Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 31, 2019 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's nice to hear the voices of the Pillars. Honestly, I felt bad for Tanjirou this episode as he still wants to save Nezuko. Hell, one of the Pillars actually wanted to kill Nezuko on the spot immediately caused Tanjirou to retaliate.

The one is the Wind Pillar, Sanemi. Voice actor is Tomokazu Seki (same voice as Gilgamesh from Fate Zero) Regardless, the Pillars are an important set of characters in this franchise.
Aug 31, 2019 7:52 AM

Jul 2017
I felt bad for him too. I want to see where they wrap things up in these last couple episodes though.
Aug 31, 2019 7:54 AM

Jul 2014
Finally the pillar showcase ep!
That amazing VA cast! Ufo going all in on literally everything.
TF is HanaKana's character so adorable lol.
Jesus that was intense, nice headbutt Tanjiro!!! loved how he made him kneel despite his situation and how he didnt stop despite Giyu stopping him.
This series has a thing for major cliffhangers, that ending had me SO.FUCKING.PISSED!!!!

We are close to this amazing adaptations end…
Aug 31, 2019 8:01 AM

Jan 2015
Flamboyant episode! Impressive animation quality this episode. A lot of good shots, and of course amazing OST.

It feels SO good to see the Pillars animated. I’ve got to say that the one who stood out the most was Sanemi, the wind pillar.
I love the fact the Tanjirou doesn’t back down on the Pillars either. He is quote careless tho, but for his sister he would do anything, even going against the Pillars.

Nice to see that Urokodaki still has some kind of relevance to the story.

And of course, I knew they would end on THAT cliffhanger. Feel so bad for Nezuko. Fight for your right to live!

Aug 31, 2019 8:13 AM

Jul 2016
Great episode. The Pillars are such an odd bunch, while some people might admire them, they did seem like the villains in this episode, especially Shinazugawa.

I liked the voice actors a lot, hearing Hanazawa and Konishi in the same series was kind of odd, glad that Shinazugawa was voiced by someone other than Okamoto Nobuhiko, his angry voice has been overused.

Urokodaki is honestly such a nice guy, trying to help Tanjiro and Nezuko, although it seems that Nezuko has to face Shinazugawa’s “challenge” first. Such a cliffhanger.

Overall, 5/5
Aug 31, 2019 8:16 AM
Nov 2017
Sanemi did nothing wrong , Sanemi the 🐐
Aug 31, 2019 8:21 AM
Apr 2019
Shinobu looks so much cuter in the manga, sorry ufotable. The other pillars look fantastic though and I want to hear their voices so badly! Right now I can only judge the episode from screenshots.
Aug 31, 2019 8:27 AM

Jul 2014
God damn it, I cant resist the urge anymore, time to binge the fucking manga.
Aug 31, 2019 8:33 AM

Apr 2018
Watching my boy rengoku in colors is so satisfying.

MonkeyDJasper said:
actually he look so pathetic right now, beeing one of the strongest pillar, got hit by tanjirou lmao. But his sword is so dope though, probably my favorite sword of this series so far, his sword already look good in the manga, but his sword in anime is even look better.
Aug 31, 2019 8:35 AM
Nov 2017
Jfs_ said:
Watching my boy rengoku in colors is so satisfying.

MonkeyDJasper said:
actually he look so pathetic right now, beeing one of the strongest pillar, got hit by tanjirou lmao. But his sword is so dope though, probably my favorite sword of this series so far, his sword already look good in the manga, but his sword in anime is even look better.
lol I mean it was a headbutt lol it ain’t like Tanjirou can beat him in a 1v1 fight .
Aug 31, 2019 8:40 AM

Jul 2016
-Stray said:

That was me when I finished episode 19. From what I've heard, it's totally worth it. And what's great is, that the whole manga series is definitely getting an adaptation!
Aug 31, 2019 8:42 AM

Jul 2015
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's nice to hear the voices of the Pillars. Honestly, I felt bad for Tanjirou this episode as he still wants to save Nezuko. Hell, one of the Pillars actually wanted to kill Nezuko on the spot immediately caused Tanjirou to retaliate.

