Forum Settings
Forums

Do you ever wonder if someone you've insulted online has killed themselves?

New
Sep 6, 2019 10:40 AM

Sep 2018
Not saying that your insult specifically made them kill themselves, just like, ever wondered if, in the history of your online social life, someone you bullied/talked shit to/made fun of/flamed, whatever, eventually killed themselves?

i mean i do that plenty and i'm not usually sorry. but idk, i just have that thought sometimes
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 6, 2019 10:42 AM

Apr 2013
I just wonder if most of the folks I once knew online are still alive lol, wonder if those I forgot wonder the same as well.

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Sep 6, 2019 11:08 AM
Feb 2017
I do sometimes, and it makes me feel guilty for saying what I say. That's why I try and am still trying to learn to have a cool head in situations that annoy me.
Sep 6, 2019 11:12 AM

Aug 2018
Nope, I hardly give a moment of thought to people I'm not fond of online. Apathy would best describe my feelings.
<Insert clever quote>
Sep 6, 2019 11:17 AM

Jan 2019
I never make it a habit to sling insults around on the web, but even if somebody did kill themselves as a reaction to a comment I placed on their profile or whatever I don't think I could possibly shoulder the blame for it since that person must have been mentally unstable to begin with. If it wasn't my insulting remark that pushed them over the edge it would have been the next keyboard warrior's insult 10 minutes later.
Sep 6, 2019 1:21 PM
Aug 2019
Can’t say that I do or have really no because I never insult anyone online as it is anyway, period :-/
Sep 6, 2019 1:31 PM

Feb 2015
I don't think so, at least not for anything I've said to them specifically, but having been on the internet for 15+ years now, I guess there's the possibility for it to have happened? It's not something I ever think about. There's plenty of unstable people, but it can be hard to tell without knowing them in person.
Sep 6, 2019 1:32 PM

Aug 2012
No, because I only insult people who are beyond help anyway. I save the cusses for the horrible people to grant them weight. If you call everyone a motherfucker, then calling a terrible person a cunt wouldn't matter to him.
Sep 6, 2019 1:48 PM

Jul 2015
if someone kills themselves because they felt bad about an insult on MAL, they were just as irredeemable as I thought they were when I insulted them.

I'm not wasting a second thought about that one.
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
Sep 6, 2019 1:59 PM

Jun 2016
Never told anyone to do that and I don't intend to (except all the times I've told @Yarub ofc).
But if the thought of telling someone to off themselves would cross my mind, chances are they're so miserable that they would probably do it eventually without me swaying them anywho, so no need for that.
Sep 6, 2019 2:24 PM

Mar 2019
That'd be something I'd come close to maniacally cackle about. The sheer thought of ridding the world of the weak-minded man so influenced by words by words alone is delicious. Such would my power over this weakling be that with mere words I can make him take his own live; I need not even kill him to cleanse this world of his existence, for he is so beneath me that does the dirty work himself.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Sep 6, 2019 3:45 PM

Aug 2009
Eh. Survival of the fittest I guess.

Sep 6, 2019 4:41 PM

Mar 2014
If they did then they're one weak fuck. I don't think so though. Most of the fucks I've flamed were on RuneScape and back in the day you had to have a thick skin. This is true even today with OSRS.
“Loddfafnir, listen to my counsel: You will fare well if you follow it, It will help you much if you heed it. If aware that another is wicked, say so: Make no truce or treaty with foes.” - Havamal 127
Sep 6, 2019 4:42 PM

Feb 2019
Biggest of Fs if that ever happened in the years I've spent on the internet, but I mean, if someone did off themselves because of a mean thing a stranger said through a screen, they weren't much of a keeper anyways.
Sep 6, 2019 4:58 PM

Nov 2013
I rarely insult people online, and I'm more likely to be passive aggressive about it. If someone were to kill themselves, anything I would have done would be inconsequential to whatever issues they were facing.
There is a difference between simply insulting someone and being a bully, and people know what their intentions are.

I can see you

Sep 6, 2019 6:28 PM

Oct 2015
I can't say I go around insulting people, but I like to be especially careful towards those who are obviously depressed/suicidal. Better to be safe than sorry ^^'
I mean, if I did say something rude then I doubt they'd kill themselves because of it. That doesn't mean it's okay to add fuel to the fire, though x-x
Sep 6, 2019 6:53 PM

Jul 2019
Its really hard for me to insult people However, if i have had in the past or if ever did then i would feel guilty and bad about myself.

