Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Do you agree that Dr. Stone deserves "1" Appalling ?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 24, 2019 10:24 AM

Apr 2012
maybe science-themed stuff is just too much for his little brain.
Nov 25, 2019 7:44 AM

Oct 2018

It is rare nowadays to find animations that offer you pleasure and culture. A wonderful combination of science and fiction. Very promising beginning.

Amazing... it's a Great anime, great story !! The characters are unique and well made !!

Without sex, nudity and vulgarity!! Which is the the best thing!! Dr.stone is one of the best anime of this!!

Stop reading reviews and go watch it. You won't regret it.
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Nov 25, 2019 8:57 AM
Sep 2016
Jeppy11 said:
To the people who disliked Karhu's review, read this on his profile https://myanimelist.net/profile/Karhu

Am I the only one who doesn't know what to read from Karhu's profile? Sorry for being dumb, please tell me exactly what is the takeaway here.
Nov 25, 2019 3:54 PM

Apr 2014
Not everyone enjoys science. Remember school?

And it's not the reviewer you should be sad about but the amount of people who clicked "helpful" on that review...:(
themanualreader@proton.me
Nov 29, 2019 3:47 PM

Aug 2016
deg said:
is this Karhu guy the new ThatAnimeSnob? if he continues to be this controversial on his reviews then MAL will have to ban him like they did ThatAnimeSnob

Karhu is definitly not similar to TAS. Now, I dont agree with half of the stuff they both say, but you can not ban users just because some of their Reviews are trash, or at least because you think they are trash. TAS was banned for harassing some user.
MichaelJacksonNov 29, 2019 3:51 PM
:v
Nov 29, 2019 4:00 PM

Nov 2016
Reviews on MAL are prettiy unrelieable if you don't really know the show or reviewer in quetion and should be seen as something to read AFTER the Show and not before it like in other sites.

EarlCiel said:
Some reviewers, throw 1's at every single anime and then you'll check to see their reviewed animes list and there's be some
random old harem anime like School Days rated a 10. Everyone has different preferences so it's to be expected.

To be fair, School days is better than people give it credit for, at least in the plot department. The Production values though reak of 2000s low budget anime probably aired at Fuck all hours of the night. Its still like a 6 for me. Have seen worse.
GokaiKingNov 29, 2019 4:20 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2019 11:18 PM
Apr 2019
Well i, personally never read the reviews much on MAL cause it is addled with cancerous comments and ratings which, imo, don't really do justice for the show. The sole reason i use MAL is to keep track and find shows, i suggest you do the same if you feel bothered by the cancer they call reviews
Dec 4, 2019 5:44 AM

Dec 2015
Honestly, i dont get how can you even score that show low,
the fact that they use real life formulas to re-create in the series is amazing.

I am a freak of nerdy stuff, so i was very exited for every little thing that they recrated from the real world
given i dont know if its the legit formula (except for electricity with it is legit, glass is legit, then iron is "probably"? gun powder?).

anyway, only for that they deserve a lot of praise.
i would call people who dislike it just Tards.

Okay so if you convert all the science stuff in the show you can say it just the generic anime about an op magician that tries to save the world or something.

But how i my self cant ignore it the science stuff is the gimic, its why its unique because its no "magic" its a fucking real shit.
and honestly it can even happen in real life if someone was send back 2k years ago.

and had all the knowladge that the m.c had (with is unlikely someone knows that much, but this part i can just simply ignore).
Dec 4, 2019 5:48 AM

Dec 2015
FrozenLich said:
I have watched till 6 episodes and dropped it. I dont think its a bad anime by any means but the MC just bores me.

I was interested in the petrification and the MC's creativity but the characters just don't have an interesting personality to speak of.

