Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 30, 2019 9:58 AM

Aug 2016
Ah new interesting character from past (or our present?), bit slimy, but still interesting. Hope he doesn't play it as double agent. I mean, he probably is, but hope it's not part of lionhead plan.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2019 10:01 AM

Dec 2013
Delighted Kohaku was my favorite screenshot this week! Followed by knight Kohaku and the smug face! How about you?

I guess I may have to spoiler tag my post from next week onwards

Mod edit: Added a spoiler tag to the picture so it doesn't take as much space.
DeadlyRavenAug 30, 2019 8:31 PM
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Aug 30, 2019 10:05 AM

Mar 2018
Every episode
We get a new bunch of weird faces xd

This episode seemed kinda rushed tbh? Felt like some steps have been left out.. Like how Asagiri did the work the instant Senku said the word

I don't like Asagiri that much too tbh and find it a bit nonsensical to say Tsukasa will come if Asagiri doesn't come back, while he's been there for quite a long time.. I mean.. All the things this ep couldn't have been done in 1-2 days
Also if Tsukasa sees the huge smoke or the light he'll know that Senku is alive either way.. Or would at least check it out anyways

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Aug 30, 2019 10:11 AM
Jul 2018
Good episode. My fave character is now in. I love Gen and his voice fits him well. Really liked the bgm when they were making the light bulb.

Only downside was that animation for action scenes is not the best and some shots looked off but it is still okay. None of the seasonal shows I watched this week have had their usual animation quality this week
Aug 30, 2019 10:12 AM

Jul 2017
3 eps and I still can't get over Kohaku's face

The light segment at the end was pretty cool though. But if it was a light that was that bright to be seen from space, wouldn't Senku's and Chorno's eyes get mega rekd from looking at it that closely
Aug 30, 2019 10:16 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Wow, they've moved on to fighting the darkness now! Moreover, one step away from the muscle-generators, way to go Senku! I think I'm guilty of taking these light bulbs for granted lol, never really imagined how it'd be like in pitch darkness.

Our new little magician, Gen Asagiri, seems to be on course to officially joining Senku's Science Kingdom but I wonder how legit that really is. I'll be very disappointed if he turns out to backfire on Senku because of a Harem at Tsukasa's place, on a serious note. Hilarious though how he's managed to use his speciality on two occasions now, hopefully the villagers don't find him out. Hearing him say "Cola" was quite the shock though. Some really eerie facial expressions here and there though, I've to say. Meanwhile, looks like Tsukasa is having doubts after all.

Some more gold comedic moments throughout the episode, Senku not holding back with his intent in response to that flirt was lol moment of the episode for me. Ginro's Gin blade and Anpanman impersonation due to that lacquer rash used as a sacrifice scene were hilarious. And Kohaku is just best girl as always!

#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 30, 2019 10:25 AM
Jun 2017
This episode was great, but actually it wasn´t the best episode... I think this part of the anime is being a little bit more boring than the last part, however I am loving it!!
Besides, I think that Gen, the new character, is going to be a problem... it seemed too easy and friendly... don´t know, I just have that feeling... Gen is going to betray them
I can´t wait for the next episode!!!
Aug 30, 2019 10:27 AM

Dec 2014
This show keeps getting better and better. The new guy puts me at unease. Seems like the type of guy who would jump ship at any given time
Aug 30, 2019 10:37 AM

Jul 2019
I just loved this episode. Gen is best boi. Also Kohaku had some majestic faces during this episode.
Aug 30, 2019 10:58 AM

Jul 2012
Great episode. Gen makes a good addition to the team with his wits. They created electricity, I'm so happy. I'm surprised torches and candles weren't invented yet though.
Aug 30, 2019 11:09 AM
Aug 2016
Thank god the adaptation is really good, just as the manga deserved. As a manga reader i'm happy
Aug 30, 2019 11:10 AM

May 2018
Oh so Gen makes an entry, so the question is , whose side is he gonna be with????
Aug 30, 2019 11:20 AM
Jul 2019
Rakshasa99 said:
Did someone notice Kurita from Eyeshield 21 at minute 17:27?