Build The Cities (Empire Of Sound) [feat. Kerli]
Tristam x Karma Fields

00:58━━━━⬤━━━━━━━━━━━━━04:01
⇆ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵◃ ❚❚ ▹ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵↻
Sep 6, 2019 7:03 PM
Jul 2018
i wouldn't say i have thought about this. these days i don't really say that type of stuff anyway. the most of it probably happened back in the day on world of warcraft, sitting around durotar dueling. in those days (before saying anything 0.0000001% politically incorrect was grounds for instant ban) it was like a rite of passage almost. im sure other people feel the same way about this kind of thing (i saw someone above mention runescape and despite never playing it ive heard a lot of people say the mid 2000s call of duty voices lobbies "turned boys into men" lmao) and i honestly doubt many people took this kind of banter too seriously. i mean for sure it never affected me in any way other than making me want to get better at the game which i eventually did lol.

it's very easy to be negative but im finding more these days it's easy to be positive too. as im sure many others are, im fairly conditioned to the internet being a toxic wasteland by now, but i find it's not actually not hard to ignore negativity, while at the same time even a small positive action/effort still has a noticeable impact.

Sep 6, 2019 7:36 PM

Mar 2014
oh well, if they take online stuff seriously, then they're to blame. if you're not ready to bear the consequences, don't take the action.
Sep 6, 2019 7:51 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
This is a significant factor to why I'm so anti-outrage culture. Setting aside the fact that the vast majority of the time the person being targeted is usually innocent or didn't even do anything all that bad; you have no idea what their mental health is like behind the scenes. And for someone struggling with mental health issues, a relentless shit storm of hate is easily enough to set them off and cause them to commit suicide (same goes for severe bullying of any sort). Now obviously if someone is like a literal murderer or pedophile or something I won't be shedding a tear over their death anytime soon; but that's virtually never the case which is why it's so fucked up that so many people are so lacking in empathy now a days that they're willing to do this to others. If you take part in outrage culture you're human garbage and fully deserve the shitty miserable life you probably have; I wish nothing but the worst for these people. They're the scum of the earth and when I see how deeply unhappy so many of these people often are; it truly brings me the upmost joy.

Treat others as you'd like to be treated. I don't know why this is such a fucking hard a concept to grasp. Not gonna blame somebody for getting in a heat spat on the internet, it happens to all of us. But it's no longer something we try to avoid and accidentally get pulled into now and then. It's now something we actively seek out. And it's doing serious damage to my once optimistic, now much more cynical view, of whether people are inherently good or inherently bad.
Sep 6, 2019 8:00 PM

Mar 2008
I've had worse things said to me than I've said to anyone so it's not as likely someone would kill themselves over something I said though it's always a possability which is why I avoid telling people to kill themselves even if they are pretty aweful since I often try to hold some hope they can change. A lot of people I don't like I don't want dead just disagree with them or want them to become better people and sometimes I even feel sympathy for why they became how they are. Though some are totally a lost cause and I would be glad they can't hurt anyone once they are dead.
Sep 6, 2019 8:14 PM

Sep 2018
I try to avoid saying mean things to people online, just because I’m anonymous doesn’t mean I can be an asshole to people. But I do wonder what internet friends I’ve lost contact with years ago are up to now
Sep 6, 2019 8:20 PM

Jun 2016
I don't insult people, you shouldn't either, everyone has problems, everyone can breakdown like glass, hurtful words can be even more dangerous than violence...

Be nice to everyone, you'll find yourself helping and making others days without even realizing it :D
Sep 6, 2019 8:26 PM

Jan 2019
Not sure about anyone I've insulted but I definitely wonder this about a few people I've interacted with online that have been totally silent for years.

also lmao at everyone in this thread acting like they're hard as fuck calling suicide victims weak.
Sep 6, 2019 8:29 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
With all these edgy comments in this thread it will be a pure miracle if you manage to submit yours without cutting yourself.
Sep 6, 2019 8:34 PM

Nov 2011
If I insult them, I probably won't care if they die.

Sep 6, 2019 9:08 PM
Jul 2018
Never insulted people online before, but even if I did and they killed themselves, I probably wouldn't care that much since :

- I probably already dislike you on a pretty strong level if I bother to throw insults.
- I find it hard to care about strangers or people I am not close to, sorry.
Sep 6, 2019 9:13 PM

Sep 2012
I highly doubt they have. The only time I've ever aggressively insulted people (in recent memory) are in moba games, and the majority of moba players are a bit battle-hardened.

