Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 29, 2019 2:05 PM
Jan 2016
I really hope not.
Or at least Shingo Natsume returns as director.

The specials of the first season no longer had the action animators but it looked much better than OPM2.
Aug 29, 2019 3:06 PM

Dec 2018
alright hating on opm s2 is just a meme now bruh, im wating for the dub but still i dont think the animation would be completely shit, i feel i might enjoy it better than s1. And for the specials ..... bruh there specials theyre gonna have trash animation anyways if its jc staff or not
Aug 29, 2019 4:01 PM

Apr 2016
The most rational thing is to think that this specials will be animated by J.C.
Aug 30, 2019 12:39 AM
May 2013
there's no reason to believe they wouldn't be produced by JC Staff.
Aug 30, 2019 6:19 AM
Oct 2018
Will They announce an upcoming 3rd season after this
Aug 30, 2019 12:37 PM

Mar 2018
I think JC Staff could do a good job. If they’re giving more time. Or maybe stop doing 5+ different shows the same year.
Aug 30, 2019 6:48 PM

Mar 2016
I hate to poison the well but it probably will be.
If you really want to find out look up the budget for season 1 vs 2 and if 2 was cheaper to make I don't see why JC wouldn't do it again.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Aug 30, 2019 9:40 PM
Spiral Warrior

Jan 2017
Just_A_ManBOi said:
alright hating on opm s2 is just a meme now bruh, im wating for the dub but still i dont think the animation would be completely shit, i feel i might enjoy it better than s1. And for the specials ..... bruh there specials theyre gonna have trash animation anyways if its jc staff or not

You ever just say totally stupid shit for no reason whatsoever?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Aug 31, 2019 2:24 PM
Jul 2016
Grardox said:
I really hope not.
Or at least Shingo Natsume returns as director.

The specials of the first season no longer had the action animators but it looked much better than OPM2.

like Madhouse did the S1's OVAs J.C.Staff will do S2's OVAs and don't worry the production committee gave them another 2 months or else if we got it on August 27 the Animation will be bad so at least it'll be in the quality of Majimoji Rurumo: Kanketsu-hen which was decent since they were directed by the same director his only problem in S2 that he couldn't breathe because of the tight schedule at least in the OVAs he could breathe better
Aug 31, 2019 3:47 PM

Dec 2018
Sasori_Nagashi said:
Just_A_ManBOi said:

You ever just say totally stupid shit for no reason whatsoever?

yea bruh why would you not say stupid shit
Sep 2, 2019 1:26 PM
May 2017
Shieldsss said:
Will They announce an upcoming 3rd season after this

No, they need to wait til 2020 for the official announcement and/or release date, when there's enough printed manga for another 12 episode season and a finale to end the season on.

Though I guess they could generally confirm Season 3 without the release date sometime soon.
Sep 2, 2019 1:28 PM
May 2017
Meew2 said:
If you really want to find out look up the budget for season 1 vs 2 and if 2 was cheaper to make I don't see why JC wouldn't do it again.

Season 2 wasn't cheaper, just a far worse schedule and not literally a Natsume dream team. Of course it would look worse.
Sep 2, 2019 4:38 PM

Mar 2016
NoneNone said:
Meew2 said:

Season 2 wasn't cheaper, just a far worse schedule and not literally a Natsume dream team. Of course it would look worse.

If something is cheaper to make a company will jump on the train. Anime isn't a passion project anymore like it was in the 80's, it's an industry regardless of who's working on it/schedule. JC / A1 cut corners and don't go over the finished project the majority of the time. If it looks cheap it's because it was cheap to make.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Sep 2, 2019 5:24 PM
May 2017
Meew2 said:
NoneNone said:

If something is cheaper to make a company will jump on the train. Anime isn't a passion project anymore like it was in the 80's, it's an industry regardless of who's working on it/schedule. JC / A1 cut corners and don't go over the finished project the majority of the time. If it looks cheap it's because it was cheap to make.

No, you don't understand, Season 1 was literally an average budget, it's high quality had nothing to do with a high budget, the director Shingo Natsume used his connections to call in many very talented freelance animators. Whereas Season 2 was just a whatever staff JC Staff had available at the time.

Oh, but they switched studios to go from an average budget to a low budget, right? Wrong. The original director and team were already busy working on Boogiepop 2019. They literally couldn't make OPM Season 2 in 2019 even if they wanted to. Best case scenario, they could start working on it after Boogiepop, but it still wouldn't have come out til January 2020.

