Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2019 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tachibana clashing with Maria?! Hell, this episode gave me slight Senki Zesshou Symphogear G flashbacks.

That gun shot scene was painful to watch. At least Tachibana still had her energy to fight this episode.
Aug 31, 2019 11:42 AM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Dude the hype is uncontroulable now, this episode for me was ridiculous good.
Everyone knows that the seiyuu's of this anime are extremely good but in this episode Tsubasa (or better Nana Mizuki) was so great. That shot scene, dude.
lucio54Aug 31, 2019 12:04 PM
Aug 31, 2019 11:45 AM

Dec 2011
GENJURO FIGHT
GENJURO FIGHT

BIG EVIL GRANDPA DOING NARUTO SHIT

Basa amalgam

Mama Maria giving basa some tough love.

Go away topdad

Actual good dad does the sacrifice.

Kamiku being controlled.

Noble red BTFO

Next episode is gonna be spicy.
Aug 31, 2019 11:45 AM
Jun 2019
Why this season is the best of all?
Masterpiece
Aug 31, 2019 12:06 PM

Jan 2013
OMG this keeps getting better every week.
Aug 31, 2019 12:24 PM

Oct 2014
Top Dad bascially redeemed himself in this ep. Which is great.

Fudo being able to fight evenly with a Season 5 tier symphogear is pretty great, too.
Aug 31, 2019 1:53 PM

Jul 2013
Not gonna lie, this is probably my favorite episode of the whole season, and one of my favorite ones of the whole series. If I have one complaint, that would be that Tsubasa being brainwashed by Fudou only to snap out of it in the very episode where it happened felt too sudden, but it is okay, because the rest was fantastic.

Have to start mentioning how GAR Symphogear can be despite being a mahou shoujo anime. In other series, the girls would took all the protagonist, but in Symphogear, you have Genjurou and Fudou beating the shit of each other like in a battle shounen anime. Simply wonderful.
Also, Fudou may be a scumbag, but you got to admit he's a total badass. Supplexing Genjurou and being able to fight toe to toe with Tsubasa (before she got Amalgam), even getting his own techniques. He has prove himself to be a bigger threat in one episode than Noble Red in eight. I actually didn't expect him to be that strong.

Gotta love the glorious reappearence of Top Dad. After being absent for a whole season, seeing his based presence returning to the series was a blessing. Heck, he even managed to be a good father for once.
Press F too for Yatsuhiro. Not only cucked, but also killed by his own father. He deserved better ;_; This show loves to make Tsubasa suffer, next time they will kill Genjurou and Maria to destroy her for good (I hope not, for God's sake).

Also, Noble Red's demise was... quite unexpected. It was soo sudden it completely took me by surprise. Man, I feel bad for them, not because I necesarily feel sorry for them due their circunstances, but because it seems they are the punching bag of the writers. Each episode it pass, its one episode to humilliate and ridiculize them in many kind of ways, ending with them being butchered by Shem-ha Miku without much fanfare. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that Vanessa is alive, considering she's a cyborg, but I practically see them done by this point.
Aug 31, 2019 2:09 PM

May 2015
Pretty decent episode. Sucks they literally just stopped the HibiMiku twist at the end of the previous episode. (Typical Symphogear).

That Hibiki falling though. Explosion like hell. Cant wait to see Hibiki try to take back Miku.

The HibiMiku scene at the beginning was interesting though with Hibiki talking about how she has lost her most precious thing. This has to be setting up a confession come on.

Emm so Miku has literally just butchered Noble Red HAHAHA. Theres no way they can just write that off as "they're inhuman so its fine". They were literally split in two. Vanessa maybe since she's a cyborg but definitely not Milaarc and Elsa.