Plus, if my comment didn't trigger it, then someone else would have been the straw that broke the camel's back. It's completely pointless to focus on cause and effect when dealing with this kind of topic.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Sep 6, 2019 9:36 PM

Sep 2018
I'm not really trying to imply a situation like, "i called this person an idiot and 2 days later they shot themselves bc I called them an idiot", or I mean, insert a more dramatic insult, whatever

also I have never and would never tell someone to go kill themselves, and nobody should do that, that's just crossing a line in my opinion

but it's just like, the people that illicit the most aggravation and hatred from the internet are usually mentally inequipped, to some degree, or by some definition, to deal with shit. that's why the things they say behind the safety of the screen are usually so enraging.

so sometimes I wonder, that guy that I told off at whatever time, and who's probably been told off by a million other people, all these months later, is that person still alive? did the type of reaction they got from people online feed into their cycle of depression/anger/hatred/isolation/whatever, eventually causing their suicide?

I mean of course that person I am describing is definitely largely responsible for this status of being despied through their own actions and words....

I guess what I'm really getting it is just considering the "outrage" culture (as someone put it, good term after all) we have on social media/forums and how bad it is for our mental health.

I don't use facebook/twitter/any of that shit any more because people would constantly piss me off in this way, and I realized that spending time being angry about it was such a waste of energy

but yet, here i am, on MAL, finding that 9/10 times I interact on the forum I end up having that irritated/enraged/fucking eyeroll reaction to posts and users.

by my own logic it's my own fault for this, so i guess the conclusion i'm reaching is: why the fuck am I using MAL at all?
Sep 6, 2019 10:38 PM

Sep 2012
Si-Ran said:
I guess what I'm really getting it is just considering the "outrage" culture (as someone put it, good term after all) we have on social media/forums and how bad it is for our mental health.

I don't use facebook/twitter/any of that shit any more because people would constantly piss me off in this way, and I realized that spending time being angry about it was such a waste of energy

but yet, here i am, on MAL, finding that 9/10 times I interact on the forum I end up having that irritated/enraged/fucking eyeroll reaction to posts and users.

by my own logic it's my own fault for this, so i guess the conclusion i'm reaching is: why the fuck am I using MAL at all?
One reason I do occasionally come back to forums in particular, despite them being pretty dated, is that lesser form of anonymity that tends to keep people a little bit more responsible for what they say.

If you aren't careful about who you follow on Twitter, you come to notice all the embarrassing political shit spewing and this so called "outrage culture" that is more than likely inflated by the anonymity people have gotten way too used to. My twitter account is now in the process of purging all that garbage from it's timeline.

Most of the internet is subject to this to some extent, which is I've grown to put a lot less value on internet communication in general. I still use it occasionally though, because hey, social animals gotta socialize, and when you're social options are limited for whatever reason, you just take what you get.

Anyways, to address the original topic, you really can't let yourself worry about people like that. You should really only focus on the people close to you and yourself, because they are the only people you can reasonably affect in any meaningful way. Tragedies happen everywhere and frequently, so if you focus on stuff that you logically can not fault yourself for, then you're wasting time and energy.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Sep 6, 2019 11:08 PM

Feb 2017
I do wonder.

Im going to be honest. i used to be a very toxic player on online multiplayer games during my angsty teenage days. ive insulted people in all imaginable way possible to make them feel like shit and have even literally told people to just die and commit suicide. I was a stupid teen those days who didnt realized the weight of his words until someone did the same to me.

These days i try not to engage in arguments and if i feel like i'l end up fighting them i just put them on my ignore list and move on. Though sometimes i still do end up going to my old ways but i always,always watch my words. if i end up saying something very rude anyways, i apologize to them later.

