52 Week Challenge
Highlighted August
Akuma-chiJan 12, 2021 11:22 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 31, 2019 8:33 AM

Jul 2011
Random stubs pile

(Aired 2019 Summer)
[*] Tsuujou Kougeki ga Zentai Kougeki de Ni-kai Kougeki no Okaasan wa Suki Desu ka?
[*] Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai.
[*] Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator
[*] Enen no Shouboutai
[*] Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e
[*] Cop Craft
[*] Nakanohito Genome [Jikkyouchuu]
[*] Joshikousei no Mudazukai
[*] Hakata Mentai! Pirikarako-chan

Akuma-chiJan 1, 2020 12:03 PM
Feb 9, 2020 10:57 PM

Jul 2011
@Rage_Beat06

Literally I only use this for stuffing all my placeholders that I can't be bothered to update xD (and a few useless things too)
Feb 9, 2020 11:21 PM
Phantom Thief

Jan 2012
Feb 9, 2020 11:22 PM
Phantom Thief

Jan 2012
luckily bandori photos fit

yours is so much cleaner than mine
Feb 9, 2020 11:23 PM
Phantom Thief

Jan 2012
chibis too

Rage_Beat06Feb 9, 2020 11:27 PM
Feb 9, 2020 11:26 PM

Jul 2011
Omg, my challenges thread just got a lot more cultured xDDD
Jul 23, 2020 6:12 AM

Jul 2011
Just to checking if its good

Jul 23, 2020 6:16 AM

Jul 2011
The raw full list

Oct 7, 2020 3:06 AM

Jul 2011
🔷 Challenge Start Date: January 01, 2020
🔶 Challenge Finish Date: September 28, 2020

📣 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Akuma-chi?status=2

🚩 Completed Anime (at sign-up): 803
🚩 Completed Anime (at turn-in): 959

🥇 Sign-up form Initial Post Number: #127
🥇 Link to your sign-up form: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1818368&show=100#msg58928658

🔺 Difficulty: Diamond Medalist
🔻 Restriction: Torch-Bearer

🥁 Do you want your challenge inspected? Yes
🥁 Do you want your challenge inspected as Torch-Bearer? Yes

🔎 Turning-In CHECKLIST (don't remove once it's done)
  1. Have I entered all dates correctly following the provided format?
     — Are they in a consistent format throughout my sign-up and turn-in forms?
     — Does my overall Challenge Start Date match the start date of the very first anime I used?
     — Does my overall Challenge Finish Date match the finish date of the last anime I used?

2. Do all of my anime titles match the official title on their MAL pages?
     — Do the anime links I've provided lead to the correct pages?

3. Have I provided all necessary screenshots and extra information for the items that need them?
     — Do the screenshots I've taken show my username somewhere on-screen? (if they are on MAL)

4. For all items where a screenshot or extra information was needed, did I put it in square brackets on a separate line below the anime title?

5. Have I modified the format of the item list provided by the challenge team?
     — If so, please view the original sign-up code to make sure your list follows the exact same format.
When posting this form I'm confirming that
I have read the Rules, How to Participate, and the Item's Explanations sections in its entirety and
that I have completed the challenges to the best of my abilities.
[/color]
Akuma-chiOct 7, 2020 3:12 AM
Jan 15, 2021 1:06 PM

Jul 2011
Item list~
Bingo Challenge List with Explanations

• Anime = an animated work listed on MAL; any type is allowed unless otherwise specified.
  • Screenshots are suggested as evidence for some items which require information that could change by the time you turn-in. There are also items in which they are required, as the information will change after you complete them.
  • Any screenshot taken should include your username and status for the anime (if it's about an anime entry).
  • Some items rely on information provided by Anime+ - you don't need to make an account, just type your username and it will update the information for you.
  • Carefully read each item's additional information provided, as some of them require extra information to be provided.
  • Keep in mind that all items related to score will use the score displayed in the entry's page, not those you see while searching (if 0.00).

Apr 13, 2021 1:45 PM

Jul 2011
[color=]Akuma's Special edition Toriyama
Power Ranking Committee! Where I rant a lot.
[/color]

Spring sign-up sheet for people who wanna watch a bunch of seasonals

WAZZUP GUYS!!! It's probably about fucking time I posted a PRC post within a week of the deadline passing. I totally didn't go to sleep at 1am and then wake up at half 5, having previously laid as much groundwork as I could prior, for this, nope. I'm not REALLY raising hell or anything, but you might find that the rankings look a bit different than normal, but I'm just using a slightly different system, that I've been using for a while quoted as "preliminary rankings" but is, what I believe is something that probably would work slightly better even though Toriyama is probably the class least affected by a series' pure popularity (and actually probably takes a bigger hit on bias towards sequels) but I digress...