LMAO I was just coming to say exactly the same. :D You beat me to it. Great reference.
Aug 30, 2019 11:27 AM

Jul 2014
This show's presentation on how the events happen combined with its beautiful crisp visuals is its main selling point, what Senku did while amazing wasnt anything that outstanding, but how the show presents it along with the voice acting and amazing background visuals with its BGM takes it to another level, I never imagined I'd enjoy this over Fire Force which is more based on fights and powers while this one focuses on re-building with its amazing quirky characters.
This show is just amazing, and the way Kohaku made a funny face when she thought of taking the gold spear and how she just jumped and removed her hairband was a spectacle, God I love this girl so much.
Senku as always, clever af and his speech towards the end on how humanity/science beat the night gave me goosebumps. The guy has a way with words, and lol at the chik asking him what his ideal women is.
The new character seems like a funny add too, so.. a magician who's good with tricking people.. mentalist as he says, he'd be pretty useful, hope he sticks with Senku's gang.

Benphyre said:

I guess I may have to spoiler tag my post from next week onwards

Just spoiler tag the earlier ep collage that you do and dont put the latest one on the spoiler tag.
Aug 30, 2019 11:30 AM
Mar 2016
Rakshasa99 said:
el3mel said:
Rakshasa99 said:

LMAO I was just coming to say exactly the same. :D You beat me to it. Great reference.

The story writer of Dr. Stone was also the story writer of Eyeshield 21, which is probably why he decided to build in a reference to his previous work.
Aug 30, 2019 11:32 AM

Jun 2017
TheEnhancedExe said:
Rakshasa99 said:
el3mel said:

The story writer of Dr. Stone was also the story writer of Eyeshield 21, which is probably why he decided to build in a reference to his previous work.

Oh, I didn't know this O.o Interesting
Aug 30, 2019 11:37 AM

Oct 2013
I loved how the music and visual effects were used in this episode. They enriched it with great atmosphere.

Electricity acquired! Both the moment of Kohaku using Kinrou's gold spear to catch a lightning and the ending scene with Senku turning on the light were adapted marvelously good.

Gen-chan finally appeared. While I enjoyed the way he was presented, in the manga he looked less scary in some scenes. ;p Although the anime adaptation did a fine work with making him look more dangerous in order to emphasise his slyness.

I wouldn't be me if I didn't write this: when I hear Thomas Edison, I say Nikola Tesla. ;-))

@Benphyre , hurray! Another portion of weekly Kohaku's photos with her cute and funny face expressions. :D Yeah, next week's post will have to inside these collages under spoiler. There are so many of them, hehe.
AdnashAug 30, 2019 11:44 AM
Aug 30, 2019 11:53 AM
Jul 2019
TheEnhancedExe said:
Rakshasa99 said:
el3mel said:

Yeah I heard about that previously.
Aug 30, 2019 11:57 AM
Aug 2019
Really liking the progression of the show so far. New characters are becoming a bit much for me. I hope this is the last new character, I don't want a new random quirky character revived every episode. The cast is good enough for me now.
Aug 30, 2019 11:59 AM

Aug 2019
Gen seems likeable.

That last scene was nice to see.

Aug 30, 2019 12:14 PM
Jan 2016
Another masterfull episode!

Gen was introduced, he seems to be a guy that would be at the most favorable side, i still dont trust him well, but her trick were nice and helped Sanku!

