is trash and can't be bothered to to explain why. Like, normally, you'd think if something was so trash it would be beyond a reasonable doubt. They shouldn't have any problems explaining why trash is trash. It's evident in the story's theme and intentions, the craftmanship, the holes in character, reasons for conflict.

Like, I can normally tell when someone hasn't showered for a few days, and I'll explain, they stink, their hair is greasy, their clothes are wrinkled and dirty, etc.

Like, for example, this anime I've been watching that I probably won't finish this season called The Abandoned Sacred Beasts. The character design is uninspired and boring, the art in general is very plain and lacking creative expression. It's so carelessly paced, you might find the climax just fucking annoying due to how little you care about the characters.

That's about it.. Didn't need 5 paragraphs to say its story art and sound are all trash. That's one simple to understand paragraph of why this anime sucks. EASY. I mean if I did rate shit on this stupid site, I would have possibly given it a 5 until it got to its annoying af climax. I still wouldnt' give it a 1. Maybe a 2-3. Possibly a 4, idk if it could somehow magically get back to slightly below average after that travesty of a 10th episode. the lasts few episodes caused it to go from a 4-5 average pos to a 2-3

My point is, these reviews in question are fucking garbage, and I'm here to tell you why with actual points and evidence.

Something yall seem to take for granted

Idgaf what you think about the anime. Your review is objectively fucking garbage.
Sep 8, 2019 11:22 AM
Jul 2018
BiDiGiN said:
?????????????????????

Why was this thread made? Is it that important for you to vent out frustration about people's opinion? Why did you discuss this in a thread instead of sending a DM or comment to both the reviewers?

How can you say those reviews are jokes and also mention the fact you haven't fully read them is beyond me but whatever, they both explain legitimiate reasons why the show can be considered bad.

Imma help u out and mention both @ Karhu @Pragyan1 so you guys can discuss it.
Now I see you already saw this thread Pragyan but please enlighten OP as to why you gave Dr. Stone a 5, he doesn't seem to understand.

Those reviews got considered helpful as a majority of people agree with the point the reviews try to make.

Having read the 2 first volumes of the manga (and dropping it) I think it is trash (or at least low level entertainment) because the characters are extremely exaggerated and 1-dimensional, the concept of surviving with science is pretty cool but then making that 80% of what happens is basically impossible makes it contradict itself and it does make me not take it seriously, but then they keep spouting some more science that I can't take seriously and if I can't take a show seriously that's a bad thing, it doesn't keep my interest. The last point I want to make explaining why I think Dr. Stone is bad is like Karhu said in the anime's review: "This is the type of content that could be used as an example of what people who do not watch anime think anime is like". People who do not watch anime usually think it's childish and this is exactly what this anime is, this manga definitively only caters to younger fans being filled with an unholy amount of shonen tropes, happy-go-lucky comedy and the fact it cannot be taken seriously. When I was younger I liked Jonny Test and my mom would usually say that it's retarded and that I shouldn't watch it, I used to disagree but 2 years ago I watched an episode randomly and goddamn it's so stupid. Reading Dr. Stone disrespects my intelligence and I am 100% serious when I say that.

Anyways sorry for that long rant, I think everybody can have their opinion and everything is pretty cool, but then you disregard both the reviewers opinion without explaining a single reason why you think Dr. Stone doesn't deserve to be considered to be better.

Also everybody that is shitting on Karhu's review definitively hasn't seen his profile where he explains in detail why exactly he gave Dr. Stone a 1.

Forgive me if I can't be bothered to read everything you said. Apparently I need to explain the point of this thread for the millionth time. they are garbage reviews that got 200-400 upvotes as "helpful". They don't explain anything about the anime, they just call it trash, and expect everyone to just take their fucking word for it. The one dude had like 5 fucking paragraphs but didn't even talk about the anime. It was just a lot of words that described it as trash. He could have changed the title of the anime and name of the characters to literally anything else and it would fit just the same.

Yet, 400 people find it helpful. It's kind of sad that on a site dedicated to anime, the major portion of people who feel inclined to vote on the quality of reviews, don't even care about the quality. I suppose if they agree with the opinion that it's bad, regardless of not having been presented any reasons for it, it'd be better to vote it as helpful than not to, just because it's mainstream. By god if a mainstream audience were ever led to believe that the most popular anime of the season was anything but all-around objective garbage by the good people of MAL, who almost certainly want the very best for the anime community.
Sep 8, 2019 11:36 AM

Jul 2016
jarring said:

No. The main reason I made this thread is because I didn't understand how so many people found it helpful.