Last night, in a fit of tired high and fanciful thoughts of trollerisms, I'd concocted a deranged speech about rebellion and revolutions and all manner of pseudo-rousing, but otherwise, delusional sounding buzz phrases and monke noises in my head. I wish I could share, but my head is not very good at keeping things in it. Ergo, I shall just flaccidly introduce your new Toriyama Head starting from next season: KANLen09!!!! *fanfare noises* I say flaccidly cuz I probably shouldn't be stealing his thunder, I shall let him inflate his own ego, like I do, and hope that he doesn't become a... dicktator. *guffaws* I'm sure y'all already hella familiar with his name though, he's been writing us essays for a long while. Treat him nicely, and don't bully him like I do *salute*

So if any of you in Toriyama class are interested in submitting comments for the next hand in (even if it's just some joke you want to make about one particular series), this is your random reminder for that too!

Spring 2021 Seasonal Discussion has started!!! (It sucks though, cuz AG can't read anyway) First impressions thread.

You're getting spoilers, this is ANARCHY!!!

[url=]Next PRC hand-in for all classes is on uhhh... possibly maybe 20th April?[/url]

Directory
Other Classes
Winter Togashi Power Rankings 4
Winter Oda Power Rankings 4
Winter Character Power Rankings 1
Winter Toriyama Power Rankings 1
Winter Toriyama Power Rankings 2
Winter Toriyama Power Rankings 3

Let's hop to it!

1. Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2
[Score: 56.705] (11 votes)
(623.75 Points) [Top: 3] [Shift: --]

Re:Zero rides on a high the entire season, and totally imo (biased af I know) deserves first place. But this isn't just me, as it takes the #1 rankings of a whopping 40% of this hand-in's voter pool. Normally it would be in 3rd place, wallowing in it's 4th cour status, or 50 episode's deep gateway to being voted, but we Toriyama folks have watched most of everything anyway. So I guess it wasn't a HUGE disadvantage xD

2. Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season
[Score: 50.5] (10 votes)
(505 Points) [Top: 6] [Shift: --]

I am hella excited to watch this at some eventual point in time. The entirety of the 3rd season has been a romp pretty much all the way. People were super apprehensive about MAPPA taking over the project from WIT Studio, but I have big MAPPA bias, so it was exciting stuff. There's been all sorts of reception this season, but looks like a lot of Toriyama folks have it solidly in #3... I probably would too if I was watching xD

3. Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu
[Score: 49.732] (14 votes)
(696.25 Points) [Top: 1] [Shift: +1]

Huuuuu... so beautiful. Huuuuu... Sugibro's being the inner voice of Rudy has been eargasm~ And on the usual point-based rankings, it would've made first place for this final hand in!!! It quite literally switches positions with Re:Zero and I'm super looking forward to the next cour. We've barely started this grand adventure after all!

4. Wonder Egg Priority
[Score: 46.385] (13 votes)
(603 Points) [Top: 1] [Shift: -3]

The first of the rankings where both point and score are the same, I guess the ending must've been controvertial in some way, where I stopped, it seemed to be heading in a pretty good direction and I had a bunch of pretty good things to say about it. Oh well, I shall see :fufu:

5. Jujutsu Kaisen
[Score: 45.232] (14 votes)
(633.25 Points) [Top: 2] [Shift: +2]

Whewwwwww, what an amazing last episode. Sick animation, characters are cool and hella individualistic all the way to the end, backed up with engaging, easily digestible dilemmas and backstories and... Jokobo, what the heck is with your shit taste? :smirk:

6. Beastars 2nd Season
[Score: 41.694] (9 votes)
(375.25 Points) [Top: 6] [Shift: -1] [Current: 11]

This is like, one of the best social dramas I've watched. Throw aside your furry preconceptions and bask in surprisingly good 3DCG as well. Watch them struggle. Man, just typing this out, and thinking life in Beastars universe is a pain, then again, so's life in our mortal realm :smirk:

TheFlyingOrange presents: Pui Pui Molcar
(A sort of little known short)

Hoooooly crap! How this flew under my radar for so long, I have no idea but this is the most adorable, funny and weirdly dark (but in a totally comedic, nothing weird here way). Please watch it y'all, this probably should've been on the PRC eligibility sheet, but somehow got missed, so I'm just REALLY pushing for it. It's just a 3 minute shorts series after all.

