Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 5, 2019 9:38 AM

Nov 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, just wow... That song was so good, everything was perfect, the feels were real.
Sep 5, 2019 10:40 AM

May 2017
Mannn the FEEELSS, legit got chills when mafuyu sing esp at the middle song....its pity they have to use 3d animation in some part, but the song covered it up xD
Sep 5, 2019 10:47 AM

Jul 2013
Wtf it's already out?
Sep 5, 2019 10:52 AM

May 2017
Tohsaka_Rukia said:
Wtf it's already out?
the raws already out
Sep 5, 2019 11:30 AM

Jan 2016
I really like the song, much better than the audio drama ver, the feels also hit me hard.

Btw given even trending on twt japan at no 3 because of this episode & the song.
Sep 5, 2019 11:54 AM

May 2017
-Catsidhe- said:
I really like the song, much better than the audio drama ver, the feels also hit me hard.

Btw given even trending on twt japan at no 3 because of this episode & the song.
lol right, i've checked it just now xD even the song 'fuyu no hanashi' trended too, its pretty rare for bl anime got trended on twitter japan..
Sep 5, 2019 1:23 PM
Apr 2017
Where can I find the episode? It seems it isn't out yet in my country...
Sep 5, 2019 1:32 PM

Jul 2017
Holy shit that song was amazing, lots of emotions were definitely there. Still kinda seems like an asspull that he could just magically put out a full song after barely even being able to come up with any lyrics beforehand. Flashbacks as well were greatly placed, rare that I actually see ones that don't just hog up the time in the "present"

"are you willing to die for me" welp looks like he took it too literally

also, a BL kiss that didn't have rapey vibes to it top kek

Almost forgot, props to Shougo Yano, really did an amazing job this episode
Short_CircutSep 5, 2019 2:18 PM
Sep 5, 2019 1:38 PM

Feb 2017
mafuyu's singing was absolutely beautiful :') this was such a great episode

post-credits scene too y'all make sure you don't miss it

placeholder text
Sep 5, 2019 1:40 PM

Jul 2019
I have no words, this episode was perfect and as a manga reader to hear that song for the first time brought tears to my eyes it was just amazing and that kiss was the sugar on the top.

Still Yuki was so sweet when he was with Mafuyu, its so sad what happened to him, but now Mafuyu can move forward a bit at a time and be happy with Ritsuka.
Sep 5, 2019 1:44 PM

Jul 2017
damn when Mafuyu started singing i got goosebumps but even more than that when he screamed out "AHHH" during that song the amount of chills i felt jesus
Sep 5, 2019 1:46 PM
Jul 2019
Well, that was a ball of feelings. I don't care about how realistic it is for a kid to make up a song on the spot like that, it was perfect to me. It had me getting a little weepy.
Sep 5, 2019 1:58 PM

Aug 2018
This episode was so emotional, made me scream and cry. And really feels like Mafuyu can move on
Sep 5, 2019 1:58 PM

Mar 2018
Those were the fastest 20 minutes of my life. When the 17th minute came and they rolled the credits i was like "Wut is that it?!" but then i saw theres few more minutes of it which made me feel beyond happy. The song was amazing. I loved it so much that i'll be looping it through the whole night.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 5, 2019 1:59 PM

Feb 2015
Very good episode. Too bad I can't give a fuck about Mafuyu though x)
Sep 5, 2019 2:06 PM

Apr 2016
Oh damm! This episode was just......ugh! I can't believe I cried towards the end of the song, really unexpected for me.

Only 2 more episodes to go unfortunately and I can't wait to see what happens with Mafuyu and Ritsuka
Sep 5, 2019 2:08 PM

Sep 2017
Now that was a GREAT episode, the song was beautiful

and that kiss
Sep 5, 2019 2:08 PM
Aug 2018
Honestly this has to be the best episode so far it was so raw the song was amazing and uenoyama finally displayed his love for mafuyu a little bit. However thats not whats important. The reason mafuyu is like this is so understandable like imagine someone doing that after you told them essentially without meaning it i was bawling my eyes out. And the song was honestly the best i adored it it was perfect and fitting like i have no complaints about this episode is just amazingšŸ„ŗ
Sep 5, 2019 2:13 PM

Mar 2017
That episode was just stunning. Mafuyu's voice is so beautiful and his lyrics touch your heart because you know he's singing straight from his. The song really said everything he's feeling and felt in the past and it was so lovely.

