Forum Settings
Forums

If you had to make a list of 5-10 anime you consider MUST WATCH, what would be on it?

New
Sep 4, 2019 10:13 AM

Jun 2019
So, the top 10-50 rated only gets me so far. I'm interested in what you guys come up with for a must watch list. Like, 'the 10 essentials', if you will. If you think it should have multiple genres, feel free to make a list like that, if you find only series from 1 genre to be must watch, that's good too. I'm just looking to find new fantastic stuff, and in the meantime find out what people find the most crucial anime of all time.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 4, 2019 10:22 AM

Apr 2019
If somebody doesn't overuse high ratings, precisely the handfull of anime scored 10 iand 9 in his/her list, and the 10 from the profile's favorites ...

Sep 4, 2019 10:28 AM

Jul 2017
One Room
Try Knights
Tokyo Ghoul :re (particularly the 2nd season)
Big Order
Fairy Gone
Ore ga Suki nano wa Imouto dakedo Imouto ja Nai
Citrus
Ousama Game
Ulysses: Jehanne Darc to Renkin no Kishi
Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria
Sep 4, 2019 10:30 AM
May 2018
off the top of my head i'd recommend
Code Geass
Attack On Titan
FMA:B
Clannad
Baccano!
Violet Evergarden
JJBA
One of Run With The Wind/Haikyuu/Welcome To The Ballroom
Sep 4, 2019 10:30 AM

Jun 2016
I can't make a specific list because I feel like I'm leaving good stuff out but if I were to compile one I would include a mix of popular and critically acclaimed anime including my favorite anime of all time (ghost in the shell), some highly regarded shows like FMAB, HxH and steins gate, a ghibli film, a mamoru hosoda film, something that looks nice like monogatari or fate/zero, a gainax show and something funny like nichijou
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Sep 4, 2019 10:32 AM
May 2019
1. Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion
2. Serial Experiments Lain
3. Ergo Proxy
4. Macross
5. Steins;Gate
6. Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 3: Hangyaku no Monogatari
7. Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
8. Koukaku Kidoutai: Stand Alone Complex
9. Mawaru Penguindrum
10. Digimon Adventure
Sep 4, 2019 10:41 AM
Jul 2018
1-SAO: Always relevant, you could always talk about it and/or use it as an example.
2-Your Name: One of the few mainstream movies in anime(that isn't pokemon or a Ghibli movie) so you can talk about the movie with people outside of MAL as well.
3-A Silent Voice: Really good analysis videos on this one.
4-Future Diary: An introduction to the Yandere.
5-Toradora: An introduction to the Tsundere.
Sep 4, 2019 10:42 AM

Feb 2018
So many good shows out there to watch but I’d have to say:
1. Fate/Zero - the Nasuverse is interesting asf and F/Z is the perfect introduction to it
2. Steins;Gate - truly the definition of a masterpiece imo
3. Clannad - I think you’ve heard of why you should watch it
4. Cowboy Bebop - timeless classic plus space cowboys
5. Sakurasou no Pet na Kanajo - great characters with really relatable themes. Recommend watching Bunny Girl Senpai if you like it since the novel is written by the same author
6. Toradora - the peak of romdramedy in anime if you ask me. Was the anime that got me into non-action anime and it holds a special place in my heart
7. Monogatari Series - the way this series is written is beyond amazing. The author of the novels has some serious skill at creating stories. The amount of weaving the story does but never creating any inconsistencies and instead always connecting is mind blowing. On top of that, the characters are all really likable for the most part and have quite a bit of depth
8. Violet Evergarden - heartwarming and beautiful story with a lot of sad moments along the way. Also is pretty asf
9. AnoHana - best 1 cour original anime out there. Still can’t believe the creators made it as good as it is with only 11 episodes
10. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - love it or hate it’s one hell of an easy anime to recommend. Easy for hardcore anime watchers to enjoy while also being one of the best ways to introduce someone to anime. Can you truly be an anime fan without having watched it?
Kwen53Sep 4, 2019 11:09 AM