Senku is crazy as ever, but he impressed gen with his achievements! I love the emotion 5that this anime is creating, i am really excited that Senku had created iron, magnet and eletricity, the llast moment was just wonderful!

looking forward more next episode!
Aug 30, 2019 12:20 PM

Feb 2014
Gen is an interesting guy. He might look like the type of person that you would want to trust with any secrets and his desires are sleazy at best, but he did play his part in helping Senku when things could've derailed at any time, so I can't help but like Gen for that. ^^'

Either way, the whole process of making the iron rod and using it to make a lightning rod was really epic. Poor Kinro's golden spear had to sacrificed in the process and his crying reaction to that made me laugh. XD

The last scene of the episode was my favourite, though. The way that Senku lit up the bamboo stick with the copper wires from the magnets to make a light bulb felt very rewarding and heroic at the same time. The soundtrack for this scene in particular was also excellent, too.

Great episode overall! Now, hopefully Senku can finally make the next move needed for him to save Kohaku's sister soon.
Meta_YoshiAug 30, 2019 2:29 PM
Aug 30, 2019 12:28 PM

Dec 2016
that moment when in anime they say your surname! UwU <3

It is a little sad that the scientist's name was not also Paul and they didn't hire someone who can pronounce it better ;)

Experiment Senkuu was talking about
http://scienceunderground.org/space/creating-magnets-with-lightning-2/
Nieznajomy43Aug 30, 2019 12:55 PM
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Aug 30, 2019 12:31 PM

Jul 2016
Now, let's all just hope Tsukasa hasn't seen that huge bulb of light...

Gen seems interesting so far though he looks quite fishy as well. He just gives me that impression of a guy who would betray you for the smallest of reasons but we'll see.

Anyways, it was another entertaining episode overall.
Aug 30, 2019 12:36 PM

Jan 2017
That Eyeshield 21 reference
Aug 30, 2019 12:39 PM
Nov 2018
"What kind of girls do you like?"
"A girl who can pump a ton of oxygen into the furnace."

Yes, a girl who does a good job blowing is the best girl.

Have to agree this was the best episode so far. That was beautiful. Bringing light to darkness once more. Showing the light from above Japan, and over the statues, symbolizing how this miracle has been brought back to the world.

It would have been so fitting if they added this: Asagiri Gen, the performer, knows there can be no spotlight without light bulbs. So he must support the Kingdom of Science.

I had to stop at 9:15 to see if Asagiri Gen's voice actor is the same as for Roswaal in Re:Zero. It isn't, but that sing-song way of speaking is so similar. Maybe he was inspired by Roswaal.
HegarAug 30, 2019 12:50 PM
Aug 30, 2019 12:48 PM
Mar 2019
Great episode!!! Senku as Anapanman and Kohaku too adorable!!!
FanBoii
Aug 30, 2019 12:56 PM

Nov 2014
Finally we see my boi Gen!! I've waited for ages and he's finally here!! TT^TT
So after seeing Gen's weird hair...

I couldn't help but want to give him a makeover.

And here are the results...

The scene at the very end is animated beautifully!!! I'm seriously touched!
I'm just wondering since that light is pretty bright, couldn't Tsukasa and his men see it?

It's Kurita from Eyeshield 21! A series by the same writer!!!

Meta_Yoshi said:
Gen is an interesting guy. He might look like the type of person that you would want to trust with any secrets

you mean "wouldn't want to trust"?

Meta_Yoshi said:
Either way, the whole process of making the iron rod and using it to make a lightning rod was really epic. Poor Ginro's golden spear had to sacrificed in the process and his crying reaction to that made me laugh. XD

AnimeJunky said:
The fickle guy had me rolling with the flower trick and Ginrou losing his golden spear. Now they have electricity. Also, Kohaku is love, Kohaku is life. <3

_MushiRock11_ said:
Ginro's Gin blade and Anpanman impersonation due to that lacquer rash used as a sacrifice scene were hilarious. And Kohaku is just best girl as always!

That's Kinrou, not Ginrou. Just think of this. Ginrou = gold hair. Both starts with 'G'.

