Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Carole & Tuesday
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 4, 2019 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh man, the incident from the previous episodes had an effect on the presidential elections.

At least Carole and Tuesday are getting a noticable nomination. Interestingly, I find it interesting to see more of Carole's tomboy side and that she meets one of her childhood friends.

Pretty interesting episode.
Sep 4, 2019 9:36 AM

Nov 2007
Nominated for New Artist Award of music awards, along w. ex-child actress and that guy who seems to know Carole. Ex-child actress going to perform, though.

HiroC's character getting called and requested by his father, but he rejected him. Later he was captured and told ex-child actress to listen to her replica.

That guy was getting bullied and Carole protected him. She really left message to his IG.

So he really remembers her. He briefly explained that he changed because to survive in the Earth that getting worse.

New song while continue making new album.

Then showing that guy's rap song. Expressing his survival? He got caught, too from illegal immigration long ago (from Tuesday's mother's politic?)

Suwabe-san reporter meeting Tuesday's brother. They are teaming up.

Ex-child actress getting mad at using her own replica, and her "mother" fell from getting mad.

25:15 next
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 5, 2019 12:10 AM

Nov 2014
I don't really like the politics in this show. I feel like they're taking up too much of the plot and we're not getting enough music. I mean, nothing wrong with politics in a series, but if they can add it into the tags so I know what to expect then I wouldn't be so disappointed now.

It also seems like they're reflecting on real world events a bit too much, especially with the female trump and not letting in outsiders and etc. Not sure how to feel about that...

I like the new guy. I hope he and Tao can team up in prison and make a jailbreak or something.

Looks like Angela's mother has kicked the bucket. She seems kinda bipolar, somethings so kind sometimes so violent. I wonder if she got a heart attack.
Sep 5, 2019 7:38 AM

Sep 2010
ttcchen said:

I like the new guy. I hope he and Tao can team up in prison and make a jailbreak or something.

I'd love to see that - Tao getting all gangster

Pretty interesting episode, though I feel bit sorry for Angela....her 'mother' always freaked me out - think she needs a good friend
Sep 5, 2019 7:49 AM

Sep 2017
the “crash the server” song so mf GOOD,i was expecting something a but more cheesy but it was actually good like i can listen to it outside of the anime just like all the other songs? i think it speaks to todays issues too and how the government will do anything to make anything that stands out,not stan out anymore and the MASSIVE problems with immigration/racism (which is currently going on in america rn *and all over the world but as an example* where kids are being held like animals.) i liked the line “i cant speak robot,but i can speak spanish” hell yeah my dude.

overall another emotional episode,good episode. It really took a turn since like ep 15? i think its more interesting this way and keeps the viewers wondering whats gonna come next. Great episode!

"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk
Sep 5, 2019 7:54 AM

Feb 2011
Man the politics are cringy af in this show.
Sep 5, 2019 8:04 AM

Jan 2017
The politics plot really dragged the show down for me, especially since now it's pretty much the main focus. I also don't like how obviously it wants to parallel the situation in US now, it's way too heavy-handed. I'd be much happier to focus on the girls more again, but their story too, it's like now that they sort of made it in the music industry it's not as interesting anymore.

The show would have done better if it was only one cour or if it left the X-Factor competition as the last arc, with the girls trying for their breakthrough during the whole season.
Sep 5, 2019 8:30 AM

Aug 2018
It was obvious that the bombing event was nothing but created to influence the election. However as it was said previously, all these controversial & political stuff (by controversial, I refer to immigration which is a daily subject in real life) tend to become annoying. Especially because they concern people which aren't so related to the story.

Well, at least this episode featured a rap song that was not bad at all, either the lyrics or the rythm itself. And indeed it became easily viral eh.