They are not helpful at all.

The only thing I've said about myself so far in this thread is that my favorite thing about Dr. Stone is that it doesn't take itself too seriously.

Whether or not the anime is good is completely irrelevant. I didn't say anything about that.

Tell me how are they helpful? What points did they bring up? I skimmed them over, and all I see is.. "trash" on the first review and "pretentious" on the second. Like, that's what they are working with. These are the words in which they describe the anime.

Is it just because it is popular or what? I assume this is the reason. I mean. I watch a lot of anime and don't bother to come to this site very much, so idk.

If Dr. Stone has a score between a 1 and a 5 I'd need negative scores for most of the other anime I'm currently watching. ~I'm normally watching around 30 at a time and finish about 100 or so yearly.

Like, it just makes me wonder what score these guys give ACTUAL trash, cuz I watch a lot of trash...shrug.

I just assume they don't know what trash is and are just reacting to hype. I mean, finding enjoyment in mainstream media would just be far too much to ask, I get it.

To be honest I didn't think you'd have the balls to reply considering you posted this incredibly patronizing post on this forum where the review writers don't have much of a chance to defend themselves which boggles my mind on how much in denial you are:

jarring said:

Whether or not he's serious, I'm going to take him as a joke. *shudder* yeah no, I can't take someone like that seriously. I don't want to.

One of my favorite things about Dr. Stone is that it doesn't take itself too seriously... Guy must of missed the memo. idk. Maybe he's just young/new, like @FuriousNutSlaps said. Might be able to forgive him in that case. We were all dumb noobs at one point in our lives right.

How do you not understand that other people can have their own opinion on things? If they say the show is pretentious and dumb then THEY find it pretentious ad dumb. YOU may not think so and that's completely fine. How did so many people find them helpful? Why not? Are you going to go up to every one of them and tell them to rescind it? Clearly a lot of people felt the same way as their reviews did so they clicked on "helpful". If YOU don't find it helpful then THAT'S FINE. WHO CARES????

So I'll repeat myself: Please never post a stupid thread like this again and stop condescending on people just because they have different opinions to you.
Sep 8, 2019 12:13 PM
Jul 2018
raisin-kun said:
jarring said:

No. The main reason I made this thread is because I didn't understand how so many people found it helpful.

They are not helpful at all.

The only thing I've said about myself so far in this thread is that my favorite thing about Dr. Stone is that it doesn't take itself too seriously.

Whether or not the anime is good is completely irrelevant. I didn't say anything about that.

Tell me how are they helpful? What points did they bring up? I skimmed them over, and all I see is.. "trash" on the first review and "pretentious" on the second. Like, that's what they are working with. These are the words in which they describe the anime.

Is it just because it is popular or what? I assume this is the reason. I mean. I watch a lot of anime and don't bother to come to this site very much, so idk.

If Dr. Stone has a score between a 1 and a 5 I'd need negative scores for most of the other anime I'm currently watching. ~I'm normally watching around 30 at a time and finish about 100 or so yearly.

Like, it just makes me wonder what score these guys give ACTUAL trash, cuz I watch a lot of trash...shrug.

I just assume they don't know what trash is and are just reacting to hype. I mean, finding enjoyment in mainstream media would just be far too much to ask, I get it.

To be honest I didn't think you'd have the balls to reply considering you posted this incredibly patronizing post on this forum where the review writers don't have much of a chance to defend themselves which boggles my mind on how much in denial you are:

jarring said:

Whether or not he's serious, I'm going to take him as a joke. *shudder* yeah no, I can't take someone like that seriously. I don't want to.

One of my favorite things about Dr. Stone is that it doesn't take itself too seriously... Guy must of missed the memo. idk. Maybe he's just young/new, like @FuriousNutSlaps said. Might be able to forgive him in that case. We were all dumb noobs at one point in our lives right.

How do you not understand that other people can have their own opinion on things? If they say the show is pretentious and dumb then THEY find it pretentious ad dumb. YOU may not think so and that's completely fine. How did so many people find them helpful? Why not? Are you going to go up to every one of them and tell them to rescind it? Clearly a lot of people felt the same way as their reviews did so they clicked on "helpful". If YOU don't find it helpful then THAT'S FINE. WHO CARES????