Sep 6, 2019 11:12 PM

Jan 2009
thats why im usually not using insulting words online and try to use euphemism more, i usually use insulting words as a retaliation
Sep 7, 2019 3:11 AM

Jan 2009
I'm appalled about the lack of compassion here. Even more so, when it comes from users who are also strongly against death penalty. Now naturally, there must be some sort of mental self-defense that prevents people from grieving about others with whom they didn't even have anything to do. However, it's a bit awful imho to not give anything about people you've conversed to. Sometimes I wonder whether people are even aware and fully conscious about the fact that the users they're writing to are real people.
Sep 7, 2019 3:19 AM
May 2019
I find it hard to believe that anyone would commit suicide cause some random MAL user insulted them.
Sep 7, 2019 3:36 AM

Jan 2009
Xstasy said:
I find it hard to believe that anyone would commit suicide cause some random MAL user insulted them.
You can never know how sensitive others are. Besides, even if insults may not be the (direct) cause, this can still push people further into a corner. Especially when those people feel like they don't have anyone who listens to and/or cares about them.
Sep 7, 2019 4:26 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Noboru said:
I'm appalled about the lack of compassion here. Even more so, when it comes from users who are also strongly against death penalty. Now naturally, there must be some sort of mental self-defense that prevents people from grieving about others with whom they didn't even have anything to do

People have two sides, a natural one that is almost unable to be changed and a fabricated, very flexible one which adapts in a way that is based on our society, political or religious beliefs, etc. We often use the world "personality" to describe the former but the truth is that the majority of people are trying to hide their true nature by constructing a more modest and fitting self. However since the situation described in this thread is not something that society, laws, religion or almost any adopted set of beliefs teaches us to be compassionate about they no longer feel the need to hide this true nature.

This explains why some people in this thread consider insulting war victims to be an unforgivable sin but do not care if some of the people they've insulted on the internet commits suicide. They weren't driven by compassion in the first place. Their "compassion" is being used as a currency to buy them social status and people's approval. There's nothing to be appalled by here.
149597871Sep 7, 2019 4:44 AM
Sep 7, 2019 4:45 AM

Aug 2012
149597871 said:
Noboru said:
I'm appalled about the lack of compassion here. Even more so, when it comes from users who are also strongly against death penalty. Now naturally, there must be some sort of mental self-defense that prevents people from grieving about others with whom they didn't even have anything to do

People have two sides, a natural one that is almost unable to be changed and a fabricated, very flexible one which adapts in a way that is based on our society, political or religious beliefs, etc. We often use the world "personality" to describe the former but the truth is that the majority of people are trying to hide their true nature by constructing a more modest and fitting self. However since the situation described in this thread is not something that society, laws, religion or almost any adopted set of beliefs teaches us to be compassionate about they no longer feel the need to hide their true nature.

This will explain why some people in this thread consider insulting war victims to be an unforgivable sin but do not care if some of the people they've insulted on the internet commits suicide. They weren't driven by compassion in the first place. Their "compassion" is being used as a currency to buy them social status and people's approval. There's nothing to be appalled by here.
Humans are all evil creatures, blah blah, intrinsic interest in furthering societal admiration, yada yada, we get it. The point of the matter is as follows: People don't actually believe that other people would commit suicide over some random comment, people are much more desensitized to online identities because they are superfluous unless you put in effort, and lastly, people don't give a shit if you are a special snowflake; if you are liable to killing yourself online for random reasons, you'd probably be dead long before that happens anyway.

Tmw you present something as complex but isn't anymore technical than day-to-day fragments of life.
Sep 7, 2019 5:19 AM

Jul 2015
149597871 said:
Noboru said:

People have two sides, a natural one that is almost unable to be changed and a fabricated, very flexible one which adapts in a way that is based on our society, political or religious beliefs, etc. We often use the world "personality" to describe the former but the truth is that the majority of people are trying to hide their true nature by constructing a more modest and fitting self. However since the situation described in this thread is not something that society, laws, religion or almost any adopted set of beliefs teaches us to be compassionate about they no longer feel the need to hide this true nature.

This explains why some people in this thread consider insulting war victims to be an unforgivable sin but do not care if some of the people they've insulted on the internet commits suicide. They weren't driven by compassion in the first place. Their "compassion" is being used as a currency to buy them social status and people's approval. There's nothing to be appalled by here.
Or, I don't know, maybe there is a difference between insulting war victims and merely insulting an anynomymous person on the internet for what we assume to be good reasons, which might or might not be a small contributor to that persons potential suicide.

Ah no, that can't be it. They're the same and people are just hypocritical. Yah, that makes perfect sense. I have a brain the size of a flea!

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

Sep 7, 2019 5:24 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Yarub said:
149597871 said:

People have two sides, a natural one that is almost unable to be changed and a fabricated, very flexible one which adapts in a way that is based on our society, political or religious beliefs, etc. We often use the world "personality" to describe the former but the truth is that the majority of people are trying to hide their true nature by constructing a more modest and fitting self. However since the situation described in this thread is not something that society, laws, religion or almost any adopted set of beliefs teaches us to be compassionate about they no longer feel the need to hide their true nature.

