Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 1, 2019 4:54 AM

Feb 2015
Himawari9 said:
I know that people will hate the Pillars after this episode. People forget that they are demon slayers and Nezuko is a demon. We as audiences know her history but the Pillars don't. There is no proof that Nezuko didn't kill any human and will never do that.
All of the Pillars have their family, friends, comrades kill by demons so asking them to accept a demon immediately is hard.

On a side note, I like all of Pillars even Sanemi. It is hard to pick a favorite among them. Maybe Rengoku and Shinobu but Gyomei and Uzui are cool too.

I don't this people have forgotten the pillars are demons slayer or that Nezuko is a demon. It's kind of the whole concept of the show. This pillars are just shit Shounen tropes.
Sep 1, 2019 5:11 AM

Dec 2016
Esquirtit said:
ExaltedChampion said:
We the viewers can see that tanjirou telling the truth, but the in-universe character don't. They even ask Tanjirou what kind of proof does he have that she hadn't or will not attack human. Also what credible witness? Giyuu who haven't seen them in 2 years and know nothing about what happen to them all that time? Urokodaki who have a soft spot for his pupil and also haven't meet tehm for sometime now? Inosuke and Zenitsu, 2 rookies and currently out of commission?

Also Wind Pillar probably the one that have the hardest time accept this due to his past.

I can understand not trusting her immediately but impaling her with a sword is simply retarded (she was in a small box ffs). I mean they are aware good demons do exist in this world right? You would think if the leader ordered to bring her to him something's right. Note that we don't see them discuss any of the facts, they were being retarded. They were being violent for the sake of it while waiting for their leader to arrive and clear things up. Needless gore and edge imo

What hat about those birds, how bad are they at relaying information. Why didn't Urokodakimore tell he hypnotized her.

This is the same organization that sends kids to their death in a trial so whatever. And lowest of the low demon slayers to a place where hundreds have died just to get that death count running high lol what

No, the pillars don't know there good demon cause there like 3 ( Tamayo and her assistant + Nezuko). Also 2 of which are hiding from both Muzan and the corp, of course no one know about that. For the Pillars, this is the first time something like this have happen, so of course their can't believe it, It like you show up to your school with a xenomorph and said it friendly and won't eat human without having any proof. Also it clear that the leader invite the Pillars here for a reason, for them to accept the sibling since they gonna work together in the future. He also know his subordinates well enough to know how to convince them Also they did discuss fact, the fact that if she kill someone, it cannot be undone and Tanjirou word alone cannot be trusted cause he is Nezuko brother. Remember that in-universe character don't have insight of the readers.
Sep 1, 2019 5:44 AM

Dec 2014
Such a powerful episode...hmmmm a bit sad that only four episodes are left
Sep 1, 2019 6:30 AM

Mar 2018
ExaltedChampion said:
Esquirtit said:

I can understand not trusting her immediately but impaling her with a sword is simply retarded (she was in a small box ffs). I mean they are aware good demons do exist in this world right? You would think if the leader ordered to bring her to him something's right. Note that we don't see them discuss any of the facts, they were being retarded. They were being violent for the sake of it while waiting for their leader to arrive and clear things up. Needless gore and edge imo

What hat about those birds, how bad are they at relaying information. Why didn't Urokodakimore tell he hypnotized her.

This is the same organization that sends kids to their death in a trial so whatever. And lowest of the low demon slayers to a place where hundreds have died just to get that death count running high lol what

No, the pillars don't know there good demon cause there like 3 ( Tamayo and her assistant + Nezuko). Also 2 of which are hiding from both Muzan and the corp, of course no one know about that. For the Pillars, this is the first time something like this have happen, so of course their can't believe it, It like you show up to your school with a xenomorph and said it friendly and won't eat human without having any proof. Also it clear that the leader invite the Pillars here for a reason, for them to accept the sibling since they gonna work together in the future. He also know his subordinates well enough to know how to convince them Also they did discuss fact, the fact that if she kill someone, it cannot be undone and Tanjirou word alone cannot be trusted cause he is Nezuko brother. Remember that in-universe character don't have insight of the readers.