Lastly, Angela's mother finally revealed her game, her real intentions.
Sep 5, 2019 8:36 AM

Feb 2014
The plot is getting heavier every episode now. That rap drop was hectic and kinda groovy to go on. Ezekiel crashed the server.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 5, 2019 8:53 AM

Jul 2015
Man, I hate when anime gets political.
This whole subplot is obviously based on current political climate in America.

Sep 5, 2019 9:01 AM

Feb 2018
Ezekiel's song was spitting fire, that was a cool rap.

Why did this show get political tho

C&T are nominated for the grammys is that when they'll give their miraculous seven minutes performance? This is getting exciting
Sep 5, 2019 9:31 AM
Sep 2016
Piromysl said:

yes, but the situation and the debate of immigration in Europe is even worse now for historical reasons than in America, , also China has immigration problems, it's a global topic....

in libya there are prisons and probably places where immigrants "disappear" (European states pay and pretend not to know what happens)
thekillfraSep 5, 2019 9:37 AM
Sep 5, 2019 9:56 AM
Feb 2019
Never thought I would hear Denzel Curry (a popular western rapper) on an anime and "crash the server" was a fire song
Sep 5, 2019 10:03 AM

Aug 2019
Now i dont have any idea how this show will end
Theres a lot of thing. politics, music, and cringe romance. Character building still not done, and i still dont know relationshit between mars and eart people. World building still not done yet. Theres a lot thing they need to fix in last 4 episode. I just want the last episode will be focus on musical without another shity thing
Sep 5, 2019 10:06 AM

Nov 2017
I'm just goona come out and say it: the main storyline is not coherent at all. They had too many threads to tie up and now it just looks like a series of random events. The worst part is, with some rearrangement, this story could be really good. The Angela plotline is much better in that regard, it doesn't have an overwhelming amout of pointless characters and is actually going somewhere.
The most awkward part about the show are those three dudes who play instruments with C&T. I mean poor guys don't even have names as far as I know, makes all of their scenes feel really uncomfortable to watch.
The sound mixing on the rap song was pretty bad, I could barely hear the beat. A shame, since the flow is solid and the lyrics are good as well.
TheDopplerEffectSep 5, 2019 10:11 AM
Sep 5, 2019 10:37 AM

May 2015
Aww, Carole blushed while watching her oh so handsome friend.

I liked this episode, two songs, very contrasting but both great. This politics thing unnerved me from the start and now it spreads its poison even more.

Angela's situation is nothing new, quite basic for this kind of industry but it's still sad. Especially the way her mother reacted to the honest words. It could totally be played out as too caring parent who is partly to blame, partly because she wouldn't realize her mistake until pointed out, but she was pointed out and basically admitted it without any touch of regret, it's just the worst. Poor Angela.
Sep 5, 2019 11:22 AM

Mar 2018
Ok wow this episode showed a negative turn on basically... Everything except Carole & Tuesday

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 5, 2019 11:22 AM

May 2012

The term shallow is what define this political subplot for me.

It is like they are relying on current real world events to be the background for their anime political issues, instead of actually developing how it would be in an interplanetary context. Going illegally to another planet seems to be logistically very different from crossing from Mexico to United States. (Well, I'm guessing they are supposed to be illegal immigrants because normally, legal refugees can have work permission, after all they are legal, and that guy mentioned he can't work because he is illegal. But Carole was referred as a refugee, and she used to work at lots of different jobs, so I'm guessing she is legal. I mean, if she weren't legal already, it would be quite weird for her to enter the Mars Brightest without issues. My point being, if she is legal, then how is all this political sub-plot even relevant to her as the main character? I can only see it affecting Ezekiel, who wasn't even present in the anime until now, and may easily disappear soon and never be mentioned again like all other side characters, including Carole's father.)

And I still don't know anything about Earth and Mars, I don't even know if Mars means the whole planet, or if everything is just a small artificial state inside a dome. I don't even know if Earth is getting literally destroyed by volcanoes or something like that, or if Earth have some kind of new World War happening and Mars is related to it, or even if every country were merged in one big government and now everyone is poor and trying to move to Mars (I don't remember Earth people having actual nationalities other than "earth", so I wonder if Earth still have nations in this anime's context or if they are just being lazy by not including it).

