Forum Settings
Forums
#1
Sep 1, 11:09 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 190
 
#2
Sep 1, 11:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 960
5 years is soon to me to be honest, so many arcs that were dragged out, like Punk Hazard, Dressrosa, Cake Island and even the current Wano arc, and only 250-ish more chapters to deal with the World Government, Void Century, Revolutionary Army, Elbaf, Black Beard and finding Raftel and the One Piece, among other things that I'm forgetting? I would hope it would at least reach the 1500+ chapters range.

But well, Oda did say years ago that when the crew reached the Red Line we were halfway through the story, so if it ends on between chapters 1200~1300 his statement back then would indeed be true.
 
#3
Sep 1, 2:49 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 79
I hope i would remember this post 5 years from now so i can come here to laugh a lit
 
#4
Sep 1, 4:54 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 10493
I hope Oda doesn't decide to end the series with a lot of mysteries getting left in the dark, since 5 years is just...not long enough for One Piece.
 
#5
Sep 1, 5:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 689
Not sure how he'll deal with all the content left to cover in only 5 years.

That said, I'd rather have some of it being forgotten rather than explained/used poorly.

 
#6
Sep 1, 9:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 463
Oda is bad at estimating things. One Piece def will end around 2035
 
#7
Sep 1, 9:29 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 47083
quick google and it says in 2014 Oda claims One Piece will end in 10 years https://kotaku.com/one-piece-might-last-another-decade-1601604195/all so ye at least 2025 is the ending so he is still on track with that plan then
 
#8
Sep 2, 2:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 11196
I really hope it does...want to watch it till it ends
 
#9
Sep 2, 5:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 4993
If Oda says 5 years that means 7 minimum, y'all should know the drill by now.

Though this all but confirms Wano's climax is going to kick off the final act of the story.
 
Sep 2, 11:25 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 195
I don't believe in it. 5 years means 200 chapters. At current pace this doesn't cover two complete arcs and I don't think there are only one arc left after Wano. Even if Kaido and Big Mom get ultimately defeated, there will be still enough antagonists and misteries to be unveiled for two or three more acts at least.
 
Sep 3, 1:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 1028
It Took Luffy 13 IRL years to cross the first half of the Grand Line. The time skip happened in 2010 and the series started in 1997

2010-1997= 13


Luffy will take a total of 14 years to finish the second half.

2019+5=2024

2024-2010=14

It's important to remember that Oda takes far more breaks now than he used to.

One Piece is progressing at about the same pace as it always has. The series is slowly but surely wrapping up.



 
Sep 3, 11:55 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 47083
ANN reported it now too here

One Piece Manga Creator Eiichiro Oda: I Want to End Story in 5 Years
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-09-03/one-piece-manga-creator-eiichiro-oda-i-want-to-end-story-in-5-years/.150684
 
Sep 3, 1:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 10360
heg said:
ANN reported it now too here

One Piece Manga Creator Eiichiro Oda: I Want to End Story in 5 Years
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-09-03/one-piece-manga-creator-eiichiro-oda-i-want-to-end-story-in-5-years/.150684


I will believe it when I see it.

2ego said:
I hope Oda doesn't decide to end the series with a lot of mysteries getting left in the dark, since 5 years is just...not long enough for One Piece.


Aemnesias said:
Not sure how he'll deal with all the content left to cover in only 5 years.

That said, I'd rather have some of it being forgotten rather than explained/used poorly.


Sounds too me like you guys just don't want it to end, which is understandable, but the manga has been going on for like 20 years now? How much more longer do you guys want it to continue for? Another 10 years?
 
Sep 3, 3:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 689
keragamming said:
heg said:
ANN reported it now too here

One Piece Manga Creator Eiichiro Oda: I Want to End Story in 5 Years
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-09-03/one-piece-manga-creator-eiichiro-oda-i-want-to-end-story-in-5-years/.150684


I will believe it when I see it.

2ego said:
I hope Oda doesn't decide to end the series with a lot of mysteries getting left in the dark, since 5 years is just...not long enough for One Piece.


Aemnesias said:
Not sure how he'll deal with all the content left to cover in only 5 years.