Oh I see, I didn't remember that they were hiding from the corps. I thought Tanjiro would notify the corpe of their existence anyway

Yeah I know they'll accept her but how violent they were was too edgy. Ur analogy doesn't work cause it's an organization that has worked with demons for centuries

EsquirtitSep 1, 2019 6:35 AM
poop
Sep 1, 2019 6:34 AM

Feb 2014
Gah! Curse you, cliffhanger! Now you have me craving for the next episode already! XD

Anyway, the trial with most of the Hashiras was pretty intimidating, apart from Mitsuri, the Love Hashira. She's gorgeous and she's also voiced by Hana Kanazawa as well, which is a bonus. =3

Their different range of personalities was pretty cool, although Sanemi, the Wind Hashira, was acting like a prick. Even though Tanjiro had his arms tied behind his back, he made such an excellent move to headbutt Sanemi in the head after he deviously injured Nezuko in front of him. No denying that the arrogant bastard deserved, too.

Thankfully, the master arrived and everyone fell into line. He's ruled that Tanjiro and Nezuko should be pardoned, backed up by a letter from Urokodaki. Hopefully Giyuu should be off the hook for his actions, too.

Despite the letter and the master's ruling, some of the Hashiras couldn't really accept it and although some of their points was valid, Tanjiro and Nezuko's encounter with Kibutsuji has given the demon slayers a golden opportunity that shouldn't by thrown away.

However, angry Sanemi was still acting defiant and went to slice his arm and let his blood drip out, trying to bait Nezuko into attacking him and to prove his point. I really do hope that Nezuko resists the urge here and holds her ground. You can do it, Nezuko! ^_^
Sep 1, 2019 6:37 AM

Dec 2016
Esquirtit said:
ExaltedChampion said:

Oh I see, I didn't remember that they were hiding from the corps. I thought Tanjiro would notify the corpe of their existence anyway

Yeah I know they'll accept her but how violent they were was too edgy. Ur analogy doesn't work cause it's a organization thar has worked with demons for centuries

I think Tanjirou smart enough to not inform people about Tamayo since she want to not get involve with the demon hunter, she only help Tanjirou cause she saw his compassion and Nezuko unique case. Also by work with demon for centuries you mean kill demons or be killed by demons during all those time cause that the only interaction between demon hunter and demon.
Sep 1, 2019 6:38 AM

Jul 2019
I already strongly disliked the Pillars at first but after the Master said that Tanjiro and Nezuko were accepted from the start now I hate them. Tanjiro should be in bed what the hell. What a despicable bunch of people they are seriously! The headbutt was more than satisfying. lol
Life is a despicable endurance race
Sep 1, 2019 7:31 AM
Jul 2015
Nubiellee said:
I already strongly disliked the Pillars at first but after the Master said that Tanjiro and Nezuko were accepted from the start now I hate them. Tanjiro should be in bed what the hell. What a despicable bunch of people they are seriously! The headbutt was more than satisfying. lol

They made such a big fuss about a slayer accompanying a demon being against the rules but like, do they have a strong enough organization to have rules? What really is the chain of command? How did the master know all of this information but not spread such information to the Hashiras? A group that seems to have authority second only to him had no idea what was going on, but instead of waiting to be filled in half were rushing to just make their own judgements without getting the whole story. They didn't even want to know the whole story. If, for whatever reason, the master hadn't shown up when he did(cuz dramatic timing for the plot) they would have killed Nezuko and Tanjiro. But more importantly they would have ruined a chance to learn more about this series main antagonist. Completely squandered an opportunity to at LEAST use the siblings as bait for Muzan and the twelve moons. Its just not impressive at all. They behave in such a disorganized way that I really don't care how strong they are supposed to be or how cool their powers are. Why root for a bunch of meatheads??
Sep 1, 2019 7:37 AM

Mar 2018
ExaltedChampion said:
Esquirtit said:

Yeah I know they'll accept her but how violent they were was too edgy. Ur analogy doesn't work cause it's a organization thar has worked with demons for centuries

I think Tanjirou smart enough to not inform people about Tamayo since she want to not get involve with the demon hunter, she only help Tanjirou cause she saw his compassion and Nezuko unique case. Also by work with demon for centuries you mean kill demons or be killed by demons during all those time cause that the only interaction between demon hunter and demon.