The plot is unfortunately going the "tell, don't show" route, and I'm really missing more explanation for what they want to make plot-relevant. Maybe if they had used the previous episodes to explain all this mess, instead of wasting them with irrelevant characters, things would be less cringeworthy now.

The only thing I still care in this show is my Angela x Tao ship. Somehow it has been properly developed since the beginning.

Men Are From Mars, 
Women Are From Venus 
and Gays Are From Uranus

Sep 5, 2019 11:42 AM

Dec 2011
Thank god there's only four episodes left.
Sep 5, 2019 11:48 AM

Dec 2016
Wow, what an episode :O

Ezekiel made a bold move in his video song. Who would burn a refugee certificate like it's trash and also showing his own certificate up close? That was a big threat for the government! X(

Carole & Tuesday's producer Tobe is drinking in a funny way... am I the only one who sees that the cup he's holding is in the wrong way?

Did Angela's mother had a heart stroke or was it something else?

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Sep 5, 2019 11:48 AM
Mar 2015
Things are moving Tao rejects the effort by Valerie and Jerry's master to join his campaign to take over mars. AS a result he was arrested Ezekiel is scheduled to be deported after writing a song about the immigration.
With Tao gone Angela is able to reject the AI but her mother has an attack
Sep 5, 2019 12:24 PM

Apr 2016
Well, just here to say, I like the politic here.

Shit is shit and the use of xenophobia to get elected is not something only Trump the clown did. In most countries if not in all of them you'll find some politics trying to use immigration as theme to get votes and attention more or less successfully.

Of course the show could talk only about music and forget about any other real issue, but like in real life, you have artists who don't care and other who care and do something. The latter is probably what we'll get here, thank to the production team of this show.

I bet on an event where all artists we saw in this show reunite and perform to stop trump-valerie from being elected : happy end ! ... not like in real life ;)
Sep 5, 2019 1:06 PM

Jul 2016
I tell you what, this is shaping up to be one powerful finale. And speaking of powerful, man, Crash the Server's great. That's one of the best songs in the series so far. A lot of this episode just kind of sucked me in. I lost track of time and didn't see the ending coming. TBH, it's not been mentioned for so long that I kind of forgot about what Angela's mum wanted, and the actual stated dynamic between her and Angela. It hardly ever comes up, so when she started ranting I was like, "oh yeah, I completely forgot about that".

Sep 5, 2019 3:13 PM

Nov 2016
They did my man Ezekiel dirty, but hey, he went out like a boss 🖕🏾

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 5, 2019 3:18 PM
Apr 2019
Here's what I think. The politics (while redundant) will somehow affect Tuesday because of her mother. At least that's what I think. Given Ezekiel getting arrested, it could make people not like Tuesday because of her mother's policies. I'll be honest, I do love C&T, but the story of the politics is kind of ham-fisted but I hope that it does play a role in Carole and Tuesday's rise to fame.
Sep 5, 2019 4:11 PM

Jan 2011
I know some people have issues with the politics but I like how it has been built up and we can finally see how it is starting to affect everyone. I will say I don't think Valerie is a Trump like character because she is only doing what Jerry and AI say and he most likely went behind her back to blow up the weather center. So IU get what people are trying to say but you need to see how it isn't fully one for one.

Also good character development for Tao and his true nature has been revealed. Dahlia is also showed her true colors before having a heart attack or a stroke. This is very color and it is nice to Angela really take a big step and say, "I don't need no fucking AI to be great!"

