Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 7, 2019 2:04 PM
Aug 2019
amagirinomikoto said:
Quinjao said:

Agreed, Maybe some of it served as a comic relief, like, when he lands on her chest and accidentally takes the skirt, okay, that's fine, even made me laugh a bit, but then her being almost naked because of the attack and the MC repeating the same "land on her" joke was too much, they sure know how to kill a joke (wich wasn't really a good one from the begginig).

And yeah, her character is pointless, there are too many characters in this anime and a lot of them are pointless, I wish we had less characters but they focused more on developing them instead of using them for cheap laughs

i definitely see where you're coming from about that being a comic relief - i didn't even think of it that way. personally, i just found it too cringey and ill-timed to even be just a bit funny. yeah honestly same, when tamaki was basically half naked because the fire was burning through her clothes that just really didn't make sense. and then yep they repeated the same joke yet again where shinra just falls into her. it really does get tiring

honestly i'm kinda sad that her character is pointless. i think she could be a really cool character but she serves no purpose. i don't want tamaki turning into the "useless female" character. also yes that would be so much better if the characters could actually have development and be useful/stand out

the comedy falls flat most of the time (in my opinion) and i don't even remember half of the characters names either because i feel like they haven't even done anything

She is a character created for the purpose of using her syndrome, as a mean to
combine fanservice and comedic relief, through fanservice.

Some they like it and some they don't, it makes sense as there is no story or anything, that can be considered as perfect, there will always be someone who disagrees with something
as what is good or trash is normally a matter of perspective.

Raw honest when rekka punched shinra and the force send shinra to tamaki's boobs that worked as airbags and stopped from going any farther for me at least i found it
quite funny i may didn't died from laughs as i am a manga reader of this anime so i already saw this scene but at least it made me smile lol
but i found the next scene after this the one where rekka shows off his firepower and burns tamaki's clothes in the process a bit too much for my tastes of fanservice that scene could had been avoided.

GourmetforceSep 7, 2019 2:09 PM
Sep 7, 2019 2:23 PM
Mar 2015
Glad they were able to stop Rekka before he burned up Tamaki and all those children The worship of the flames feels like an extension of Sol worship Turning the earth into a second sun is whacko
Sep 7, 2019 2:40 PM

Jul 2019
Arthur got lost, now he feels like zoro. But the animation was amazing during the fight.
Sep 7, 2019 2:55 PM
Aug 2019
Blarey said:
Much better than last week, great fight scenes and more explanations on the overall plot without the poorly done drama. Liked the fan service even though it was a little forced, but I guess that is just a part of Tamaki's character, man was that hot though... Hopefully she gets good moments to shine later on, I would hate it if she stays on the same weak fan service character role the entire series.

Looks like there is more focus on Arthur coming next week, would be nice to start seeing more of the other characters from the 8th division as well.
tamaki will get more cool and good moments don't worry but the bad thing is that it'll take a while
Sep 7, 2019 3:02 PM

Feb 2015
Shadow_Strider said:
Yautja said:
I'm just trying imagine how sadistically Stain would kill Shinra considering how hollow his idea of a hero is and how often and how he screams about heroes. I can only imagine how much Stain would loathe him.
I don't actually think he would have an issue with Shinra. I mean if being over the top and passionate was a deciding factor he wouldn't use All Might as his basis for what a true hero is. Shinra may be loud but he is very sincere, he doesn't want to be a hero for the wrong reasons, he's not in it for fame or for wealth, he simply wants to help people. Because his beliefs and reason for wanting to be a Hero is sincere it falls in line with Stain's ideology as well. Essentially Stain despises people that call themselves hero's for personal gain.

I don't think you and I have been watching the same anime. His ideas and actions of what heroes are seem entirely empty and self-absorbed. Stain hates fakes, and Shinra most definitely is a fake. I know a lot of people have brought it up in past episode forums and it's already been explained better than I could, and anyways, All Might and Shinra aren't even close to comparable as heroes.
Sep 7, 2019 3:44 PM

Aug 2019
A decent episode, in comparison to what's come before it.

However, the OTT fan-service really is a turn-off. I don't mind it being used sparingly during a quieter, more exposition-heaving episode to break up any monotony, but it completely ruins any tension created when serious action is taking place.