I mean they have a lot of information about demons. Just adding to that wouldn't hurt
poop
Sep 1, 2019 8:20 AM

Jul 2019
mecegirl said:
Nubiellee said:

They made such a big fuss about a slayer accompanying a demon being against the rules but like, do they have a strong enough organization to have rules? What really is the chain of command? How did the master know all of this information but not spread such information to the Hashiras? A group that seems to have authority second only to him had no idea what was going on, but instead of waiting to be filled in half were rushing to just make their own judgements without getting the whole story. They didn't even want to know the whole story. If, for whatever reason, the master hadn't shown up when he did(cuz dramatic timing for the plot) they would have killed Nezuko and Tanjiro. But more importantly they would have ruined a chance to learn more about this series main antagonist. Completely squandered an opportunity to at LEAST use the siblings as bait for Muzan and the twelve moons. Its just not impressive at all. They behave in such a disorganized way that I really don't care how strong they are supposed to be or how cool their powers are. Why root for a bunch of meatheads??

Yeah, they didn't care or didn't want to hear Tanjiro's story this is unbelievable. So I will not care about their stories too. :)
Life is a despicable endurance race
Sep 1, 2019 9:12 AM

Aug 2019
well i try, I really try to have a open mind about the seiyu of Himejima but the characterization wrong. in the hypothetical case of other seasons when Himejima says fucking kids because they are liars bastards, that part maybe lost impact because the seiyu tries to give an imposing voice.
Sep 1, 2019 9:33 AM

Jul 2014
Bibimbapski said:
Shinazugawa seems insane but after you read the manga or perhaps after the second, third, etc. season (but I suggest reading the manga) you will understand why he acts the way he does. Just like each demon Tanjirou fights have their own tragic backstory, so do the Hashira or Pillars. Just remember, the saying "everyone has a story" rings true in this series.

I've read it, and it still doesnt justify what he's done to Nezuko since it already came from their boss that Nezuko has not killed anyone yet, so by far she is still innocent, demon or not even a human can be a demon ''not in the literal sense but you get it'' what went down was basically Shinazugawa not accepting that Nezuko will remain the way she is, the irrational roundabout way on his solution is.. he put Nezuko in a spot where it wouldnt surprise anyone if he gets attacked which was dumb af, you know normally anyone would fight back if someone stabs you not just once but multiple times right.
Their past doesnt change the fact that they treated a member of their demon slaying corps and an innocent demon unjustly and torture despite their positions of being their top slayers.
Sep 1, 2019 9:44 AM

Aug 2018
cant wait for episode 23
this episode was fire fire fire
Sep 1, 2019 9:45 AM

Sep 2018
Hey, the pillars a bunch of generic no brain fuckers, at least most of them.

Sep 1, 2019 9:50 AM
Apr 2016
Good lord, Tanjirou is in such a bad situation right now, seriously bad.

We got to see other Tomioka-rank demon slayers, so that was very nice. All of them hold a distinguished personality like expected, all hard to deal with.
Sep 1, 2019 9:51 AM

Aug 2019
Plenty of exposition and new character intros that were to be bound to happen at some point given the source material.

I suppose given that they've been trained to ruthlessly dispatch demons, who in their eyes, have no redeemable qualities whatsoever is somewhat understandable when faced with Nezuko. They probably haven't seen a demon like her and just assume that they're all the same and need to be dispatched without mercy.

I quite like how Shinobu seems to have calmed down a little and is willing to at least hear Tanjiro out. Kanroji was predictable given her title. The Mist was blissfully ignorant either way, but the rest were pretty brutal in how they treated both MC's, even after hearing what their master had to say. The Hashira's obviously have their differences and prefer to work as individuals, but that bodes well for how they are written in future to be honest.

All of the various character archetypes have been covered. Most of the them behaved and sounded like I'd imagined they would.

Decent episode so 4/5.

Sep 1, 2019 10:24 AM

Feb 2010
Janethan23 said:
WorldoverHeaven said:
master is a soft pearson
- When you say soft are you suggesting he's actually weak? Do you judge the merits of leadership simply on ruling with an Iron fist or someone who actually uses logic and reason. So far the master has demonstrated prudence by not being consumed by vengance his subordinates have shown.

the leader is probably one of the best leaders in a shounen jump series I've seen to date. I won't spoil why though.

its not his fault that the majority of the pillars are dysfunctional or assholes. (as you will see later.)
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 1, 2019 10:39 AM

May 2015
ubuyashiki is probably the best character in any shounen ever made.
Sep 1, 2019 11:13 AM

Feb 2015
Mike4992 said:
-Stray said:
God damn it, I cant resist the urge anymore, time to binge the fucking manga.