7. Non Non Biyori Nonstop
[Score: 39.625] (4 votes)
(158.5 Points) [Top: 21] [Shift: +4]

NNBN really got screwed by being a multi-cour slice of life. With only 4 people watching this as far as Toriyama class is concerned and generally rankings in the more lukewarm territory, it was never going to score that high in points. The best part is that you probably didn't even need to watch the first 2 seasons to watch this. But man, has it been a fun and loveable romp, watching our cast grow up, play, ponder and us ourselves, learn a little more about the countryside, as we vicariously live out a refreshing and innocent slice of their lives~

8. Horimiya
[Score: 38.962] (13 votes)
(506.5 Points) [Top: 1] [Shift: -4] [Current: 5]

Horimiya kinda slipped way down but hey, it still manages top 5 on point totals, as we find ourselves alienated by a strange timeslip that leaves us a little hung out on what actually happened between the cast. Feeling like that when you haven't seen a friend in a while is fine, because at least you can chat and catch up with them. Well, I guess you could just read the manga though.

9. SK∞ the Infinity
[Score: 37.827] (13 votes)
(491.75 Points) [Top: 7] [Shift: +1]

Absolutely fantastic romp. Here's some cute real friendships, good times and cool tricks. And then there's the larger than life presentation of pretty much everything when they get out on the big stage. Old me probably would've scoffed at this, because it "looks positively ridiculous" but you're not gonna be able to be bombastic here, where are you gonna be bombastic?! Now, it would do better if we were going point totals and I would happily have it above 9th but I guess that's how the bread rolls.

10. Yuru Camp△ Season 2
[Score: 37.813] (12 votes)
(453.75 Points) [Top: 7] [Shift: -1] [Current: 8]

I feel as if I have a penchant for not letting Yuru Camp send me to sleep, cuz I'll try to sleep to Yuru Camp, but then I'll refuse to until the episode is done. Lotsa safety lessons and warnings to the dangers of camping so sometimes, it's just not entirely chill, though that can also depend on the characters. A great show all around, and occasionally stunning. Sad thing is, I can't even say Jokobo has bad taste here for putting Yuru Camp outside of his top 20, cuz relative to where it is on our lists, it's about the same (sorry, Jokobo, I keep picking on you cuz you just usually have bad taste :smirk:)

11. Dr. Stone: Stone Wars
[Score: 31.482] (14 votes)
(440.75 Points) [Top: 3] [Shift: +2] [Current: 9]

Much like its previous season, the scale's pretty ridiculous, but hey, it's fun, it's shounen, it's... kinda educational and totally not a surprise to be generally a middling kinda show on average. I may or may not have forgotten most of it cuz I'm mega baka and can't do elementary chem or physics to save my life.

12. Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season
[Score: 29.714] (14 votes)
(416 Points) [Top: 10] [Shift: +2]

Well, we got where the cover was kinda spoiling, in terms of the atmosphere of the series. And it's... lumped... with Dr. Stone. I didn't think it would actually be quite like that, even though I always treated them both as an item in my head, since they're both single cours following on from double cours that came out a while ago xDDD

13. Hataraku Saibou Black
[Score: 27.646] (12 votes)
(331.75 Points) [Top: 9] [Shift: -3] [Current: 12]

Really gets my heartrate going, this does xDDD I've just realised what's funny between this and the original, but this is like, a day in the life of, meanwhile, feels like some of the ways they tried to make OG interesting was occasionally introducing one time serious emergencies. Then agaaaain, most of them kinda happen on the daily, but regardless, Code Black just feels more engaging, but considering the unequal lengths of the shows, idk if we have a fair comparison here. That said, there are a different set of moral dilemmas, not that cells have any actual thinking to do xDDD

14. World Trigger 2nd Season
[Score: 25.75] (4 votes)
(103 Points) [Top: 26] [Shift: +2]

I get the feeling that, if you managed to get all the way through the first season, you were probably going to watch all of this season too, since the show's not that bad. CHANGE THE NEW WORLD!!!

15. Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun
[Score: 25.75] (11 votes)
(259.75 Points) [Top: 13] [Shift: -2]

Loved the show, was fine with how it ended. Maybe I'll set weird social aims for myself too... oh wait, I already do that, I just never go through with most of them :smugish: As much as I found the beginning of this show incredibly hilarious, I've grown more and more enamoured with Tomozaki, and this is considering he made it to my first PRC character hand in (I forgot the other 2), so y'know, it's good shit, and also stays generally funny throughout.

