Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 31, 2019 10:31 AM

Sep 2014
Anyone would be traumatized after seeing that freaking toad "woman" poor Bell.

Aisha really has a soft spot for Haruhime and she's right, Bell needs to man the fuck up already.

Oh well only a matter of time until Haruhime is saved =w= and Ishtar familia likely gets owned.
Aug 31, 2019 10:35 AM
Aug 2019
Gorochu said:
Can someone spoil me what is Ishtar grudge against Freya? To go to this length.

The Freya familia is the top familia of Orario, Freya is technically the top god of the lower world with Loki below her. Both Freya and Ishtar are pretty similar given that they’re both hot goddesses and can charm any person so she sees her as a rival. Ishtar’s is jealous how much better she is and willing to dethrone her by any means, even if it means playing dirty. Freya does have high level members on her side even the only level 7 in Orario. Which would explain why Ishtar plans to use the killing stone so her familia has an advantage against Freya’s adventurers.
Aug 31, 2019 12:02 PM

Sep 2014
I won't say that it was right what Aisha say to encourage Bell, but nor deny it. Actually Bell now have take responsibility for his action which affect not only Hestia & Bell, but now aswell Mikoto, Welf and Lili. They just finished war beetween Apollo and he getting now involved again in war (Ishtar & Freya) and even if he had boosted hope due to way to rescue Haruhime, he get into shit which only complicated stuff. Actually Ishar famillia seems like big player in Orario and logically 5-man crew can't beat them, especially if disgusting Toad is ultra strong as tales says and Aisha told him that he's only cowardly kid (well, she's young kid so kinda true). Without any strategy or discusion what to do beetween Hestia familia he can't just take good decision in place what he was (when Aisha give the harash speech). Even thier familia said him before in previous epiosde that no rush into things, now he have to take rush decision... and he just broke... broke under pression which I had.
Even if Toad didn't broke him before he at the end broke himself under pression he had.

Tho Bell is dense.
Aug 31, 2019 12:19 PM
Mar 2015
Bel and Mikoto captured and escaped,but now haruhime is to be sacrificed to make a weapon against the Freya familia
Aug 31, 2019 1:15 PM
Apr 2018
this shit was heavy af...a phenomenal episode holy shit it was so good....and as sorry as i am to say this i dont care about the global poverty,wars nor amazon fires,hell i dont give a shit about isis anymore as long as the wretched fuck mess of vomit toad dies the most horrid death imaginable
Aug 31, 2019 1:40 PM
Jun 2012
Does Bell ever get better as a character? It feels like he's been the weakling that needs saving for the entirety of this series. He'll show some form of strength and growth, only to get smacked around or just lack any confidence to make a decision once the next conflict arises. It feels like he hasn't gotten any better at anything other than fighting monsters.....
Aug 31, 2019 1:53 PM
Apr 2016
this episode is so bad and dumb, all the interesting key plots were replaced by cheap talking and bell's brain freezing without reason
Aug 31, 2019 3:02 PM

Dec 2016
Hegar said:
I never thought I'd see the word "prostitute" in an anime. And here they are laying it on in a thick layer. Even naming the next episode War Prostitutes.

If they are such great warriors, why would they be prostitutes? When every other warrior house can make money through the dungeon or other activities? Oh, but prostitution is EXCITING for the viewers, I guess.

And despite being more than a dozen prostitutes, they are not the only ones in this town. No, aside from them there is an entire neighborhood.

Kidnapping visitors that come to the brothel district. No problem! Surely that won't scare anyone away. Neither will running through the town outside of the brothel district, with swords drawn, chasing the visitors.

But who cares. Prostitutes are sexy, and prostitutes with swords is a cool concept, right?

I remember when this show used to be about the dungeon. And leveling up to match the lady of the main character's dreams. As in the title.

I must say this, in some ways you aren't wrong but still you see just one side.

Some people just love sex and there's literally nothing wrong with wanting to work as prostitute, stripper, etc. only wrong side is that this job is illegal therefore often abused.

Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Aug 31, 2019 4:36 PM
Nov 2018
Nieznajomy43 said:

Some people just love sex and there's literally nothing wrong with wanting to work as prostitute, stripper, etc. only wrong side is that this job is illegal therefore often abused.