TharenMedia said:
Really liking the progression of the show so far. New characters are becoming a bit much for me. I hope this is the last new character, I don't want a new random quirky character revived every episode. The cast is good enough for me now.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details. Also added spoiler tags to some of the pictures so they don't take as much space.
DeadlyRavenAug 30, 2019 8:34 PM
Aug 30, 2019 1:03 PM
Sep 2017
i'm just disappointed that the side story about arithmetic was not shown T_T that's something that would have been nice to show at some point sadly i don't think it's get animated as it shows that other ppl from the vilage can do simple calculations like addition and some even multiplication
Aug 30, 2019 1:25 PM

Feb 2018
New guy's like "IDGAF I just wanna live the easy life."
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Aug 30, 2019 1:28 PM

Jan 2017
Giving me minecraft vibes with the acquisitions of various tools, but the real issue is, "where the hell is taiju?"

Mod edit: Removed the large text.
DeadlyRavenAug 30, 2019 8:35 PM
Aug 30, 2019 2:04 PM

Jun 2015
Screw Edison, Senku. Nikola Tesla brought light to our world.
Aug 30, 2019 2:19 PM

Apr 2018
Realistically it would be best to just kill this gen guy since he's not trustworthy. Also if he tells Tsukasa about the settlement with ppl living there he's going to show up anyways.
Aug 30, 2019 2:29 PM

Jul 2013
Talk about pure epicness. This makes me appreciate science more and more.
Aug 30, 2019 2:49 PM

Nov 2011
Damn the end of this episode gave me freaking chills! This arc is way better then the first.

I wonder why Tsukasa revived Gen.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 30, 2019 2:53 PM
Apr 2016
The new guy is too fancy. Why is every character in this show extremely fancy looking, can't the author make them look a bit more realistic? It is supposed to be a science anime.

Electricity is on the way!
Aug 30, 2019 3:08 PM

May 2018
They finally acquired magnet, electricity, and light. Asagiri Gen is introduced as a schoolmate of Senku, he can be bad or good it depends on what he chooses. Nothing much but they finally make progress on making antibiotics, this still makes me smile and Senku team is now getting larger and in just a short amount of time he can get the whole village.

Aug 30, 2019 3:44 PM

Jul 2019
im still uncertain about gen but man was this episode good in plot progression.

props to rashed-senku also
Aug 30, 2019 4:36 PM

Dec 2014
Epic episode.

Gen seems like an amusing guy, I think he'll end up joining Senkuu after what he witnessed.

As over the top as all of this is, I loved how they magnetized the iron with the lightning and eventually built a generator.
The single greatest moment of this episode was Senkuu's speech about how Humanity conquered the night with eventually proceeding to create light for the first time. The OST was great too and the whole scene was just nothing short of incredible.

Can't wait for next week.
Aug 30, 2019 5:24 PM

Jul 2019
Humanity will light the darkness again, thanks to this guy:

Reach for the
Stars☆

Aug 30, 2019 5:54 PM

Jul 2010
Rakshasa99 said:
Funnuraba. Senku and Hiruma have similar personalities after all.
Aug 30, 2019 5:56 PM

Aug 2018
A huge improvement but the only thing that tickled my minds : how will they stock this energy ? Well I suppose they will produce it for an instant & single use but for example, the lamp they turned on won't last long once the 2 bros stop moving.

Anyway, this was entertaining but this new guy, Gen Asagiri, has the face of traitor lol, this might happen sooner or later.
Aug 30, 2019 6:26 PM

Dec 2014
wow they discovered electricity again...so exciting
Aug 30, 2019 6:32 PM

Mar 2019
Itsumiyo said:
I loved this part in the manga, felt so good to see it animated.

I definitely agree
Aug 30, 2019 7:05 PM

Jan 2013
I'm loving this so much! For real!
Everything is just so good, and the comedy is absolutely on point!

