Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 29, 2019 3:02 PM

Jul 2016
Hello everyone!

I am not new to MAL at all (using it from 2016 to keep track of my shows) but I haven’t used forums at all up until now. I have been watching anime for years but I only started to keep track of my shows from 2016 onwards.

My taste in anime vary a lot, it depends on my mood, but I generally like historical settings, and not just in anime (for example, I really like Akira Kurosawa movies, and samurai movies in general). I am also a huge JoJo fan as you can tell from my name, with Steel Ball Run being my favourite JoJo part. However, I love all parts for different reasons, and I really liked the Golden Wind adaptation. I think David Production has got a lot better from the already superb earlier Parts.

I also love the cyberpunk anime and really anything cyberpunk-related, be it novels (the Sprawl trilogy for example), movies or games.

I don’t really have any genre I inherently dislike, but I do tend not to watch anime that relies heavily on romance. I am trying to broaden my horizons and try something out of my comfort zone though. This way I already found a few shows/movies I really love.

I also play a few games too every once in a while, my favourites are mainly the Souls series (and Bloodborne, anything From Software related) and I am a huge fan of the Yakuza series by Sega. But my all time favourite game is definitely Nier Automata.

Not sure what else to say, feel free to add me if you want to know more, I would love to get to know more people! :)
Aug 29, 2019 3:24 PM

Aug 2015
Welcome to the Forums !

I hope that you enjoy your stay here.
Feel free to add me~~

Aug 29, 2019 3:38 PM

Jul 2019
Have a good one here.
Aug 30, 2019 2:40 AM

Apr 2013
Hi gyro ! Welcome on the forums and enjoy your stay !
Aug 30, 2019 2:51 AM

Jul 2016
Thanks for the welcome, guys ^^
Aug 30, 2019 5:04 AM

May 2014
Hello and welcome to MAL forums! Hope you enjoy your time here. It's always good to see fans of the Souls games!
Aug 30, 2019 6:31 AM

Mar 2013
Heyo, welcome to mal c:
Aug 31, 2019 1:42 AM

Jul 2016
Thank you very much for the welcome^^^
Aug 31, 2019 5:03 AM

Sep 2007
A Yakuza fan? You now have my attention. haha Anyways, welcome bro. Glad to have you here with us. :)
Aug 31, 2019 9:21 AM

Oct 2009
Welcome to MAL bro!!!

▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▄▐░░░░
▒░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄░░░
░░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄░
░░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
░░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀░░░░░
░░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀░░░░░░
░░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀░░░░░
░▄░▐░░░▄▄░█░▀▀░░░░░
░▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄░░░
░░░░░░░▐▌▀▄▀▄▀▐▄░░░
░░░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌░░
░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█░░
Aug 31, 2019 10:23 PM

Oct 2015
hello and welcome to the forums !
⠀‧⠀

Sep 1, 2019 6:15 AM

Aug 2018
Hello Gyro, nice to meet you and welcome to MAL forums

I hope you will enjoy your time here.

Feel free to add me if you wanna talk about Anime, games or whatever ^^
Sep 1, 2019 11:49 AM

Feb 2017
Welcome to MAL! Ive realized you have Guts in your favorite! Just started watching Berserk and its sooo great! Hope youll enjoy it here
A friend would not just follow another's dream... a friend would find his own reason to live. -Griffith

People who perish in other’s battles are worms… If one can’t live their life the way they want, they might as well die. If you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you... you won't be able to walk.- Guts

Providence may guide a man to meet one specific person, even if such guidance eventually leads him to darkness. Man simply cannot forsake the beauty of his own chosen path. -Guts

Sep 1, 2019 12:54 PM

Jul 2016
Thanks everyone^^
Xeleton said:
Welcome to MAL! Ive realized you have Guts in your favorite! Just started watching Berserk and its sooo great! Hope youll enjoy it here

Oh yeah, the 1997 anime is amazing, you should definitely check the manga afterwards!
Sep 1, 2019 1:21 PM

Feb 2017
SteelBallGyro said:
Thanks everyone^^
Xeleton said:

Oh yeah, the 1997 anime is amazing, you should definitely check the manga afterwards!

yeah im watching 1997 one only. at which point should I continue reading manga? I mean the point anime ends
A friend would not just follow another's dream... a friend would find his own reason to live. -Griffith

People who perish in other’s battles are worms… If one can’t live their life the way they want, they might as well die. If you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you... you won't be able to walk.- Guts

Providence may guide a man to meet one specific person, even if such guidance eventually leads him to darkness. Man simply cannot forsake the beauty of his own chosen path. -Guts

Sep 1, 2019 1:38 PM

Jul 2016
Xeleton said:
SteelBallGyro said:
Thanks everyone^^

yeah im watching 1997 one only. at which point should I continue reading manga? I mean the point anime ends

The end of the 1997 anime will certainly be interesting, I would love to hear your thoughts about it! You may be confused, but I won't spoil much lol
The thing about 1997 anime is that it doesn't cover Golden Age arc in its entirety (the episodes up until the very end of 1997 anime - that's the arc), the ending of 1997 skips quite a bit of stuff and anime kinda rushes through and skips a lot of the first arc. I would personally go from the beginning with manga - that's what I did and I don't regret it. The anime is a great adaptation but I don't feel like you should just continue the manga at the exact point the anime ended.

If you really want to continue from where the anime ended, which I don't recommend, then start from Volume 13 - it contains some stuff from the anime and also things that come after it.
Sep 2, 2019 4:08 AM

Aug 2018
Welcome to MAL and enjoy your stay here :)
Sep 2, 2019 12:02 PM

Jul 2019
Hello and welcome to the forums! Can't wait for next Jojo's anime adaptation. <3
Life is a despicable endurance race

More topics from this board

» Hi.

DollzchanAi - 5 hours ago

3 by Serafos »»
26 seconds ago

» Hello Friends!

LargeTanuki - Apr 14

13 by omorashi »»
Today, 1:25 AM

» Puppet Blood manga episode 4 is here.

Cvensart - Apr 13

3 by GinIonSui »»
Yesterday, 4:01 PM

» I Like Croissants

EzekielDark - Apr 13

9 by Cammell »»
Yesterday, 7:06 AM

» Hello everynyan!

removed-user - Jul 17, 2023

9 by Loathsome »»
Apr 14, 10:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.