So I'll repeat myself: Please never post a stupid thread like this again and stop condescending on people just because they have different opinions to you.

Oh. Here's another tidbit of information. The anime is not pretentious. That word does not mean what people think it means. Pretentiousness stems from vanity and pride, and people act that way so that they may APPEAR intelligent experienced strong or something else of the sort. People aren't pretentious just because someone finds them beyond belief. If that were the case, then practically all knowledge could be considered pretentious at one time or another to someone who simply doesn't know any better. When people misuse words, they lose their value as words. The irony is that people are most commonly pretentious when they are trying to convince others of having similar taste with nothing but careless insults, baseless shit made up on the fly, and learned buzzwords they know nothing about.

Bonus points for anyone that can point out the learned buzzword that was used in the review.

It's super common with hipsters as you'd imagine, but it's also really bad within the anime community. It's like mind-numbing. There is so much learned bullshit that people just regurgitate and expect everyone to just immediately understand and acknowledge even though they don't actually know jack fucking shit about what they are saying. Like, just for instance, how fucking racist sub-elitism has become after their original reasons to exist were resolved through dual language dvds and many years of experience in western voice acting and its direction. That's just the most toxic example, but it doesn't end there.

Also, don't fucking tell me what to fucking do. Who cares? I fucking care that the anime community is so fucking toxic the top reviews for the most popular anime every single season are always trash quality reviews calling a popular anime trash because it is popular.

It's just gross, and I'm ashamed of you guys in all honesty.

Something must be said about this.
Sep 8, 2019 12:53 PM

Jul 2019
Nice post, can't be bothered to read a post but uses time to go onto forums, lol whatever.
See what you said in your latest post proves that you didn't read their review as they explain very well their points, they agreed with the points they made and like raisin-kun said you are in denial. Stop making assumptions like the one on 2nd paragraph, people found those reviews helpful as they reflected well their opinion of the anime, if they agreed with another review they'd consider another review helpful.
Sep 8, 2019 1:00 PM

Jul 2019
jarring said:

Also, don't fucking tell me what to fucking do. Who cares? I fucking care that the anime community is so fucking toxic the top reviews for the most popular anime every single season are always trash quality reviews calling a popular anime trash because it is popular.

LOL unfortunately I see you're biased as you didn't mention the two other reviews that gave it a 9 with no arguments whatsoever too. There's nothing toxic in exposing your opinion through reviews, and both didn't insult anyone, though you did calling them neckbeards earlier.
*Insert you have become the very thing you swore to destroy meme*
Sep 8, 2019 1:08 PM
Jul 2018
Fakegoose said:
I don't read reviews because I don't care what a random individual whom I've never met thinks about a show, I'm more interested in the total rating.

So instead what's important to you is what a group of individuals whom you've never met think about a show?
Sep 8, 2019 1:18 PM
Dec 2018
A vast majority of the reviews on this website is just as bullshit as they say the anime they are "reviewing" is.
Sep 8, 2019 1:31 PM

Jul 2017
white_cat22 said:
Fakegoose said:

So instead what's important to you is what a group of individuals whom you've never met think about a show?

basically, there is less bias and it gives me a more clear understanding of what I should expect.

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Sep 8, 2019 1:36 PM
Dec 2018
beminim said:
MajinSage said:
I don't get it why People review an Anime Before Its Finished.
well that's An Exception one Piece is So long 900 episode Its More than Enough To Give Our opinion about It, while on the Other hand People Review Anime with Only 4-5 episodes released.
What i meant was, people should take some Time To Review Any Anime. atleat 1 Season
Sep 8, 2019 1:41 PM
Jul 2018
BiDiGiN said:
Nice post, can't be bothered to read a post but uses time to go onto forums, lol whatever.
See what you said in your latest post proves that you didn't read their review as they explain very well their points, they agreed with the points they made and like raisin-kun said you are in denial. Stop making assumptions like the one on 2nd paragraph, people found those reviews helpful as they reflected well their opinion of the anime, if they agreed with another review they'd consider another review helpful.