Do-do-donuts, let’s go nuts!
Sep 4, 2019 10:44 AM
Apr 2016
I'd recommend

Psycho Pass
JJBA (parts 3 & 4 particularly)
ERASED
Fate Zero (1st season is a bit of a slog but 2nd season is awesome)
Attack on Titan
Mob Psycho
Kekkai Sensen
Rurouni Kenshin (Kyoto Arc eps28-62 and maybe watch the first episode)
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

Sep 4, 2019 10:44 AM

Oct 2015
3-Gatsu no Lion
Clannad: After Story
FMAB
Gurren Lagann
Hajime no Ippo
HxH 2011
Monster
Mushishi
Steins;Gate
Uchuu Kyoudai
Sep 4, 2019 10:47 AM

Jul 2019
My list:Konosuba(both seasons)
Black Clover
No Game No Life
Youjo Senki movie
Isekai Quartet
Darling in the FranXX
Naruto(shippuden too)
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken
One Punch Man

Sep 4, 2019 10:55 AM

Jun 2019
Must watch? Oh man, i still miss a lot of gems that could much likely be in this list, ie - Lain..etcccc.

My first rec would be, 91 days. The names in the show are kinda fucked up but if you ignore that, it's a really enjoyable anime. The ending left a bit to desire since it was kinda forced but in same way it had that moment of "Variety" and it didn't really follow the same generic ending that most similar shows served us.

My second one would be, Baccano. Baccano is weird to me because when i saw this for the first time i dropped it, as i probably felt bored. However as i encountered by chance a second time i decided to watch it and my opinion completely changed. It's really bizarre. It's really unique and it ain't never getting a second season. I just wanna kill my self now, bye.

My third one would be, Monogatari series. There isn't too much to say about this anime since everything has already been told already but it's pretty damn good. It's so unique and it has a fantastic plot to say the least ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). The art style is beathtaking.

My fourth would be, Your Lie In April. YLIA is probably my favorite anime of all time and it's obligatory for me to rec it. It's something i truly think it's pure masterpiece and it's the anime that has made me cry the most. However, if i do a rewatch i do have that feeling 1: I'm not gonna like it as much as i did 2: I might hate Kaori. There are reasons on that but that's not the appropriate thread to share those.

My fifth one would be, One Piece. One Piece is the anime that i got into the medium. I will never forget the skypea arc (which by the way is one of the best acts of the entire show) to which i've seen it for the first time. Never been so hype for something than watching that arc. Never.

My sixth one would be, Tiger & Bunny. This show is, objectively speaking the best superhero fiction ever created. I've seen a lot of them but so far nothing ever surpasses this one. It's so sad, it's so wholesome, it's so deep, it's so cheerful and it has one of the best MC ever to appear in the medium itself.

My seventh one would be, Spice & Wolf. This show has make me depressed over something, in many people's eyes, "Irrelevant" at first viewing of episode, i think 12 of the first season. It's something that no one ever would think nor care about it, yet i was mentally depressed when i watched it for quite some time. It all revolves in episode 11-12 of season 1. Not going into details, and i truly think this is a show everyone should try to watch.

My eighth one would be, Hunter Hunter the 2011 version. This show has; the best fight in history, the best rage moment in history, the best old man in history, the best explanations in history and the best villain in history. Yeah, totally one of the greatest anime in history.

My ninth one would be, Lupin. Lupin the third is a masterpiece that surpass the masterpiece itself. It's something everyone would like to make, yet only one has achieved that. It has the best team ever. EVER. It also has one of the greatest waifu ever to exist. Fujiko just really knows how to suck de kok.

My tenth one would be, Kara No Kyoukai, yes, you know the reason. Cause of my waifu. She's only mine and only. Keep that in mind.
Sep 4, 2019 10:59 AM

Mar 2018
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Monster
Hellsing Ultimate
Zankyou no Terror
Code Geass
Kenpuu Denki Berserk
Baccano
Black Lagoon

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 4, 2019 11:03 AM

Jun 2019
inim said:
If somebody doesn't overuse high ratings, precisely the handfull of anime scored 10 iand 9 in his/her list, and the 10 from the profile's favorites ...

Not necessarily. Someone's favorites might be a different list from a list that same person would call 'essentials'.