Ezekiel was very cool and his song was fucking amazing. It was so fucking clean. I was losing my mind. I think I need to have a smoke after that. I also like how it shows how music and politics can blend together. People forget how songs can make people do things. I mean we have songs like Let's Start a Riot and Fuck Tha Police. So I don't get some complaints from that angle when music and politics go hand in hand. Th e song we got from Ezekiel is telling people to rebel and not just listen to what is beign fed to them.

Either way, great episode the final arc is gonna be amazing.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Sep 5, 2019 5:14 PM

Apr 2014
If ya'll are going to tell me that Ezekiel's (Denzel Curry) song wasn't DOPE AS FUCK then ya'll are haters. Plain and Simple.
MasterHavik said:
I know some people have issues with the politics but I like how it has been built up and we can finally see how it is starting to affect everyone. I will say I don't think Valerie is a Trump like character because she is only doing what Jerry and AI say and he most likely went behind her back to blow up the weather center. So IU get what people are trying to say but you need to see how it isn't fully one for one.

Ezekiel was very cool and his song was fucking amazing. It was so fucking clean. I was losing my mind. I think I need to have a smoke after that. I also like how it shows how music and politics can blend together. People forget how songs can make people do things. I mean we have songs like Let's Start a Riot and Fuck Tha Police. So I don't get some complaints from that angle when music and politics go hand in hand. The song we got from Ezekiel is telling people to rebel and not just listen to what is being fed to them.

thekillfra said:
Piromysl said:

yes, but the situation and the debate of immigration in Europe is even worse now for historical reasons than in America, , also China has immigration problems, it's a global topic....

in libya there are prisons and probably places where immigrants "disappear" (European states pay and pretend not to know what happens)

^^^^^^THIS THIS AND THIS x1000 THANK YOU!!!

I'm going to repeat what I said last week:
MiiyoSon said:

...people have been focusing on the wrong thing. I think there's a reason why they haven't shown what Earth is doing. They're not focusing on the policies, they are focusing on what it's doing to people. How it's driving them apart like when Spencer finally left Valerie. Jerry said in this episode

"When it comes to researching the human brain in order to control emotions using AI, music and politics are very much alike"

Remember this is a show about music and what has music done for people for the longest time? It brings people together. On the opposite end of the spectrum politics haven't done much but drive people apart especially when a politician's only goal is to get elected. This isn't just with what has been going on the U.S either. It's all around the world...

I love that they are finally starting to bring all of this together man. This shit is dope as fuck.
MiiyoSonSep 5, 2019 5:23 PM
Sep 5, 2019 5:30 PM

Jan 2013
they totally did a 21 Savage to Ezekiel! gotta check out Denzel Curry now

meanwhile FINALLY characters actually talking quietly in whisper when they are supposed to lay low...unlike 98% of other shows where the characters are still loud

and the Mama alleged death came sooner than i thought after the foreshadowing earlier
Sep 5, 2019 6:23 PM

Dec 2013
can’t get over my baby Ezekiel is so damn cute
Sep 5, 2019 6:34 PM

Jan 2011
they did my brother Ezekiel dirty man after such a legit song .

this arc has been pretty relevant to current real world problems

still got a month and shits popping off i'm back in C and T hopefully you can pull it off
Sep 5, 2019 6:36 PM

Nov 2015
That Rap reminded me of Childish Gambino’s song “This is America”.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Sep 5, 2019 7:47 PM

Feb 2019
I know I have been defending this show from the beginning but I really prefer the first half of the series where things were more lighthearted and simple. The immigration issue while a hot topic around the world is pretty played out at this point, so the politics are boring and generic.

We quite frankly have not had a lot of character development either being this deep in. I feel like I know more about Ertgun than I do about Carole and Tuesday at this point and especially Roddy.

Also the songs haven't really stood out either since the Mars Brightest arc and the songs were kind of the aspect of the show that I really enjoyed to begin with.