This will explain why some people in this thread consider insulting war victims to be an unforgivable sin but do not care if some of the people they've insulted on the internet commits suicide. They weren't driven by compassion in the first place. Their "compassion" is being used as a currency to buy them social status and people's approval. There's nothing to be appalled by here.
Humans are all evil creatures, blah blah, intrinsic interest in furthering societal admiration, yada yada, we get it. The point of the matter is as follows: People don't actually believe that other people would commit suicide over some random comment, people are much more desensitized to online identities because they are superfluous unless you put in effort, and lastly, people don't give a shit if you are a special snowflake; if you are liable to killing yourself online for random reasons, you'd probably be dead long before that happens anyway.

Tmw you present something as complex but isn't anymore technical than day-to-day fragments of life.

I wouldn't call someone "evil" even if they belong to the group of people I described. I won't judge them for their lack of believe or knowledge in something that isn't that uncommon in our world or the fact that they don't care about random people on the internet either. Their hypocritical nature is something worth mentioning though as well as giving people a proper explanation for these phenomena.

Railey2 said:
Or, I don't know, maybe there is a difference between insulting war victims and merely insulting an anynomymous person on the internet for what we assume to be good reasons, which might or might not be a small contributor to that persons potential suicide.

The anonymous person can be anyone including a war victim.
149597871Sep 7, 2019 5:28 AM
Sep 7, 2019 5:46 AM

Jul 2015
149597871 said:
Railey2 said:

but of course the implication was that you insult the war victim for something related to being a war victim. If a war victim is coming on here and talks shit about how all women should be servants to men, or about how homosexuality is a sin, then insulting them is again completely fair. And of course you know that, so idk why you're pretending otherwise.

But I already know that you can't not be dishonest.

Sep 7, 2019 6:24 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Railey2 said:
149597871 said:

but of course the implication was that you insult the war victim for something related to being a war victim. If a war victim is coming on here and talks shit about how all women should be servants to men, or about how homosexuality is a sin, then insulting them is again completely fair. And of course you know that, so idk why you're pretending otherwise.

That's a good point, but I don't consider calling someone or his beliefs unreasonable to be an insult, especially if you bring good arguments to support your statement.

However, if you start talking about mental illnesses, daddy issues and telling them to kill themselves because their life sucks, etc. that would be another story and some of these insults can be indeed related to a past incident.

But I already know that you can't not be dishonest.

I'll assume that means that I can't be honest.
Sep 7, 2019 6:35 AM

Aug 2018
149597871 said:

People have two sides, a natural one that is almost unable to be changed and a fabricated, very flexible one which adapts in a way that is based on our society, political or religious beliefs, etc. We often use the world "personality" to describe the former but the truth is that the majority of people are trying to hide their true nature by constructing a more modest and fitting self.

Did you mean latter? Personality comes from the Greek word "persona", meaning "mask" so it's our personality that's flexible and fabricated.
But yes I agree with you on the two sides thing, we have our true self and what we show to others. People often use the phrase "I hate myself", here the I represents their true self and "myself" the part that they show to the world.
<Insert clever quote>
Sep 7, 2019 6:45 AM

Jul 2015
I've never wondered, but instead hoped.
Sep 7, 2019 6:47 AM

Aug 2012
-InfiniteLoop- said:
149597871 said:

People have two sides, a natural one that is almost unable to be changed and a fabricated, very flexible one which adapts in a way that is based on our society, political or religious beliefs, etc. We often use the world "personality" to describe the former but the truth is that the majority of people are trying to hide their true nature by constructing a more modest and fitting self.

Did you mean latter? Personality comes from the Greek word "persona", meaning "mask" so it's our personality that's flexible and fabricated.
But yes I agree with you on the two sides thing, we have our true self and what we show to others. People often use the phrase "I hate myself", here the I represents their true self and "myself" the part that they show to the world.
Nah bro, that's just schizophrenic from your part. If you really act like 2 people at any given instance, then not only are you fake as fuck, but crazy too.