"There's literally nothing wrong with working as a prostitute" - You see my comment and you put it in a box, to which the response prescribed by leftist doctrine is "there's nothing wrong with working as...." Starting over. There's nothing wrong with going to the bathroom either. But there is a reason why shows don't show the main character sitting on a toilet. As for prostitutes it is hinted at for fun in anime, like some laughing girls blowing kisses at the main character as he walks into town, but here they are laying it on thick for no other reason than sexual titillation. As I already said, it is ridiculous that one of the most powerful houses would be working as prostitutes, a job almost every woman would be disgusted by. Whether it is "literally" (misuse of the word) not wrong or not. It is laughable - "literally" laughable - that such powerful warriors would still get money by spreading their legs or perform oral sex for the townfolk who come knocking on their doors. If you don't understand my comment on this, then you don't understand sex. I recommend having it, it brings perspective.

These powerful warriors would be fighting in the dungeon, killing monsters and get money for it, like everyone else. No need to dirty themselves and get nightmares for life. But noo, the writers needed some sex, lots of sex, to keep the viewers interested. Absent real sex scenes, this is what they can do instead.

Next: Powerful gods sweeping the floors and cleaning lavatories for gold.
Aug 31, 2019 5:16 PM

Aug 2018
Almost ''eaten'' by Jabba the Hutt. OOF
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Aug 31, 2019 5:34 PM

Dec 2016
Hegar said:
Nieznajomy43 said:

"There's literally nothing wrong with working as a prostitute" - You see my comment and you put it in a box, to which the response prescribed by leftist doctrine is "there's nothing wrong with working as...." Starting over. There's nothing wrong with going to the bathroom either. But there is a reason why shows don't show the main character sitting on a toilet. As for prostitutes it is hinted at for fun in anime, like some laughing girls blowing kisses at the main character as he walks into town, but here they are laying it on thick for no other reason than sexual titillation. As I already said, it is ridiculous that one of the most powerful houses would be working as prostitutes, a job almost every woman would be disgusted by. Whether it is "literally" (misuse of the word) not wrong or not. It is laughable - "literally" laughable - that such powerful warriors would still get money by spreading their legs or perform oral sex for the townfolk who come knocking on their doors. If you don't understand my comment on this, then you don't understand sex. I recommend having it, it brings perspective.

These powerful warriors would be fighting in the dungeon, killing monsters and get money for it, like everyone else. No need to dirty themselves and get nightmares for life. But noo, the writers needed some sex, lots of sex, to keep the viewers interested. Absent real sex scenes, this is what they can do instead.

that's why I said "in some ways you aren't wrong" in anime they were show because "prostitutes are sexy, and prostitutes with swords are a cool concept".

and you will be surprised but there are women who likes giving blowjobs, in the same way that there are people who like to "eat ass" or "eat pussy", I was honestly really surprised at first when one girl told me that she likes to give blojob to her boyfriend. So who am I to judge?

"These powerful warriors would be fighting in the dungeon, killing monsters and get money for it, like everyone else. No need to dirty themselves and get nightmares for life." ok this is funny, because fighting in the dungeon and killing MONSTERS also can be interpreted the same way, do you remember how we met Lili?, do you really think she was the only one?

"powerful warriors would still get money by spreading their legs" well there is something called BDSM when these powerful warriors can be dominant side where they humiliate others (for money).
Manga recommendation:
Anime recommendation:
Aug 31, 2019 5:38 PM

Dec 2016
Hegar said:

I can even imagine a god like that
Manga recommendation:
Anime recommendation:
Aug 31, 2019 7:06 PM

Aug 2013
Bell turned into shinji...

Maybe this is all a result of him not actually being inside a dungeon. wtf
I have a feeling the season will end with this arc.

Ack this season started off so hot
Aug 31, 2019 7:09 PM

Aug 2013
guizo- said:
bruh why couldn't the mangaka make the "toad" chick super thicc instead of Jabba. I don't get it, since it'd be the perfect balance to the athletic type amazons.
Aug 31, 2019 8:14 PM

Feb 2015
Man, this is so ridiculous. On all fronts, emotion, drama, pace, music. Good lord. This can't end fast enough.
Sep 1, 2019 2:14 AM

Dec 2016
SolarPioneer said:
guizo- said:
bruh why couldn't the mangaka make the "toad" chick super thicc instead of Jabba. I don't get it, since it'd be the perfect balance to the athletic type amazons.

because he most likely wanted to dehumanise her as much as possible so there wouldn't be comment like "So hot", "I wouldn't run away" etc. unfortunately, there are still people who thinks that "men being raped" is still consider "surprise sex".
Manga recommendation:
Anime recommendation:
Sep 1, 2019 4:37 AM

Oct 2008
oh really!? Aisha is gonna sacrifice Haruhime!? but it looks like she cares about her...hmmm quite reluctant about that...
looks like Bell needs a power boost again and make this war hype again!
5/5.