I think this show will end up with a 6 or 7 when all is said and done depending on how it finishes and how well the English dub is done.
Sep 5, 2019 8:50 PM
Oct 2013
I am actually enjoying the politics and music industry/showbiz aspects of the show. Unfortunately it is hard to separate Carole and Tuesday's careers (love and pursuit of music) from the politics when the decisions being made in the current political climate directly effect them as individuals; just this episode alone you can see the possible effects on other characters like Tao (Angela by proxy) and Ezekiel. I am sad Tao got arrested. Was really starting to like him.
Sep 5, 2019 8:54 PM

Apr 2008
Something tells me that Planet Earth is going to be destroyed in the coming episodes which is going to cause a humanitarian immigration problem which ties in with the whole political sub-plot in a question of politics vs humanity.

And thus we'll have a Penultimate "We Are The World" type song thanks to C&T in the attempt to move the hearts of people of Mars through the power of music. Which could be the Miraculous 7 Minutes.

BUT THAT'S JUST A THEORY....

Sep 5, 2019 9:15 PM

Jan 2011
MiiyoSon said:
If ya'll are going to tell me that Ezekiel's (Denzel Curry) song wasn't DOPE AS FUCK then ya'll are haters. Plain and Simple.
MasterHavik said:

Ezekiel was very cool and his song was fucking amazing. It was so fucking clean. I was losing my mind. I think I need to have a smoke after that. I also like how it shows how music and politics can blend together. People forget how songs can make people do things. I mean we have songs like Let's Start a Riot and Fuck Tha Police. So I don't get some complaints from that angle when music and politics go hand in hand. The song we got from Ezekiel is telling people to rebel and not just listen to what is being fed to them.

thekillfra said:

^^^^^^THIS THIS AND THIS x1000 THANK YOU!!!

I'm going to repeat what I said last week:
MiiyoSon said:

...people have been focusing on the wrong thing. I think there's a reason why they haven't shown what Earth is doing. They're not focusing on the policies, they are focusing on what it's doing to people. How it's driving them apart like when Spencer finally left Valerie. Jerry said in this episode

"When it comes to researching the human brain in order to control emotions using AI, music and politics are very much alike"

Remember this is a show about music and what has music done for people for the longest time? It brings people together. On the opposite end of the spectrum politics haven't done much but drive people apart especially when a politician's only goal is to get elected. This isn't just with what has been going on the U.S either. It's all around the world...

I love that they are finally starting to bring all of this together man. This shit is dope as fuck.
Hehehe glad I was able to help.

People lowkey forget how some songs made people stand up.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Sep 5, 2019 9:43 PM

Mar 2016
I don't know how they are planning to tie everything up by the last episode, but I think they will fail.
Sep 5, 2019 9:47 PM

Oct 2015
Was impress by Angela standing up for herself to that tyrant tranny! Wonder what she is going to do since mama collapsed.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 6, 2019 1:00 AM

Jul 2009
Yaaas Ezekiel, amazing song about how we need to FIGHT. THE. POWER. So good. The political aspect of this show is soooo well done. Showing us how those few powerful people at the top control everything. They want Tao arrested? Well then they're gunna arrest him and make up some bullshit excuse for it. They wanna bomb the city and blame it on terrorists? Welp they have the power and money to do just that. Ezekiel's song shows us that that kinda shit is to be expected in this reality and all we can do is fight back and raise awareness. Hell yeah. Not surprised he got arrested afterwards, but I imagine that will be the start of an uprising. I'm hoping the citizens of Mars won't stand for that kinda shit..but who knows, guess we'll see!

Also LOL @ people hating on the politics. It's a show mirroring our time. Pathetic that people get mad at shows that make them have to observe and think critically about what's happening in the world around them. Seems so many people would rather just vegetate in front of their screens and get off to all the pretty girls. Sad.
Sep 6, 2019 1:40 AM
Jan 2012
Otorez said:
However as it was said previously, all these controversial & political stuff (by controversial, I refer to immigration which is a daily subject in real life) tend to become annoying. Especially because they concern people which aren't so related to the story.