Sep 4, 2019 11:13 AM

Apr 2019
NickRedMachine said:
inim said:
Not necessarily. Someone's favorites might be a different list from a list that same person would call 'essentials'.
Ok, using that defintion here are my top 10 genre and art-form changing anime (only watched ones). Happens to be my personal criterion for a 9 and 10, btw :D In chrono order, and mainly movies because that is where I come from originally.

1. Kanashimi no Belladonna (1973) - introduced art house to anime. The mediums coming of age.
2. Hadashi no Gen (1983) - best anti-war anime, first mainstream JP film to touch trauma #1: Hiroshima bomb
3. Kaze no Tani no Nausicaä (1984) - it's success allowed to found Studio Ghibli, and is the prototype for all their children movies
4. Akira (1988) - introduced anime to the west as a serious art form
5. Koukaku Kidoutai (1995) - brought hard sci-fi realism to anime, and inspired "The Matrix"
6. Neon Genesis Evangelion (1995) + End of Evangelion (1997) - Changed everything, boys edition
7. Shoujo Kakumei Utena (1997) + Adolescence of Utena (1999) - Changed everything, girls edition
8. Mononoke Hime (1997) - Peak Ghibli
9. Perfect Blue (1998) - Goddamn art. made it clear to the world that anime is art and here to stay.
10. K-On!! (2010) - Peak moe, defined the 2010s

It's no coincidence that there are so many late 1990s anime in the list. The industry had collapsed along with the financial bubble of the 1980s (which Akira is the epitome of) and the early 1990s were the desert. Then anime re-invented itself, and what is produced today is pretty much still the same era.
inimSep 4, 2019 12:30 PM

Sep 4, 2019 11:14 AM
Jul 2018
I"d say....

1. Hakkeden
2.Guilty Crown
3.Hiiro no Kakera
4.Hakuouki
5.Fruits Basket
6.Code Breaker
7.Black Butler
8. Neo Angelique Abyss
9. Samurai Champloo
10. Fire Force
Sep 4, 2019 11:15 AM
Jul 2019
shingeki no kyojin
re:zero
akame ga kill
code geass
fullmetal alchemist:brotherhood
Sep 4, 2019 11:18 AM

Mar 2015
- Made in Abyss
- Monster
- HeroAca
- Attack on Titan
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Akira
- Death Note
- A Ghibli movie
Sep 4, 2019 11:33 AM

Apr 2019
Mirai said:
- A Ghibli movie
People tend to think all Ghibli movies are for kids and directed by Hayao Miyazaki. And they usually know Spirited Away, Mononoke Hime and 1-2 children movies. But: Ghibli is not that uniform. There are four directors (two of them founders and equal geniuses), nearly 4 decades, and 20 official films (22 if you add the fringe cases). I'd strongly recommend to not watch "any Ghibli movie", but the ones not targeted at children and not by Miyazaki. Because that happen to be the really good ones. Here's my top 5 Ghiblis in order, all 8-10s. I've watched 17 / 22 from their portfolio.

1. Mononoke Hime (1997, Dir: Miyazaki)
2. Hotaru no Haka (1988, Dir: Takahata)
3. Omoide Poroporo (1991, Dir: Takahata)
4. Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi (2001, Dir: Miyazaki)
5. Kaguya-hime no Monogatari (2013, Dir: Takahata)
inimSep 4, 2019 11:57 AM

Sep 4, 2019 12:05 PM

May 2009
NickRedMachine said:
So, the top 10-50 rated only gets me so far. I'm interested in what you guys come up with for a must watch list. Like, 'the 10 essentials', if you will. If you think it should have multiple genres, feel free to make a list like that, if you find only series from 1 genre to be must watch, that's good too. I'm just looking to find new fantastic stuff, and in the meantime find out what people find the most crucial anime of all time.
I feel like this might just end up with me listing my favorites -- most of which are very far outside the top series on MAL anyway.