Having not read the manga, I've got no basis for comparison, but could any manga reader enlighten me as to whether this a faithful adaptation, or have the studio been under-par in their delivery this season?
Sep 7, 2019 3:48 PM
Oct 2018
Good fight choreography and animation, more unnecessary ecchi and comedy out of the question, I really didn't like that part. for me it spoiled the episode which in my view was to be tense. Well I'm not complaining about the ecchi or the comedy, just try to put where it fits, not in the middle of a fight, it was annoying already, even seriously.
Sep 7, 2019 4:08 PM
Feb 2015
Hatsuyuki said:
Oh would you look at that. The stupid, useless character whose sole purpose in the show is to be a tool for fanservice is being used for fanservice even during fight scenes, leading to anticlimactic disruptions of the fight

https://i.imgur.com/MLX23BS.png
https://i.imgur.com/DK6nAT1.png
https://i.imgur.com/3H0lUGN.png

Wow, you managed to put into words exactly how I felt during this episode. I'm trying really hard to like Tamaki because her powers are cool and I bet she'd be super cool later on (I'm not reading the manga so idk) but so far her only actual character trait is that she's a source of constant fanservice. I don't mind fanservice in anime at all, until it gets in the way of good scenes.
Sep 7, 2019 4:13 PM

May 2015
Lindsey_Joy57 said:
Hatsuyuki said:
Oh would you look at that. The stupid, useless character whose sole purpose in the show is to be a tool for fanservice is being used for fanservice even during fight scenes, leading to anticlimactic disruptions of the fight

https://i.imgur.com/MLX23BS.png
https://i.imgur.com/DK6nAT1.png
https://i.imgur.com/3H0lUGN.png

Wow, you managed to put into words exactly how I felt during this episode. I'm trying really hard to like Tamaki because her powers are cool and I bet she'd be super cool later on (I'm not reading the manga so idk) but so far her only actual character trait is that she's a source of constant fanservice. I don't mind fanservice in anime at all, until it gets in the way of good scenes.

I feel that too. I was interested in Tamaki since I saw her in the opening and even more since she first appeared, but that "lucky-pervert" thing is so weird and forced that it's making me hard to like her, even though I really want to
Sep 7, 2019 4:31 PM
Apr 2019
Really good episode. For some reason I wished Tamaki would have entered the fray in the fight, but I guess maybe mentally she wasn't up for it. Liked the whole sniper ability. Makes me more curious on what other fire abilities are out there
Sep 7, 2019 4:50 PM

Mar 2014
yvanedisco said:
DedPanda said:
Tamaki is voiced by Yuuki Aoi, that's all I need.

That's all WE need. AMEN.

You mean Latom instead ;)
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Sep 7, 2019 4:57 PM

Jan 2016
Yautja said:
Shadow_Strider said:
I don't actually think he would have an issue with Shinra. I mean if being over the top and passionate was a deciding factor he wouldn't use All Might as his basis for what a true hero is. Shinra may be loud but he is very sincere, he doesn't want to be a hero for the wrong reasons, he's not in it for fame or for wealth, he simply wants to help people. Because his beliefs and reason for wanting to be a Hero is sincere it falls in line with Stain's ideology as well. Essentially Stain despises people that call themselves hero's for personal gain.

I don't think you and I have been watching the same anime. His ideas and actions of what heroes are seem entirely empty and self-absorbed. Stain hates fakes, and Shinra most definitely is a fake. I know a lot of people have brought it up in past episode forums and it's already been explained better than I could, and anyways, All Might and Shinra aren't even close to comparable as heroes.

Care to explain? (Or link to one of those posts) From what I've seen Shinra is very sincere, his answer to Juggernaut last episode is good proof of that "no need to have big motivation, as long as you save people that's fine".

Anyways, I think it's the last time Tamaki's fanservice is used with mood whiplash that jarring. Well... except maybe for that one infamous fight (you know the one) depending if you consider it serious or not at all.

Disappointed they left the part after Rekka's death with the other companies. Well, maybe next episode.
Sep 7, 2019 5:11 PM
Feb 2016
Goddamit Arthur how da faq did u get lost?!?

Anyways, great episode overall. Fight was badass, but now wdk who killed Rekka. Also a nice amount of fanservice from Takami if I do say so myself.

End credits was funny too with him trying to get her number, but for the wrong reasons lol. Their faces when Shinra asked though were funny
Sep 7, 2019 6:26 PM

Oct 2016
-For some reason, I thought the blow from the last episode would have been enough to kill him.
-What a great fight. Easily the best one yet. The action, the sound effects, the everything. My only problem was that FS interruption.
-I really liked seeing more of Rekka's ability.
-I was very surprised when Rekka died. I was even more surprised when that fox-faced guy lost an arm.
-I felt bad for the 2 Lieutenants. It's got to be really hard on them.
Overall, this might have been the best episode yet. I really hope this ends up being one of those shows that only had a weak start. I hope the writing stays consistently good as it has been in the last 2 episodes. I may end up liking this show after all. My only problem with this episode is that the villain's motives seem so, so damn stupid, and if their true motive really is that stupid, it'll definitely affect the rest of the show.