Now the overall tone of the episode really bugs me. Not cause its super dark cause thats really interesting. Its just it feels like Symphogear doesnt know what it wants to be. Does want to be an action shounen type thing (seasons 2-4) or does it want to be more serious (Seasons 1 and 5). Its just the tone so drastically changes between seasons and episodes its really bugging me. This episode actually has this in plain view with one scene being super dark (The assault) and then switching to Hibiki dad talk. I wish they just dedicated full episodes to one thing. Oh well.

Interesting to see some blood, death and Tsubasa suffering. I still dont think this will make it possible for a major character death. They definitely wont do that.

Asshole dad is back with some shitty encouragement. That photo of young Hibiki was beautiful though.

Im glad Fudo's plan to use Miku immedietly got foiled as that would have been boring. Its such a shame they abandon Fudo's interesting character of being part of the goverment and that he's very manipulative in favour of "he's just psychotic". Pretty sure they set him up to being in a postion of great power but the government seemed to pretty easily cut him off.

Hope Miku is back to being the main problem without Fudo. Also so Maria and Tsubasa have had their made up good for them. I REALLY hope this whole Maria gear thing is not divine power. I swear if it is.

Overall ok episode. Feel the tone is bleh, Shem Ha speaking was ........cool......for the second we got of it. Hibiki having a talk about losing her most precious thing was interesting (She didnt look that upset compared to other peoples expressions). Im waiting for that confession.

You've probably noticed it by now but my enjoyment is based on the level of HibiMiku per episode.

DarknessRealityAug 31, 2019 2:25 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 31, 2019 2:37 PM

Aug 2013
Good riddance to Noble Red...but holy fucking shit this episode was something
Don't believe the hype.
Aug 31, 2019 2:55 PM
Aug 2015
OMG Maria Vs Tsubasa, Tsubasa Amalgam, Best Dad Actions from both Hibiki's and Tsubasa's. Noble Red Team is destroyed again in this episode, Finally freed Tsubasa of the Evil Eye Curse, ALL THIS HYPE, The moon is haunted again, great episode
Aug 31, 2019 3:52 PM

Apr 2012
That was the most satisfying way for the Reds to meet their maker (no pun intended) I could have imagined. I wouldn't have been upset if they had died offscreen from the blood poisoning, but dying onscreen, without a fight, by the very god they helped revive as simply as if Shem-ha were swatting at flies was so - SO - much better! Got to see them torn apart and everything, without giving their deaths even a trace of dignity! Suck it Reds! Your services are no longer required!

Wish the Genjuro vs. Fudo fight was longer. Wish the Maria vs. Tsubasa fight was longer. Wish the Tsubasa vs. Fudo fight was longer. But even still, it was all epic! Poor, poor Tsubasa...

Four Episodes remaining, What you got, Shem-ha?
Aug 31, 2019 4:02 PM

Oct 2007
Brutal end for Noble Red. Even the loli was shown no mercy. ><

Sad what happened to Tsubasa. She end up fighting with Fudou. However, Genjuro stop her from killing evil grandpa.

Can't wait for next week! :)
Aug 31, 2019 4:04 PM

May 2015
FateHero said:
That was the most satisfying way for the Reds to meet their maker (no pun intended) I could have imagined. I wouldn't have been upset if they had died offscreen from the blood poisoning, but dying onscreen, without a fight, by the very god they helped revive as simply as if Shem-ha were swatting at flies was so - SO - much better! Got to see them torn apart and everything, without giving their deaths even a trace of dignity! Suck it Reds! Your services are no longer required!

Wish the Genjuro vs. Fudo fight was longer. Wish the Maria vs. Tsubasa fight was longer. Wish the Tsubasa vs. Fudo fight was longer. But even still, it was all epic! Poor, poor Tsubasa...

Four Episodes remaining, What you got, Shem-ha?

I genuinely hope they are permanently dead as it would suit it sooo well. Comparing the god to them is exactly how you described it. Swatting flies.