No. I read to a point where I need not read any more to understand what they are trying to say. I speed read most things, like. I didn't digest every single word you said. However, I did read enough to a point that I get the gist of what you're trying to say. IDK if I would go so far as to say I fully understand your internet persona and your intentions with your posts. If I were to guess, you're probably trying to imitate maturity with some twisted form of discipline learned from an effeminate father figure lol. i mean that's what you sound like you're trying to be. An effeminate father figure that takes advantage of whatever opening they can find. Like, you ADMITTED you didn't read all of what I said! That MUST mean EVERYTHING you say is NULL and VOID. Like, the most infantile argument I can imagine. I mean, I guess it would just be too much to ask for you to come up with an actual response to my posts. Just ignore everything I say. I admitted it, I didn't read everything you said so apparently you think you can just say whatever delusional thing you want like "hur dur reviews make valid points and have evidence you can no read good"

I read very well. I just don't need to read every last piece of regurgitated garbage people think they can spoon feed me with.

At this point, it's almost entertaining. I mean, I've found some of the stuff I've said to be pretty funny. Like that one line about clowns awhile back I liked a lot.

But anyways, yeah. When I say I didn't read all of it, all that means is that I didn't read every last word, and it wasn't necessary to study it to understand the gist of what was said. Like, why would I need to read the entire review or your entire post when the only descriptive word the review uses is trash or garbage, and all you say is "review good" "you bad" "you naughty" "you no do this" "important i say so" "i effeminate moron"
Sep 8, 2019 1:42 PM
Jul 2018
MajinSage said:
beminim said:
well that's An Exception one Piece is So long 900 episode Its More than Enough To Give Our opinion about It, while on the Other hand People Review Anime with Only 4-5 episodes released.
What i meant was, people should take some Time To Review Any Anime. atleat 1 Season
I have never written a review, but to certain extent, everyone can have opinions on why a show is bad or good. Yes you may not agree with the reviews, but the show still has a fairly good score so i have no idea why you're worrying so much. It is less dropped than fireforce it seems.
Sep 8, 2019 1:53 PM
Jul 2018
BiDiGiN said:
jarring said:

LOL unfortunately I see you're biased as you didn't mention the two other reviews that gave it a 9 with no arguments whatsoever too. There's nothing toxic in exposing your opinion through reviews, and both didn't insult anyone, though you did calling them neckbeards earlier.
*Insert you have become the very thing you swore to destroy meme*

Bias is using subjective words like good or bad to describe shit you fucking mongoloid. Someone isn't biased just because they aren't talking about literally any other fucking thing in existence like for example the diarrhea you call a response.
Sep 8, 2019 3:10 PM

Aug 2017
Did u even read Pragyan1's review? Or just ask him.

@Pragyan1

"I guess the second review being what it was didn't help either. I'm just going to assume that one was also meant to be a joke because of the first one."

"Whether or not he's serious, I'm going to take him as a joke."

LOL.

It's called having a different opinion. You seem pretty triggered, calm down.
NurguburuSep 8, 2019 3:25 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 8, 2019 3:31 PM
Jul 2018
Nurguburu said:
Did u even read Pragyan1's review? Or just ask him.

@Pragyan1

"I guess the second review being what it was didn't help either. I'm just going to assume that one was also meant to be a joke because of the first one."

"Whether or not he's serious, I'm going to take him as a joke."

LOL.

It's called having a different opinion.

fucking genius! Except, this opinion misuses a word to describe all its fault. I've seen opinions more accurately describing romances being shit for not having any action sequences or power levels.

Everyone is tripping over their own lack of a vocabulary today it seems. I've explained many times the correct usage of pretentious as well as why it doesn't make sense to describe this anime as such.

If Senku's inventions always managed to fail, yeah, he'd might be a little bit pretentious lol.

The anime itSELF might be pretentious if Senku's character was meant to be taken seriously as a smart guy that people can relate to. Like, there are a lot of anime like this that enjoy a fair amount of success. Classroom of the elite is a fairly popular one that aired recently. Like, it's a "smart" anime people watch to feel "smart". Aguu: Genius Dolls is another example of a really fucking shit one. Death Note is probably the most well known. Like, everything about that anime appeals to rebellious know-it-all teenagers that want to feel smart when they relate to Light Yagami.

Ok. Now that I've explained Pretentious anime, maybe you can figure out what's next.

Do I have to explain how to use the word in real life too? Let me know because that's a hell of a lot different as it is much... MUCH more common in real life.
Sep 8, 2019 3:46 PM

Jul 2019
@jarring

And I thought adults were mature beings, anyways I can start insulting you like a retard for no absolute reason too, it isn't a privilege only close-minded brainless persons like you have. I suppose I'm trying to imitate maturity and you're imitating your drunk dad when he used to come back from work to beat the shit out of you, I mean that's definitively how aggressive you sound.