The one is the Wind Pillar, Sanemi. Voice actor is Tomokazu Seki (same voice as Gilgamesh from Fate Zero) Regardless, the Pillars are an important set of characters in this franchise.

Okay same voice actor as Gilgamesh,I can imagine lot of memes of them flooding the internet now.Copying Gilgamesh's dialogues in Sanemi's speeches.

Aug 31, 2019 9:15 AM
Jan 2018
-Stray said:

Hope you enjoy the hype that is Upper Moons!!
Aug 31, 2019 9:24 AM

Mar 2018
Love the cast. Can I kill Shinazugawa now? Pour Nezuko... ;_;

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Aug 31, 2019 9:29 AM
Mar 2019
MY. GOD. That cliffhanger... Btw loved the episode, the hashiras seem very interesting, can't wait to see what comes next.
Aug 31, 2019 9:30 AM

Sep 2018
I knew they're gonna and this episode on that cliffhanger.
All Pillars look and sound amazing, i just love the Love girl and her thoughts its soo cute and funny....
well that's just my opinion.....
Aug 31, 2019 9:33 AM

Feb 2013
Damn, I hate those guys.
Aug 31, 2019 9:35 AM

Aug 2013
All those Pillars, Hashiras, look badass. Though I don't like Shinazugawa because of what he did to Nezuko. Good job Tanjirou with that headbutt.

Love it how Urokodaki is still taking care of Tanjirou and Nezuko.

Looking forward to next week episode.

Aug 31, 2019 9:36 AM

May 2015
sanemi best pillar,ubuyashiki best character of the series.
nanashi796Aug 31, 2019 9:43 AM
Aug 31, 2019 9:36 AM

Dec 2014
Epic episode again.

The Hashiras are an odd but interesting bunch. HanaKana's character is cute but Kocho is still best girl along with Nezuko.

Shinazugawa definitely struck a nerve with me, how could he hurt Nezuko like that? I understand the Hashira's dilemma on this situation, given that Tanjiro is protecting a demon but they could've shown a little more faith when they heard that both Urokodaki and Giyuu vouched for Nezuko with their lives. That was a very powerful scene though, when Tanjiro realized that two people had vouched for Nezuko.

Interesting bit about Kibutsuji having only revealed himself to Tanjiro possibly because even he doesn't understand what's going on with Nezuko.

I'm really curious how Nezuko's gonna react now and I was as angry as her at Shinazugawa. Can't wait for next week.
Aug 31, 2019 9:43 AM
Sep 2015
The corperation just revealed itself in the most cliche way as possible, introducing all high rank members at once, an alternative is that leaving one or two members stay unknown, but of course I prefer to know them all as fast as possible.

I swear that flame hashira has the same voice actor as Rekka senpai from Fire Force due to their similar passionate. Turn outs I'm wrong but quite close. Rekka senpai has the same voice actor as Senami, while flame hashira has the same actor as Foien Li in Fire Force.
Aug 31, 2019 9:44 AM

Dec 2013
This cliffhanger is killing me, the episode ended before I noticed it even started, gonna make sure to read the manga when the Anime ends and hope we get more of this show in the future, taking its sweet time like Boku instead of a never ending rush that is Naruto / Cvver / etc.
Aug 31, 2019 9:48 AM
Aug 2019
So happy to see the pillars.

And now all the anime only will hate my boi Sanemi, I mean he's a demon slayer what did u expect a warm welcome?

Aug 31, 2019 9:50 AM

Apr 2017
phantomfandom said:
The corperation just revealed itself in the most cliche way as possible, introducing all high rank members at once, an alternative is that leaving one or two members stay unknown, but of course I prefer to know them all as fast as possible.

I swear that flame hashira has the same voice actor as Rekka senpai from Fire Force due to their similar passionate. Turn outs I'm wrong but quite close. Rekka senpai has the same voice actor as Senami, while flame hashira has the same actor as Foien Li in Fire Force.

But usually the cliche is when they leave one or two members unknown. That happens a lot when we talk about battle shounens.
Aug 31, 2019 9:55 AM
Jan 2016
Intense episode!