Sep 1, 2019 4:59 AM

Apr 2018
Bell almost got raped omg. That toad also looks straight out of One Piece lmao.
Sep 1, 2019 5:41 AM

Jul 2014
Fuck you, Omori, for coming up with such a repulsive, disgusting charcter in both personality and appearance and for making her important.

Also, it's all well and good worrying about Haruhime in all of this, but I'd worry more about the entire Ishtar familia potentially having access to the ability to boost their levels.

And oh great, Bell is "broken" for a bit, even though we all know he's going to try and save Haruhime in the end anyway. It's just wasting time to even have him "broken" by this.
AtavisticSep 1, 2019 5:46 AM
Sep 1, 2019 6:18 AM

Jan 2018
that fucking toad is a true ugly bastard. goddamn I'm gonna be mentally scarred if I was bell.

looks like she wants to give haruhime to him though but he looks too weak for it for now
Sep 1, 2019 7:20 AM

Dec 2014
well the pleasure district arc is really something
Sep 1, 2019 1:08 PM
Sep 2018
Honestly this series is really getting good. Animation this episode was pretty on point. I'm not a LN or Manga reader but I really like where this season is going! Poor Bell, he just really cares :(
You don’t have enough hatred
Sep 1, 2019 9:15 PM
Jan 2019
dark episode,but good quality
Sep 2, 2019 10:49 AM

May 2018
Malufeenho said:
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
So, bell suddenly developed cold feet, he doesn't want to start a war against them Istar bitches and he can't save haruhime.

Nah.. Not only that, there's the thing about heroes and prostitutes. Bell is a dumb-dumb

I couldn't agree with you more.
Sep 2, 2019 1:26 PM

Nov 2012
neonie said:
Man they left out so much stuff this episode in regards to Mikoto, it's actually kind of disappointing. This episode felt super rushed to me as a result. They didn't go over how her god taught her Ninja training before this. They didn't show her escaping from her cell having to make make-shift clothes and finally donning the ninja mask. They didn't show her finding the hestia knife and explaining that her ability worked on it, because white crow tells her where allies are, while black crow tells her where enemies are, and she realized that bells knife was an ally because it was a living weapon, and maybe most egregious of all, HER FUCKING CROW ABILITIES AREN'T ACTIVE ABILITIES, THEY ARE PASSIVES. WHY THE HELL DOES IT SHOW HER CASTING A PASSIVE DETECTION ABILITY?!

This whole arc is supposed to be a huge character development and information arc for Mikoto, and they are skipping all of the parts that are relevant to Mikoto...

You just explained a lot. Thanks! Personally, I'm not enjoying this season as much as the first. The episodes feel incomplete if that makes sense.

Now, I wonder if Ishtar has raped all of her familia.
Sep 2, 2019 1:32 PM

Jun 2010
dragynfaerie said:

You just explained a lot. Thanks! Personally, I'm not enjoying this season as much as the first. The episodes feel incomplete if that makes sense.

This season has felt rushed from the beginning. It's still more decent than the terrible adaption they did of the side stuff for Aiz, but it could be... A lot better. Just so you know, they skipped literally an entire book between the War Game arc and the Brothel arc that covered various other characters development.

Including one very important conversation between Fin and Lilly that is relevant to a later arc, that if they keep adapting the LN's, they probably won't explain.
Sep 2, 2019 2:07 PM

Nov 2012
neonie said:

This season has felt rushed from the beginning. It's still more decent than the terrible adaption they did of the side stuff for Aiz, but it could be... A lot better. Just so you know, they skipped literally an entire book between the War Game arc and the Brothel arc that covered various other characters development.

Including one very important conversation between Fin and Lilly that is relevant to a later arc, that if they keep adapting the LN's, they probably won't explain.

You pretty much just explained why haven't been enjoying the season.
Sep 2, 2019 3:03 PM

Mar 2017
The amount of sexual assault in this arc is becoming ridiculous. Like we get it, they're bad people, we don't need them raping and molesting someone every 5 seconds to get it.