I feel Vanessa might still be alive as she's been seen to be able to live even in two pieces. The other two hell no though.
Aug 31, 2019 4:50 PM

Oct 2014
@ darknessReality: The creators said this season, being the final one, will be a culmination of everything so far, the dark tone of Season 1 included.

that aside, like I said before, I loved this episode, and with 4 more eps to go, the hype train just keeps going.
Aug 31, 2019 5:39 PM

Mar 2016
Holy fuck, that was a stressful episode to watch, but so hype, too!

So apparently Amalgam's offensive capabilities aren't limited to Hibiki after all. I hope to see the other Amalgam designs for the others girls before the entire story ends.

Fudou is probably the worst anime father figure I've ever seen since Endeavor from BHA (maybe even worse).

Maria was the most fitting person to slap poor Tsubasa to her senses, since she's clearly the only other person who was a lot closer to her. Maria is practically something like an older sister figure to all the other girls, tbh.

Hibiki running off after some pep talk from good ol daddy reminded me of when Madoka ran off to save Homura after some consultation with her mother beforehand.

Curse of Babel is gonna raise Hell literally now. Won't be surprised if scores of bodies drop next episode.
Aug 31, 2019 5:53 PM

Mar 2016
DarknessReality said:
Pretty decent episode. Sucks they literally just stopped the HibiMiku twist at the end of the previous episode. (Typical Symphogear).

That Hibiki falling though. Explosion like hell. Cant wait to see Hibiki try to take back Miku.

The HibiMiku scene at the beginning was interesting though with Hibiki talking about how she has lost her most precious thing. This has to be setting up a confession come on.

Emm so Miku has literally just butchered Noble Red HAHAHA. Theres no way they can just write that off as "they're inhuman so its fine". They were literally split in two. Vanessa maybe since she's a cyborg but definitely not Milaarc and Elsa.

Now the overall tone of the episode really bugs me. Not cause its super dark cause thats really interesting. Its just it feels like Symphogear doesnt know what it wants to be. Does want to be an action shounen type thing (seasons 2-4) or does it want to be more serious (Seasons 1 and 5). Its just the tone so drastically changes between seasons and episodes its really bugging me. This episode actually has this in plain view with one scene being super dark (The assault) and then switching to Hibiki dad talk. I wish they just dedicated full episodes to one thing. Oh well.

Interesting to see some blood, death and Tsubasa suffering. I still dont think this will make it possible for a major character death. They definitely wont do that.

Asshole dad is back with some shitty encouragement. That photo of young Hibiki was beautiful though.

Im glad Fudo's plan to use Miku immedietly got foiled as that would have been boring. Its such a shame they abandon Fudo's interesting character of being part of the goverment and that he's very manipulative in favour of "he's just psychotic". Pretty sure they set him up to being in a postion of great power but the government seemed to pretty easily cut him off.

Hope Miku is back to being the main problem without Fudo. Also so Maria and Tsubasa have had their made up good for them. I REALLY hope this whole Maria gear thing is not divine power. I swear if it is.

Overall ok episode. Feel the tone is bleh, Shem Ha speaking was ........cool......for the second we got of it. Hibiki having a talk about losing her most precious thing was interesting (She didnt look that upset compared to other peoples expressions). Im waiting for that confession.

You've probably noticed it by now but my enjoyment is based on the level of HibiMiku per episode.

I do think they'll come back to the HibiMiku things REAL soon, as you can see Hibiki running off after some dad pep talk. Kinda reminded me of how Madoka ran off to save Homura after her mom gave her the ok (which was one of the more enjoyable scenes for me from that show in particular).
Aug 31, 2019 6:13 PM

Jan 2016
Miku quite literally doing God's work

edit: for some reason I can't post image anymore
https://imgur.com/a/qCvvIhP
Aug 31, 2019 6:29 PM

Jan 2011
this ride really doesn't want to end and it's such a mix of emotions i can't handle this show sometimes it's both amazing and stressful

do the writers hate Tsubasa she is just been nothing but suffering since day one

also did they just off the girls like that while fitting it made all the focus on them end up to be a whole lot of nothing but maybe that was the point
Aug 31, 2019 6:30 PM
Dec 2018
Well this episode in me have mixed feelings.