Hatsuyuki said:
Rider9530 said:

Just so you know the author didn't want to do it when he started the manga but the fairy tail author said to him that it will help his manga a lot, so i guess you can blame the fairy tail author for the random fan service.

Or I can just blame him for listening to dumb advice. Why would you ever let someone dictate your own work ?

>Either way I am fine with fan service as long as it's not oddly placed within the episode, which is almost always the case for Fire Force.
This. Fan Service is going to happen in anime. To me, it's no big deal, but when it interrupts a good fight, it becomes a problem.
>Or I can just blame him for listening to dumb advice. Why would you ever let someone dictate your own work ?
I also agree with this. Passing the blame is annoying. The author wrote it in. It's his fault.

amagirinomikoto said:
what an idiotic episode

putting the fight between rekka and shinra aside, tamaki was so useless this episode that it literally pained me. she sits there doing nothing just watching the fight and crying, and then is used as fanservice for NO REASON whatsoever. i want to see the fight. i dont need this cringey fanservice shit in the middle of a serious fight. is tamaki being reduced to the damsel in distress/"useless weak female" character? so idiotic i lost brain cells watching this episode

i know obviously the fight was the main focus but honestly tamaki's uselessness was what stood out to me, more than the fight itself

Actually, she did end up helping. She helped with that Lieutenant's plan.
But you make a decent point. Why is someone as useless as her a fire soldier anyway? Maybe she got in the Fire Force THAT way.

TsukuyomiREKT said:
So much whining every week...

Coincidentally, this post comes off as whiny.

PikslapSep 9, 2019 4:43 PM
Sep 7, 2019 6:46 PM

May 2015
They really had to add that completely unnecessary fanservice in the middle of a serious fight, huh?

I like Tamaki. She's very cute and if her sole character is to be a damsel in distress who is the butt of fanservice jokes then so be it - I'm not really into it and I'd prefer it if her character was more fleshed out, but its not a deal breaker for me. I'll get over it and appreciate the love of my life, Maki instead. But to put it in the MIDDLE of a fight... dude, really? And the award for the dumbest way to completely break tension in a suspenseful fight goes to...

Glad to see Arthur's now a Jedi.

♡ artist
サコ
Sep 7, 2019 7:06 PM

Feb 2015
WiselyKamelot said:
Yautja said:

Care to explain? (Or link to one of those posts) From what I've seen Shinra is very sincere, his answer to Juggernaut last episode is good proof of that "no need to have big motivation, as long as you save people that's fine".

Anyways, I think it's the last time Tamaki's fanservice is used with mood whiplash that jarring. Well... except maybe for that one infamous fight (you know the one) depending if you consider it serious or not at all.

Disappointed they left the part after Rekka's death with the other companies. Well, maybe next episode.

For all his screaming about heroes he doesn't seem to have a cohesive definition of what a hero is or should be beyond the generics. He screams about being a hero simply because it sounds cool, he's mimicking a childhood borne idea and promise he made with his mom. Heroes don't really scream about being a hero to every person they meet. To me, as someone outside, it seems like those military chefs or reserve guys that go walking around in their camo trying to veteran discounts or whatever. Most guys that see battle don't do that kind of thing in the same way actual heroes don't scream about being a hero 24/7.

The other obvious comparison is Arthur. Arthur isn't a knight. He just says he's a knight, king of knights or whatever, with no real definition of it beyond "it's cool" or "to get girls" (I think one of them said something about girls, correct me if I'm wrong). Shinra is the same but hero is just a more broad and lazy term. Anyways, what really pushes me away from him calling himself a hero is that's he's trying so hard to define himself as a hero and nothing else. It just comes off vain and like a hero fantasy. Wanting to be a hero to simply be hero seems like the exact opposite of what a hero is.

It seems like most of them that I was thinking of came from the Ep.6 forum post. Though none of them were as good as I'd thought, just expressing similar complaints. I could probably do better if I rewatched the episodes where he's screaming about it, but fuck that.
Sep 7, 2019 7:11 PM

Oct 2018
-Stray said:
Finally a damn badass episode through and through! That fight was amazing! The fight animation in this series is really its main selling point. Shinra's strong af.
Feels like we almost got cloee to a bigger reveal, glad it didnt got revealed that fast.
That being said if I had something to complain about its the weird ass fanservice in the middle of that high tension fight, Im fine with fanservice, rather I love it but couldnt it have wait till after the fight lol.

That post credit scene! missed the fck out of Maki and Iris! WTF was Arthur doing? Looked like he was in his own chuuni imagination world again.

Overall solid ep at long last!