Would you like me to make such a list, or are there other criteria you'd prefer I use?
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Sep 4, 2019 12:08 PM

Oct 2018
Well, I could make a good list, but my trash opinion doesn't matter, because I have SAO in my favorites

Oh and I also have shit taste in anime because I like Shield Hero

And let's not forget, that I have a high mean score, so an idiot like me can't be taken seriously

Last, but not least, my name is from SAO, so I'm a 10 yrs old stupid fanboy who has no valuable opinion on anything

So don't trust me whatever anime I recommend
-Aincrad-Sep 4, 2019 12:15 PM
Sep 4, 2019 12:15 PM

Dec 2015
Monogatari serie.
Great Teacher Onizuka.
Koukaku Kidoutai.
Neon Genesis.
3-gatsu no Lion.
Versailles no Bara.
Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan - Tsuioku-hen.
Cardcaptor Sakura.
Ookami to Koushinryou.
Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki

Something like this I think.

Sep 4, 2019 12:23 PM

Jun 2019
It's a little bit tricky to create the dividing line mentally between what might be my 5 - 10 top favorites (which I guess you could also see by checking everyone's favorites list on their individual profiles) and what I would consider "MUST WATCH" in the sense of recommending to others. Some of my absolute favorites I don't imagine would have the widest appeal

The best way I can think of to attempt to bridge this gap is to try to include a diversity of genres, so I can also include shows not on my personal top favorites list (but obviously I still liked and rated them highly or why would I recommend them here?)

So I'll try to include ones that I think offer up and epitomize some of the best of their genre out of what I've seen so far. I'll also lean toward complete stories and not ones which are still ongoing on the air or unfinished.

For Fantasy, Adventure, and Romance - Inuyasha

For Horror and Thriller - Higurashi no Naku Koro ni/Kai and Shiki

For Slice of Life and Coming of Age - Usagi Drop

For Sci-Fi - Kiseijuu/Parasyte, Ghost in the Shell, and Eva (I didn't love this, but there is a lot of worth there and no one could deny its influence on the genre or the medium)

For Military - Legend of the Galactic Heroes and 1997's Berserk (beware unfinished/cliffhanger)

I'm not really certain what I would highlight as of now for such a major genre as "Drama" since most of the above series are part dramas anyway, so I'll just leave it at that for now.

Xstasy said:
1. Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion
2. Serial Experiments Lain
3. Ergo Proxy
4. Macross
5. Steins;Gate
6. Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 3: Hangyaku no Monogatari
7. Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
8. Koukaku Kidoutai: Stand Alone Complex
9. Mawaru Penguindrum
10. Digimon Adventure

At first glance I was stunned and taken aback by this list. I love Lain to pieces, but didn't expect it to show up on any "must watch" lists because of inaccessibility (and it seems like more and more people are complaining about it lately).

Unrelated, but partially because of this list I saw your profile and that you had just completed Angel Cop. Welcome to the miniscule to non-existent club. I feel like no one talks about or has seen that anime with it never coming up even on MAL.
WatchTillTandavaSep 4, 2019 12:28 PM
Sep 4, 2019 12:32 PM

May 2018
10 is too short...

Than 10 essential sci-fi:

Akira - was kind of important for me
Cowboy Bebop - some stylish stuff
Ghost in the Shell SAC - cyberpunk done right
Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor OVA + Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor Movie 1-3 - mecha can be different (counts as one because is one continuity different that the TV series)
Kino no Tabi (2003)
Memories - experimental
Ouritsu Uchuugun: Honneamise no Tsubasa - alternative history
Planetes - what space opera should be like
Tiger & Bunny - superhero fun
Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 - what space adventure should be like
alshuSep 4, 2019 12:37 PM
Sep 4, 2019 12:34 PM

Jun 2019
GlennMagusHarvey said:
NickRedMachine said:
I feel like this might just end up with me listing my favorites -- most of which are very far outside the top series on MAL anyway.

Would you like me to make such a list, or are there other criteria you'd prefer I use?
Whatever you consider to be THE 10 anime people should watch. How you come to that list is entirely up to you.

