3It was OK
9.9%
2Disliked it
1.8%
1Hated it
2.6%
Average 4.4
1,004 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2008 4:45 PM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is certainly one of the more slow-paced, atmospheric episodes of Evangelion. What did you all think of "Weaving a Story 2: oral stage"?
Jun 12, 2008 7:07 PM

Oct 2007
To much unneeded fan service. And they were doing the naughty.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2008 8:58 PM
Oct 2007
sexeh, but good ep overall..
Jul 31, 2008 9:27 PM

Dec 2007
Naughty it was... Also interesting that Shinj gets into contact with his mother's soul. Good ep.
Aug 18, 2008 10:29 AM

Jun 2007
so, what's eva 01, really?
shinji saw his mother's soul... so... is she eva?
eva's head is ugly... mummy...
i almost lol'd at the musing around 8:00... it was so.. atmospheric... and so out of place xD
so, shinji wants a harem of asuka, misato and rei? and even his mother?!
and lastly.. sex?!
whoa.. they took it too far... kind of boring to see a still screen while hearing misato's screams and the thuds... =/
Aug 18, 2008 10:01 PM

Jun 2008
Richard_Omega said:
so, what's eva 01, really?
shinji saw his mother's soul... so... is she eva?
eva's head is ugly... mummy...
i almost lol'd at the musing around 8:00... it was so.. atmospheric... and so out of place xD
so, shinji wants a harem of asuka, misato and rei? and even his mother?!
and lastly.. sex?!
whoa.. they took it too far... kind of boring to see a still screen while hearing misato's screams and the thuds... =/

Eva 1 is not his mother it only showed Shinji things he wanted.
As about the harem thing, he wants it to happen in some level since he is a teenage boy with thousand of strange thoughts passing through his mind especially sexual thoughts but still if it happen to him for real he would back down. We all have strange fantasies but it doesn't mean we want all of them to happen for real.
Sep 2, 2008 6:26 AM

May 2007
Too much fanservice in this episode. We better start learning some truth about Eva's soon.

I can't blame Shinji for wanting a harem.
Oct 22, 2008 4:30 AM

Jan 2008
Fanservice episode :P Still good though.
Nov 25, 2008 8:34 PM
May 2008
The harem scene was weird like he wants all 3 of them? jeez
Eva in bandages was weird....that one eye...just looking at you o-o...
That sex scene was too long at the end...very slow episode ;-;
Dec 2, 2008 2:54 AM

Apr 2008
meh. ok episode
the end wasn't necessary.....
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Jan 5, 2009 9:53 PM

Jul 2008
Lol, Shinji was fantasizing; I suppose those 14 year old hormones stayed in tact even though his body wasn't.

Such a naughty episode.
Jan 25, 2009 3:09 AM

Aug 2007
That's not how you use a birth control pill.
Apr 6, 2009 12:46 AM

Dec 2008
Ahhhhh... that was awkward at the end. Did we really need to hear all that? Also how is it a sex scene IF YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE ANYTHING! Other than that I liked all Misato, Rei, and Asuka's dreamy b@@bz.
Jun 9, 2009 4:31 AM

Mar 2009
hahaha... alternate scene battle at end this episode XD
Jun 11, 2009 7:22 PM

Nov 2007
lol oral stage
Aug 26, 2009 1:24 AM

Jun 2009
That's interesting. And I don't think it was "fanservice" as such, there was definitely a point to this episode, because Eva is very much a coming of age story. So, naturally sex would come into play.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 13, 2009 5:22 AM
Jul 2008
I like Eva in bandage, he look so badass =D
Oct 14, 2009 8:43 AM

Aug 2009
Everybody noticed fanservice, but nobody say that this was the most psychodelic episode.
Nov 9, 2009 12:53 PM

Feb 2009
Don't put strange things in
Nov 9, 2009 5:48 PM

Jun 2008
Not unexpected of Misato. XD Hmm... just what is the Eva I wonder. The whole Shinji's soul being lost it in creeped me out a bit.
Nov 24, 2009 8:30 PM

Aug 2009
aero said:
Fanservice episode :P Still good though.