Lol your comment was shown in the new Mother's Basement video
Sep 7, 2019 8:55 PM
Oct 2018
Love the fight between shinra and rekka. And finally a plot. So the villains objective is to turn the world into a star.
Sep 7, 2019 9:40 PM

Jan 2019
Alright let's have a look at that fight again:
[via Crunchyroll stream]
4:47 - 7:47
- Good fight for Shonen standards.
- We get to know more about Rekka.
- More about the strange bug Rekka uses.
7:50 - 8:04
Annnd here's the problem.
Very forced, Shinra is fighting a literal psychopath who literally killed a child last episode. Yet after all that's happened last episode, they try to squeeze in this bullshit. Honestly, maybe it would be better in more comedic or light hearted places such as District 8 Headquarters like seen previously in the past few episodes. However, adding it here just undermines the whole atmosphere of what the mangaka is trying to build.
- For 15 seconds, Rekka does nothing. This is a nitpick, so it's not huge.
8:17 - 8:39
Dear god, after only 15 seconds, more fanservice follows. Like honestly, this one goes for even longer. If not the first moment is anymore out of place, this one takes the cake. More of Rekka like: "I'll let them have their little moment".
8:40 - 8:55
Like, alright. I get the emotional situation that Tamaki went through before Shinra came. This scene would have been fine if NOT FOR THE POOR TRANSITION. Fanservice to an extremely emotional scene does not mix well at all. I'd honestly like to see Tamaki do more than rely on others and not be specifically for fanservice 90% of the time.
- Lmao Rekka just there like "You done?"

Summary:
- Poorly out of place fanservice ruins the fight buildup and tense atmosphere.
- Undermines Tamaki's emotional distress from the previous episode.
- Jumbles the pacing to multiple sluggish halts.
- Shit transitions.

I'm struggling to watch this anime. I might make a review once it's finished, so I'll cling onto it hopefully.

"Just drop the show if you don't like fanservice"
There's a difference between well placed fanservice, and obviously forced "relief" fanservice
ElucidSep 7, 2019 9:44 PM
Sep 7, 2019 9:57 PM

Apr 2018
We now have a clue of the fire case that happened to Shinra in the past. Tamaki bursting in to tears hurts my kokoro
Sep 7, 2019 10:04 PM

Aug 2017
Ha Rekka actually said "Come at me bro!" in the dub. XD

Also I'm not sure why Tamaki couldn't help in the dub. Should have had her be visibly injured to justify her staying out of the fight.
I used to be a watchmaker.
Sep 7, 2019 10:33 PM
Apr 2018
HueyLion said:
yvanedisco said:

That's all WE need. AMEN.

You mean Latom instead ;)

Yeah i forgot. LATOM.
Sep 7, 2019 11:09 PM

Aug 2018
this episode was a funny cute and very cool fight scene sweet and oh that star dude wants to make the world into a fucking sun now that what I call a next level shit crazy overall 8/10 I can't wait for the next episode
SaiDxvLightSep 7, 2019 11:18 PM
Sep 8, 2019 1:00 AM

Oct 2008
The whole episode is a banger! absolutely awesome!!!
the clashing! the intense fire sniping and especially Shinra can now fight toe-to-toe from someone that is squad 1 capable level!
5/5.

Sep 8, 2019 1:23 AM
Nov 2015
BlackstarFallen said:
The stupid fanservice is ruining the show. It needs to stop.
it's there for humor and in this instance for tonal levity, it's fine and isn't overly pornographic
Sep 8, 2019 1:30 AM
Nov 2015
amagirinomikoto said:
what an idiotic episode

putting the fight between rekka and shinra aside, tamaki was so useless this episode that it literally pained me. she sits there doing nothing just watching the fight and crying, and then is used as fanservice for NO REASON whatsoever. i want to see the fight. i dont need this cringey fanservice shit in the middle of a serious fight. is tamaki being reduced to the damsel in distress/"useless weak female" character? so idiotic i lost brain cells watching this episode

i know obviously the fight was the main focus but honestly tamaki's uselessness was what stood out to me, more than the fight itself
the fanservice was there for like a 7 seconds while the fight prolonged for about 7 mins ,it getting in the way of the fight is hyperbole.the fanservice was done for tonal levity given the context of the scene is adequate as the scene lost its dire nature when shinra appeared and became more hopeful and heroic, it's also there for humor.