Sep 4, 2019 1:32 PM

Sep 2018

Sci-Fi: Texchnolyze,Eva, LOTGH, Cowboy fuckboi, Lain and Ghost in the Shell
Fantasy: Berserk is probably the only one :/
Slice of Live: 3-gatsu no lion,Welcome to the NHK, something from Takahata

Genral ones: Monster,Monogatari and Inferno Cop

-Mullerio-Sep 4, 2019 1:39 PM
Sep 4, 2019 1:56 PM
Aug 2015
NickRedMachine said:

If you haven't watch these yet, I highly recommend:
- Attack on Titan
- Fullmetal Alchimist Brotherhood
- Mo Dao Zu Shi
- The Heroic Legend of Arslan
- Donten ni Warau
- Death Note
- Clannad
- Free!
- Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
- Shaman King

And for animation movies:
- Kimi no Na Wa.
- Koe no Katachi
- Blame!
Sep 4, 2019 2:04 PM

May 2014
All my favourites of course, what else
Sep 4, 2019 2:10 PM
Dec 2018
FMA & FMAB
Naruto
Death Note
Attack on Titan
Steins Gate
Assassin Classroom
HxH
Zankyou no Terror
San-Gatsu No Lion
Sep 4, 2019 2:30 PM

Mar 2019
I consider nothing "must watch" in the absolute sense; he is a fool who gives absolute advice — advice is to be given under the consideration of what one thinks the advised would like.

I know quite well that some of the things in my favorite list would very much not be to the liking of some of my friends.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Sep 4, 2019 2:39 PM

May 2009
NickRedMachine said:
GlennMagusHarvey said:

Whatever you consider to be THE 10 anime people should watch. How you come to that list is entirely up to you.
Okay.

Eureka Seven - the story of a boy's adventure, growing up through trials and tribulations, including romance. So many strongly emotional moments. This 50-episode series is long enough to have the time to introduce a variety of setting details and also let experiences sink in in preparation for climaxes.

The iDOLM@STER - pop idol show biz, and with a fully realistic setting (as opposed to some other shows). The great variety of characters, in addition to playing well off each other, allow the show to focus on a variety of aspects of the industry (even if their portrayal may be somewhat idealized), and furthermore each characters get their own dedicated episode which means there's something for everyone, particularly those who are interested in characterization and character development. And of course, there's a variety of Japanese pop idol music to go along with it, including a different ED every episode.

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha franchise - a set of three TV series and related spinoffs that are famous for a magical girl with a willingness to reach out to and understand others -- even amidst or perhaps through, heavy fighting. Well-known for being inspired by Gundam and also being one of the earlier magical girl series to aim solely for an older audience. I've seen the first season, the second season (A's), the third season (StrikerS), and one of the spinoffs (ViVid Strike!), and recommend everything that I've seen. There are also movies (two of which are remakes of the first season and A's, and two of which are entirely new) as well as another spinoff series (ViVid) which I don't think people like as much, plus various other things such as "sound stages" (which are like anime without the animation) and manga.

The Tower of Druaga - this two-cour show is very roughly based on an old arcade videogame, but the barebones nature of that game made it possible to create a whole fantasy setting mostly new. It's a swords-and-sorcery setting, though a number of elements -- including the way magic gets cast and some other magitech features -- are unique to this series, as are the influences from Babylonian/Sumerian myth. The show has both comedy (particularly the early episodes, and including both versions of the very first episode) and drama which drives a number of character interactions and is meant to bring you to the question of why people are trying to climb the titular tower in the first place.

Beatless (including Beatless: Final Stage) - a show that raises intriguing questions about humanity's relationship with artificial intelligence. Has action and romance elements, but the show is focused on the philosophical questions. Its original novel form is currently getting an official translation.

Chaika the Coffin Princess - dark fantasy with a good dose of moral ambiguity. In the peaceful aftermath of a great war, some out-of-work mercenaries are hired by a mysterious but adorably klutzy girl who seeks to bury the defeated emperor's remains. Why is she doing this? Why are there government agents after her? Who is good and who is evil? (Two cours.)

Umi Monogatari - a one-cour series that is a magical girl story, but it's actually a story about character interactions and relationships, and is set in the Amami Islands. The folkish, jazzy soundtrack, as well as dreamy theme songs, lend this series a strong sense of atmosphere.