:facepalm:
Nov 29, 2009 9:04 PM

Oct 2009
You came? I shuddered. That part at the ending was creepy. Fanservice, my ass.
Dec 6, 2009 7:45 AM

Apr 2009
Shinji is such a conflicted little boy. He requires attention and only the good kind to be happy. I wonder if he'll ever see his dream of fatherly love come true.
Dec 29, 2009 9:31 PM
May 2008
Alright episode, but it seemed to be more of a setup for things to come. Also, the fanservice felt a bit weird, mainly since it is in this series.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jan 7, 2010 3:29 PM
Jun 2008
It's good to see everyone again (fanservice? XD)
May 12, 2010 2:05 PM

Aug 2009
Still waiting for an explanation on the evas and Adam. Soooooo much fanservice in this episode. NGE really sucks you in doesn't it?
Jun 7, 2010 10:15 PM

Sep 2008
"What is EVA?"

What are Angels?

Seem to hear it every episode now and still don't know what it means.
This episode was pretty bad from all angles.

Tried too hard to do some trippy mind-fuck but failed in the long run.
Jun 23, 2010 12:49 PM

May 2008
Really? 90% of the posts in here are about fanservice?
...Really?

This episode was a mindfuck. So good.
Jul 14, 2010 12:06 PM

Mar 2010
I liked this episode a lot especially the trippy harem parts.
Jul 25, 2010 2:43 PM

May 2008
It was a really strange episode, and I still don't know how Rei is actually related to Shinji and his father~
Jul 25, 2010 2:47 PM

May 2010
sayami said:
It was a really strange episode, and I still don't know how Rei is actually related to Shinji and his father~

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ArdanazJan 20, 2017 6:01 PM
Jul 26, 2010 1:13 AM

May 2008
GunDumb90 said:
sayami said:

It's explained later on in episode 21(watch the director's cut episodes for 21-24 it's more informative), but I'll just tell you.

You wrote here a really serious spoiler man! I suggest you to use that button, it's not here for nothing!
Anyway I already watched that episode, it explained a lot~
Jul 31, 2010 1:17 PM

Jan 2010
Treefingers said:
Really? 90% of the posts in here are about fanservice?
...Really?

This episode was a mindfuck. So good.

LOL right

Ridiculous
Aug 1, 2010 5:47 PM
Jun 2010
it was an OK episode. Shinji was "inside" EVA, he's having random (sexual) thought + we see his mother at the end, then suddenly came out from the heart of EVA. The ending was lol.

Aug 25, 2010 2:56 PM

Aug 2009
What the fuck just happened? I didn't get all those stuffs that happened inside Eva-01. What was that supposed to mean? I'm confused as fuck right now. All I got was Kanji was putting weird stuffs inside Misato's hole. But that confused me too. Why was Kanji putting a pill inside Misato? Lmfao oh my. The moaning really turned me on though.

Okay so what was that all about? I'm thinking that Shinji only wants attention and wants everybody to be kind to him. I don't know why but maybe because he's longing for love that he didn't get when he was young.

I'm still confused though. How come Shinji saw a lot of girls in his dream? Do you mean he wanted to have sex with all of those women? What the fuck lol. Shinji's a player man.
Oct 7, 2010 5:57 AM

Mar 2010
I just wasted 8 minutes thinking on a witty comment about Misato and Kaiji having sex.
NICE episode.
Oct 12, 2010 8:16 AM
Jul 2010
ZEFIs_husbando said:
To much unneeded fan service. And they were doing the naughty.

Yeah, I agree. Too much fanservice. I actually turned the volume off by the end. It felt uncomfortable to hear that, at least for me.