The action scenes were awesome, fuck I can't believe that Fudo is to strong like "how old is he?!" and the suplex damn.

Maria, thank you for free Tsubasa from the Millaarc attack.

Tsubasa vs Fudo damn I love it and when she was in her Amalgam form I was like "yes kill him kill him" but no, Genjuro stop her, I kind a hate it but still understand because he doesn't want her to go crazy.

Fudo like Adam are the worst character I have ever seen because not only it's a prick that doesn't care about the "protection" of the people, also he has the balls to kill his own son Yatsuhiro which is also want Tsubasa to follow her own dreams, he laughs at that like they are useless and because she's free, he try to kill her, his idea of supremacy reminds me of The Second World War.

Shem ha, thanks for killing Millaarc because seriously she deserves that and I hope tmhe kills for all he does, getting arrested convince me as a punishment.

Yatsuhiros death took me surprise and it's make me sad because personally he reminds me of my father, he can be strick but still he take care of me and we have so much fun together, when my mom died, I was 13 years old and we were alone, still we support each other and make a progress towards now-a-days, so I can understand Tsubasas emotion when he dies, my father is still alive but I can't imagine when he's gonna die.

This episode was pretty deep and epic/awesome, I wait for the next.
Aug 31, 2019 6:34 PM

Mar 2016
katsu044 said:
this ride really doesn't want to end and it's such a mix of emotions i can't handle this show sometimes it's both amazing and stressful

do the writers hate Tsubasa she is just been nothing but suffering since day one

also did they just off the girls like that while fitting it made all the focus on them end up to be a whole lot of nothing but maybe that was the point

Tsubasa honestly doesn't deserve most of the shit she goes through. The only thing keeping her sanity in check is the fact that she has a more genuine familia in the other girls, tbh. That's the more touching part about this series, tbh.
Aug 31, 2019 7:07 PM

Aug 2016
Noble Red were done dirty after a season of being shit on. Smh
People who put MAL stats in their sigs are losers lol
Aug 31, 2019 7:26 PM

Mar 2016
Mienus said:

Well they were never main antagonists to begin with, tbf.
Aug 31, 2019 8:31 PM

Aug 2016
Ryuseishun said:
Mienus said:

Fair, but them just dying without any real pomp or circumstance with everything built up around them this season would feel super unsatisfying.

Hell, I would say that the auto-sorcerers would have gotten a more dramatic send off despite coming back for barely an episode.
People who put MAL stats in their sigs are losers lol
Aug 31, 2019 9:08 PM

Mar 2016
Mienus said:
Ryuseishun said:

Fair, but them just dying without any real pomp or circumstance with everything built up around them this season would feel super unsatisfying.

Hell, I would say that the auto-sorcerers would have gotten a more dramatic send off despite coming back for barely an episode.

I wouldn’t write off Noble Red just yet, though. I’m pretty sure Vanessa at very least is still alive.
Aug 31, 2019 10:48 PM

May 2015
"My sunshine was taken from me." Are we bringing in the Edgelord Hibiki story from XD Unlimited?

LOL Hibiki actually got house arrest!? I thought that was a joke!

It might be very subtle, but did Hibiki's hair change in this season? There's a different look to it. Looks longer. I didn't notice that until now...

Damn...Fudou is strong enough to subdue a God...well thanks to that seal but still...

The punishment for using the Amalgam is house arrest! But can Maria actually use the Amalgam?

This is some Oni vs. Akuma shit...

Ooh, a rematch between Maria and Tsubasa. This gonna be good...

TSUBASA GOT BITCH-SLAPPED!

DID FUDOU JUST IZUNA DROP GENJURO!?

Well Noble Red went down pretty damn fast...

Yatsuhiro took the bullet...and NANA IS CRYING! DAMN IT KING RECORDS, YOU'RE DOING IT AGAIN!