It leaves a bad taste in my mouth, added with the fact that this arc is pretty booooring.
Sep 2, 2019 6:43 PM
Oct 2018
I'm a grown ass man and toad woman gave me nightmares
Sep 2, 2019 8:59 PM
Sep 2017
I love Bell like this. Its brings that different aspect unlike a lot of OP MC's who turns out to be boring.

Sep 3, 2019 1:31 AM

Jun 2013
like someone said earlier, the whole arc is interesting, but it feels so rushed in the content, but it feels like the content they're using makes the show drag on. its weird.

anywho, aisha is a really complex character, and i think shes on bell's side somewhat? more in haruhimes side of course but is trying to light a fire under bell's ass
Sep 3, 2019 5:40 AM
Jul 2018
this arc is bullshit
Sep 3, 2019 7:53 AM

Jul 2017
If there's anything else, I'd say the whole Ishtar Familia is so wrecked from the inside out. Aisha, the huge toad Phyrne, to even the other girls who are just attempting this like a bloodshed.

It's up to Haruhime the saving grace, to save Bell and Mikoto, to get out of the Ishtar Familia once and for all. It's just too unfortunate that she is the essential tool for the Killing Stone, a tool used to fight the Freya Familia.

For Aisha, her character development is somewhat of a mess, not just taking the Goddess Ishtar into account. For Bell, it's not just a situation of life and death, but his hesitation is just... unexplainable. All that tension from Season 1 that he had fought for, was gone in an instant.

Please end this arc already, it's getting extremely boring...
Sep 4, 2019 2:46 AM
Aug 2019
Hard to believe that there’s now only 4 more episodes of this left to go now ^_^
Sep 4, 2019 3:19 AM

Jan 2008
jesus christ whenever characters end up hearing the truth about themselves and how weak they r and they just go into a fucking doll like state i legit want them to burn, fuck it

Also known as the - "we don't know how to write". Fuckin' A.

Also this
this arc is bullshit

I mean - did they completely forget what this show was about before?

The amount of sexual assault in this arc is becoming ridiculous. Like we get it, they're bad people, we don't need them raping and molesting someone every 5 seconds to get it.

Oh? Aren't japs know for their subtelty?
WerchielSep 4, 2019 3:23 AM
Sep 4, 2019 3:41 AM
Jan 2018
neonie said:
dragynfaerie said:

they didn't skip a volume between the war game arc (vol 6) and the night district arc (Vol 7) and the only conversation fin and lilly have is in vol 8
Mattinator95Sep 4, 2019 5:17 AM
Sep 4, 2019 3:53 AM
Jan 2018
amf85 said:
I don't understand the Gods' powers. We're told earlier that they have to give up their powers to live among mortals, keeping only their ability to read/level-up their familia. This is consistent with what we see in the first season. Essentially they're figureheads more than real powerhouses, with a mortal often being the actual leader of the family.

Then, in season 2 we see Freya using some type of scrying powers, Ishtar using mind control, Hestia goes full god-mode in front of a huge crowd of people...clearly they still have their powers and can use them at will.

ishtar and freya have charm because they are goddess of beauty they just work differently as ishtar is weaker then Freya , they arent actually their real god powers and it was more like god aura then hestias actual power thats sealed
Mattinator95Sep 4, 2019 4:27 AM
Sep 4, 2019 5:15 AM
Jan 2018
neonie said:
Man they left out so much stuff this episode in regards to Mikoto, it's actually kind of disappointing. This episode felt super rushed to me as a result. They didn't go over how her god taught her Ninja training before this. They didn't show her escaping from her cell having to make make-shift clothes and finally donning the ninja mask. They didn't show her finding the hestia knife and explaining that her ability worked on it, because white crow tells her where allies are, while black crow tells her where enemies are, and she realized that bells knife was an ally because it was a living weapon, and maybe most egregious of all, HER FUCKING CROW ABILITIES AREN'T ACTIVE ABILITIES, THEY ARE PASSIVES. WHY THE HELL DOES IT SHOW HER CASTING A PASSIVE DETECTION ABILITY?!

This whole arc is supposed to be a huge character development and information arc for Minamoto, and they are skipping all of the parts that are relevant to Mikoto...

the dectection spel has an active trigger dosen't it
Sep 4, 2019 5:53 AM

Jul 2014
Malufeenho said:
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
So, bell suddenly developed cold feet, he doesn't want to start a war against them Istar bitches and he can't save haruhime.