16. Tenchi Souzou Design-bu
[Score: 22.944] (9 votes)
(206.5 Points) [Top: 16] [Shift: -1] [Current: 17]

This is an increibly fun show. While some of the humour flies over my head, there is a delightful glee to watching the innovative creativity of the show. It succeeds delightfully in teaching an interest to those ill-versed in the wonders of ecology, while keeping things light and fresh from episode to episode without bogging down the viewer with complicated mumbo jumbo. I initially felt disdain for the setting and the premise but it is used in a way that really works to do what I stated above and a colourful, eccentric cast makes it truly shine, and for that, I have no choice but to appreciate its simplicity.

17. Gotoubun no Hanayome ∬
[Score: 22] (12 votes)
(264 Points) [Top: 14] [Shift: +2]

I wasn't too impressed at the beginning, but rediscovering the quintuplets and Uesugi, and seeing their mindset grow and evolve is weirdly satisfying. I actually found myself enjoying and rooting for everyone gradually. The point they are at at the moment though, is just generally a more engaging watch than how they were in season 1.

An offhand mention from vlad: Osomatsu-san 3rd Season

I'm sure Osomatsu-san has been a beloved, gut-busting romp from its roots. Parody, downright silliness and a verve for stupidity all in their own rights, the Matsuno brothers probably won't bore you, at the very least xD

18. Uma Musume Pretty Derby Season 2
[Score: 21.778] (9 votes)
(124.25 Points) [Top: 18] [Shift: +2]

The cast's the same, but the focus is different, and the mains are probably just going to be as loveable as the first season, if not more. I really enjoyed season 1, so I'm all for following uhhh... Teio and Rudolphi, I think. In this season... when I get to it. Bruh, don't judge the horse girls before you've kno-

19. Kemono Jihen
[Score: 21.458] (12 votes)
(257.5 Points) [Top: 14] [Shift: -1] [Current: 16]

For all the seeming crap main dude gets for his OP ability and "cardboard" personality, I personally quite enjoy him. The thing is, he's not stoic, he's just very bad at expressing emotions vocally, but his curiosity and mannerisms kinda just ooze out from his body language and he holds weirdly upright values for being a bit of a messed up kid with a messed up child, so it's not like you can say he had a screwed up moral development as an excuse. He's kinda confusing, but he's still kinda fun to watch, in a cut-price Yuma kinda way. We also made it safely out of the... prologue? Format of the story is also weird though, we don't have multitudes of emotional baggages to look forward to.

20. Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?
[Score: 20.942] (13 votes)
(272.25 Points) [Top: 13][/color] [Shift: +1]

Honourable Mentions

21. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou
[Score: 18.444] (9 votes)
(166 Points) [Top: 20] [Shift: +6]

22. Log Horizon: Entaku Houkai
[Score: 14.929] (7 votes)
(187 Points) [Top: 20] [Shift: +8] [Current: 23]

23. Hataraku Saibou!!
14.827] (13 votes)
(192.75 Points) [Top: 17] [Shift: -1] [Current: 19]

24. Kai Byoui Ramune
[Score: 13.906] (8 votes)
(111.25 Points) [Top: 22] [Shift: --] [Current: 22]

25. 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu
[Score: 13.031] (8 votes)
(104.25 Points) [Top: 24] [Shift: --]

Individual Rankings:

Akuma-chiApr 15, 2021 10:48 PM
Apr 16, 2021 1:40 PM

Jul 2011
Akuma's Special editio[color=]n[/color] [color=]T[/color][color=]o[/color][color=]r[/color][color=]i[/color][color=]y[/color][color=]a[/color][color=]m[/color][color=]a[/color]
Power Ranking Committee! Where I rant a lot.
[/color]
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» EyezOfNine Challenge Tracker

EyezOfNine - 5 hours ago

13 by EyezOfNine »»
4 hours ago

» jaeo_k's Badges

jaeo_k - Dec 28, 2022

21 by jaeo_k »»
Yesterday, 8:04 PM

» 💎 Shey's Den 「 links & banners for challenges/achievements 」💎 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SheyCroix - Apr 23, 2019

462 by SheyCroix »»
Apr 21, 6:39 PM

» BeanChagBear's Challenges ( 1 2 3 )

BeanChagBear - Sep 9, 2019

112 by BeanChagBear »»
Apr 17, 7:44 PM

» - Ranacchi's Majestic Code Dungeon -

Ranacchi - Apr 23, 2019

20 by Ranacchi »»
Apr 17, 9:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.