IT IS ONI!!! And damn, he wants to kill Tsubasa too!

It's too much for Tsubasa! She's going to lose herself! Kanade, where are you!?

Hibiki got some pep talk from top dad. Well with Shem-ha unleashed, what will the Kazanaris decide to do? I mean Fudou was about to unleash the Riot of the Blood...

Something is on the moon. What is happening on the moon?! Remember when everyone was memeing about Hibiki punching the moon? Well...
TarotistAug 31, 2019 11:01 PM
Sep 1, 2019 12:13 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was just pure hype. I thought nothing could top Carol's comeback and then they drop this episode. Satelight is doing a superb job this season, such a shame this is the last one though.

After seeing the Moon Ruins activating I'm fully expecting Finé to make a comeback down the road, either in physical or spirit form. Would be nice if we could get at least a Dr. Ver cameo, since him coming back as well would a bit of a stretch.
Sep 1, 2019 12:31 AM

Nov 2009
I will just wait to see all Noble Red return alive with the power upgrade.

This is Symphogear. Non-of major characters who 'died' before the final ep. stayed dead.
Sep 1, 2019 3:44 AM

May 2015
Ryuseishun said:
DarknessReality said:

I do think they'll come back to the HibiMiku things REAL soon, as you can see Hibiki running off after some dad pep talk. Kinda reminded me of how Madoka ran off to save Homura after her mom gave her the ok (which was one of the more enjoyable scenes for me from that show in particular).

Well I'll just hope. It probably will since Shem Ha just destroyed Noble Red and as you said Hibiki is on her way.

Also Tsubasa conflict is pretty much over now so more time to focus on HibiMiku/gods.
Sep 1, 2019 3:45 AM

May 2015
Marina2 said:
I will just wait to see all Noble Red return alive with the power upgrade.

This is Symphogear. Non-of major characters who 'died' before the final ep. stayed dead.

Its sad how true this is. Symphogear will never kill a major character and will never kill their villains off unless its A) The last episode and B) If its a heroic death/sacrifice (Which noble red don't deserve either).
Sep 1, 2019 3:49 AM

May 2015
Mienus said:
Ryuseishun said:

I think its really satisfying that they go out like that. They just go out like flies since they always used dirty tactics and were human experiments to be tossed away at some point.

Also it would put into scale the stuff of this season that gods are way beyond their power and eliminating them by Shem Ha was good. (But obviously this is Symphogear which doesn't have any consequences to anything so they'll come up with some bullshit reasons as to how they survived)
Sep 1, 2019 8:51 AM

Sep 2017
Pretty good episode. Tsubasa's brain washing didn't last very long. Kinda lame. They basically just used it as a easy way to escape with Miku. There could have been more potential there. I obviously can't remember, but I'm assuming none of the girls have killed another human before? That's the only way I can possibly justify not killing your gramps not become "a monster." Especially since Tsubasa seemed very much in control during that whole fight and was making reasonable decisions.
Sep 1, 2019 9:24 AM

Mar 2016
Oh shit, TopDad's back. Wasn't a fan of the way this episode was structured though.
Sep 1, 2019 10:16 AM

Mar 2018
Shit man, Nana Mizuki (Tsubasa) did a really outstanding job as VA as usual. Her words and her actions really match and is so damn believable, you think she is right in front of you and clearly hear her feelings!

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Sep 1, 2019 3:24 PM

Dec 2009
Yes, the Genjuro vs Fudo fight we were anticipating... Fudo is a bit or a cringy psycho, so it wasn't quite as awesome as i'd hoped, the progression of this ep was really weird.

Also i half expected Goddess Miku to just pop out of the ground and spontaneously chop Fudo in half as her re-introduction to the fight... What a beautifully ironic death that would have been.

Still, that was a shockingly rapid dispatch of Noble Red, yikes... They were pigs for the slaughter when they woke up that thing.