Nah.. Not only that, there's the thing about heroes and prostitutes. Bell is a dumb-dumb

My thoughts exactly... like.. what kind of books does their world have about heroes? do they interpret them differently? cause as far as I know, a hero saves literally anyone regardless of background/past etc.
This arc has been such a distasteful experience to sit through.
Sep 4, 2019 6:04 AM

Jan 2008
-Stray said:
Malufeenho said:

My thoughts exactly... like.. what kind of books does their world have about heroes? do they interpret them differently? cause as far as I know, a hero saves literally anyone regardless of background/past etc.

You may not be far off. The defitinion of a Hero changes a lot - not just the world it comes from may influence it. In fact the definition of "Hero" changed in our world as well.
If you go back to ancient Greece a Hero is not someone who helps anyone - he is just someone who is strong and he achieves feats - helping anyone had nothing to do with it. What mattered was his fame.
So it may as well be influenced by the world here. We obviously go by our current modern definition which is why changing perspective is sometimes really important.
It's still bullshit and I probably put more thought into it than the writers but it's something.
Sep 4, 2019 8:50 AM
Jan 2018
bell didnt get cold feet , aishas words cut him deep and made him realise that he wasn't actually willing to risk anything for haruhime , aisha wasnt saying he was weak she was saying he lacks resolve and spirit and no desire,

bell will have a moment of anguish where he doesn't know what to do there main goal was to pay for her .not potential fight a war for her after finding out what will happen the situation changed from a just a mere purchase.

hes at a cross road for the first time where on one road he could just leave and forget about her or the other road where he will be selfish and risk everything to save her putting people he cares for in danger and potentially lose everything just because he believes its the right thing to do.
Mattinator95Sep 4, 2019 9:01 AM
Sep 4, 2019 9:31 AM

Mar 2019
Werchiel said:
-Stray said:

You may not be far off. The defitinion of a Hero changes a lot - not just the world it comes from may influence it. In fact the definition of "Hero" changed in our world as well.
If you go back to ancient Greece a Hero is not someone who helps anyone - he is just someone who is strong and he achieves feats - helping anyone had nothing to do with it. What mattered was his fame.
So it may as well be influenced by the world here. We obviously go by our current modern definition which is why changing perspective is sometimes really important.
It's still bullshit and I probably put more thought into it than the writers but it's something.

Thanks religion LOL
Sep 4, 2019 2:00 PM

Apr 2016
This episode was a bit boring, I don’t like this part but I hope they don't fail to rescue Haruhime. Hopefully this part ends as soon as possible.
Sep 4, 2019 7:45 PM
Jul 2012
luccide said:
Aisha's flashback story seems weak. I'm not even sure what's the point of that story tbh. To recap;
- Aisha hated (or rather jealous) Haruhime because she tried to get close/do something for her but she always look lifeless (given up on life)?
- Because of that she decided to vent her frustration by destroying something precious from the family.
- Then she got punished by both the commander and her goddess cruelly so that she can never disobey again.

My guess is she couldn't save Haruhime in any other way right from the start so she's kind of looking for an guy who could?

I think the precious stone was a Killing stone. So she was just putting on a facade of hating Haruhime.

I think she was telling the story in her own way, plus to emphasize how fked up the familia is, plus to try and explain to Bell the shit he's gotta go through to try and save her.
Sep 4, 2019 8:54 PM
Feb 2016
DelusionalUzume said:
Bell barely escaped a fate worse than death thanks to Haruhime, he better save her for that.
well she was also the one who helped capture him....
Sep 4, 2019 8:55 PM
Feb 2016
I would want to see the guild war betn Freya nd Ishtar...rather than Bell trying to be hero again, after his failure now...
Sep 5, 2019 2:13 AM
Jan 2018
HarunoAarex said:
I would want to see the guild war betn Freya nd Ishtar...rather than Bell trying to be hero again, after his failure now...

technically he hasn't even tried yet so how can he fail ,
Sep 5, 2019 8:43 PM

Jan 2013
What an intense episode! Poor Bell....
The prostitute's story, damn.

Can't believe the other big "girl" is lvl 5, omg!
This ark is so intense! Can't wait to see Freya's face when she will find out that Ishtar wants to kill her and her Familia.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 6, 2019 5:11 AM

May 2016
Bell is in a big pinch and Aisha provokes him to help Haruhime...
Sep 6, 2019 1:41 PM
Jun 2017
the cowardly and shameful cranel is so weak that many times those who want to be saved are saved
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

116 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 27, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2019

188 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

121 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

167 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2019

125 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.