I agree that the political plot is just so... ham-fisted and annoying. They aren't really giving any nuance to the issue, and yeah so far it is an issue that affects mostly side characters, but I am guessing it is going to start addressing Carole and Angela, as Dahlia just seems to have revealed that Angela is an adopted refugee kid who she raised. I think that's what's implied by "You don't even know who you are. You have no where to go." or whatever it was Dahlia said.

I agree with comment #18 about the "tell, don't show" approach. Why sit there and have Carole explain her childhood past to Tuesday instead of showing a flashback of her and her friend? I mean, they did briefly show that, but it was only an image with no dialogue between them. Why not just give us a scene. I think we'd connect better seeing them together as children and SEEING him defend her from the people making fun of her for wanting to be a singer, and SEEING her defend him from the bullies, than her just saying so. Also when Carole said "I was the tough one" it really made me cringe and highlighted a main problem with this show. Everything is so obvious and tropey. Like ... duh... we know you're "the tough one". We've seen that already in almost everything you do. It's problematic though. Can't we see her have a moment of weakness and vulnerability? Everyone has those. No one is tough all the time. She didn't even cry when she met her dad and learned about his incarceration for a crime he probably didn't commit and learned of her mother's death. Tuesday was bawling b/c a crush didn't work out. Come on.

MiiyoSon said:

I did like Ezekiel's song, but... Meh... It's naive for them to not explain what is going on that makes people fear immigration. There's an ebb and flow to that, and in some circumstances in the real world, yeah, it's just politicians blowing smoke and trying to get people scared so they'll vote for them, but in some circumstances there are serious real-world consequences caused by an influx of immigration, so in a way it's a disservice to viewers to act like the only problem is people's attitudes about it. I wish that was the only problem, but there are people suffering on both sides (the immigrants and people in communities that get overrun by them, such as the "no go zones" in Europe). Singing a song about it isn't going to fix that. We need real on-the-ground solutions to these problems and this show is not going to deliver them, of course, because it's just some hipster dream of being able to smoke a peace pipe and sing a ditty and make the world a utopia through music.

I am going to be really disappointed if that's the way the show ends. The issues many people in the world now are facing, whether emigrating, or taking immigrants into their communities, are deserving of more mature discussion and story treatment.

It's really dystopian at this point, but if they seriously think they're gonna sell it on an ending where they just sing to end the corruption then I think they take us for idiots. If it was that easy we'd be living in the rainbow connection by now. There've been beautiful songs about united mankind for centuries now. It obviously isn't working.

Talim said:
Also LOL @ people hating on the politics. It's a show mirroring our time. Pathetic that people get mad at shows that make them have to observe and think critically about what's happening in the world around them. Seems so many people would rather just vegetate in front of their screens and get off to all the pretty girls. Sad.

Wow, get off your high horse. That's the problem exactly. The show doesn't make you think. It just shows a political plotline about immigration in the most bland, generic, naive way that really has nothing unique or thought-provoking to say about the issue beyond what we already see in the news and media every day. This show IS encouraging people to vegetate in front of their screens, and setting a lot of aspiring artists up for disappointment to act like it's just as simple as magically running into a musical new best friend, magically running into a manager with big connections in the industry, magically winning a talent show you clearly weren't as good in and broke the rules of, magically finding a band that will play for you for free, and magically getting nominated for a grammy within a year of releasing your first single. This show is bonkers. Nothing in it is realistic at all, and as much as it seems they want to make people aspire and dream, I think they're doing it in such a stupid way that it isn't actually helpful. Carole & Tuesday never have any serious problems or setbacks. Everything just falls into their laps and they can just keep cranking out radio hits like it's nothing. Even when Tues got taken back in by her mom's goons and they broke her out of the mansion... and their manager/staff are the ones who got arrested, you gonna tell me that didn't make the news? The media isn't saying ANYTHING about the daughter of this presidential candidate being a new music artist who ran away from home?