Yeah good thing she didn't do anything cause she couldn't her spirit was broken and she was vunerable that's why she wanted someone to help her, to go from that such a vunerable and broken state to being able to miraculously fight, is bs, rather have a weak fragile character with room to grow than a Mary Sue.
Sep 8, 2019 1:46 AM
Nov 2015
Elucid said:
Alright let's have a look at that fight again:
[via Crunchyroll stream]
4:47 - 7:47
- Good fight for Shonen standards.
- We get to know more about Rekka.
- More about the strange bug Rekka uses.
7:50 - 8:04
Annnd here's the problem.
Very forced, Shinra is fighting a literal psychopath who literally killed a child last episode. Yet after all that's happened last episode, they try to squeeze in this bullshit. Honestly, maybe it would be better in more comedic or light hearted places such as District 8 Headquarters like seen previously in the past few episodes. However, adding it here just undermines the whole atmosphere of what the mangaka is trying to build.
- For 15 seconds, Rekka does nothing. This is a nitpick, so it's not huge.
8:17 - 8:39
Dear god, after only 15 seconds, more fanservice follows. Like honestly, this one goes for even longer. If not the first moment is anymore out of place, this one takes the cake. More of Rekka like: "I'll let them have their little moment".
8:40 - 8:55
Like, alright. I get the emotional situation that Tamaki went through before Shinra came. This scene would have been fine if NOT FOR THE POOR TRANSITION. Fanservice to an extremely emotional scene does not mix well at all. I'd honestly like to see Tamaki do more than rely on others and not be specifically for fanservice 90% of the time.
- Lmao Rekka just there like "You done?"

Summary:
- Poorly out of place fanservice ruins the fight buildup and tense atmosphere.
- Undermines Tamaki's emotional distress from the previous episode.
- Jumbles the pacing to multiple sluggish halts.
- Shit transitions.

I'm struggling to watch this anime. I might make a review once it's finished, so I'll cling onto it hopefully.

"Just drop the show if you don't like fanservice"
There's a difference between well placed fanservice, and obviously forced "relief" fanservice
here's why it's not a problem.

Shinra is fully capable of handling the psychopath recca as shown by the fight, so the situation by the context of the narrative presented isn't dire and as such doesn't require a comparatively morbid and depressing tone. As for making it in district 8 I don't see the difference in how that would achieve a comedic and light-hearted tone overall this second part confuses me for what you mean.

This moment of fan service is brief so it's not forced and the fight proceeds immidiatly after , so the idea that recca was letting them have their moment for the sake of fanservice is an exaggeration.

It's not a poor transitions it's an understandable one given the context of the situation, she did go through an emotional experience yes, but once shinra showed up it transitions from her being emotional and vunerable to being hopeful and levied and adding the fanservice provides that tonal levity and light-hearted humor.And she does do more than rely on others it's in this situation she couldn't.

Saying this scene had a tense atmosphere is false, as the fight progressed there was never point where shinra emotional state during the fight was portrayed to be dire or his well being in danger ,from the get go of his appearance it had a heroic rescue vibe to it.

You're right there is a difference, and this is well placed fan service that isn't contextually forced nor detracts from the actual atmosphere of the scene. It was never tense and dire, it was hopeful and heroic and having fan service for tonal levity doesn't detract from that.
Sep 8, 2019 1:48 AM
Nov 2015
People complaining about the fan service either misinterpret the context of whats happening in the scene for the tone that it requires or what the scene to be done in a particular way i.e., complaining about not getting what they want.
Sep 8, 2019 2:10 AM

Apr 2009
Cringe. Cringe. Cringe.

So much Cringe in one episode. Rekka’s Whole existence can be summed up in one word or less. There was a proper fight scene this time, which is a great progress from previous abruptly wrapped up ones but I really struggle to take any of this seriously. Tamaki reminds me of Hinamori Momo and it’s been a while I found a character’s mere presence so gyrating on my nerves. I am also seeing a lot of similarities with other popular animes, which is a tad disappointing. I honestly could not enjoy this episode despite the well animated fight and great sound effects. At least seeing team 8 back in frames again was a welcome relief. I hope we can see more of the captain and vice captain.
Sep 8, 2019 2:17 AM

Jun 2015
Black_Sheep97 said:
BlackstarFallen said:
it's there for humor and in this instance for tonal levity, it's fine and isn't overly pornographic

That doesn't matter. It's still stupid.
Sep 8, 2019 2:22 AM
Aug 2019
Black_Sheep97 said:
amagirinomikoto said:
what an idiotic episode

putting the fight between rekka and shinra aside, tamaki was so useless this episode that it literally pained me. she sits there doing nothing just watching the fight and crying, and then is used as fanservice for NO REASON whatsoever. i want to see the fight. I don't need this cringe fanservice shit in the middle of a serious fight. is tamaki being reduced to the damsel in distress/"useless weak female" character? so idiotic i lost brain cells watching this episode

the fanservice was there for like a 7 seconds while the fight prolonged for about 7 mins ,it getting in the way of the fight is hyperbole.the fanservice was done for tonal levity given the context of the scene is adequate as the scene lost its dire nature when shinra appeared and became more hopeful and heroic, it's also there for humor.