Four Rhythm Across the Blue (Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm) - while this one-cour show was adapted from a multi-route romance VN, the show instead focuses on the sports aspect (and in my opinion it was a good idea given how I feel the romance wouldn't really fit). So this is basically a sports show, about a fictional sport, and how the characters each find their own meaning in it, as they get better at it while competing in tournaments. The show manages to make the sport quite appealing, with lots of interesting tactical details -- I want to play flying circus myself! -- and also focuses on the journeys each character takes through their experiences of playing it.

Kiddy Grade - a space sci-fi show about a pair of buddy cops who are special agents working for a galactic government organization. Starts off pretty lighthearted, but it gets a lot more complicated than that, leading to a number of memorable and often quite touching scenes, with iconic characters and a strong soundtrack.

Beyond the Boundary (Kyoukai no Kanata) - In this Kyoto Animation series set in modern-day Japan but with supernatural elements, a boy and a girl meet each other. But they are both misfits, in their own ways, and both are important to groups that deal with fighting against malevolent spirits. Drama ensues. Excellent music and visual details, as one would expect from a KyoAni series.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Sep 4, 2019 4:09 PM
Mar 2016
One Piece
Attack on Titan
Your Lie in April
Parasyte
Your Name
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Cross Game
Gintama (simply because of how much it brings)
Code Geass or NGE
Gurren Lagann
Sep 4, 2019 4:25 PM

Feb 2010
I could overthink this but in the end 5 or 10 is never gonna be enough since I've seen so much and already had trouble narrowing it down to 100 in a blog post a did a while ago which I keep semi up to date: https://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=765907

So now I'll just go with my two favorite directors and their body of work: Dezaki & Yuasa

Ie Naki Ko
Ashita no Joe
Rose of Versailles
Takarajima
Space Cobra
Oniisama e...
Ping Pong
Tatami Galaxy
Devilman: Crybaby
Yoru wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome
Kaiba
Yoake Tsugeru Lu no Uta

Damn, it's still 12.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 4, 2019 5:04 PM
Jul 2018
Probably one work from a known animation team and even that would not suffice

I'll try though:

1. Aoi Blink (last work of Osamu Tezuka)
2. Wings of Honnaemise (Gainax apex in animation quality and unique work)
3. Heidi (Miyazaki, Takahata and other animation legends)
4. Ashita no Joe (best Dezaki/Sugino anime)
5. Harmagedon (Rintaro, Otomo, Kawajiri, as influential as Akira with the same staff involved, based on a work by Ishinomori, criminally underrated)
6.Paranoia Agent (Satoshi Kon's ideas better laid out in TV format)
7. Serial Experiments Lain (Abe, Konaka, Nakamura, Ueda)
8. Mind Game (best work by Yuasa)
9.Princess Tutu (Junichi Sato, Ito Ikokou and others created one of the best post-2000 anime)
10. Hyouka (one of the most representative works of Kyoto Animation)
11.GITS 2: Innocence (best Mamoru Oshii anime movie)
Sep 4, 2019 6:16 PM

Oct 2008
Tsubasa Cronicle (adventure)
Black lagoon (crime)
Golden Time (life)
Haibane Renmei (weird)
Aoi bungaku (mindfuck)
Sep 4, 2019 6:40 PM

Jun 2016
For mainstream audiences:

Gintama
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Ping Pong
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Aria
Steins;Gate
All Satoshi Kon movies
Sep 5, 2019 4:50 AM

Dec 2018
3 gatsu no lion
Food wars
Clannad after story
Tsuki ga kirei
Assassination Classroom
Violet Evergarden
Nana
Death parade
Relife
Sep 5, 2019 4:53 AM

Feb 2019
Short_Circut said:
One Room
Try Knights
Tokyo Ghoul :re (particularly the 2nd season)
Big Order
Fairy Gone
Ore ga Suki nano wa Imouto dakedo Imouto ja Nai
Citrus
Ousama Game
Ulysses: Jehanne Darc to Renkin no Kishi
Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria

Can't believe you forgot masterpieces like Boku no Pico, Eromanga Sensei and Corey in the House. smh
Sep 5, 2019 5:05 AM

Mar 2018
Hunter x Hunter (2011)
Monster
Texhnolyze
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
Yakusoku no Neverland
Gintama
3-gatsu no Lion
One Piece
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Sep 5, 2019 5:08 AM