The environment affects how you respond to stimuli. Stealing from an unsupervised shop and not stealing for a supervised one for example doesn't mean humans are two-faced.
Sep 7, 2019 6:59 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
-InfiniteLoop- said:
149597871 said:

I've always thought that persona comes from Latin. Yes, apparently it means mask (ironically). I said the former because I always hear people say things like "Don't judge people by their looks, personality is the most important thing", etc. but many of them ignore the fact that this "personality" can be something fabricated and easily altered in order to deceive.
Sep 7, 2019 7:06 AM

Mar 2019
Noboru said:
I'm appalled about the lack of compassion here. Even more so, when it comes from users who are also strongly against death penalty.
I am also pro legal suicide; in fact, I encourage it.

Now naturally, there must be some sort of mental self-defense that prevents people from grieving about others with whom they didn't even have anything to do. However, it's a bit awful imho to not give anything about people you've conversed to. Sometimes I wonder whether people are even aware and fully conscious about the fact that the users they're writing to are real people.
I go even further; if it were up to me, all would be systemically bullied by their parents and teachers during childhood so that the weak would commit suicide. I desire to cleanse this rotten earth from the man who so covets the approval of his rotten fellow man. I am simply not interested in murdering him, but having him take his own life, that is both poetic and delicious.

I am of course also in favor of freedom of opinion and believe that a man should be free to voice his dislike for his fellow man.

My only problem with school bullying is that it is not systemic and that only the ugly and unpopular man is bullied and that the popular one escapes it, purely by virtue of being æsthetic. Rather than solving the bullying of the ugly man we should find a way that the pretty man is bullied as well, for more often than not he too is a weakling that craves so weakly the approval of his fellow man. When all are bullied the weak that need this so will commit suicide leaving only the strong that have the courage to be their own man not so easily influenced by the opinions of their peers.
SphinxterSep 7, 2019 7:14 AM

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Sep 7, 2019 7:33 AM

Jul 2015
Noboru said:
Xstasy said:
You can never know how sensitive others are. Besides, even if insults may not be the (direct) cause, this can still push people further into a corner. Especially when those people feel like they don't have anyone who listens to and/or cares about them.

My entire family is dead and I have no friends but I'm not a little bitch about it.
Sep 7, 2019 8:32 AM

Jan 2009
@149597871: sounds like you're describing models with at least two faces: the public and the private one. Though there could be at least a third and a fourth one: the intimate one and the unknown/true one
It sounds like compassion is only a means to an end, then. Unless you're being ironic or sarcastic here: why do you think that there's "nothing to be appalled by here"?

@Yarub: I find it a bit perplexing how desensitized people have become when it comes to online contacts

@Railey2: I don't like fighting fire with fire

@Sphinxter: Then you have a completely different position from me. Actually, with females, beautiful girls/women might get bullied more than less attractive ones. Also, I believe that if opinions or voicing things are that harmful to some people, then freedom expressing your opinion should be limited. Human life is more important imho than the freedom of opinion

@PsychoticDave: I'm sorry to hear about that and find it good that you don't let it get to you.
Still, even if you have family and/or other people around you, you can still feel like you are left on your own
Sep 7, 2019 8:47 AM

Mar 2019
Noboru said:
@Sphinxter: Then you have a completely different position from me. Actually, with females, beautiful girls/women might get bullied more than less attractive ones. Also, I believe that if opinions or voicing things are that harmful to some people, then freedom expressing your opinion should be limited. Human life is more important imho than the freedom of opinion
To hell with the life of the weak man that lusts so for the approval of his peers — I shall be the first to dance atop his grave take he his own life for being thereof denied.

— Bertrand Russell
Sep 7, 2019 8:54 AM

Jan 2009
Sphinxter said:
Noboru said:
To hell with the life of the weak man that lusts so for the approval of his peers — I shall be the first to dance atop his grave take he his own life for being thereof denied.
Statements like the one you did are imho much rather fitting in Railey2's "insanity museum", but they probably won't get included
As for the content: 1) people can get bullied for various reasons. Bullied people might not long for approval, but to be left alone by the bullies in the first place
2) I hope, it was just some figure of speech, because actually dancing atop of a grave sounds like a desecration of the death and a grave disrespect for human dignity. Actually, even that figure of speech is quite sick imho
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» If you are going to Dubai and need a car, enter here

cotetowemixx - Apr 9

6 by cotetowemixx »»
1 hour ago

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - 3 hours ago

1 by Hikinekomori »»
2 hours ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - 11 hours ago

19 by MalchikRepaid »»
3 hours ago

» Do you post your own original artwork onto social media?

DesuMaiden - Apr 10

23 by Lost_Viking »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - 9 hours ago

11 by Lost_Viking »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.