Forum Settings
Forums

Color coordinates for base color and shading for light-skinned characters

New
Sep 6, 2019 10:23 AM

Nov 2017
I am using a painting software to practice drawing the illustration of anime-style characters, but I am not yet good at coloring.

I don't know the color coordinates for the base color and shading color for light-skinned characters, so can anyone tell me exactly what the coordinates in R : G : B : are for those colors ?

Also, what color coordinates must we use to shade hair and clothes depending on the base color ? I'm still a noob and amateur on this, so can anyone teach me briefly here about these color coordinates ?
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
Sep 6, 2019 11:58 AM

Dec 2013
Usually there is a color wheel or color sliders or any other type of color picker. If there isn't, then you either have just not discovered it yet or you seriously need to change the software you're using lol. Not to mention there is variety even within light skin tones and it also depends on the lighting of the image. There is no way to just give you coordinates that would be always right.

Just use color picker or eyedropper.
Sep 7, 2019 2:36 AM

Nov 2017
NthDegree said:
Usually there is a color wheel or color sliders or any other type of color picker. If there isn't, then you either have just not discovered it yet or you seriously need to change the software you're using lol. Not to mention there is variety even within light skin tones and it also depends on the lighting of the image. There is no way to just give you coordinates that would be always right.

Just use color picker or eyedropper.

Yes, there is a color wheel on my program, but I want to know what color coordinates other people are using when coloring light-skinned characters, so can you give me some good examples of what color to use ?

What R: G: B: numbers are most commonly used ? Just 2 or 3 skin tone examples would be good.
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
Sep 21, 2019 6:07 AM

Nov 2017
Guys, I want to use the 2 Eroge-style skin color themes for base color and 2 shade colors like in this picture here. Do you know the RGB Values for them including for the 2 shade colors ? : https://i.pinimg.com/564x/e0/39/48/e03948b92183d3f12c9d43daf45bbeb4.jpg

The 2 ones with [エロゲ配色」described on it. The problem is, I don't know whether to accurately say it is light yellow or light brown, so can you help me pinpoint the exact RGB values for those color schemes including for the 2 shade colors too, please ? In my paint software, the color wheel also has an option to type the RGB values.

I want to use the Eroge style skin color like above, so can you guys please help tell me the RGB values so that I can use them for painting on my original characters ?
EhurvaksSep 21, 2019 6:16 AM

Sep 21, 2019 7:18 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
not sure why you don't just use the eyedropper tool like others have suggested.

it's a pretty low quality picture too. these are only approximate.

from left to right:
(255, 244, 218)
(255, 223, 206)
(251, 175, 162)

Sep 22, 2019 1:08 AM

Nov 2017
Tensho said:
not sure why you don't just use the eyedropper tool like others have suggested.

it's a pretty low quality picture too. these are only approximate.

from left to right:
(255, 244, 218)
(255, 223, 206)
(251, 175, 162)

Thanks ! Now I can try to practice making my own Hentai CGs for my own Visual Novel.

More topics from this board

» advice for someone returning to art

Crystepsi - Apr 4

5 by haaku-san »»
1 hour ago

» Share an ai anime pic

NowOldCow - Dec 6, 2023

19 by loligoth666 »»
8 hours ago

» Show us your latest sketch or drawing v.2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Feb 21, 2017

1629 by loligoth666 »»
9 hours ago

» People who don't believe that there is anything wrong with western entertainment and influence.

kratos960203 - Apr 19

28 by Ex-Aid »»
Yesterday, 11:17 PM

» Made An Anime Youtube Video thoughts?

panque - Yesterday

1 by TheMechaManiac »»
Yesterday, 11:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.