It seems you also do not know how to fucking read english and started implying tons of things, I mean I didn't expect anymore from such a close-minded brainless person as you.

Actually I can't continue writing like that, I didn't know being a retard was that hard, good job shitposting my dude.

Anyways the fact you still deny those two reviews contain actual reasons to dislike the anime is beyond me, what I meant when I said you clearly didn't read their reviews correctly is that you don't read anything correctly lol as you keep responding to things I never said and think that everything I said can be resumed in "review good" "you bad" "you naughty" "you no do this" "important i say so" "i effeminate moron".

Also descriptive words can also be expanded upon and become what we call full-on sentences, instead of reading every words one by one, read the sentences, that'd help you understand the real gist of the posts.

Here's the definition of bias because you definitively do not know what it means:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bias

I won't bother responding to you, you're way too emotive for someone your age, I hope you take some time to realized how your using your life right now and try to find a way to stop being a failure, I usually try to be polite when engaging with people but you definitively are a huge piece of shit, smh you call this community toxic.
Sep 8, 2019 4:43 PM
Jul 2018
BiDiGiN said:
@jarring

And I thought adults were mature beings, anyways I can start insulting you like a retard for no absolute reason too, it isn't a privilege only close-minded brainless persons like you have. I suppose I'm trying to imitate maturity and you're imitating your drunk dad when he used to come back from work to beat the shit out of you, I mean that's definitively how aggressive you sound.

It seems you also do not know how to fucking read english and started implying tons of things, I mean I didn't expect anymore from such a close-minded brainless person as you.

Actually I can't continue writing like that, I didn't know being a retard was that hard, good job shitposting my dude.

Anyways the fact you still deny those two reviews contain actual reasons to dislike the anime is beyond me, what I meant when I said you clearly didn't read their reviews correctly is that you don't read anything correctly lol as you keep responding to things I never said and think that everything I said can be resumed in "review good" "you bad" "you naughty" "you no do this" "important i say so" "i effeminate moron".

Also descriptive words can also be expanded upon and become what we call full-on sentences, instead of reading every words one by one, read the sentences, that'd help you understand the real gist of the posts.

Here's the definition of bias because you definitively do not know what it means:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bias

I won't bother responding to you, you're way too emotive for someone your age, I hope you take some time to realized how your using your life right now and try to find a way to stop being a failure, I usually try to be polite when engaging with people but you definitively are a huge piece of shit, smh you call this community toxic.

Oh boy I'm only 2 sentences in, and I can already tell I'm in for a treat. You really tried didn't you. lol. Commendable. Like, I'm already impressed, and I like you twice as much as I did before regardless of being a complete moron who is fumbling over what little vocabulary you've managed to accumulate so far.

omgggg I just looked at your profile and saw your age. It's really hard to explain the feeling i'm having right now, but it's basically like, "adorable", but not in a patronizing way, that would be mean and kind of pretentious actually. When I realized you were just a kid, it just made sense for you to have a fair amount of naivety. Something like that is just inevitable, everyone your age is going to be naive in certain aspects. Shit, I am still naive in certain ways. There's always room to grow and gain more experience. I assumed you were pretty young, but I didn't actually know...ya know. It's possible you could be just as old as me. After a certain point, people don't really get that much more intelligent with age. All age really accounts for is experience. So the younger you are, the more naive. Like I saw it, just didn't really think much of it, it didn't mean anything when I didn't actually know how old you were.

Let me just say that now that I know your age, I have a lot more respect for you. Especially because you're genuinely trying to confront me the best you can. I could dissect every little thing you said, but despite what you may think, I find no enjoyment out of picking on little kids. Instead I might explain myself in certain areas you might be interested in hearing.

Where you might think I am "aggressive" I'm actually just confident that I know what I'm talking about. I wouldn't be able to make so many harsh criticisms if they held no weight.

I've explained how objectively shit these reviews are so many times in this thread, I'm honestly getting tired of it.

How about this. Look through the review and try to find a descriptive word the author uses that could be taken out of context and used to describe something else that's NOT entirely negative.

I think that's a good exercise to find bias. Most times if all descriptive words can be taken out of context and used in a way that isn't entirely negative, it's a good sign of being unbiased.

Words like "garbage", "bad", "horse-shit awful", "stupid", "dreadful", "terrible", etc. etc.