Anyway, I loved the rest of the episode. Reflecting about the aspects of life is win.
Nov 4, 2010 5:45 PM

Jun 2009
Lol at all the people complaining about a sex scene and calling it fan service. It seems many people are quick to call something "fan-service" when they don't agree with something.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 19, 2010 1:48 PM

Jul 2010
A great change of pace after the previous two monstrous episodes, but I felt this was a bit too slow, with ALOT of unnecessary fanservice. Especially at the end (Good for Kaji though). There were still a number of really good moments, for example I loved the bandaged face of the Eva with the crazed grin and the ominous heartbeats. Really creepy. The trip through Shinji's thoughts was pretty fucked up, but other than that there's not too much to complain about.
Dec 6, 2010 12:52 PM
Sep 2010
tigerz said:
That's not how you use a birth control pill.

lulz.

All these comments on fan service. lol.
There was certainly lots of fan service in this episode, but not all of it was unnecessary. The hallucination that Shinji had reveals his conscience. It showed his innermost, deep, subconscious thoughts, as well as, a "connection" with Eva. Who knows why he had a harem fantasy about the three girls, but maybe it's because he is drawn to them (not necessarily sexually).

Asuka is a frustrated girl that masks her vulnerabilities with confidence and pride (qualities opposite to Shinji's). He is drawn to her because they are so different, and she has the elements he doesn't have.

Rei is the emotionless, but mysterious girl that seems like she wouldn't open herself to anyone. When Shinji saw a gleam of humanity and happiness while she was talking to his father, he became curious. About her. About his dad. About that sparkle. It's interesting that Shinji identifies Rei as his surrogate sister in his hallucination, but at the same time, is attracted to her.

Misato is the only one that genuinely cares for Shinji. She is like a motherly figure to him (though their relationship is a bit.. ambiguous). About the last scene. It was a combination of her emotional agitation and her diminished trust with Ritsuko. I think the sex was an excuse to meet with Kaji because of her general, psychological issues, instability from occuring events, and frustration from being left out of the loop (with secrets of NERV/the Evas).
Feb 12, 2011 10:17 PM

Aug 2010
This episode was too DEEP for me.

Also, my body was not ready for that last scene.
Feb 23, 2011 6:04 PM

Sep 2009
If that was Fanserice then the scenes where the Mechas fight are obviously moments from the Slice of Life genre.

Not exactly Deep persay. I think it tried a little to hard.
Everything was simple enough to follow.
Shinji got turned into liquid goo, but not really because the Eva itself absorbed him.
The Eva is most likely his mother like I have been assuming thus it released him.
Of course I could be mistaken.

The sex scene was totally necessary.
It's slapping you in the face and telling you that her loyalties have just done a heel face turn. Everything she believed in, everything she is is no longer the same.

The Penguin could have replaced Shinji as the pilot of Unit One.
Apr 23, 2011 3:23 AM

Apr 2009
So... Shinji wants a harem... I can't blame him.
May 4, 2011 10:46 PM
Feb 2011
Oh God...I don't know who I'd pick between Misato, Rei, and Asuka! They're all too cute <3
May 8, 2011 10:19 PM

Oct 2008
=O
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 4, 2011 4:41 AM

Feb 2010
Convolvolus said:
Oh God...I don't know who I'd pick between Misato, Rei, and Asuka! They're all too cute <3

Id pick virgin Asuka for sure.
Dont want that cold Rei.
like Misato too
Signature removed. Please follow the site rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2011 10:48 AM

Jul 2009
- ...boss we have an unexpected problem with this NGE project.
- What do you mean?
- We just can't write a decent story!
- Hmmm... Let me think... Have you ever mixed Vodka, prozac and LSD?
- Errr... Nope...
- Well, I did. You know what came into my mind then?
- No, sir.
- Incoherent, illogical, senseless stuff. Lots of it. Why don't you put it into NGE?
- Why do I have a feeling that it won't work?...
- It will. You'll see. And in fact - people will love it. And we'll call it... Mindfuck.
Nov 24, 2011 10:23 PM