It's just stupid. There may be some charming things in there, some heart, good music, and maybe even some lessons go be learned, depending on how it all ends, but the show is not smartly written in the least. If you want to see a smartly written political plot, check out Terror in Resonance. That show has a DEEP reflection on Japanese and American post-war politics (deeper yet if you know your history about the agreements the US and Japan made after WWII and Japan's limitations under the post-war treaties, also the diabolical truth behind Japan's unit 731 and what happened to the information they learned with that project). It's by the same writer/director so we know he can do it. He just seems to have missed the target this time.
LucentRiversSep 6, 2019 1:46 AM
Sep 6, 2019 2:38 AM

Aug 2013
Watanabe is not holding back on what he wants to say about the way the world is right now. This episode was a wild as roller coaster of WTF moments. And Ezekiel's song was indeed fire.
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 6, 2019 3:03 AM

Jan 2016
Best episode so far by a mile!

Both songs were fantastic. Things are about to heat up because Tuesday's the daughter to mars most hated/loved politician and Carole is a successful immigrant. I actually quite like the politics in this and I'm surprised that it's written by Watanabe. I feel like people who're born in suburbs without equal opportunities and stuff like that can actually relate to what's happening.

I'm afraid that Carole's trick having the word "bomb" in it is gonna be really bad for her in the upcoming episodes.

Also, Tao and Angela are the 2 best characters in the show
Sep 6, 2019 5:41 AM

Feb 2014
Poor Tao. I do like how he still flatly refused to use his skills for politics, but his boss just wouldn't take no for an answer, huh? Seeing Tao getting arrested was a bit of a downer.

Ezekiel's rap song was surprisingly good and, honestly, a lot better than most raps songs made today. His situation is understandable and does bring up the really touchy subject of immigration in general and the issues with it across the world in real life.

Although I must say that the big push of this political plot during the second half of this show so far has been rather irritating. It's been good and bad in certain parts and more of the music side has been given less spotlight.

Admittedly, I'm a bit pissed with politics myself right now (thanks to a certain anti-democratic half of the UK parliament), so I might be a little harsh on this show's plot right now. I mean, it's still decently done, but I rather see more music than this type of shallow politics that the show has portrayed so far. =/

With that aside, I respect Angela for making it clear with her mother that she's fed up with her controlling behaviour and wants to achieve her own dreams instead of her mother's own goals. When Angela's mother got pissed off and vented her fury, she collapsed on the floor, presumably from a heart attack. Damn...

With the way that this show's plot is going, I think it'll be down to Carole & Tuesday to come up with a song to stem this ever-increasing chaos, foreshadowing their "miraculous 7 minutes". The last four episodes will be interesting...
Sep 6, 2019 6:22 AM

Sep 2011
This was a really eventful episode. Tao refused to go along with helping Valerie to the end, knowing that he would be arrested for it. And Carole was able to meet her childhood friend again, only to see him being arrested as well after using his voice in a political way. But hopefully Valerie, Jerry, and the man behind them, who also funded Angela when she was starting and apparently raised Tao, will have their plans ruined by Spencer and Kyle.

And Angela is now struggling with Tao's arrest, her replica, and with her mama, who was okay until now, but who outright came out and said that Angela's feelings didn't matter while breaking her phone in a fit of anger. And no matter how you look at it, it's bad, unfair, and toxic. I don't know where this will go from here, but the end is near so maybe the Grammy Competition is going to be the finale. I hope it can move me.
Sep 6, 2019 6:49 AM

Apr 2014
ShiningLion said:

Can't we see her have a moment of weakness and vulnerability? Everyone has those. No one is tough all the time. She didn't even cry when she met her dad and learned about his incarceration for a crime he probably didn't commit and learned of her mother's death. Tuesday was bawling b/c a crush didn't work out. Come on.