Yeah good thing she didn't do anything cause she couldn't her spirit was broken and she was vulnerable that's why she wanted someone to help her, to go from that such a vulnerable and broken state to being able to miraculously fight, is bs, rather have a weak fragile character with room to grow than a Mary Sue.

Raw honesty you guys see fanservice in literally everywhere.

Can i ask something? because i am really curious when you guys watch all those slices of life bullshit animes where you guys put high scores and you like them doesn't, those slices of life contain fanservice at all because last time i watched a slice of life crap they had all those hot girls dressed like whores and their big breasts and legs visible so how come you guys complain about the fanservice here but you are fine when the anime genre type you watch does it?

I am confused to how i can call this

It had 2 fanservice moments one was shinra coming towards tamaki as a result of the force behind rekka's punch and was stopped by tamaki's airbag boobs which to me it was funny but what i didn't liked was the after this fanservice they did where she got the majority of her clothes burned and she looked like a character straight from a hentai that was a bit over the top i was fine with the 1rst thought.

Anyway the thing is if you guys even pay any attention to the episode tamaki wasn't super useless 1rst of all shinra went there because tamaki's flames showing something was going on that building well al least on of the reasons.
The she did assisted against those snipers to be raw honest if tamaki had fighting experience which he didn't had as she was babysat by rekka and the rest where they did most of the work during fights she could had been more confident in her abilities her flames reach could easily hit those snipers if she wanted.

GourmetforceSep 8, 2019 2:27 AM
Sep 8, 2019 3:15 AM

Jun 2013
People are disappointed with the episode but it's just animating what's in the source material. Although in the manga, one of the kids died or was a failed experiment, I think. I'm too lazy to verify. The best part of this episode were the action scenes, a glimpse of our future antagonists and Tamaki.

Tamaki will always be used for fan service, nothing is going to change. It will get worse as the series progresses so if it bothers you, either drop the series or forward the parts where she shows up. I still like her simply because she's fucking adorable and sexy. She's the most popular female character in the series according to the character popularity polls with Maki, the gorgeous witch coming in third.

I'm waiting for the 7th brigade to show up, the leader of the 7th brigade is a bamf.
臭い-
Sep 8, 2019 3:42 AM
Jan 2018
Rider9530 said:
Mattinator95 said:

Prove it . The author that does the manga for this also did soul eater and that has fanservice .

I know he wrote soul eater and i also thought that it doesn't make sense but i read it on an article a long time ago and i didn't save the article so im not going to look for it.
I don't really care if the article was true or just a lie, i just said that this is what i read on it.

soul eater also has a character like tamki i think , someone mentioned it before
Sep 8, 2019 4:31 AM

May 2018
Mattinator95 said:
Rider9530 said:

I know he wrote soul eater and i also thought that it doesn't make sense but i read it on an article a long time ago and i didn't save the article so im not going to look for it.
I don't really care if the article was true or just a lie, i just said that this is what i read on it.

soul eater also has a character like tamki i think , someone mentioned it before

Yeah it had a lot of characters like tamki.
Sep 8, 2019 4:43 AM

Jan 2016
Yautja said:
WiselyKamelot said:

For all his screaming about heroes he doesn't seem to have a cohesive definition of what a hero is or should be beyond the generics. He screams about being a hero simply because it sounds cool, he's mimicking a childhood borne idea and promise he made with his mom. Heroes don't really scream about being a hero to every person they meet. To me, as someone outside, it seems like those military chefs or reserve guys that go walking around in their camo trying to veteran discounts or whatever. Most guys that see battle don't do that kind of thing in the same way actual heroes don't scream about being a hero 24/7.

The other obvious comparison is Arthur. Arthur isn't a knight. He just says he's a knight, king of knights or whatever, with no real definition of it beyond "it's cool" or "to get girls" (I think one of them said something about girls, correct me if I'm wrong). Shinra is the same but hero is just a more broad and lazy term. Anyways, what really pushes me away from him calling himself a hero is that's he's trying so hard to define himself as a hero and nothing else. It just comes off vain and like a hero fantasy. Wanting to be a hero to simply be hero seems like the exact opposite of what a hero is.

It seems like most of them that I was thinking of came from the Ep.6 forum post. Though none of them were as good as I'd thought, just expressing similar complaints. I could probably do better if I rewatched the episodes where he's screaming about it, but fuck that.

Hum but what Stain was denouncing was not the manner of beings of the hero, it was their motivation. He was calling them out for their selfishness and basically the whole system that pushed people to become heroes for selfish reasons instead of heroic drive. Here in Fire force, there are many people like that, Hibana, or the rookie from the 5th (he said he was a firefighter for recognition). Shinra doesnt care about that.

