Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aug 29, 2:06 PM

Will this anime get more serious later, have some serious moments, or it will remain a comical one as it is now?

I'm not expecting any dark content or constant drama from this anime, but I'd like to see some more serious content in it later.

For example: this short part when Senku and Tsukasa were against each other is something I consider somewhat serious, and I liked that there wasn't forced comedy all the time during it.

Don't get me wrong: I like the series so far(espect for some jokes), I'm just curious if it will become a little bit more serious.
Modified by -Aincrad-, Aug 29, 2:39 PM
People on MAL in a nutshell

Aug 29, 2:15 PM

Absolutely not, it will remain light hearted through the most part. Only moments with Senku's dad will be a bit more serious, but still.

Aug 29, 2:38 PM

chair-sama said:
Absolutely not, it will remain light hearted through the most part. Only moments with Senku's dad will be a bit more serious, but still.

Well that's enough for me, if af least there will be a few ones

I'm fine with an anime being light hearted and mostly comedic, but I prefer them having some serious moments from time to time(hence why I didn't like Konosuba: 100% comedy)
People on MAL in a nutshell

Aug 29, 3:34 PM
The overall tone is quite like the vibe of the last two episodes, but there are definitely enough more serious scenes spread throughout the coming episodes

See it as a mix of the current two episodes and the scenes like the end of episode 3 with Tsukasa and the "Senku & Taiju vs Tsukasa" tense scenes

Aug 30, 2:48 PM
The season finale with his dad will be serious, yes

Aug 30, 3:25 PM
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴

I hope it stays like that, so far it is at its best. (im not a manga reader so idk how it goes tho)
Its serious moments with Tsukasa where a little bit underwhelming, personally, specially when they went to Hakone.

Sep 2, 9:04 AM

I like the tone of the show, it makes me laugh once in a while.
"The blood makes us human, makes us more than human, makes us human no more." -Master Willem from Bloodborne.

Sep 6, 8:56 PM
I hope it stays like this i like the comedy

Sep 6, 10:20 PM
Drama with comedy and also educative? Why not? I really love it!

Sep 7, 12:11 AM
>For example: this short part when Senku and Tsukasa were against each other is something I consider somewhat serious

ye there will be tones like that once they fight Tsukasa and his gang again and on later parts of the manga there will be some serious things like you mention too

Sep 15, 11:47 AM

I hope it does get more serious, comedic moments are all well and good, but the "Comedy" not even being in the anime's description and there being a fair amount of it, is a little of a bummer.

Sep 16, 7:57 PM

This show is a breath of fresh air for me. I regret not reading the manga when it was first published and brushing it off. I really love the light hearted tone but feel like before long, we will get a wham episode where Tsukasa will strike and it will change things even if the whole tone of the show does not shift. I'm really dreading that and feel like it WILL happen.

Sep 16, 11:25 PM
I think it's better this way
if you like psychopath anime watch Vinland saga until you become like them

Sep 18, 2:29 PM

It's gonna stay like this. Even tho I like how it is. There will be some "serious" moments. For the rest it will stay like this.

Felerska said:

And what's wrong with Vinland Saga?
Modified by NotFred, Sep 18, 2:34 PM

Sep 18, 10:50 PM
well, he wants serious anime that's why i suggest him to watch vinland saga

Sep 20, 3:43 AM
heg said:
>For example: this short part when Senku and Tsukasa were against each other is something I consider somewhat serious

ye there will be tones like that once they fight Tsukasa and his gang again and on later parts of the manga there will be some serious things like you mention too

If they make a second season then it will be a little more serious as it'll be the second major arc (War Arc).

Sep 20, 8:10 AM
Hug Addict <3

I mean it tried to act all serious in the first couple episodes and it failed miserably at it with its bottled attempt at being realistic. Ever since Senku reached the village and it shifted to a more light-hearted civilization-building premise more along the likes of Slime then it's been much better. So I hope it stays this way

The more serious direction would be nice on paper but then you need a much more mature character cast and probably not a shounen manga to tackle this kind of storyline

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"

Sep 20, 9:35 AM

This show's writing and logic is for kids anyway so I don't think getting serious is a good idea.
"When I am White, I win because I am White. When I am Black, I win because I am Bogoljubov"

Sep 20, 9:44 AM

Felerska said:

What a moronic post outside of the fact fiction actually has very little impact on your behavior as a person Vinland Saga actually takes a pretty anti war anti violence message especially after this season. It's the furtherest from that but go ahead make yourself look like an idiot.

As for the post I am okay with that Dr Stone seems to just want to be a light hearted adventure story and it's fun to watch it that way. It fits that mold well though it would be nice to see a similar premise but taken a bit more seriously.