She did show vulnerability. At the end of 14 she was practically on the verge of tears that whole time talking to her dad.

ShiningLion said:

I did like Ezekiel's song, but... Meh... It's naive for them to not explain what is going on that makes people fear immigration. There's an ebb and flow to that, and in some circumstances in the real world, yeah, it's just politicians blowing smoke and trying to get people scared so they'll vote for them, but in some circumstances there are serious real-world consequences caused by an influx of immigration, so in a way it's a disservice to viewers to act like the only problem is people's attitudes about it. I wish that was the only problem, but there are people suffering on both sides (the immigrants and people in communities that get overrun by them, such as the "no go zones" in Europe). Singing a song about it isn't going to fix that. We need real on-the-ground solutions to these problems and this show is not going to deliver them, of course, because it's just some hipster dream of being able to smoke a peace pipe and sing a ditty and make the world a utopia through music.

But music can inspire those smart enough to come up with those "real on-the-ground solutions" I will repeat what I said last week. This is a show about music. How it affects us. How it inspires us take action whether it be on an individual level or a macro level. For me I love the fact that the show talks about music in that vein as well. Replace immigration with any other global political issue and I think we get the same show. I'm not worried about this insane amount of detail about the issue you seem to be worried about because again I repeat
"I think you're focused on the wrong thing"

EDIT: Just so I'm clear on where I'm coming from with this I absolutely hate politics much like Tao hates politics. We don't go well with each other. But again I'm loving how it's coming together in the context of music because just this episode we finally got a proper Hip-Hop song and hip-hop has historically been one of the more politically charged music genres out there. With them political drama ramping up, the timing of the hip-hop song and the fact that this show is about music the themes just clicked with me man. I can not overstate enough how excited I am for the rest of the show and see what this "7 minute" miracle brings.
MiiyoSonSep 6, 2019 7:32 AM
Sep 6, 2019 7:13 AM
May 2014
KING DENZEL CURRY
Sep 6, 2019 8:49 AM
Jan 2017
This episode was amazing, and I can't wait to see what is in store for C & T.
Sep 6, 2019 8:55 AM

Sep 2017
Meh, this show is getting way too much political.
Sep 6, 2019 9:01 AM

Jan 2019
It's funny how some people are getting offended that the C&T is making a political statement and paralleling modern events, as if anime isn't allowed to while other forms of media do it everyday.
Sep 6, 2019 10:07 AM

Oct 2017
Aside the last rap song the episode was meh. I really feel bad for Angela and also did that sicko finally died, I wonder but probably not.
Sep 6, 2019 10:56 AM

Oct 2008
I see a lot of people refer to Valerie as the female Trump, but honestly... she looks, dresses, and acts eerily similar to Hilary Clinton (even the shade of her hair and eyes are the same as Hilary Clinton). She flip-flops on her politics and seems to have no attachment to any of her current rhetoric, she adheres to whatever's popular (ie listening and doing everything her adviser wants so she can be on top), she's got a warhawk mentality when it comes to Earth... Being tough on borders, closing borders, and so on was something Hilary talked about the first time she tried to become president. Valerie is much closer to Clinton than Trump.

Weird rant, I know, but each time I check out these boards o see what people think of the show, it's almost always filled with how people hate her because she's fem Trump, and it honestly just doesn't seem to be the case at all. It's even weirder with this episode... Crash the server is like Antifa stuff, and people are digging on that (start riots? Lol), but get that icky fem Trump stuff outta here. Do you want politics or not? Be consistent XD

Anyways, when anime/manga wants Trump in their media, it's very obviously Trump. This is very obviously like 2003-2007ish Clinton.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2019

180 by Shikkakku »»
Today, 8:04 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

120 by Shikkakku »»
Today, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2019

211 by jumbosan »»
Jan 29, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2019

98 by jumbosan »»
Jan 27, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2019

84 by jumbosan »»
Jan 27, 8:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.