That said, I'd rather have some of it being forgotten rather than explained/used poorly.


Sounds too me like you guys just don't want it to end, which is understandable, but the manga has been going on for like 20 years now? How much more longer do you guys want it to continue for? Another 10 years?


Length isn't the problem, content left to cover is. There're also a couple of ongoing manga I can think of that are longer than One Piece.

That said, I don't mind it ending, simply not in a half-assed or rushed way, as in leaving lots of introduced elements uncovered. I feel that if there's something authors struggle to do, it's to write a proper/satisfactory ending. We've seen how Naruto turned out, and I certainly don't want that happening to One Piece...

From what I've been told(I read arc by arc, reading ongoing stuff is annoying otherwise), Wano is far from over, they haven't found the 3rd road poneglyph yet, and then you still have Elbaf, Raftel, the war with the Government, and probably more, in 200 chapters. Seeing how lengthy the last couple of main arcs were (WCI is ~75, Dressrosa ~100, Wano is ~55?), I find it doubtful that 200 chapters would be enough.

He's not known for his accurate estimations either, so let's see what'll happen in the end. His health may be a worrying factor though.

 
Sep 3, 3:05 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 10493
keragamming said:
heg said:
ANN reported it now too here

One Piece Manga Creator Eiichiro Oda: I Want to End Story in 5 Years
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-09-03/one-piece-manga-creator-eiichiro-oda-i-want-to-end-story-in-5-years/.150684


I will believe it when I see it.

2ego said:
I hope Oda doesn't decide to end the series with a lot of mysteries getting left in the dark, since 5 years is just...not long enough for One Piece.


Aemnesias said:
Not sure how he'll deal with all the content left to cover in only 5 years.

That said, I'd rather have some of it being forgotten rather than explained/used poorly.


Sounds too me like you guys just don't want it to end, which is understandable, but the manga has been going on for like 20 years now? How much more longer do you guys want it to continue for? Another 10 years?
I do want it to end, but One Piece has been running for too long to end with a bunch of plot-holes. The buildup towards mysteries, etc, everyone wants them to hit us as hard as the curiosity we felt towards them.
 
Sep 8, 5:07 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 9
It looks like like Oda will just mash few plot points together at once so basically speaking for me it look like the crew will go to Elbaf for the last poneglyf where they will also fight goverment with help of revolutionary army also gaining info about Void century and after that they will go to raftel fighting Blackbeard for One piece.
 
Sep 8, 6:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 2483
Maybe he just really liked the last season of GoT and decided to wrap up 15 years worth of content in just a few arcs.
 
Sep 11, 10:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 9113
149597871 said:
Maybe he just really liked the last season of GoT and decided to wrap up 15 years worth of content in just a few arcs.

you win this comment section
 
Sep 11, 10:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 9113
also yea dw about it
oda actually sucks at time management and estimation
it defintely wont end in 5 yrs
 
Sep 12, 1:56 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1516
I doubt he can wrap it in 5 years.
My Wife is a Demon Queen
 
Sep 12, 2:04 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 11
That's impossible oda needs more time to end this geat manga
We ster have wano act 3,4,5 and arc for shanks and arc for black Beard , World Government
 
Sep 16, 8:40 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 406
Oda's editor confirmed that Oda was joking when he said that

source: https://twitter.com/EtenBoby/status/1173203824724631553?s=20
 
Sep 16, 8:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 9554
TheEnhancedExe said:
Oda's editor confirmed that Oda was joking when he said that

source: https://twitter.com/EtenBoby/status/1173203824724631553?s=20


We can rest easy now.
"Legal translators and subbers for anime/manga are like the Shichibukai, basically pirates hired by companies to keep other pirates in check."-SuperRed
 
Sep 18, 3:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 14139
FeministRed said:
TheEnhancedExe said:
Oda's editor confirmed that Oda was joking when he said that

source: https://twitter.com/EtenBoby/status/1173203824724631553?s=20


We can rest easy now.



It's honestly beyond me that his half-assed estimation caused such a shitstorm this time. Screw sensatiolism.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

 
Top

Preview MangaManga Store