Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 6, 2019 6:46 PM
Apr 2016
This show really is clever, very well made! I just wish the author actually had the creativity to make the planets and the characters unique and interesting rather than dull and boring.
Jan 2, 2020 5:11 AM

Jul 2015
A lot of plottwists these past few episodes, everything is slowly coming together

Honestly I didn't expect there to be a traitor at all and thought that it was just the adults thinking up this assasination plan.....

Feb 6, 2020 12:35 PM

Dec 2018
>get nuked
>ban guns
aahahahahahhahahahahahahaahahah
the left is fucking retarded.
Mar 8, 2020 9:22 PM

Dec 2016
The fact that Charce was the traitor was too obvious, I would have been totally suprised if someone like Aries was the traitor. I am disappointed,most of the plot twist in this series have been very predictable so far.
GinozaMar 8, 2020 10:12 PM
Apr 10, 2020 9:36 PM

Jan 2019
I know its not the point of this episode, but I still can't get over the gun thing.

Ah yes, we just had a war with nuclear weapons that wiped out half of the world's population. What's the first thing our New World Order should do? Ah I know- ban the individual possession of firearms!

It sounds like either Ultra-Conservative Fear Mongering or Far-Left Ideological Propaganda, with literally zero in between.
Apr 17, 2020 3:24 AM

Feb 2018
Another great episode, more information.
Apr 18, 2020 4:59 PM

Feb 2019
Charce is indeed the real assassin
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Oct 4, 2020 10:00 PM

Sep 2018
I know Ulgar is innocent but Charce T----T I like him! I thought no one is an impostor.. they already got close together to think of killing. Sad :( 
Feb 12, 2021 7:06 PM

Mar 2019
The direction of this show varies from dogshit to amazing, and this episode was the latter.
TheDeedsOfMen said:
Unfortunately, there is an asteroid-sized plothole here.

They have a civilization with FTL capability and even wormhole technology, yet they apparently cannot divert a single asteroid. That seems implausible. Even if there are reasons why it can't be done, they never even touch the subject or explain why not.

If they have wormhole technology, the ability to produce a large number of wormholes in operation and FTL on top of it, I see no reason why they couldn't be used to change the asteroid's trajectory. Even if the asteroid is 300 kilometers across, all it needs is a relatively gentle push over the years to avoid Earth. The planet is actually a pretty small target in space and in constant movement relative to other bodies, so the trajectory of the asteroid would barely have to change. Far more realistic than moving much of the world's resources to another planet.

Suck up some of the asteroid's mass, ram it with large objects (at FTL speed?), or drop stockpiles of nukes and other explosives if you really can't do anything else. Might as well chip off rocks with wormholes and launch them right back at the asteroid itself from a suitable angle. They don't need to destroy the whole thing; it is enough to push it enough to divert its trajectory. Even if there are some technical reasons why wormholes and FTL can't trivially solve this, they make travel to the asteroid so much faster and more efficient that they can keep pushing or nuking the rock as soon as it's discovered and keep at it every day with huge resources. After all, they must have gigantic resources available if they were able to migrate to another planet.

Also, if an asteroid is 300 kilometers across, it is one of the largest asteroids in the entire solar system. There are only about ten of them. If one of them was headed for Earth, people would know about it much sooner because they are such obvious targets for tracking. Eight years is an outrageously low timespan. I'd be more worried about the 10,000 asteroids with a diameter of about 10 km. How has an FTL civilization not properly tracked the largest asteroids that are well-known even today?

(By the way, I knew about this beforehand because I have read the manga. That's why I thought this through.)

It feels really jarring. An FTL civilization cornered by a single asteroid? Really?

You are not the only one cursed with knowledge.
Honestly knowledge can be a bane when enjoying fiction in general. Someone who doesn't know much about space, wormholes and asteroids can have so much awe, but we can see it's flaws.