That was me when I finished episode 19. From what I've heard, it's totally worth it. And what's great is, that the whole manga series is definitely getting an adaptation!

Wow really, is this true (source)?
And will ufotable continue to do the adaption?

AFAIK, the manga has nearly 190 chapters and we are at like what, Chapter 50 or so now?
So there definitely already is more than enough material.
Sep 1, 2019 11:34 AM
Jul 2015
hazarddex said:
Janethan23 said:
- When you say soft are you suggesting he's actually weak? Do you judge the merits of leadership simply on ruling with an Iron fist or someone who actually uses logic and reason. So far the master has demonstrated prudence by not being consumed by vengance his subordinates have shown.

the leader is probably one of the best leaders in a shounen jump series I've seen to date. I won't spoil why though.

its not his fault that the majority of the pillars are dysfunctional or assholes. (as you will see later.)

It is and it isn't. What I mean is as a leader he should have some control over their behavior. It is great that he is willing to hear them out. It is great that he seems to value their opinions. But the way they behave when he isn't around is telling. There is no discipline and what discipline they have displayed thus far feels like an act.

He really shouldn't accept such messiness. It wasn't as if their current task (wait till all members are assembled to have a "trial") was hard. All they had to do is wait long enough to hear all arguments and get the facts. A demon in a box during a the day, and a low rank slayer that is injured and bound, is NOT a threat to the lot of them. Definitely not something that needed to be handled right then and there. They need to learn how to chill and the master obviously hasn't impressed the value of patience on them.
Sep 1, 2019 12:10 PM

Mar 2014
I'm absolutely convinced that space cadet Mist Hashira is Inosuke's sibling

Tanjiro's headbutt made me lol xD
Sep 1, 2019 12:14 PM
Sep 2019
Very interresting episode featuring the pillars. I don't have much to say as the episode is hard to put into words for me. But I find the new charracters to be very fascinating. Also we got the cliffhanger at the end so I can't wait for the next one.
Sep 1, 2019 12:23 PM

Jul 2014
Warghost said:
Mike4992 said:

That was me when I finished episode 19. From what I've heard, it's totally worth it. And what's great is, that the whole manga series is definitely getting an adaptation!

AFAIK, the manga has nearly 190 chapters and we are at like what, Chapter 50 or so now?

There's enough for 3 seasons, KnY is up at CH 172. They adapt 2-3 chapters each ep. We are currently at CH 47 (early, there are still some pages left to complete it) AFAIK it hasnt been confirmed if Ufo's gonna do a full adaptation, they said its up to the fans support, but people are taking that as a yes because KnY's popularity spread like crazy so they think it'll have enough supporters in buying its merchs and blu-rays. Who knows. My favorite arc wont happen till like S3, I might be dead by then lol.
Sep 1, 2019 12:27 PM

Oct 2018
-Stray said:
Warghost said:

There's enough for 3 seasons, KnY is up at CH 172. They adapt 2-3 chapters each ep. We are currently at CH 47 (early, there are still some pages left to complete it) AFAIK it hasnt been confirmed if Ufo's gonna do a full adaptation, they said its up to the fans support, but people are taking that as a yes because KnY's popularity spread like crazy so they think it'll have enough supporters in buying its merchs and blu-rays. Who knows. My favorite arc wont happen till like S3, I might be dead by then lol.

I think it's safe to think they will make another season

As you said, they said it's up to the support of the fans if they will make it a full adaptation

And if the support is all they need, then they can start making season 2,since this anime is one of the biggest hit of 2019 and it's popularity has been growing insanely recently, that no-one expected in the studio

They are definitely getting the support they need
Sep 1, 2019 1:20 PM
Jul 2014
I love the series, especially the stuff after this season's content, don't get me wrong. But I feel like the 8.73 is a bit too much of a score for the first season, and people hyping it up because of episode 19 (which 100% deserves the praise). I would understand this score if we talking about S2 or S3, but the first half of the season is badly paced, generic, and sometimes boring, that only the god tier presentation saves from being unnoticed by the community. So it's not a second coming of the anime Christ. Not for hating the show, but I hope it's score goes down when the season ends, a lot. I thought that today's episode was only 1 chapter stretched out, because it felt really slow, then I checked it, and it was 2 chapters and 5 pages. WTF? The VAs for the Pillars are also a god tier cast. I still don't know how many chapters they will adapt and how, but I'm curious to see.
Sep 1, 2019 1:22 PM
Jul 2019
Oh looks like Shinazugawa was teasing nezuko into giving in.
Sep 1, 2019 1:29 PM