One of the main themes of the series is the power of self-delusion. Basically the point is that if Shinra believes he will be a hero and doesnt give up on, he will eventually embody his ideals and become an genuive one. You're use of the word "fantasy" is just on point, it's precisely the point.
It's all about motivations and beliefs that serve as drive for your lifestyle.
Interestingly enough Shinra is aware that he is not a hero yet, which reinforces that he does have heroic standards but hasnt reached them yet.

Arthur is tied with this theme as well but you'll see later.
Sep 8, 2019 5:47 AM

May 2009
If you check the manga you will notice they skipped a lot like rest of 8th squad fighting giant incarnate from OP.
Sep 8, 2019 5:57 AM
Nov 2015
BlackstarFallen said:
Black_Sheep97 said:

it's may be stupid but it's still well incoperated and brings tonal levity.
Sep 8, 2019 6:28 AM
Nov 2015
Gourmetforce said:
Black_Sheep97 said:

Yeah good thing she didn't do anything cause she couldn't her spirit was broken and she was vulnerable that's why she wanted someone to help her, to go from that such a vulnerable and broken state to being able to miraculously fight, is bs, rather have a weak fragile character with room to grow than a Mary Sue.

Raw honesty you guys see fanservice in literally everywhere.

Can i ask something? because i am really curious when you guys watch all those slices of life bullshit animes where you guys put high scores and you like them doesn't, those slices of life contain fanservice at all because last time i watched a slice of life crap they had all those hot girls dressed like whores and their big breasts and legs visible so how come you guys complain about the fanservice here but you are fine when the anime genre type you watch does it?

I am confused to how i can call this

It had 2 fanservice moments one was shinra coming towards tamaki as a result of the force behind rekka's punch and was stopped by tamaki's airbag boobs which to me it was funny but what i didn't liked was the after this fanservice they did where she got the majority of her clothes burned and she looked like a character straight from a hentai that was a bit over the top i was fine with the 1rst thought.

Anyway the thing is if you guys even pay any attention to the episode tamaki wasn't super useless 1rst of all shinra went there because tamaki's flames showing something was going on that building well al least on of the reasons.
The she did assisted against those snipers to be raw honest if tamaki had fighting experience which he didn't had as she was babysat by rekka and the rest where they did most of the work during fights she could had been more confident in her abilities her flames reach could easily hit those snipers if she wanted.

fan service is pretty prevelant in anime it can be in form of sexualizing male or female or it can be in the form of comedy, and when it's done with comedic effect and brings about tonal levity I have zero issues with it. The Japanese media in general aren't as sensitive to sex as we are you can see that they have made an entire genre dedicated to it called ecchi, so this critism for mainly stems from western audience as we have a stronger aversion to sex in the media perhaps because it's more censored and shunned upon.

yes there is fan service in the slice of life genre and a lot actually and that's generally where alot of shows also showcase the fan service in their episodes as well , during the slice of life moments. The series I think you're referring to was called meloncholy of haruhi suzumiya , which in the context of that scheme was done by her deliberately for the sake of attracting attention, and that's how you do fan service correctly is when it's naturally interwoven into the context of the story, which it is in fire force. I never complained about the fan service in this show nor I am complaining about the ones in slice of life, so why is you're last statements in this paragraph being directed at me, I'm defending the fan service in this series.

The first piece of fan service was her getting her cloths burnt off which is understandable considering that cloths get burnt off by fire, shinra deflected the fire of him and it went towards tamaki. His sudden turn and realizing his mistake was a bit of comedy as well just like the airbags. Realistically her cloths should have been burnt off completely.

This paragraph your grammar is confusing but I think I agree with everything you said. I didn't notice how useful she was.
Sep 8, 2019 9:31 AM

Jul 2012
BlackstarFallen said:
Gonna give this a +1

I could give less of a shit if you put the fanservice during the down-time scenes like hot springs or beach. Just stop putting it in the middle of a serious fight.

Like y'all really thought this was appropriate for the middle of a serious fight?

If you horny fans want to jack off, read a doujinshi or watch a hentai. This is not the place.

And to the person who said it was for comedy, it's not even funny. More-so cringeworthy.
Sep 8, 2019 10:14 AM
Jul 2016
If the anime had Rekka and the 1st captain to fight, im sure he would have put up a decent enough fight but noooo. the colossal punches straight to the face left Shinra completely unphased and uninjured - 0stakes. T
he show would have got interesting and made sense if Rekka got the bug into Shinra which resulted in Shinras power up. As of now, I cant fathom how the 1sts top fleet got demolished by an absolute novice.
Sep 8, 2019 10:18 AM

Oct 2016
Waifu of the season being nude? What an episode :3
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Sep 8, 2019 11:47 AM
Oct 2007
Apart from the very very short fight, I thought the rest of the episode was meh.. I never thought myself saying this since I really like the first few episodes.

