Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sep 5, 2019 3:32 AM

read a few chapters of this and thought it was cute and cuddly with a creepy vibe of fans/stalkers/whatnots follow up comments at the end of each chapter. it feels good to break an mmo so much that the devs end up having to patch it, just for you.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396

Oct 5, 2019 3:03 AM
Oh man, this looks interesting actually

Nov 28, 2019 12:17 AM

Dadangdut33 said:

It has nothing to do with Shield Hero except that both have shields. The girl just plays a VRMMORPG, it isn't even an isekai.

Nov 29, 2019 7:04 AM

Moe-fication Shield Hero?

Hmm mandatory PTW

Dec 3, 2019 11:30 PM

Protag's design looks quite similar to Ruby from RWBY, even complete with a giant red and black shield instead of a scythe. Will be interesting, I hope.

Dec 8, 2019 8:58 AM

Yup, I'm sure I won't be watching this one. This is a CGDCT type of show + gaming + "isekai feeling despite not being an isekai"... this seems shallow af and the character one dimesional af... not my type of show at all.

Dec 18, 2019 12:10 AM
Naofumi meet Maple: You gotta be shitting me...

Dec 25, 2019 12:28 PM
"It has nothing to do with Shield Hero except that both have shields. The girl just plays a VRMMORPG, it isn't even an isekai."

This is what is called "autistic" when used for people's comments online instead of the actual condition. Because it's so close to the actual condition. To only be able to see the explanations and distinctions explained on paper, instead of seeing the actual purpose of something, the actual vibe or point behind it all.

"It isn't even an isekai". Incredible. Absolutely incredible. So SAO, which STARTED the isekai craze, "isn't even an isekai" then. The whole POINT of isekai anime is for MMO players in Japan to see a story where they get to go inside the game. The dream when you realize the game is inadequate, it's just there on the screen, and you wish for more. Putting on a helmet to play a game like you are living inside it, or being sucked into another world with MMO-stats and leveling and character classes, are both isekai. They have the exact same purpose.

If someone who doesn't understand this then goes "no, because the word isekai acksually means another world, so it can only be another world and has nothing to do with gaming cause that's not in the name," doesn't matter one bit. Welcome to the world of actual story creation. This was your first lesson.

"It has nothing to do with Shield Hero except that both have shields."

Am-fucking-azing. The PURPOSE of both stories is the same. Realizing that there are already tons of isekai where the hero slashes his way through enemies, and then saying, "Hey, what if we make it about the DEFENSE part of fighting this time? Wouldn't that be a twist that would stand out?"

And then Shield Hero step by step ditched that concept, but no matter. That was the original hook. And it's the same hook here. To think that the writers wouldn't be thinking about Shield Hero, that they'd make this without a plan to attach themselves to a bigger anime name to make the same crowd react and check this out as well, just because it's not the same name and one is in a game while another is in a world with game-like conditions, well, that's autistic. Again, welcome to the side of observation where you see it from the writers' point of view. That's the side I work on, though not in anime, but the consumers can learn too.

Dec 29, 2019 2:18 PM

Nemesis16 said:
Dadangdut33 said:

It has nothing to do with Shield Hero except that both have shields. The girl just plays a VRMMORPG, it isn't even an isekai.

By the way, I noticed that the manga adaptation puts a noticeable emphasis on nakama. Is there any ship tease and baiting in this work, or is this work not one of those moe titles that try to hype with yuri fanservice?
Level of my english is still too poor, so ask not particularly angry because of my terrible grammar.

Dec 29, 2019 3:50 PM

Hegar said:
"It has nothing to do with Shield Hero except that both have shields. The girl just plays a VRMMORPG, it isn't even an isekai."

This is what is called "autistic" when used for people's comments online instead of the actual condition. Because it's so close to the actual condition. To only be able to see the explanations and distinctions explained on paper, instead of seeing the actual purpose of something, the actual vibe or point behind it all.

"It isn't even an isekai". Incredible. Absolutely incredible. So SAO, which STARTED the isekai craze, "isn't even an isekai" then. The whole POINT of isekai anime is for MMO players in Japan to see a story where they get to go inside the game. The dream when you realize the game is inadequate, it's just there on the screen, and you wish for more. Putting on a helmet to play a game like you are living inside it, or being sucked into another world with MMO-stats and leveling and character classes, are both isekai. They have the exact same purpose.

If someone who doesn't understand this then goes "no, because the word isekai acksually means another world, so it can only be another world and has nothing to do with gaming cause that's not in the name," doesn't matter one bit. Welcome to the world of actual story creation. This was your first lesson.

"It has nothing to do with Shield Hero except that both have shields."

Am-fucking-azing. The PURPOSE of both stories is the same. Realizing that there are already tons of isekai where the hero slashes his way through enemies, and then saying, "Hey, what if we make it about the DEFENSE part of fighting this time? Wouldn't that be a twist that would stand out?"

And then Shield Hero step by step ditched that concept, but no matter. That was the original hook. And it's the same hook here. To think that the writers wouldn't be thinking about Shield Hero, that they'd make this without a plan to attach themselves to a bigger anime name to make the same crowd react and check this out as well, just because it's not the same name and one is in a game while another is in a world with game-like conditions, well, that's autistic. Again, welcome to the side of observation where you see it from the writers' point of view. That's the side I work on, though not in anime, but the consumers can learn too.

I'm not even going to lose my time with a person like you.

RobertBobert said:
Nemesis16 said:

By the way, I noticed that the manga adaptation puts a noticeable emphasis on nakama. Is there any ship tease and baiting in this work, or is this work not one of those moe titles that try to hype with yuri fanservice?

No actual yuri or even hints of romance. It's pretty much just a slice of life series

Jan 8, 11:25 AM

It's more like Sword Art Online - Shield Moe Edition

Jan 8, 1:22 PM
Its more like Net-juu no Susume AND Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? just without the romance and with more gaming.

I dont even know why this one doesnt have the game tag on it.
Modified by Bolond, Jan 8, 1:26 PM

Jan 8, 7:40 PM
We all get to watch Maple's Story Sorry Nexon...

Jan 15, 9:57 PM

I don't hear FBI knocking at my doors yet, so yeah it's all good.

Jan 16, 12:42 AM

Don't compare that trash with this comfy goodness.
“The sound of the Gion Shoja temple bells echoes the impermanence of all things;
The color of the sala flowers reveals the truth that to flourish is to fall.
The proud do not endure, like a passing dream on a night in spring;
The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.”