I love the approach of the guy that wrote this, in order to get his technology back he needs:
-people,
-to get people he needs to heal the princess,
-to heal her he needs to make medicine,
-to make medicine he needs a lot of resources,

and while finding and "creating" those resources he manages to "invent" new stuff and help the villagers, while simultaneously conquering their trust.

I love how the fact he needs to do a lot of completely unrelated things (at first sight) but it's all in order to create medicine, and until he creates it he might create a lot of new stuff!

I really hope this mentalist guy will join him and won't betray him! After all Senku "created" the light bulb already!!!

Best scene for sure!!!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 30, 2019 7:32 PM

Feb 2017
Kame-nos said:
evyyy said:
I felt this episode they didn't do much

Are you kidding me? The literally progressed so many years of humanity's achievements in just a 24-minute episode. They got iron, magnets and electricity.

I know right!?
evyyy just saying but ... maybe this is not your type of shonen xd
Aug 30, 2019 7:47 PM
Nov 2018
Switch_Z said:
Screw Edison, Senku. Nikola Tesla brought light to our world.

This crahp again. Hollywood bosses have done their best maligning Edison, even making him the villain in movies like Tomorrowland with George Clooney, where he betrays other scientists, and in The Prestige, where "his goons" comes to steal an invention.

They instead lift up Nicola Tesla, as he was a Balkan immigrant. And you buy it, of course. Notable how you have no facts in your posts, you just throw up propaganda like a vomit. Thomas Edison made the world's first system for giving sustained power to a light bulb, which was genius. But keep believing propaganda.

Hollywood attacks Edison because he invented film. He invented television. A group of Jews in Chicago stole his invention and used it to make money by showing crude, vulgar clips to the illiterate workers in the docks. Edison got no help from the authorities. He hired men to take back the invention, but the thieves hired Jewish gangsters, who stood on the roof of the warehouse firing at Edison's men.

Then they fled to California where Chicago's laws couldn't reach them, and that is why the movie industry was placed in Hollywood, instead of the more logical place, the east coast where investors and technology were concentrated.

And after that they have done their best to make Americans turn against America's greatest inventor, one of the greatest inventors of all time. A man who aside from the light bulb's system also invented the motion picture camera, the phonograph, bifocal glasses, and much more.

He invented a system for telegraphs to send four messages at the same time, which was of great importance. He invented the carbon transmitter for telephones, which before that used magnets, which produced weak currents. He designed a system of conductors, meters, lamp fixtures, sockets, fuses and current-switches for delivering electricity. He improved the design of power generators. There is no end to the inventions and improvements he came up with.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
DeadlyRavenAug 30, 2019 8:38 PM
Aug 30, 2019 8:41 PM

May 2009
Thread Cleaned

Please be careful about spoilers from the manga. Please also refrain from posting single phrase responses and episode summaries. Both don't encourage discussion and posts like that will be removed.

Aug 30, 2019 8:51 PM

Jan 2009
Gen the mentalist is here finally

now that they have electricity it will get more good from here same thing happened in the real world once electricity shows up anyway
Aug 30, 2019 9:08 PM
Jan 2019
Amazing and fun episode! There are many things to comment on. Starting with the arrival of Asagiri, an enemy for being on Tsukasa's side, but also a possible ally after seeing what Senku has accomplished with his great scientific knowledge.
 Then, there is the surprising fact that they made a lightning rod, magnets and built an electricity generator. And finally, the bulb made with bamboo. In truth, I was amazed and more than astonished with this episode. In the end, I couldn't help smiling, saying, "This boy is great. Science is great." The kingdom of science is progressing and on the right track. Nothing is impossible, it only takes time.
This anime, without a doubt, is one of my favorites of the season and one of the best anime of this year. I love it with every episode 😁.

Ps: Now we know that Senku is allergic to lacquer, hahaha. A minute of silence for the spear of Kinro.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

150 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 7, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

196 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 6, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

486 by Luban1 »»
Mar 18, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

335 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

161 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.