Mar 2010
I think a lot of you are misunderstanding the reasoning and point of this episode. It goes beyond just the thoughts and needs of Shinji, but humanity as a whole. The entire episode (if you payed good attention) was a metaphor into human desire and naturalism. The need for men to sexually explore (the same for women, but shown through Shinji's perspective in this case) and experience humanly pleasure. Notice how Asuka, Rei, and Mitsuno all spoke about ''how good it felt'' and ''do you want to be one with us''. Pay close attention! It isn't just about the last sex scene that happened to last longer than we needed (-__-) Looking forward to the next!
Jan 25, 2012 1:16 AM
Jan 2012
Call me silly, but I'm going to talk about the FIRST things that came to my mind. Meaning, all assumption, UTTERLY NON-CANON.

Two things to talk about:

Shinji Crazy Nonsense-

I related to this as it being similar to lucid epic dreams that people sometimes have when they're suffering from high fever. Obviously he wasn't under that condition, but since its all science fiction, I'm sure the writer used it as a point of reference. .. Soo that's how I explain that. It had no real point to it at all, just that it was a way for the writer to articulate a phenomenon that could occur given the set of circumstances.

To explain it from experience, your mind takes on a sort of primal drive, and is utterly controlled by your subconscious. Certain laws and rules won't apply in this realm because its not the "civilized" connection we share in the waking world. It is VERY much random, and VERY psychedelic.

The "harem," as everyone is calling it, is an emotional "impacting" factor in my opinion. Much like how it connects with the audience. I would assume most people would see it and say " .. Uhh.. What the Fff-?" And while in his case, or in this scenario, his reaction is not the same as ours. That was the signifying cue to finalize the high fever lucid dreams / hallucinations epiphany.

^ All that is utterly subjective garble from impulsive thinking, so don't take it too seriously.

Kaji / MisoSoupw/e her name is, at the end-

This is actually the main reason why I was looking this up, because it was the most confusing. I was watching it in English audio, so the w/e noises weren't as risque as some of you describe.

My first reaction was a dud. Nothing popped into my head, but I felt it was more than belleh rubz and curled toes.

So after thinking about it, and reading some posts on the forums, I had this silly idea that Miso Soup was getting an oral release from Kaji. Partly because of the name of the episode, and also because she puts a pill down on the night stand, or more to the point, sex without the desire to procreate. Note that during this time, Kaji has already expressed a sort of deadened emotion towards death in the previous episode, and MISO -- FFS. Srsly. I'm going to check out her name.

--

Misato. Misato and many of the other characters in the story are expressing concern of inevitable doom. Note that Kaji says "This is a present for you, the first in 8 years. And maybe the last as well," right after Misato puts a pill on the nightstand and looks at him strange. So .. Point:

I think that the "context" in the translation is misleading. I think that "Don't put strange things into me" was in reference to Misato being reared by Kaji in an effort to have unprotected sex which proved successful, and that the "gift" was his seed.

don'tflamemaplz ><!! kthx.

PS!!: Also note there is an opened condom wrapper sitting next to the cup on the night stand. Just noticed. That either makes it more right or more wrong.. or just more confusing.

PSS: Derp. Episode 23 16:40. NULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.
sheamJan 25, 2012 2:45 AM
Apr 17, 2012 1:37 AM
Jan 2010
What a fuckin cock tease.... They spent A minute showing us the window while they're banging each other. LMFAO, the noises were too funny.
CrehbohrahkuApr 17, 2012 1:46 AM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Should i watch this ( 1 2 )

Lonely_kun - Yesterday

59 by NewestPersonHere »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 13, 2007

194 by ToTheGyz »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CitizenGeek - Mar 27, 2008

268 by ToTheGyz »»
Apr 17, 4:15 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Voltlighter - Dec 10, 2007

290 by ToTheGyz »»
Apr 16, 5:19 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Voltlighter - Dec 17, 2007

810 by _reii017 »»
Apr 16, 2:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.