Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2019 4:29 AM

Mar 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally after a long wait*, a special manga episode.

*The last manga episode was on Jun 8, 2019 episode 942.
mneav3Aug 30, 2019 5:44 AM
Aug 31, 2019 5:20 AM

Feb 2013
I was super excited with the beginning but the case isn't great at all.
Aug 31, 2019 5:49 AM

Aug 2015
The wait has been long, but I'm very excited with this three episode case, specially when it seems we'll know more things about Amuro's past...

That ending dedicated to Haibara was sweet.
Aug 31, 2019 5:58 AM

Oct 2015
tfw random bunny girl case that somehow leads to an akai and amuro fight
you can tell even gosho stopped giving a shit about trying to intergrate both storylines(the episodic cases and the main arc) at some point kek
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Aug 31, 2019 6:33 AM

Mar 2018
Episode itself is meh-meh, but like the Dedicated Haibara ending.
Looks nice.

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Aug 31, 2019 8:27 AM

Oct 2015
Decent start for what is essentially a decent case with a decent trick behind it. It is nothing truly remarkable really, but I would take that for a while over another AO at this point, mostly because Aoyama is a far greater writer than most of the random people working for the filler contents we are used to.
Still, this episode was enjoyable for what it was, despite its boring setting and the groping joke that was of poor taste. It goes well with Kogoro's character, but this whole sequence was unnecessary.
Regarding the pacing, it felt slower than usual. It is not particularly in and of itself a problem (since the added moments were okay for the most part), but the abundance of flashback scenes by the end were a little annoying. That is the main drawback of adapting a four-chapter case into three episodes.

The new ending entirely dedicated to Haibara is sweet. Visuals are nice, the transitions from one scene to the other are well made, and the song, while being "okay-ish" at best, fits well with what is shown here. Nothing too mindblowing, but the fact that it is focused on Haibara truly makes this one a little special compared to the previous endings.
No Shinichi, no Ran and (mostly) no Conan for once, thank God. I do not mind these three characters obviously (on the contrary), but they are way too overused in the closing themes. Detective Conan has such a great cast of well-defined and varied characters, so why not using them more often?
Sep 1, 2019 4:58 AM
Nov 2018
TMS Entertainmentأستوديو
شاغلين نفسهم بي ريميك لي الحلقات القديمة وحلقة الكريسماس لازم يمطوها يتعبون حتى يمطوها

وبعد موسم الشتاء خلاص جا الفلم الي على الربيع
ماعد يركزون على المحقق كونان انشغل بي الربيع بي ريميك Fruits Basket
Dr. Stone و
في الصيف 😧
Sep 1, 2019 6:42 AM
May 2016
That new ending thou for CoAi Shippers <3
Sep 3, 2019 7:34 PM

Nov 2008
There was a continuity error at 12:32 - the Butler had his glasses back on, after they had been stepped upon.

On a different topic, I am amazed that they would still have Bunny Clubs in Japan - that's so 1960s...
Sep 5, 2019 1:48 PM

Jul 2016
dbaranyi said:

On a different topic, I am amazed that they would still have Bunny Clubs in Japan - that's so 1960s...

Poirot Cafe style doesn't even exist anymore on Japan.
So I wouldn't be so sure.

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

Sep 7, 2019 10:05 AM

Jul 2008
Seriously Mori? Groping the girl?

And also I've always wanted to say this...

THE BUTLER DID IT!!
Oct 8, 2019 8:14 AM

Dec 2015
Yuri might be Morooka's daughter or something of that nature. We haven't had "the butler did it" schtick in a while. Doubt he did it without his glasses. Maybe that's the reason this situation occurred. Perhaps he couldn't poison the right glass due to lack of sight.
I must give props to the forensic team on this case since they drew the bunny ears in the chalk outline XD. Haibara ED? Nice ^^b
Jul 17, 2022 12:25 AM

Nov 2021
It is painfully obvious it's the butler. h

More topics from this board

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 47 Discussion

Jawaese - Aug 23, 2010

11 by Vivid_7 »»
Apr 21, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 704 Discussion

Conan_Kudo - Aug 3, 2013

38 by Elyshion »»
Apr 20, 5:05 PM

Poll: » Meitantei Conan Episode 1120 Discussion

hai_X_is - Apr 13

2 by Estoy_Gordo »»
Apr 19, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 957 Discussion

dbaranyi - Oct 19, 2019

6 by animefan8800 »»
Apr 19, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 700 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Jun 15, 2013

36 by Elyshion »»
Apr 18, 11:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.