Though yes, JC Staff knew better, that their own studio was overbooked with different productions, and they didn't have the time nor the manpower to make the entirety of OPM Season 2 even close to Season 1's level. They shouldn't have agreed to take the project. But they did.

Are the production committee and JC Staff executives at fault for OPM S2 looking so medicore most of the time? Yes. But it isn't related to budget, but to scheduling and lack of talented animators. Episode 8 and 11, two of the most action full episodes of the season, JC Staff called upon Studio Lan to animate most of the scenes. If they were trying to keep it as cheap as possible, they would have simply done it themselves with even lower quality.
Sep 4, 2019 5:00 AM
Jul 2016
NoneNone said:
Meew2 said:

No, you don't understand, Season 1 was literally an average budget, it's high quality had nothing to do with a high budget, the director Shingo Natsume used his connections to call in many very talented freelance animators. Whereas Season 2 was just a whatever staff JC Staff had available at the time.

Oh, but they switched studios to go from an average budget to a low budget, right? Wrong. The original director and team were already busy working on Boogiepop 2019. They literally couldn't make OPM Season 2 in 2019 even if they wanted to. Best case scenario, they could start working on it after Boogiepop, but it still wouldn't have come out til January 2020.

Though yes, JC Staff knew better, that their own studio was overbooked with different productions, and they didn't have the time nor the manpower to make the entirety of OPM Season 2 even close to Season 1's level. They shouldn't have agreed to take the project. But they did.

Are the production committee and JC Staff executives at fault for OPM S2 looking so medicore most of the time? Yes. But it isn't related to budget, but to scheduling and lack of talented animators. Episode 8 and 11, two of the most action full episodes of the season, JC Staff called upon Studio Lan to animate most of the scenes. If they were trying to keep it as cheap as possible, they would have simply done it themselves with even lower quality.

yep fair point also keep in mind guys that if J.C.Staff didn't approve making S2 we might not never get any more OPM anime Since it's popularity will disappear by time and people wanted more OPM Anime so people should blame themselves actually and don't blame J.C.Staff for picking it up i bet they could do better if they were have the chance to do that but at least even if they knew that they won't be able to do it with the level of S1's animation they didn't give up nor the director didn't give up and that's actually better than nothing but people only want better results although what did got was good actually it's less than something like psycho-pass or fate zero/UBW but near to them in some points and with some BD fixes it might be better a little
todd2580Sep 4, 2019 5:07 AM
Sep 18, 2019 10:37 AM
May 2015
Just_A_ManBOi said:

You know it's funny. The internet is currently littered with as many "The animation is not that bad!" as there are "The animation is crap!" comments.

But the people who say the former are obviously in self-denial. One of the biggest reasons people became devoted fans of the OPM series is Studio Madhouse's execution of the 1st season. That and the show is great on characters and is really fun. J.C. Staff then made a mockery of it by cutting corners. They really had a diffucult time putting in any motion into the fight scenes so they cut corners. A Ton!
Sep 18, 2019 10:38 AM

Oct 2013
HectorBlaze said:
The most rational thing is to think that this specials will be animated by J.C.

rtil said:
there's no reason to believe they wouldn't be produced by JC Staff.

Both of these statements apply to logic. Dunno why some people think that those specials won't be produced by the same company which was responsible for the production of OPM Season 2.
Sep 18, 2019 10:43 AM

Jan 2009
here its confirmed to be done by JC Staff since the OVA will be bundle in BluRay of season 2 that was done by JC Staff

One-Punch Man OVA Episode's 1st 80 Seconds Previewed in Clip
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-09-12/one-punch-man-ova-episode-1st-80-seconds-previewed-in-clip/.151005
Sep 19, 2019 4:51 AM
Jul 2016
Danster91 said:
Just_A_ManBOi said:

You know it's funny. The internet is currently littered with as many "The animation is not that bad!" as there are "The animation is crap!" comments.

