Forum Settings
Forums

When you drink alcohol, what signs to you get that you're getting drunk?

New
Aug 31, 2019 5:45 PM

Jun 2019
I feel my cheeks burn as hell and I start speaking too loud. I think it's worth mentioning that I do this even when I'm drinking alone at my house.

Do you have any signs that you're gonna have a bad time next day? Or did you already get used enough to alcohol that you just don't get drunk?

Leading biologist Scott Pitnick said:
The bigger your 'nads, the smaller your brains
Aug 31, 2019 6:08 PM

Sep 2018
this is how you avoid a hangover

for every alcoholic drink you finish, drink a glass of water
Aug 31, 2019 7:22 PM

Jun 2019
Si-Ran said:

I swear by this

Usually I know I'm getting past my limit when I start feeling lightheaded like I'm not really there anymore
Aug 31, 2019 8:09 PM

Jan 2017
Usually after 1 drink I start being a bit more talkative, that's about it. Only really drink on certain events or something that needs celebrating.
Aug 31, 2019 8:25 PM

Dec 2018
usually its when you start getting a lil more physical and maybe beat one of your friends unconscious, thats the sign to stop drinking for the night and continue tommorow
Sep 1, 2019 2:18 PM

Aug 2017
I feel light, want to tell everyone how much I love them and I tend to smile way more often than I normally do.
Sep 1, 2019 2:22 PM

Mar 2019
I don't really "feel alcohol" if that makes sense. I just notice that my balance is wonky now, I'm a bit more talkative, and I have more self-confidence. If I got too drunk then I will become nauseous.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2019 2:57 PM

Jul 2007
After I've vomited into someone's pants and passed out for a couple hours in a nearby sewer.
Sep 1, 2019 3:57 PM

Mar 2016
i feel light, my face gets red and i have trouble walking straight

Sep 1, 2019 4:16 PM

Oct 2017
For me it's when I feel invensible, immortal and highly skilled.
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Sep 1, 2019 4:20 PM

Mar 2018
Burning sensation in cheeks and numbness in lips

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 3, 2019 6:38 PM

Sep 2018
shotz said:
the spins. i drink every day tho so it takes a lot to get there and i usually avoid it.

Si-Ran said:

nobody got time for that shit.

\
well it's a scientific fact that the guy with the biggest hangover is by far the coolest guy the next day
Sep 3, 2019 6:47 PM

Mar 2008
I don't really drink enough to have noticeable negative effect next day. I just get more talkative, slightly slur my words, my lips feel slightly numbed, and get sleepy. I used to occasionally get optimistic positive thought patterns but I built up too much a tolerance to alcohol so I don't really get that now or drunk from the amount I drink.
Sep 4, 2019 12:42 AM

Sep 2018
Laziness, I don't want to move at all. Except when I have to take a piss that lasts about 2 minutes.
Sep 4, 2019 2:14 AM

Feb 2015
When it seems now I need some sleep before I feel the weight of my body went towards my feet.
Sep 4, 2019 3:33 AM

Oct 2018
When I'm drunk (what actually didn't happen for quite some time) I do a lot of things I wouldn't do sober. If there is good music I'll dance nonstop. I become more talkative and say things to people I wish I'd be able to say sober. I'm generally becoming a very happy person when I'm drunk. But when the negative effects kick in comes the fall. And for me it's always like that. Either I drink modestly and am totally fine, or I'm getting drunk to the point that I want to die at the end of the night.
Sep 4, 2019 1:30 PM
Aug 2016
I rarely drink. The only time when I got drunk, I wasn't even drunk, I was dizzy, and it was in college.
But getting dizzy is one of the signs I am going to get drunk.
Sep 4, 2019 1:35 PM

Oct 2012
I spill secrets, write random people I haven't talked to in months, and order shit on amazon. Sometimes I cut myself. And then, I fall asleep fast. I also believe I can dance when I'm drunk.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Sep 10, 2019 1:25 PM

Oct 2010
when i start thinking

"I wish i drank milk instead this garbage, milk is healthy and cheaper and tastes infinitely much better while this is just bitter and trash"

lots of music -
Sep 10, 2019 1:32 PM

Nov 2016
Si-Ran said:

Nobody wants to piss that much. Shame on you.
Sep 10, 2019 1:37 PM
May 2018
I don't know.

I just suddenly start wondering what am I doing in China.
Sep 12, 2019 5:47 AM

Dec 2015
For me it's when I finish my first bottle of Vodka or when I can't properly drink a shot like you have vomit reactions etc.
Sep 16, 2019 11:26 PM

Aug 2014
i feel like i have to take a lot of pisses

penis lol
Sep 17, 2019 12:35 AM

Sep 2009
Whole-body burning sensations...
Sep 17, 2019 2:35 AM

Jun 2016
I start feeling a tad dizzy but nothing too bad.
Also vodka makes me sleepy asf, once I even slept through a fight going on behind me as I was sleeping on a staircase. That's why I prefer tequila.
Sep 17, 2019 2:55 AM
Jul 2018
I have such a high tolerance that it's actually bad for me. I have never gotten a hangover, but because I end up abusing alcohol, since I don't experience any bad side-effects, I developed alcoholic gastritis. And because it's really unpleasant, it's like having an extreme stomach ache, for me it starts the morning after and ends after a whole day or so, I now try to avoid it or pace myself better. So I kinda wish I had some signs that would make me stop or be more aware.
Sep 17, 2019 3:26 AM
Jul 2018
When I get the feeling to observe the scene from the outside a little bit and losing some control of your actions and stuff you say, which is such a weird feeling tbh.