I'm also mega satisfied that Uecchi kissed and that Mafuyu has realised he's in love with Uecchi. The only thing for him now is learning that it's okay for him to love someone else besides Yuki
Sep 5, 2019 2:14 PM
Aug 2017
This..... Is the moment I've waited for the past few weeks, and it was everything I wanted to hear and more, the song in the manga fucking hit me but actually hearing it is something else entirely, I had goosebumps, I teared up a lil and then the kinda vocal screamy sorta thing mafuyu did at the end God damn I loved it and then, the kiss, the kiss that I feel every yaoi/BL fan of this show has been waiting for and it happened. I also appreciate the song they played in the background after everything (the instrumental song Uenoma,(did I mispell that? Probably šŸ˜…, went on to play) was the song they used in the PV, the PV that originally got me hooked on this idea and it was a nice lil reference I guess? I can not wait till the song goes on the Given Spotify (it's already on the Japanese one but not here yet) oh and I love that the piano in the post credits scene is to the tune that Mafuyu was humming also one thing I didn't like that they censored like my favourite line from that flashback, Yuki goes "alright let's fuck in the bathtub when we get home" I remember dying of laughter when they abruptly said that, either way I fucking loved this so much and I can't wait for more
Sep 5, 2019 2:21 PM

Jul 2017
Jesse200000000 said:
This..... Is the moment I've waited for the past few weeks, and it was everything I wanted to hear and more, the song in the manga fucking hit me but actually hearing it is something else entirely, I had goosebumps, I teared up a lil and then the kinda vocal screamy sorta thing mafuyu did at the end God damn I loved it and then, the kiss, the kiss that I feel every yaoi/BL fan of this show has been waiting for and it happened. I also appreciate the song they played in the background after everything (the instrumental song Uenoma,(did I mispell that? Probably šŸ˜…, went on to play) was the song they used in the PV, the PV that originally got me hooked on this idea and it was a nice lil reference I guess? I can not wait till the song goes on the Given Spotify (it's already on the Japanese one but not here yet) oh and I love that the piano in the post credits scene is to the tune that Mafuyu was humming also one thing I didn't like that they censored like my favourite line from that flashback, Yuki goes "alright let's fuck in the bathtub when we get home" I remember dying of laughter when they abruptly said that, either way I fucking loved this so much and I can't wait for more

he did say that, "Lets have sex in the bathroom when we get back" it could just be case of different translators using different wordings for the manga/anime
Sep 5, 2019 2:30 PM

Nov 2007
oh boi somehow this episode has made me cry ahahahaaaaa
Sep 5, 2019 2:32 PM
Jun 2019
This episode was f*** amazing *_*
This song!!l! WOW wow WOW šŸ˜ I got goosebumps!!!
Sep 5, 2019 2:33 PM

Sep 2017
Short_Circut said:
Jesse200000000 said:

he did say that, "Lets have sex in the bathroom when we get back" it could just be case of different translators using different wordings for the manga/anime

True, it depends of the translator
I didn't watch it with the english subs but it was left uncensored in the version I watched
Sep 5, 2019 2:33 PM

Oct 2018
Wow, this is my first time watching BL, and I'm absolutely floored.

To think Mafuyu's song just completely ripped the strings across my chest in such a way that made me cry real tears. Believe me when I say... I FELT Mafuyu's pain. Every ounce of it. I don't care if it's fictional, I don't care if it's a drawing moving, I don't care that it's through a screen. I FELT that hurt.

I could hear it in his voice, I could see it on his face, I could read it in his lyrics and I could understand it in his thoughts. That love Mafuyu had for Yuki, those moments they shared, the words they exchanged, the scent he remembered, the places he'll never forget and the feelings he kept for him, I. FELT. IT. ALL. It was so raw, so real, so vulnerable and extremely relatable. I'm still feeling emotional over how beautiful their love was, but also how it destroyed Mafuyu's heart and mind. The flashbacks were sufficient, Mafuyu's words were heart-breaking and the direction of the scene made a coherent story that inflicted massive damage to my emotions.