Mar 2009
Personally, I liked the hashiras character designes and didn't mind their characters because I feel like they're still young so they have a lot to learn and demon slayers probs have a short life span so that's why most of them are pretty much still ignorant kids. Episode went super fast, can't wait for the next one!!
Sep 1, 2019 2:00 PM

Jul 2019
Não vejo a hora do proximo!!!
Sep 1, 2019 2:08 PM

Oct 2018
Nakamamonogatari said:
I love the series, especially the stuff after this season's content, don't get me wrong. But I feel like the 8.73 is a bit too much of a score for the first season, and people hyping it up because of episode 19 (which 100% deserves the praise). I would understand this score if we talking about S2 or S3, but the first half of the season is badly paced, generic, and sometimes boring, that only the god tier presentation saves from being unnoticed by the community. So it's not a second coming of the anime Christ. Not for hating the show, but I hope it's score goes down when the season ends, a lot. I thought that today's episode was only 1 chapter stretched out, because it felt really slow, then I checked it, and it was 2 chapters and 5 pages. WTF? The VAs for the Pillars are also a god tier cast. I still don't know how many chapters they will adapt and how, but I'm curious to see.

*Says loves the series*

*Also wishes it had much lower score*

I can't imagine how someone can feel this way

On another note, I think the score will go up to 8.8 until the last episode, and will end up with a score of 8.7, a few weeks after the last episode, and I think it's totally deserved

Also, if the first season has such a high score, then based on what I've read about the manga, if there will be season 2 or 3, they have a really high chance of ending up with 9+ score

Many say this season is almost like a prologue to the real story

Like S1 of Re:Zero(that's about 15% of the entire story)
-Aincrad-Sep 1, 2019 2:13 PM
Sep 1, 2019 2:15 PM

Jul 2014
-Aincrad- said:

I think it's safe to think they will make another season

As you said, they said it's up to the support of the fans if they will make it a full adaptation

And if the support is all they need, then they can start making season 2,since this anime is one of the biggest hit of 2019 and it's popularity has been growing insanely recently, that no-one expected in the studio

They are definitely getting the support they need

I pray to God we get a full adaptation, after reading the manga I thought manga readers were just overhyping this up but they actually weren't, KnY's a gem.
How this skipped my radar during its early days baffles me.
Soon as this season ends I hope we get an announcement that they're already planning a sequel.
Sep 1, 2019 2:21 PM
Jun 2015
RainyShadow said:
WTF was this dragged crap?! Whole episode watching those fugly people blabber...

I want my 23mins back!
It was a One Piece episode lol
Sep 1, 2019 2:34 PM
Jun 2019

In this chapter we see the respect of the pillars towards his teacher and how, although they respect him very much, they can ignore him as the wind pillar that attacked Nezuko in the end, very good chapter, I hope the next one ^ _ ^\

Sep 1, 2019 2:35 PM
Jul 2014
-Aincrad- said:
Nakamamonogatari said:

*Says loves the series*

*Also wishes it had much lower score*

I can't imagine how someone can feel this way

On another note, I think the score will go up to 8.8 until the last episode, and will end up with a score of 8.7, a few weeks after the last episode, and I think it's totally deserved

Also, if the first season has such a high score, then based on what I've read about the manga, if there will be season 2 or 3, they have a really high chance of ending up with 9+ score

Many say this season is almost like a prologue to the real story

Like S1 of Re:Zero(that's about 15% of the entire story)

I easily can feel towards it this way. Because I didn't really liked the first half of the season and almost dropped it. Then episode 19 came, and I checked the manga, read it in 3 days and now I love it. But the good and amazing stuff only comes in S2. So the first season is pretty weak compared to the stuff in the manga. I think me giving an 8/10 to S1 even tho I didn't like much the first half, is pretty generous. I will most likely give S2 a 9 tho, if Ufotable stays and they pick up the pace.
Sep 1, 2019 2:52 PM

Dec 2018
guess this is the time i have to read its manga, i cant endure my eagerness til next ep.