Its nice to see all Hashiras, i didn't like some of them, specially Shinazugawa that acter like a retard and attacked Nezuko with her defenseless!

Even with tied hand Tanjirou hitted Shinazugawa, it was so sattisfying!

Was really heartwarming that letter, they vowed with their lifes!

Shinazugawa provoked Nezuko with blood, i am praud how much she have handled, she is Angry, i am really hyped for next episode with that awespme clifhanger!
Aug 31, 2019 9:56 AM

Jun 2016
I already past this when I read the manga. I be talking it here from the point when I first read this part. I hate half all those pillars they are piece of shit. Sanemi and Iguro as biggest asshole even among of them.I will not sympathy for them if they die at any point of this series.

Giyu,Tokitou,Shinobu and Kanroji are exception rest of them are assholes. They all racist You guys think Giyu was racist but reasonable rest are far worse.

I question If it wasn t giyu that met Tanjirou in woods another pillar. I can only see Kanroji besides Giyu sparing Nezuko in that woods. Rest most likely won t they kill Nezuko and i give Shinobu benefit of the doubt even then I am not sure

Overally great episode. I hate Sanemi and Iguro

PrideRoyalIvyAug 31, 2019 10:04 AM

Aug 31, 2019 9:57 AM

Jun 2016
Tellatez said:
So happy to see the pillars.

And now all the anime only will hate my boi Sanemi, I mean he's a demon slayer what did u expect a warm welcome?

He is prick among already racist Demon slayers? What do you expect he is worse than rest of them in attitude and racisness

Aug 31, 2019 9:59 AM
Dec 2014
Really cliche episode.

Was hoping it would come off... less melodramatic.

This entire episode was a reveal of characters and the cliffhanger.

Could be summed in in a sentence - we didn't need this so drawn out but I can tell the budget was affected by the previous episodes in this one. Nothing really happened...
Aug 31, 2019 10:00 AM

Jan 2018
come one ufotable, why gotta do me like that. the voices of the Hashira's fit so well especially the wind and love pillars ahhhh they're all so awesomeeeee. you may hate on them at first but you will love them soon enough <3
Aug 31, 2019 10:01 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm see we finally get to meet the Hashira the elites of the corps. Though too bad the circumstance is not a better one for the reason they are gathered here is due to Tanjirou being put on trial. The hashira sure have quite the eccentric personality types within their ranks. Kanroji's reactions to new events sure was quite amusing. Having Kana portray her was an excellent choice. The master of the corps sure wasn't as expected. Despite his calm words though the hatred of demons within the ranks was bound to create a deadlock. The letter from Urokodaki though while insightful sure showed how steadfast he was in his belief. Sanemi though sure is rather determined to prove that all demons are monsters. Overall a solid ep that did well in not just introducing the Hashira's and the master but also show the kind of beliefs that exist among their ranks regarding demons. It's also nice to hear the Hashira be voiced as well. Anxious to see what happens next ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2019 10:03 AM

Jun 2017
Another fantastic episode. It was cool to see the Hashiras and the Master himself. The tension was non-stop. Once again, I absolutely can't wait for the next episode.
Aug 31, 2019 10:03 AM

Sep 2009
That's gotta be the first episode of the series that i have disliked, it felt like a one piece episode, with dragged out scenes and literally nothing happening.
Aug 31, 2019 10:05 AM

Sep 2014
Found the episode boring to be honest. But I gotta admit that was an elite-tier voice cast for the highest ranks of Demon Corps. Shinazugawa went too far here which I honestly found it very stupid that the others did let him do all this. Being a demon or not if someone is going to hurt another to death of course the latter is going to retaliate and defend themselves regardless of them wanting to eat human flesh or not. I'm still expecting Nezuko to restrain herself somehow in one way or another to avoid getting killed at the end.
Aug 31, 2019 10:08 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Omg, I was expecting that bamboo to fall off but thank lord it didn’t!

Shinazugawa’s arguments are totally valid and while I understand that this is the best option in order to sate their doubts and whatnot, I still can’t forgive him for torturing Nezuko like that! Tanjirou’s headbutt there was so bloody satisfying, but here’s to hoping Nezuko won’t try to replicate that for their (plus Giyu and Urokudani) sakes.