I was glued to everything in that scene, I was so into it that I didn't even realize the pain I felt within myself listening to him. It was such a masterpiece, I was left a crying mess. To hear Mafuyu say he can't even cry, and that he just wants to scream to relieve his suffering instantly hooked me into the scene and provoked my emotions. The power in which I could feel Mafuyu's suffering has utterly floored me and convinced me this show has the most REAL depiction of love I've ever seen. The author of this series CLEARLY knows writing and understands love on a higher level than most writers.

That kiss from Uenoyama, it was so well-done and didn't feel wrong or forced or overwhelming or anything, it was so natural and passionate. Their relationship is going to be SUCH a pleasure to watch, I'm already crying on the inside thinking about its beauty. I NEED a moment. Brilliant story-telling, directing, composing and character development this episode. Need to emotionally prepare myself for next week's episode.
sammyk124Sep 5, 2019 2:36 PM
~ These boys must be protected at all costs ~
Sep 5, 2019 2:35 PM
Aug 2017
Themousen said:
Short_Circut said:

True, it depends of the translator
I didn't watch it with the english subs but it was left uncensored in the version I watched
I'd say you're right probably was just subtitled that way, it has the same effect story wise don't get me wrong, just found the original translation in the manga funnier still succeeded in making me laugh a bit anyways
Sep 5, 2019 2:37 PM

May 2016
I don't think I'll ever recover from the emotions felt during this episode
Sep 5, 2019 2:37 PM

May 2018
I’ve seen quite a few musical performances in anime, but that one is easily the best I have seen. Everything about the build-up was perfect too. This episode also solidified the show as an AOTS contender for me.
BestDogeKoromaruSep 5, 2019 7:16 PM
Sep 5, 2019 2:48 PM

Mar 2018
OMH
This was so awesome!!
The feelings! The flashbacks!

And the sister worried about Uenoyama

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 5, 2019 2:51 PM
Nov 2013
[VARIOUS HAND GESTURES AND STRANGLED NOISES] god this episode was amazing. I was so inlove w mafuyus performance, just a side note, i see so much hate for his singing voice and like,,,does no one realize his character isn't a trained singer? Like the boy in canon has never gotten lessons or even has a known timeline for when his singing started,,,he literally will not be amazingly good at it, but he can carry a tune and learns fast. Idk maybe I'm a little salty because of how much hate he's gotten when even the VA that plays him isn't a singer, I don't think, but lol ig i can understand hate if his voice just doesn't ring your bell, but still, he isn't as awful as some posts I've seen claiming him to be,,but yeah this episode was amazing and well done as always, I can't wait to see ritska's realistic gay panic in the next ep, I'm not really sure still on where in the manga the anime will end, but idc this was an amazing adaptation^^
Sep 5, 2019 3:13 PM
May 2019
This is so beautiful. Mafuyu's song was really great than my imagination. I'm crying...
NaritsukoSep 5, 2019 3:20 PM
Sep 5, 2019 3:15 PM
Mar 2015
Glad he was able to let his feelings out and reach out for the love that is offered to him Great song
Sep 5, 2019 3:31 PM

Sep 2008
that song ... hit hard
Sep 5, 2019 4:02 PM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
I teared up, that episode was just beautiful.
Sep 5, 2019 4:08 PM

Apr 2012
Good song, guess we'll never know what went down with the lyrics.

Also that Uecchi attack, lmao.
Sep 5, 2019 4:21 PM

Jun 2016
The song really shook my heart, almost cried tbh. The way they are presenting this anime is so good! I really love it. Mafuyu just fjlksfjsdlkj I can't wait to buy this whole dang soundtrack tbh.
Sep 5, 2019 4:52 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Banger of a song, wow. As someone who listens to A LOT of music, including this genre, this was very catchy and professional sounding.

Mafuyu's last monologue felt like a fantastic movie ending to me.
Sep 5, 2019 5:02 PM

Mar 2017
I completely didn't expect that from Mafuyu's song, but I'm definitely not disappointed. One of the best songs I've ever heard. The emotions were so raw and real, it made me tear up a bit.