Feb 2015
In this order:

1. Nyanko Days (at least 3 times)
2. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (either the series or the 2 movies is fine)
3. Fairy Tail (first season)
4. Seto no Hanayome
5. .hack//Sign
6. Dragon Ball Z (Kai doesn't count. Only the old Ocean/Funimation dub with Faulconer OST)
7. Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. (both seasons)
8. Senyuu. (all of it)
9. Mazinkaiser SKL
10. Sword Art Online (because **** you)

Your existence doesn't even matter to me if you haven't watched at least half of this list. (kidding, kidding)
Sep 5, 2019 5:10 AM

Apr 2015
Jojo, One Piece, One Punch Man, Laputa, Hikaru no Go, Gintama, Sailor Moon....thats about it.
Sep 5, 2019 5:18 AM

Jan 2009
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (why not suggest the highest rated here on MAL)
Mob Psycho 100 (im sure this will get a complete anime adaptation)
Star Driver (nice original anime that have a lot of action and awesome songs with decent plot)
Re: Creators (reverse Isekai anime thats unique at the moment)
Planet With (Gurren Lagann lite and its only 12 episodes too i did not recommend Gurren Lagann because of too much fanservice of it)
Sep 5, 2019 5:39 AM
Apr 2019
Start with Death Note
Then watch FMAB and Steins Gate
A ghibli film
Kimi no Nawa
Grave of the fireflies
Attack on Titan
one punch man and Mob-psycho
Then watch a slice of life anime.

Congrats you can now become a mainstream watcher who likes anime.
Sep 5, 2019 5:43 AM
Twincool~

Oct 2018
I'd have to say:

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion
2. Yuu Yuu Hakusho
3. Hunter X Hunter 2011
4. Monogatari Series
5. Stein's Gate
6. Attack on Titan
7. Code Geass
8. Death Note
9. Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
10. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (for the memes)
Sep 5, 2019 6:50 AM

Jul 2019
All season of JoJo's Bizarre adventure, One Punch Man, Berserk 1997, Hunter x Hunter, The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. Well thats about it.
Sep 5, 2019 9:44 AM
Jul 2018
Tenki no Ko
I want to eat your pancreas
Yakusoku no Neverland
My Hero Academia
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san
Mobile Suit Gundam:Iron Blooded Orphans
Kaguya-sama:Love is War
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Mob Psycho 100
Nichijou
Sep 6, 2019 1:51 AM

Sep 2017
1. Attack on Titan
2. Jojo
3. MS Gundam : Iron Blooded Orphans
4. FMAB
5. One-punch man
6. Kaguya-sama
7. Code geass
8. Danshi koukousei
9. Tenki no ko
10. Kimi no nawa
Sep 6, 2019 2:06 AM

Nov 2011
First of all, watching is not a hard thing to do, I understand if there is a list like "10 books you should read before you die", but for watching anime or movie in general 100 different titles are not that much bother.

But if I am insist in trying to make a list, I guess :
-2 Ghibli movies, one from Miyazaki and one from Takahata
-Neon Genesis Evangelion
-One Piece
-Death Note
-Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
-Ghost in the Shell (SAC is more recommended)
-Rose of Versailles
-Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
-Utena or Penguindrum
Jim_HeartSep 6, 2019 2:14 AM
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Sep 6, 2019 4:20 AM
Jan 2017
Neon Genesis Evangelion
One Piece
Death Note
Code Geass
Sep 6, 2019 4:53 AM

Aug 2017
Madoka
Monster
Cardcaptor Sakura
Serial Experiments Lain
Snk
Clannad: After Story
FMA: Brotherhood
Death Note
SAO
Evangelion

Honorable mention: School days
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

91 by Zarutaku »»
8 minutes ago

» Characters you like but everyone else hates.

Spunkert - May 17, 2023

48 by Styx_Thistle »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 12 hours ago

24 by Spunkert »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Best kind of relationship in anime?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

15 by Spunkert »»
15 minutes ago

» Favorite Spring 2024 OP/ED?

Serafos - Apr 15

22 by TitanOfPlasma »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.