On another note, it’s great to see KanaHana here! Some really hilarious moments from her character’s side. Shinobu trying to be a bit more reasonable was a nice change to see too, but I feel like I need more time with the other Hashiras as of now.

Damn, who’s the master though? What kind of influence/strength do you need to make the top 9 swordsman bow down like that? Can’t wait to get more on this, I’m sure there’s more to him than that catches the eye!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 31, 2019 10:12 AM

Nov 2016
I love the fuckin pillars I'm so happy
"Before I slit your throat, I'll give you a kiss," Nezumi said softly. "You'll find out exactly how much better I am at giving farewell kisses."
Aug 31, 2019 10:15 AM

Sep 2017
Pillars are cool but

damn, I hate Sanemi so much. I hope he'll die in a horrible way.
Aug 31, 2019 10:16 AM

Oct 2009
Wow, so basically the lieutenants or captains or whatever they're the equivalents of are just a bunch of hard-headed jerks. But hey at least Tanjirou learns that he's been violating the rules all this time. And that if Nezuko fails, three of them will have to commit suicide.
Bah. Might be my personal circumstances, all the crap that's happened to me this week, but I'm not much fond of the hashira, or the other asspulls of this episode.
Aug 31, 2019 10:19 AM

Jul 2019
Is Nezuko just angry at him or is the blood really getting to her head? Its not the 1st time she was exposed to human blood and she never reacted that way. I hope she is just angry and they have a smack down next episode. Not gonna lie I was on the edge what would come next, but then... cliffhanger.

The hashira really have a seriously flashy character design. I like it! Also most of them not giving in makes sense though its obviously not smart to ignore all the facts surrounding her.

Oh, and could Tanjiro not have explained things in more detail instead of just screaming 'she is my little sister'? Things like:
-she regenerates in her sleep
-a former hashira has brainwashed her
-she killed that many demons already
+ all the stuff that was in the letter
Aug 31, 2019 10:20 AM

Dec 2017
Man those episodes do end fast on biggest cliffs one could imagine.
Aug 31, 2019 10:35 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty boring episode for the most part. Characters talking a lot but the talk wasn't that interesting . All the new characters look disastrous. When that dude said can't you see who is before you, I was like? A bunch of clowns? Everything from their coloring to their Hair and outfit. This is bleach all over again with changing the work uniform to their liking.Seems like they mostly used the time to let us see what traits and quirks each character have, but they didn't do it right.

That guy with scars needs to chill. So wrong when he stabbed Nezuko and then beat Tanjiro. I loved that at least Tanjiro did land a hit on him. The way they all did things was wrong. Yes, Nezuko is a demon, but she is not doing anything bad. They are trying to force her too. I don't think she is going to try to eat them though...anyone else want to spoil me if there is a demon Slayer that is part demon? I'm expecting there to be one lmao
Aug 31, 2019 10:40 AM

Jan 2015
Seygneur said:
Is Nezuko just angry at him or is the blood really getting to her head? Its not the 1st time she was exposed to human blood and she never reacted that way. I hope she is just angry and they have a smack down next episode.

Although it won’t be revealed for at least another 45 episodes of the anime and I wouldn’t even consider a 100% spoiler since it doesn’t play any important role plot-wise, but if you want to know this scene makes much more sense because
Aug 31, 2019 10:43 AM

Apr 2014
Giyuu being a bro and standing up for Nezuko

Most satisfying part of the episode:

Aug 31, 2019 10:45 AM

Jun 2016
Pillars are a bunch of hard-headed pricks as far as I am concerned with the exception of the Love Pillar and the Mist Pillar.
Of all of them, the only one I think I possibly like is the Mist Pillar, Tokitou Muichiro. Seems like a chill guy.
The Snake Pillar is just a typically prejudiced jerk and Sanemi is an over the top a-hole and is this anime's equivalent to Game of Throne's Gregor Clegane.
Love how name dropping Kibutsuji shook them all. I am probably one of the few people who has Muzan as his favorite in Kimetsu no Yaiba.
Gift by Mimurona