Also, I've seen some comments about Mafuyu coming up with the lyrics on the spot, but I think another way we can see it is that Mafuyu always had the lyrics, he just didn't know how to express it or how he should sing it. Honestly, I would find it more unlikely for Mafuyu to have so much time to spend on the lyrics and come up with literally nothing.
Sep 5, 2019 5:08 PM
Sep 2017
Loved the song and the execution of the whole scene was great. After credits scene had me crying hard.
Sep 5, 2019 5:18 PM

Aug 2018
A really great song containing so many feelings which needed to be expressed/released. This episode was really perfect, I watched the song part several times, focusing once on the lyrics, then on the song itself (yeah by not speaking Japanese, it's hard to listen to a Jap' song AND to focus on the lyrics).

I just hope the next episodes won't turn into a too much drama/romance show, I'd like the music thema to remain.
Sep 5, 2019 5:45 PM

Dec 2016
My Heart is burning dang this ep was beautiful. I cried alot
Stay cool : )     
Sep 5, 2019 5:45 PM
Jul 2014
Otorez said:
A really great song containing so many feelings which needed to be expressed/released. This episode was really perfect, I watched the song part several times, focusing once on the lyrics, then on the song itself (yeah by not speaking Japanese, it's hard to listen to a Jap' song AND to focus on the lyrics).

I just hope the next episodes won't turn into a too much drama/romance show, I'd like the music thema to remain.
Jpn/Japanese not jap. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jap
Sep 5, 2019 5:51 PM
Jan 2019
Cried like a baby. I love Mafuyu’s voice, it’s so raw and real and the song interwoven with flashbacks was just beautiful.

Ritsuka was sooooo proud ugh. These boys are so sweet. God bless everyone who has worked on this show. It’s been handled with such care and I’m so grateful it exists.
Sep 5, 2019 5:55 PM

Feb 2013
My eyes are swollen cuz I've been crying the whole episode, nice.
Sep 5, 2019 6:16 PM
Mar 2011
Already knew what was coming, yet I cried a lot!
Watched this episode twice and still the feelings are there and each time I see the performance (already saw it posted in Twitter too)

The voice, the lyrics, the flashbacks, the kiss.. seems like a perfect episode!
Sep 5, 2019 6:27 PM

Aug 2019
When I ended watching last episode I obviously knew that in the next episode Mafuyu will sing the song, but I wasn't expected THAT, an hour has passed and I still in shock, for now this is the best episode and I don't thing the next episodes will surpass this one.
Sep 5, 2019 6:31 PM

Feb 2014
Mafuyu's song had it all coming down. Gave me the chills.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 5, 2019 6:44 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Holy shit, that song was powerful and their performance was amazing. Mafuyu was able to express himself for the first time and I'm very happy for him. I'm not into Bromance stories, but I can't get enough of this series. If Dr. Stone and Fire Force did not exist, I would put Given in as anime of the season.
Sep 5, 2019 6:47 PM
May 2017
omg i loved this episode, the feeling of the music when Mafuyu started to sing it was very intense what hit me so hard (TuT)
OMG WHEN THE BAND FINISHED THEIR FIRST SONG IT HAPPENED AAAAAAAAAAA I CAN SLEEP IN THE HEAVEN NOW WITH THAT KISS AWAAAA
after ending it was cool too, the scene was normally going and then "let's do s** in the bathroom", "yeah... no" (that face) i laughed a lot here lol, feeling sad for Mafuyu's past and he still take on himself this but with time he is going to forget and become happy with his new love >< im so happy and sad at the same time, confused but i really enjoyed it (my bad English, trying to express my feelings here xd).
Sep 5, 2019 7:23 PM

Oct 2012
Bitch, this made me cry. I already knew about the kiss, but the "I have a new person I'm in love with" caught me completely off guard and I let out a scream. The show--- The show was simply AMAZING. The song lyrics, the melody, everything was perfect.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm a straight guy, can I watch it?

removed-user - Oct 29, 2023

36 by NekoCats »»
Mar 2, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Given Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tubby - Jul 18, 2019

113 by Mak_and_Cheese »»
Feb 17, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Given Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Gardevoir101 - Sep 19, 2019

133 by Kildzoo25 »»
Feb 10, 2:09 AM

Poll: » Given Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tubby - Jul 25, 2019

85 by gorkoo »»
Jan 23, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Given Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Gardevoir101 - Sep 12, 2019

78 by fealtyy »»
Dec 16, 2023 4:30 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.