I have a feeling they'll either beat Shem-Ha, or manage to pacify, either way saving Miku.

@Mienus @Ryuseishun
DarknessReality said:
Mienus said:

I think its really satisfying that they go out like that. They just go out like flies since they always used dirty tactics and were human experiments to be tossed away at some point.

Also it would put into scale the stuff of this season that gods are way beyond their power and eliminating them by Shem Ha was good. (But obviously this is Symphogear which doesn't have any consequences to anything so they'll come up with some bullshit reasons as to how they survived)

Have you never watched the movie Children of Men?

I actually really respect when fiction does things like this, not because i want to see people die, but after all the trouble they had dealing with these antagonists, for them to just be 1-tapped by some monstrosity is a holyshit moment, when you consider the nature of power creep/scale. Depending how you understand it, it's also a perspective shift, to realizing that they weren't really an enemy ultimately, just people with their own views and difficulties (as was sort of set up throughout)... though try not to forget that vampire bitch did massacre thousands at that one concert remorselessly. Depends how you define an enemy/villain. The other 2 girls are ehh, punish them however or convert... but vampire bitch doesn't deserve an easy death, she needs a life of torture and hardship :|
It's actually annoying how the anime has somewhat managed to pacify my feelings on the subject...
GenesisAriaSep 1, 2019 3:37 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Sep 1, 2019 5:29 PM

May 2015
GenesisAria said:
Yes, the Genjuro vs Fudo fight we were anticipating... Fudo is a bit or a cringy psycho, so it wasn't quite as awesome as i'd hoped, the progression of this ep was really weird.

Also i half expected Goddess Miku to just pop out of the ground and spontaneously chop Fudo in half as her re-introduction to the fight... What a beautifully ironic death that would have been.

Still, that was a shockingly rapid dispatch of Noble Red, yikes... They were pigs for the slaughter when they woke up that thing.

I have a feeling they'll either beat Shem-Ha, or manage to pacify, either way saving Miku.

@Mienus @Ryuseishun
DarknessReality said:

Have you never watched the movie Children of Men?

I actually really respect when fiction does things like this, not because i want to see people die, but after all the trouble they had dealing with these antagonists, for them to just be 1-tapped by some monstrosity is a holyshit moment, when you consider the nature of power creep/scale. Depending how you understand it, it's also a perspective shift, to realizing that they weren't really an enemy ultimately, just people with their own views and difficulties (as was sort of set up throughout)... though try not to forget that vampire bitch did massacre thousands at that one concert remorselessly. Depends how you define an enemy/villain. The other 2 girls are ehh, punish them however or convert... but vampire bitch doesn't deserve an easy death, she needs a life of torture and hardship :|
It's actually annoying how the anime has somewhat managed to pacify my feelings on the subject...

Yeah that's why it would be nice if Symphogear actually went through with their death here and did something unexpected. Especially since every season before this (expect season 1) has done the whole villain redeemed and heroic death thing.

Also I agree on bitch. Bring her back solely to make her suffer more. Tsubasa is already at the end of her rope so use bitch as a punching bag/stress ball.

We better get Miku participating in the final boss fight. We still haven't got a HibiMiku duet or combo team. Kirika and Shirabe fans get a huge overabundance of that.
Sep 2, 2019 1:22 AM

Dec 2009
@DarknessReality What i want to see most is them somehow pacify/befriend Shem-Ha, and then Miku gets to be like Elfnein/Carol is now... They set the precedent for it. Then we could finally have Miku as one of the gang :D

I do kinda miss the epic ring beam from G.
GenesisAriaSep 2, 2019 1:31 AM

Sep 2, 2019 1:52 AM

Oct 2008
Kazanari Family eliminating each other! while on the other end we have a higher divine god level threat!
5/5.