Please someone protects Nezuko, these Hashiras are fu*** assholes ewww if the humanity could depend on them, god bless these little spirits bc all of them seem pretty selfish and narcisist who dont have any f*** affection for nothing as well no empathy at all. Rats with lavish clothes
Sep 1, 2019 3:30 PM

Apr 2013
ok you all are pointing out the head but what about THIS AMAZING ELBOW?!
Sep 1, 2019 4:01 PM
~Watching Anime

Oct 2018
fallingfromsky said:
guess this is the time i have to read its manga, i cant endure my eagerness til next ep.

Please someone protects Nezuko, these Hashiras are fu*** assholes ewww if the humanity could depend on them, god bless these little spirits bc all of them seem pretty selfish and narcisist who dont have any f*** affection for nothing as well no empathy at all. Rats with lavish clothes

"Rats with lavish clothes" That's a nicely turned phrase, and oh so apropos. I'll remember it while trying to purge the memory of the monsters in Dior.
Have suspicions, not faith.
Sep 1, 2019 5:40 PM

Feb 2015
Well, I hope you guys are right and they keep having enough support to produce a 2nd (and more!) season.
Sep 1, 2019 6:12 PM

Aug 2017
Himawari9 said:
DiegoNC said:
I'm up to date with the manga, but I still don't like most of those pillars... I mean, they are powerful, have sad backsories, but still they shouldn't be insubordinate as they are, they are very bad leaders too... no wonder swordsmen die left and right with such a horrendous leadership.

The Pillars aren't mean to be leaders of the Demon Slayers. Most Slayers operate alone so there is no need for a leader. They are Pillars because they are strong, not because they have leadership ability. It is obvious when you look at the criteria to become a Pillar, kill a Demon Moon or kill 50 demons and you will become a Pillars. It doesn't help that most Pillars died young before they even reach 25.

They are leaders, they are summoned to discuss every six months matters of leadership of the corps and they obviously could take other swordsmen in their missions, and when they are in mission they give orders to the other swordsmen. They are obviously leaders, but the master can't rely much on them, only Shinobu shows that she is capable of leading something on a daily basis. If you pay attention everyone in that world consider them as the leaders of the Corps.

BTW the only Hashira that ever showed why she is a Pillar is Shinobu, the rest are kinda ok, but not much more than raw power, except for Flamboyant Guy, Sanemi (Wind "Scar" Guy), and Obanai (Snake), those three are only jerks.
DiegoNCSep 1, 2019 6:23 PM
Sep 1, 2019 8:28 PM
Jul 2015
RavBTW said:
ok you all are pointing out the head but what about THIS AMAZING ELBOW?!

It's not impressive considering that Tanjiro was tied up on the ground.
Sep 1, 2019 9:16 PM

Aug 2017
Man that just flew by in like 5 minutes! I wish it didn't end on such a cliffhanger, but it's obvious Nezuko isn't going to attack him. I mean, if she attacks him, she'd be instantly killed by the Hashiras, then they'd execute Tanjiro, then Tomioka and Urokodaki would commit seppuku because Nezuko attacked a human. And that would be the end of the anime. LOL! That was pretty awesome that Urokodaki and Tomioka put their lives on the line for Nezuko.

It's also great storytelling that, that wasn't enough for most of the Hashiras. Normally, in this kind of situation, they'd just be like: "Okay, the master vouched for her." and move on. That's not realistic. You don't spend your whole life fighting and watching your friends die before the enemy, and then just be okay with a demon getting to live. I like that they're going so far, even disobeying the Master.
Sep 1, 2019 10:03 PM

Feb 2011
I peeked ahead at the manga and I'm actually glad I did, it toned down my excitement and now I can watch more calmly;;
眠れないのは君のせい
Sep 1, 2019 10:43 PM
Jan 2019
Wow! An episode full of tension.
The pillars are a box of surprises, they have different personalities, some are badass and others funny, but just by seeing them you know they are very strong. And the respect they show to the employer, left me impressed, but they also show a certain amount of will. I wonder how he got that scar on his face.
Master Urokodaki and Tomioka are really admirable and respectful people. Without a doubt, Tanjiro and Nezuko met the right people. I felt something in my heart when I heard the reading of Urokodaki's letter.
It was great when Tanjiro gave the wind pillar a header, hahaha. That idiot does not listen to reasons, but I do not judge him completely, I would also doubt, although I do not forgive him to harm Nezuko in that way, Bastard!
I will look forward to the next episode.