After removing all of these emotional buzzwords, everything else becomes pretty shallow. Like, none of it actually holds any weight. I'm sure he and many others might believe something like that to be true, but that's not why he made the review. I'm sure he might even believe he made that review because he actually just thinks the anime is shit and it's that simple.
But it's not.

He made this review in spite of the mainstream or popularity.

He even talks about it in the review. Like, he just doesn't get how this anime is so popular! Just woosh! over his head!

He even compares some aspect to Dumbells(which I absolutely love btw) saying it's better or whatever, which I'm not sure if I agree with, I mean how could Dr. Stone possibly get so much more attention!? INCONCEIVABLE

He's just whining that this anime is getting attention. Infantile.

On the other-hand I made a thread in disgust of the number of people that found it helpful.

Believe what you want.
Oh just in case you were wondering, past a specific point in this latest response to me, I did not take anything you said seriously and just gave you a free pass in light of your age.

The fact that you tried to stand up to me means more than you know. I might could find things to respond just as or more harshly as i have before, but I don't like to pick on people half my age.
Sep 8, 2019 5:19 PM
Jul 2018
Just for clarification if anyone wants to know what anime I'm caught up with, here's a list. I'm just going to copy and paste titles from MAL.

Dr. Stone
Enen no Shouboutai
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II
Vinland Saga
Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou
Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru?
Tsuujou Kougeki ga Zentai Kougeki de Ni-kai Kougeki no Okaasan wa Suki Desu ka?
Isekai Cheat Magician
Tejina-senpai
Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo.
Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 2
Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai.
Kanata no Astra
Maou-sama, Retry!
Sounan Desu ka?
Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e
Nakanohito Genome [Jikkyouchuu]
Joshikousei no Mudazukai
Machikado Mazoku
Black Clover
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Fruits Basket (2019)
Carole & Tuesday
Diamond no Ace: Act II
Mix

That's about it. There's about 5 or so anime that I'm about 6 or so episodes deep into or 3-6 episodes behind on that I do still plan on eventually catching up on and finishing.

These anime are:

Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note
Kawaikereba Hentai demo Suki ni Natte Kuremasu ka? MAYBE
Cop Craft
Bem
Fairy Tail: Final Series
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations MAYBE

Not including these last few I'm only a few episodes behind on, I'm caught up with 26 anime.

I did not make this thread because I think "it's completely ridiculous someone could have an opinion that's different than mine"

I made this thread because these particular reviews and others like them that tend to only be concerned with trashing popular anime is illogical, childish, and straight up shameful of the anime community for encouraging and upvoting them.

It just makes me wonder how much trouble it would be to rate all the other anime I'm watching if it was so easy to give the most popular anime of the season ratings between the absolute worst of the worst to average piece of shit.
Sep 8, 2019 5:28 PM

Aug 2018
After reading the top 1 review I can totally relate to the guy who wrote it , so it's not a joke , he is just realistic about how bad the anime is

"I want to show that woman the true Yoshikage Kira. I want her to hear how I feel deep inside. That I want to take your slender neck into these hands and strangle you to death."

Sep 8, 2019 5:44 PM
Jul 2018
Lonely_Ronin123 said:
After reading the top 1 review I can totally relate to the guy who wrote it , so it's not a joke , he is just realistic about how bad the anime is

So I guess you are in agreement that Dumbells is the more polished anime deserving of best anime of the season like the guy who wrote it?

lol. I mean, I love dumbells and all. Just kind of hilarious that's the anime he chose to compare it to.
Sep 8, 2019 5:48 PM

Aug 2018
jarring said:
Lonely_Ronin123 said:

So I guess you are in agreement that Dumbells is the more polished anime deserving of best anime of the season like the guy who wrote it?

lol. I mean, I love dumbells and all. Just kind of hilarious that's the anime he chose to compare it to.

Didn't watch that , and I never will..

"I want to show that woman the true Yoshikage Kira. I want her to hear how I feel deep inside. That I want to take your slender neck into these hands and strangle you to death."

Sep 8, 2019 5:53 PM
Jul 2018
Lonely_Ronin123 said:
jarring said:

So what anime airing this season do you think Dr. Stone stole the spotlight from?
Sep 8, 2019 6:01 PM

Aug 2018
jarring said:
Lonely_Ronin123 said:

So what anime airing this season do you think Dr. Stone stole the spotlight from?

"Stole" I only watched a few anime of this season. Best anime of this season imo is Vinland Saga , but idc about that stuff bcz I'm not really a seasonal watcher.