I don't think the entire goal for the villains are being explain properly yet but for now.. but whatever Hoshiyama mentioned seems to be a very weak cause.. even for a Shonen show..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2019 11:58 AM

Jan 2016
Is Arthur the last jedi or some shit?
Sep 8, 2019 12:01 PM
Aug 2019
ItsBritneyBitch said:
If the anime had Rekka and the 1st captain to fight, im sure he would have put up a decent enough fight but noooo. the colossal punches straight to the face left Shinra completely unphased and uninjured - 0stakes. T
he show would have got interesting and made sense if Rekka got the bug into Shinra which resulted in Shinras power up. As of now, I cant fathom how the 1sts top fleet got demolished by an absolute novice.

Burns would had bodied rekka without even trying man even karim could beat rekka.

Rekka was not skilledful he only had one skill and spammed it over and over again
perhaps if he had a skill where he could send his fire punch from a range he would had been more dangerous and do more damage but despite rekka been more battle experienced he was pretty unskilled.

Shinra played smart in this fight and used the building walls around to gain more modility plus with his ability to fly over he already had an advantage over rekka that he had to be near him to deliver that punch.

As for damages, i think shinra got some lesser damage like some lesser skin lvl damage if you will yes nothing super serious yet like broken ribs or something moderate or heavy lvl of damage.
GourmetforceSep 8, 2019 12:06 PM
Sep 8, 2019 12:54 PM
Sep 2019
I don't know...The animation quality has drastically dropped after episode 6,and I mean all around, the faraway shots(that are not really that far away) with the faceless poorly drawn silhouettes of the characters, the lack of facial rendering during most conversations takes away a lot from the enjoyment of the anime...
I mean even the battle on episode 9 was lackluster in comparison to the previews ones,with choppy animations and mediocre attention to details...heck even the fire effects were lacking the "omph" the previews episodes had...and whilst I am all for some fanservice it's obvious that the animators payed ten times more care to draw those scenes rather than the fight, where the focus should have been...
cutting corners to provide a great fighting sequence is one thing, but this is just lazy.
All in all it was quite disappointing.
Don't take me wrong storywise it was great but I had already seen the story in the manga...but was disappointed when I wanted to see the fight in what I expected to be a great battle sequence.
I hope once this ark ends things will pick up...
Sep 8, 2019 1:31 PM

Feb 2015
WiselyKamelot said:
Yautja said:

Hum but what Stain was denouncing was not the manner of beings of the hero, it was their motivation. He was calling them out for their selfishness and basically the whole system that pushed people to become heroes for selfish reasons instead of heroic drive. Here in Fire force, there are many people like that, Hibana, or the rookie from the 5th (he said he was a firefighter for recognition). Shinra doesnt care about that.

One of the main themes of the series is the power of self-delusion. Basically the point is that if Shinra believes he will be a hero and doesnt give up on, he will eventually embody his ideals and become an genuive one. You're use of the word "fantasy" is just on point, it's precisely the point.
It's all about motivations and beliefs that serve as drive for your lifestyle.
Interestingly enough Shinra is aware that he is not a hero yet, which reinforces that he does have heroic standards but hasnt reached them yet.

Arthur is tied with this theme as well but you'll see later.

And of every hero he's met, he's only respect two. Somehow I doubt such a generic character as Shinra would be the third.
Sep 8, 2019 2:00 PM

Jun 2015
Black_Sheep97 said:
BlackstarFallen said:

it's may be stupid but it's still well incoperated and brings tonal levity.

No, it doesn't. It's stupid and it gets in the way.
Sep 8, 2019 2:01 PM

Jun 2015
Mayuka said:
BlackstarFallen said:
Gonna give this a +1

I could give less of a shit if you put the fanservice during the down-time scenes like hot springs or beach. Just stop putting it in the middle of a serious fight.

Like y'all really thought this was appropriate for the middle of a serious fight?

If you horny fans want to jack off, read a doujinshi or watch a hentai. This is not the place.

And to the person who said it was for comedy, it's not even funny. More-so cringeworthy.

I agree. Putting fanservice in the middle of the fight was unnecessary.
Sep 8, 2019 2:26 PM
Jul 2019

Man, what kind of Tamaki fanservice this was.

In the manga Tamaki's fansrivice was way better.
Sep 8, 2019 4:04 PM

Feb 2019
Man I can't wait to see the later manga stuff animated, we finally get the evangelist name dropped in the anime as well as arolla burst
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2019

176 by ArthurKFC »»
Apr 16, 7:08 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

199 by beamtoes »»
Apr 10, 6:16 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

386 by Crispydang »»
Mar 30, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2019

118 by capybara_helo »»
Mar 10, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2019

108 by capybara_helo »»
Mar 10, 11:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.