Ps: And the pillar of lightning? I thought Kyojuro was, but it turned out to be the pillar of fire. What surprised me. There will be someone who masters two techniques (water and fire) like Tanjiro.
Mitsuri the pillar of love, is very cute and funny.
Sep 1, 2019 11:08 PM
May 2016
It was fine, wasn't really excited about seeing these people from last episode and this episode kinda proved me right. We just kept getting the Hashira's showing off unfunny tropes that dragged. The Master arriving must've taken like 2 whole minutes. Was just waiting for the episode to get to the part when Nezuko is revealed to be harmless but no we gotta wait a week. Fuck that cliffhanger so hard.
Sep 2, 2019 4:17 AM

Jun 2013
-Stray said:
Bibimbapski said:
Shinazugawa seems insane but after you read the manga or perhaps after the second, third, etc. season (but I suggest reading the manga) you will understand why he acts the way he does. Just like each demon Tanjirou fights have their own tragic backstory, so do the Hashira or Pillars. Just remember, the saying "everyone has a story" rings true in this series.

I've read it, and it still doesnt justify what he's done to Nezuko since it already came from their boss that Nezuko has not killed anyone yet, so by far she is still innocent, demon or not even a human can be a demon ''not in the literal sense but you get it'' what went down was basically Shinazugawa not accepting that Nezuko will remain the way she is, the irrational roundabout way on his solution is.. he put Nezuko in a spot where it wouldnt surprise anyone if he gets attacked which was dumb af, you know normally anyone would fight back if someone stabs you not just once but multiple times right.
Their past doesnt change the fact that they treated a member of their demon slaying corps and an innocent demon unjustly and torture despite their positions of being their top slayers.

I never said what he did was justified. I said it explains why he acts the way he does, there is a difference between knowing and understanding why a person acts the way that they do and defending them, trying to prove why their actions were justified. I agree what he did was over-the-top but a lot of things in this show are exaggerated for dramatic effect.
臭い-
Sep 2, 2019 4:32 AM

Jul 2014
Bibimbapski said:
-Stray said:

I never said what he did was justified. I said it explains why he acts the way he does, there is a difference between knowing and understanding why a person acts the way that they do and defending them, trying to prove why their actions were justified. I agree what he did was over-the-top but a lot of things in this show are exaggerated for dramatic effect.

Oh, from the sound of your first comment it looked like you were trying to say when we see his backstory we'll understand that what he did was right or he wasnt wrong for what he did or something. My bad.
Sep 2, 2019 11:05 AM

May 2018
Sep 2, 2019 11:05 AM
Oct 2018
...about the Hashiras, i once saw a comment on youtube saying that please don't hate the Hashiras, they all have sad past.... sorry manga readers, after this episode, doesn't matter what development their characters will have, i'm pretty sure my hatred to most of the Hashiras won't dissapear.... ever
Sep 2, 2019 12:01 PM
Jan 2018
well looks like the anime adaption is working the manga total print has reached past 10 million copies.

it reached 6 million ( digital and Physical ) Copies in May 19 one month after the anime started airing,

and has sold 4 million copys in 4 months

there are a total of 16 volumes out atm

https://www.crunchyroll.com/en-gb/anime-news/2019/09/02-1/kimetsu-no-yaiba-mangas-total-print-run-reaches-ten-million-copies?utm_source=community_cr&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=news&referrer=community_cr_twitter_news
Mattinator95Sep 2, 2019 1:24 PM
Sep 2, 2019 1:05 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Mattinator95 said:
well looks like the anime adaption is working the manga total print has reached past 10 million copies.

it reached 6 million ( digital and Physical ) Copies in May 19 one month after the anime started airing,

and has sold 4 million copys in 4 months

there are a total of 16 volumes out atm

That's great. Hopefully it will mean that the series will get a second season soon.
Sep 2, 2019 1:54 PM

Apr 2016
Why they continue to add annoying characters like the pink haired girl!? I can't appreciate the characters of this series, I've to give up ahahaha. Nothing interesting in this episode and I'm sure of what will happen in the next, nothin difficult to predict obviously.
HectorBlazeSep 2, 2019 2:04 PM
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
4 hours ago

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Apr 22, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.