Sep 8, 2019 6:05 PM
Jul 2018
Lonely_Ronin123 said:
jarring said:

"Stole" I only watched a few anime of this season. Best anime of this season imo is Vinland Saga , but idc about that stuff bcz I'm not really a seasonal watcher.

I see. Vinland Saga is pretty damned good.

Btw I was being sarcastic. Like, normally when someone talks shit on popular anime, like is the case with the guy who wrote that review, it's because they don't think it deserves as much popularity or praise as ~insert random anime here~.
For this guy's case it was Dumbell.

It's the same story every fucking time, and it's getting played out. You'd think people would grow up.
Sep 8, 2019 6:14 PM

Aug 2018
jarring said:
Lonely_Ronin123 said:

Btw I was being sarcastic. Like, normally when someone talks shit on popular anime, like is the case with the guy who wrote that review, it's because they don't think it deserves as much popularity or praise as ~insert random anime here~.

It's the same story every fucking time, and it's getting played out. You'd think people would grow up.

Ah I see , I don't get it tho , it's popular bcz majority of people like it , so logically it deserves to be popular.Anyway I just don't like it personally but I'm not "shitting" on it just bcz of that

Sep 8, 2019 6:21 PM
Jul 2018
Lonely_Ronin123 said:
jarring said:

Ah I see , I don't get it tho , it's popular bcz majority of people like it , so logically it deserves to be popular.Anyway I just don't like it personally but I'm not "shitting" on it just bcz of that

shrug. no big deal. I'm just not a fan of how the most popular anime of the season always get 2 shit reviews that are considered "the most helpful" out of all of them. Like, every single time without fail.

Fandom is toxic, and I don't like what it's become.
That's just one aspect though. Like I've said before in this thread, the most toxic part of the fandom is in how racist sub-elitism has become after its main reasons for existing were resolved(dual language dvds and many years of experience voice acting and directing in the west). ya know like.. wasn't always racist. but nooowwwadays.
Sep 8, 2019 7:04 PM

Aug 2017
jarring said:
Lonely_Ronin123 said:

shrug. no big deal. I'm just not a fan of how the most popular anime of the season always get 2 shit reviews that are considered "the most helpful" out of all of them. Like, every single time without fail.

That's just one aspect though. Like I've said before in this thread, the most toxic part of the fandom is in how racist sub-elitism has become after its main reasons for existing were resolved(dual language dvds and many years of experience voice acting and directing in the west). ya know like.. wasn't always racist. but nooowwwadays.

Elitism is just a vocal minority in the fandom. It's shitting people for liking certain shows, not criticising shows for being bad. Fanboyism is the real ploblem here. And I'm surprised that this thread is not deleted yet.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 8, 2019 7:27 PM
Jul 2018
Nurguburu said:
jarring said:

Elitism is just a vocal minority in the fandom. It's shitting people for liking certain shows, not criticising shows for being bad. Fanboyism is the real ploblem here. And I'm surprised that this thread is not deleted yet.

minority? how? bro, it's so bad some people are genuinely afraid to even mention they enjoy dubs in fear of being flamed.

Why would the thread ever be deleted?

I'm talking about a real problem here.

Or do you think it's perfectly normal for the most popular anime to get reviews that trash it every single season without fail? Like, put Dr. Stone further down the list so that it doesn't appear as the first anime on the list of the season and it'd never have those reviews.

Actually nevermind. Wow. It's been awhile since I've been here at MAL and I'm just now noticing the reviews for the anime this season are pretty much universally trash across the entire list.

When did this start happening? Cuz I don't remember it always being like this. I don't think the quality in anime has dropped really. From what I'm noticing, it's just the reviews that's changed.

These reviews don't make any sense at all lmao.

Like is there a new fad or something where everyone is trying super hard to give harsh criticism to anime?

The fuck these people giving scores of 5 to anime do they even know what an average anime looks like? how much anime they watch? Why they think this shit is average when they finish like 3 anime max every season.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

79 by ame »»
1 minute ago

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 10 minutes ago

2 by ame »»
3 minutes ago

» For those who ever rewatch anything, are there any anime you can't really casually rewatch in whole or in part due to intensity?

WatchTillTandava - 9 hours ago

13 by perseii »»
14 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 11 hours ago

28 by Kenzolo-folk »»
20 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Yesterday

21 by L0bsterman »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.