They should have used excuse like earth was a hot planet again due to sun getting closer or excessive global warming. It would have been more believable.

Anime was it's best 20000 years ago, when cavemen drew art with real depth.
Modern anime is all garbage. I miss great old days of anime.
May 13, 2021 8:35 AM

Aug 2018
Wow, TBH! I THOUGHT KANATA WAS GONNA ACCUSES ARIES xD
So, the kingdom and story about Seira was lie or not? We got a huge revelation here but it's still episode 10... what will happen next?
May 29, 2021 3:49 PM

Oct 2017
I loved it when they intentionally fooled the audience with Ulgar, even if only for a mere few minutes.
Aug 2, 2021 3:08 PM

Jan 2021
I knew it. After that one episode. I had some suspicions that he was the one responsible. I just had a feeling.
Jan 12, 2022 1:46 PM

Apr 2019
Well, I've been had. Fooled. Hoodwinked even. I really thought it was gonna be Aries actually. It sounds a bit ridiculous but I thought that it made sense, trying to befriend everyone so that they wouldn't suspect her could've been her plan. But Charce was the runner up. Kinda thought that he would be when Kanata told him and Zack but dismissed it. Still glad it wasn't Ulgar though.

Now being the king's clone; that sure is something. Looking forward to finding out what Charce's actually backstory is.
Jun 30, 2022 12:48 AM

Feb 2020
bahaha wow I was right about la croix. His backstory was just too goddamn stupid. We also never saw him interact with his "parents", iirc. And his face when Aries questioned him was too villainous

Kanata's reasoning was far-fetched as hell but I've come to expect that kind of contrived writing from this show
Nov 8, 2022 11:04 PM

Oct 2022
Goddamn, Something told me that Kanata's plan was gonna be big brain plays and Ulgar wasn't actually the target, but boy that man went *all out* on his plan. Everyone was in on it!
May 29, 2023 12:36 AM

May 2023
The King of clones speaks out, see what he has to say at 11
Jun 7, 2023 12:57 PM

Aug 2019
Okay hold up. So everyone left Earth... And then the third world war immediately happened...? How does that work? Am I missing something or is that just a plot hole? The timeline they set up feels really wonky, but idk maybe it'll get cleared up? Because yeah this timeline doesn't work. Unless history repeated itself on both planets perfectly up until 1962, but even so that sounds really stupid lol

The rest of the episode was Kanata finding the real murderer on the ship, now revealed to be the king of Vixia, Charce

While I am glad it wasn't Ulgard, this is all starting to feel really stupid šŸ˜… Like seriously I feel like there are a lot of plot holes here. It just doesn't sit right
AlkimiaJun 7, 2023 1:02 PM
Jul 16, 2023 10:22 AM

Aug 2019
The author’s idea on what would result in a perfect utopia is hilariously bad, but I’m just gonna ignore that because I already knew that this show sucks ass at logical writing. The character writing is much better, though it still isn’t really all that impressive.

Charce is the impostor! Knew it all along but the fake-out with Ulgar almost fooled me.
Jul 18, 2023 2:59 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So the whole Earth/Astra thing is actually more serious than I thought. We clear SOME things up, but ultimately it boils down to it still being a mystery, them suspecting that the adults have not told them the full truth.

On a more important note I believe, we discover the imposter among us. Firstly, I thought the reveal was going to be that there never was a killer to begin with. Or if there was, it was going to be someone's alter ego, probably Aries'. But no, we got one, thanks to Kanata's smart thinking.

Aw man, we are at 2 episodes left and I was just starting to actually get invested in this show.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 30, 2023 1:12 AM

Nov 2023
Well, this was an okay but good episode
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

202 by DebiPS »»
Apr 18, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

347 by naturalbrawler »»
Mar 20, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

304 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
Mar 3, 5:10 PM

» how this is not more popular.

Sayms - Jan 15, 2022

21 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

168 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 5:40 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.