Sep 2, 2019 3:31 AM
Jun 2016
KaminashiYukineP said:
Why this season is the best of all?
Masterpiece

It’s because this is confirmed to be the final season 😢
Sep 2, 2019 4:14 AM

Oct 2007
ProofByColor said:
Pretty good episode. Tsubasa's brain washing didn't last very long. Kinda lame. They basically just used it as a easy way to escape with Miku. There could have been more potential there. I obviously can't remember, but I'm assuming none of the girls have killed another human before? That's the only way I can possibly justify not killing your gramps not become "a monster." Especially since Tsubasa seemed very much in control during that whole fight and was making reasonable decisions.

Maria killed some US soldiers during the season that she is an antagonist. I remember seeing a soldier being hit with the blade of her spear. I posted that screenshot as "OWNED" on another forum that time. Though I can't find that post anymore, because it was years ago. xD

Well, Tsubasa seems clearly with an intent to finish off grandpa right there if Genjuro had not stopped her.
Sep 2, 2019 6:35 AM

Sep 2017
Liddo-kun said:
ProofByColor said:

Maria killed some US soldiers during the season that she is an antagonist. I remember seeing a soldier being hit with the blade of her spear. I posted that screenshot as "OWNED" on another forum that time. Though I can't find that post anymore, because it was years ago. xD

Well, Tsubasa seems clearly with an intent to finish off grandpa right there if Genjuro had not stopped her.

Oh yes she was definitely going to kill him. I just don't think she was being rash in her decision making, so I don't think it would be fair to call her a monster.
Sep 2, 2019 8:59 AM

May 2015
GenesisAria said:
@DarknessReality What i want to see most is them somehow pacify/befriend Shem-Ha, and then Miku gets to be like Elfnein/Carol is now... They set the precedent for it. Then we could finally have Miku as one of the gang :D

YES!!! I've seen soo many cute pictures of Shem Ha, Miku and Hibiki together so I'd love for Shem Ha to join their side. Symphogear has villains turn so easily and sometimes stupidly but for once I genuinely want them to do that here.

Sadly I don't think that'll be the case since she's murdered people and said she loves Humanity's suffering. Doubt she'll have a change of heart.
Sep 2, 2019 12:02 PM

Dec 2009
DarknessReality said:
GenesisAria said:

YES!!! I've seen soo many cute pictures of Shem Ha, Miku and Hibiki together so I'd love for Shem Ha to join their side. Symphogear has villains turn so easily and sometimes stupidly but for once I genuinely want them to do that here.

Sadly I don't think that'll be the case since she's murdered people and said she loves Humanity's suffering. Doubt she'll have a change of heart.

I dunno, i kind of almost imagine Hibiki stopping Shem-Ha, and then afterwards Miku being all grumpy & disciplining whenever Shem-Ha tries to do or say/think something ultra pessimistic lol
Being all like "hey stop that! you need to learn how to be nicer!" getting all mad and mom-like while Shem-Ha feebly tries to cold-shoulder her XD
It would allow for new dynamics between the characters, and more Miku character development too. ...Having a gear/robe-thing Miku could also get upset when Hibiki goes overboard as well, be all "my turn to protecc!"

I dunno, one can hope.
GenesisAriaSep 2, 2019 12:19 PM

Sep 2, 2019 12:59 PM

May 2015
GenesisAria said:
DarknessReality said:

I dunno, i kind of almost imagine Hibiki stopping Shem-Ha, and then afterwards Miku being all grumpy & disciplining whenever Shem-Ha tries to do or say/think something ultra pessimistic lol
Being all like "hey stop that! you need to learn how to be nicer!" getting all mad and mom-like while Shem-Ha feebly tries to cold-shoulder her XD
It would allow for new dynamics between the characters, and more Miku character development too. ...Having a gear/robe-thing Miku could also get upset when Hibiki goes overboard as well, be all "my turn to protecc!"

I dunno, one can hope.

I hope Miku does actually keep a gear. Or at least for the final boss fight since she's been shown throughout the series to want to protect Hibiki too so it would be unfair to not give her some spot light doing that. Especially since Miku is literally the focus of XV as well.