Aug 31, 2019 10:50 AM
Apr 2018
I see eps 22 and the drop the anime uwu
Aug 31, 2019 10:53 AM

Mar 2018
YOU CANT DO THAT CMON
WHYYYYYY CLIFFHANGER WHYYY

I don't like the Hashira.
There may be some that are cool like Tomioka but the rest, at least for now, I don't like them.
Those overly aggressive bastards from the end; the basically whore; the weird mobk thats always crying; the depressed kid without a care in the world; the always smiling wicked things saying dude and that flamboyant guy. This whole episode they were nothing but annoying ngl. At least for me, characterwise. The VA was pretty good can't say anything against that

Also Tanjiro's amazing headbutt and sturdiness- wanting to protect Nezuko. Best brother.
Urokodaki's letter too. Great character. Sadly most of the Hashira don't listen to reasoning
Maybe it's just me lacking information or still being tilted about the cliffhanger xd episode was legendary as always

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Aug 31, 2019 10:54 AM

May 2019
Well this was more of a build-up-episode but I liked it nonetheless.

The pillars we finally get to see sure look awesome. I personally like the design of the fire, wind and snake pillar the most.
The master is mysterious and those two servants (?) of him are once again creepy. Gotta wonder who he is though. The founder of the Demon Slayer Corps? A descendent? Does he have a special power? Hope we get to know him better in the next episode(s)!

Nice to know that he to some degree 'trusts' Tanjiro and Nezuko.
Maybe only because Urokodaki and Giyu vouched for them. The committing seppukku part really shocked me, knowing that Urokodaki and Giyu supported them that much really warmed my heart.

The love pillar admiring and loving everybody is fitting xD

I really wanted to like the wind pillar but he's not making this easy...
While I understand his grudge against demons and his distrust, nobody gets away with torturing precious innocent Nezuko!
Siblings standing up for eachother never gets old. And ma boi Tanjiro strikes again with his ultimate move: Headbutt! Eh, sounded more dramatic in my head.

Poor Nezuko. She does not deserve to be treated like this. I hope she at least breaks his arm. Or kicks him really hard.
... Nah, I believe in ma gurl to settle this peacefully. She will not let the demonic urges controll her, she will be alright, she must be alright!

Ew, a cliffhanger leaving us hanging for another week. Looking forward to next episode! :D
"Once I’ve become stronger, I won’t have to be this miserable."
"If you can’t see what’s important, then it’s because you’re too ashamed to open your eyes."

– Ganta Igarashi

Feel free to add me c:
Aug 31, 2019 10:58 AM

May 2018
That cliffhanger... I have to resist.... don't read the manga... noooo~

►"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines." ◄
►"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."◄
►"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"◄
Aug 31, 2019 11:01 AM

Apr 2018
IwibeYodema said:
I personally like the design of the fire, wind and snake pillar the most.
same here, their designs is very good. I liked it.
Aug 31, 2019 11:09 AM

Jun 2014
FINALLY GUYS, here comes the most BROKEN breathing style of all!!

HEAD breathing!! (Seriously, there is not a single opponent who is unaffected by the unstoppable head butt XD)

SmilingBeginnerAug 31, 2019 11:14 AM
Aug 31, 2019 11:24 AM
Aug 2015
The pace has slowed down as expected and we get almost all exposition for this episode. Unfortunately much of this expositions is repeated statements about breaking rules, killing Tanjiro and Nezuko, and introductions of characters that honestly aren't that interesting so far. I don't mind slower paced dialogue heavy episodes in action series, but when the dialogue is lacking meaningful content I gotta say I get a bit let down. But this is a build up episode so I won't say it is bad because it is necessary.

Now, I will say the Hashiras are, so far, boring characters in my opinion. I don't even mind that they are dead set on killing Nezuko. That's what I'd expect from the most devout of demon slayers. But it's the classic anime trope of "let's give this group of characters really obnoxious quirks so the viewer can easily remember them". So hopefully their characters are more than just obnoxious quirks (because some anime do leave their characters to just be obnoxious quirks) and we get to learn more about them so they won't stay boring characters.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Yesterday, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Apr 22, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.