But the people who say the former are obviously in self-denial. One of the biggest reasons people became devoted fans of the OPM series is Studio Madhouse's execution of the 1st season. That and the show is great on characters and is really fun. J.C. Staff then made a mockery of it by cutting corners. They really had a diffucult time putting in any motion into the fight scenes so they cut corners. A Ton!

because of lack of time though they weren't have the decent schedule that madhouse was having on S1 so i can understand that and not be annoyed unlike you and others who just don't care and expected much like fools so the joke is on you!! , i mean in a situation like this that they were having , it was obvious the animation will be lackluster but comparing between those seasons and saying that Season 2 is bad is just unfair since S2's crew were having hard time more than S1's ones but they tried at least and it's not we didn't notice S2's issues but remember there's BD to fix some errors and i didn't expected not cared about being it in the same animation level of S1 since it was impossible to get that result anyways since most of S1's animators were working on other stuff but all i wanted just a decent or good action that it's near to fate's action animation i admit it is below Fate's animation but sometimes it can be near to it
todd2580Sep 19, 2019 5:02 AM
Sep 22, 2019 12:34 PM
May 2015
todd2580 said:
Danster91 said:

because of lack of time though they weren't have the decent schedule that madhouse was having on S1 so i can understand that and not be annoyed unlike you and others who just don't care and expected much like fools so the joke is on you!! , i mean in a situation like this that they were having , it was obvious the animation will be lackluster but comparing between those seasons and saying that Season 2 is bad is just unfair since S2's crew were having hard time more than S1's ones but they tried at least and it's not we didn't notice S2's issues but remember there's BD to fix some errors and i didn't expected not cared about being it in the same animation level of S1 since it was impossible to get that result anyways since most of S1's animators were working on other stuff but all i wanted just a decent or good action that it's near to fate's action animation i admit it is below Fate's animation but sometimes it can be near to it

I see. Still sad though that even though OPM was on fire when S1 came they couldn't find any team that could compete with the S1 one and that JC staff were practically punished with that deadline. It feels sad because whoever was in charge of deciding on the production team and schedule rushed things and threw the love put behind these series out the window. I guess that's why I'm feeling a smidge downtroden. Not that it's the worst thing to happen ever.
Sep 22, 2019 1:11 PM
Jul 2016
Danster91 said:
todd2580 said:

I see. Still sad though that even though OPM was on fire when S1 came they couldn't find any team that could compete with the S1 one and that JC staff were practically punished with that deadline. It feels sad because whoever was in charge of deciding on the production team and schedule rushed things and threw the love put behind these series out the window. I guess that's why I'm feeling a smidge downtroden. Not that it's the worst thing to happen ever.

yeah i understand what people are feeling i mean i'm actually sad that this Season was facing a deadline that caused by Bandai and Shueisha being brutal to work with as the only two members of the committee doesn't leave Sakurai and JC Staff with much space or freedom to work which kinda doesn't give me a full clear picture of what the studio , the director and the animators could have done but i kinda feel they could have done better if they weren't in such situation i mean they were like in a battlefield and it's a much worse case than Toei's case with Dragon Ball Super and Tokyo Ghoul Re's case which both Toei and Pierrot aren't should be blamed too since they aren't in the upper top of the production committee it's shueisha so anime studios are the least ones who should be blamed and the production committee should focus on the quality of the adaptations instead of doing adaptations that is only for advertisement of the source only
Sep 28, 2019 4:29 PM
Jul 2019
How did this happen? It's only 6 episodes but the air time will take up to 6 months? Im guessing it would be 1 episode per month.
Oct 1, 2019 5:41 AM
Jul 2016
JaredGalorport said:
How did this happen? It's only 6 episodes but the air time will take up to 6 months? Im guessing it would be 1 episode per month.

yep 1 episode each month with each volume
Oct 29, 2019 9:55 AM
Apr 2019
It is produced by JC staff even if they're hiding the studio name I'm certain this is produced by JC staff
Nov 8, 2019 4:56 AM
Dec 2018
I think so, because JC Sraff is really good at making comedy animations
Dec 7, 2019 11:48 PM

Jan 2018
It is definitely produced by J.C. Staff.

Based on the credits of the first episode.
Dec 9, 2019 2:49 AM

Feb 2018
It’s fucking trash, so probably.

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Specials Episode 6 Discussion

xiMii - Jul 2, 2020

28 by bubba460z »»
Nov 23, 2023 8:13 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Specials Episode 5 Discussion

pocky-boy - Jul 14, 2020

21 by bubba460z »»
Nov 23, 2023 8:01 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Specials Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

davidralph - Feb 5, 2020

54 by bubba460z »»
Nov 23, 2023 7:50 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Specials Episode 3 Discussion

TheNapalm99 - Mar 6, 2020

26 by bubba460z »»
Nov 23, 2023 7:39 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Specials Episode 2 Discussion

Nainu_ - Dec 8, 2019

41 by bubba460z »»
Nov 23, 2023 7:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.