I have a feeling Shem Ha might separate from Miku but she still has power so everyone can fight Shem Ha with the moon playing some part.
Sep 3, 2019 4:09 AM

Sep 2011
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tachibana clashing with Maria?! Hell, this episode gave me slight Senki Zesshou Symphogear G flashbacks.

That gun shot scene was painful to watch. At least Tachibana still had her energy to fight this episode.

See kids, this is why you don't be that guy who watches raws, doesn't understand half of it and ends up getting simple things like main characters names wrong and looks silly.
May 11, 2021 7:42 AM

Feb 2020
Probably the best episode yet. Great action and deep emotions.

Noble Red's sudden death was completely unexpected.

I still don't like Hibiki's father at all. That guy is a jerk.

SerafosDec 28, 2023 8:07 AM
Jun 18, 2021 5:29 AM

Feb 2014
Poor Tsubasa didn't catch a single break this episode :'( So sad to see her father die and her have to watch it all happen (I was gonna say she also would've noticed her uncle was dead too, but he survived somehow...really suprised by that actually, I thought he was dead for sure). I really liked how she got a golden transformation!!! That means that Hibiki's not the only one who can have that be a thing, so maybe we can expect that for more characters too!!! :D Would've been cool to see her take out her evil grandfather but oh well

Yikes, Elza, Millaarc, and Vanessa kinda got brutally killed by Miku there O_o I feel a little bad but not super bad, they were pretty low...I still feel like Millaarc is the main one who does stuff, Vanessa does some, and Elza doesn't really do much of anything. I hope we can still learn more about what exactly Millaarc's creepy eye power thing is. Maybe Hibiki is free from it now that she's dead?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2021 6:40 AM
Oct 2020
This episode gave me a reason to loath Symphogear so much. How there they make an arc where Tsubasa the only REAL character of the show gets her art killed but poor writing.
Jan 22, 2022 1:34 AM

Jul 2017
Holy shit! This ep was just heavy in many ways. This series is really trying to break us now. The developments in this ep really made for the biggest rollercoaster of an ep this series has had so far. I don't know where to start.

I just knew Tsubasa was gonna break at some point, but man, I wasn't ever gonna be ready. This girl has had it way too rough. Can't believe Yatsuhiro had to go out like that, fuck... this clan is turning into quite the tragedy.

We need a Fudou backstory of some kind tho. This man's conviction just can't run dry. Like, just wtf is he actually on?
lol

Noble Red are just sooo fucking pathetic at this point. Their cause is wack and they still getting absolutely nowhere. Amazing how they can still speak about returning to human so righteously lmao. The hypocrisy is really something else. I doubt this will be the end of them tho.

Feb 4, 2022 3:39 PM

Feb 2015
Wow that was a pretty good episode. Does this mean Noble Red are gone now? Well, if they aren't mentioned/shown next episode... rip. Can't really feel pity for them especially after the things Milla and (to some extent) Vanessa did.
Sep 17, 2023 4:53 PM

Nov 2010
Maria vs. Tsubasa was so hot to watch, but the fight between Genjuurou and Fudou takes the cake! I never expected Fudou to be such a badass and hella strong. It is still unexplained why they are so powerful, even though they are normal humans.

Oh no! The Alchemist trio is dead for real!? I feel bad for them. My sexy Millaarc died. No! I wish I were there so I could eat her remains.

Fudou doesn't give a shit about killing all his heirs? Is he okay with his clan going extinct? He's gone insane. He reminds me of that old bastard from Shigurui.

More topics from this board

» New Symphogear project announced

Monkiesmata - Nov 20, 2022

12 by Ex-Aid »»
Apr 9, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

42 by rsc-pl »»
Dec 10, 2023 5:02 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

85 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 17, 2023 8:37 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2019

52 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 17, 2023 7:51 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2019

41 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 17, 2023 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.