Si-Ran said:

Absolutely. But don't expect that you could go too far with it.

Tho I don't drink too much anymore:
1. I hate that feeling of being drunk and hangovers the next morning.
2. It's fucking expensive.
3. I feel sorry for my liver and other organs, even if it only had been like once to twice per month.

Jeez, we actually did party a lot to think back... even if we were proud of yourself, because others did it every week. I feel old now, because I don't even know anymore how I survived Friday night drinking, hangover on Saturday, Saturday night drinking and hangover on Sunday, Monday school for 10 hours a few times, although I never drank to a blackout or so and the hangovers weren't THAT bad, but still. No. Too old for that shit.

darven said:
I feel light, want to tell everyone how much I love them and I tend to smile way more often than I normally do.

Also that.
removed-userSep 17, 2019 4:16 AM
Sep 17, 2019 4:07 AM

Jun 2019
It's kinda hard to explain, but for me it's when I act more on instinct instead of thinking stuff over, and the haze starts setting in.

Sep 17, 2019 12:12 PM

Oct 2009
i start slapping your wifu's ass

o wait never mind i do that anyway
Sep 18, 2019 5:50 AM

Feb 2010
dizziness, having some troubles walking straight and also craving one cigarette after another. I usually don't smoke cigarettes, but when I get drunk I can't stop. I always regret the smoking more than the drinking on the next day, but it's like inevitable.

But mostly I just kinda know when to stop and switch to drinking water intuitively. I'm almost 30, I've been drinking more or less regularly since I've been 13 so by now I have a pretty good grasp of how much I can handle and when I need to stop so I don't vomit, have a blackout or a hardcore hangover the next day. I can't really put my finger on it, but at some point during the night I'll just realize 'that's enough for today', and switch to water and it's always worked out in recent years.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 18, 2019 5:57 AM

Feb 2019
I start feeling smaller than I really am. I'm 198cm tall and once I actually thought I could fit inside a suitcase. There's no need to say I didn't fit inside that suitcase and I dislocated my wrist trying to do so. But this is when I'm almost close to passing out.

The more light symptons I get are constant laughter and urge after urge to go pee. When I feel these ones, I usually stop drinking for the night, because I hate having a hangover and I feel drinking more isn't worth it.
Sep 18, 2019 6:44 AM

Apr 2012
It's like having a kind of 'lag' to vision and balance.

I've never really had a 'bad time next day'. On a few occasions, the morning after was a little suboptimal, and that's what I've learned to stop short of. But I do so by knowing how much I'm drinking, not by paying attention to any particular warning signs. (And making sure I remain hydrated.)
Sep 18, 2019 7:20 AM

Jan 2009
i feel dizzy and gonna throw up and usually i just throw up to feel better, thank goodness i do not intake alcohol anymore ever since im become asocial or semi hikikomori
Sep 18, 2019 6:05 PM

Sep 2019
it usually takes a lot for me to get drunk...

but when i do, i feel like i'm walking on a cloud.

i'm way more affectionate, telling people how happy they make me, and more adventurous.

it was when i stopped searching for a home within others and lifted the foundations of home within myself.

i found there were no roots more intimate than those between a mind and body that have decided to be whole.

Sep 18, 2019 10:26 PM

Jul 2015
Hmmm... well, I get drunk (duh). Usually the easiest way to notice is to go pee. If I have to lean against the wall or if I miss the toilet, I drank too much.
Sep 18, 2019 10:39 PM

Mar 2012
there are a bunch of different levels to getting drunk so I never drive or partake in any activity if Ive had even one beer.

but personally, for me when I know I am 100% drunk-but-functional, my face gets numb and my mouth tastes like i chewed some kind of gum made of fresh green grapes.
Sep 19, 2019 4:09 PM

Jan 2017
I don't drink I just do not like the taste of anything alcoholic. I did once get drunk as a kid by accident and I could tell because I couldn't walk straight.
Sep 19, 2019 4:15 PM

Jun 2014
I've never tasted alcohol before, so I have no idea.

Sep 19, 2019 4:32 PM

Jul 2019
Really drunk? The spins - every now and when a flicker of black - eyes feeling tired - things being warped in time- and then the feeling of just needing to lie down. Generally, my warning sign to get a taxi or walk home.
Sep 19, 2019 5:40 PM

Sep 2007
I have to wonder, do you feel like a man when you push her around? Do you feel better when she falls to the ground? Well, let me tell you, my friend, I think one day this world is going to end. As your lies crumble down, a new life she will have found.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

58 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - 9 hours ago

13 by Spunkert »»
37 minutes ago

» For everyone who has signed up to this site using Protonmail, and doesn't use that address for anything else

vasipi4946 - 11 hours ago

3 by DesuMaiden »»
43 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - 6 hours ago

1 by KitsuFrost »»
45 minutes ago

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - Yesterday

21 by DesuMaiden »»
46 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.