Also, I was looking forward to see how the MC experiments and figures out the truth between what happened to the world one experiment at a time but we already run into a good guy vs bad guy situation where most of MC's mind is spent on trying to defeat this guy. Things may change in future episodes but for me my interest kind of hit a roadblock.

like that the point, surely, i like the idea of reviving the tech from the old world and see how he does that.

while you probably does not give a fuck, and watch it as a fantasy anime, and they focus a lot on the science so it "slow paced" fantasy.

the point is that this series are made for the Geeks, those who would enjoy watching in their free time stuff about science chemstry etc...
(and it looks like they are quite accurate with thier science stuff).

then again, like i dont really care about why they are stones.
it would probably be revealed but its hardly even the focus of the series.
Dec 4, 2019 5:51 AM

Dec 2015
Darius said:

And it's not the reviewer you should be sad about but the amount of people who clicked "helpful" on that review...:(

yeah this is why its sad.
the reviews are not helpfull,
it should say,

I deslike science, and dont give a shit about it,
this anime is all about it, so i hate it.

if you like science by all mean you might actually enjoy it.

but instead he criticize it for what is not even the point.
its clearly made for geeks like us who enjoy science.

like i watch at my free time some space time, shit or just how to build a neural network, and i enjoy the heck out of it.
Dec 4, 2019 6:10 AM
Jul 2018
As someone who cannot stand this show, yeah I feel it is a justified review. Reviews are still going to come from a place of enjoying(or lack there of) no matter how unbiased you try to be.
Dec 6, 2019 9:33 AM
Spiral Warrior

Jan 2017
MAO_gr said:
I just have finished watching the 8th episode of the anime and came here right away. I was seriously shocked to see the first review giving the anime 1, whilst I think that I can give the show 11 without even thinking.

Does people not understand the charm of the main character, and how awesome the concept and approach were in mixing Science (mainly chemistry) into the anime? Or it is just that they don't understand it, or hate school matters or whatever.

I hope people reconsider their reviews and at least finish half of the show before judging it badly.

Helpful reviews need to be marked as "helpful"

Mod edit: removed bait

People like different things than you. I get feeling annoyed something you like gets a seemingly unfair reception, I've felt the same and even reacted the same as you are in the past. But people like different things. For me? This anime was like a 2/10 until episode 20 when I felt it was getting kinda good finally and bumped it to a 6.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 6, 2019 9:36 AM
Spiral Warrior

Jan 2017
A lot of people can't get past it framing itself as scientific while so much unscientific stuff like a kid beating down lions with ease occurs. Many HATE the main character with a burning passion, myself included. He's painfully obnoxious and his catch phrases are 10 billion percent dumb. Most of the characters are hyper one-dimensional with little to no depth. Literally all it has going for it is interesting science tid-bits.
Sasori_NagashiDec 6, 2019 9:41 AM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 6, 2019 5:22 PM

Jan 2009
I agree that the ratings are ridiculous and unfair in those reviews, but they do make some good points.
Also I wouldn't go as far as to give the show 10/10, it's fun to watch and very educational, but it has a lot of cringy moments and the battles are terrible.
Dec 6, 2019 5:26 PM
Aug 2019
Don't get too hung up over what some salty dude has to say about your favourite show lol. Don't let it faze you.
Dec 7, 2019 5:44 PM

Apr 2014
Jupi-Jup said:
Darius said:

yeah this is why its sad.
the reviews are not helpfull,
it should say,

I deslike science, and dont give a shit about it,
this anime is all about it, so i hate it.

if you like science by all mean you might actually enjoy it.

but instead he criticize it for what is not even the point.
its clearly made for geeks like us who enjoy science.

like i watch at my free time some space time, shit or just how to build a neural network, and i enjoy the heck out of it.

Have you built a neural network?
themanualreader@proton.me
Dec 10, 2019 1:47 PM

Dec 2015
Darius said:

Have you built a neural network?

Hm... i did with genetic algorithem with are easy...
made a snake with neural net brain, that learns to eat food ( its terrible it can get to size of 40, but it mare luck ).
and a neural net that implement back propagation... well only really simple ( basically just few neurons).

my goal is to understand the algorithm of back prop training, rather then use stuff like tensor flow.
Feb 16, 2020 3:06 PM

Apr 2009
In general there are very few anime out there that are a 1 or 2, even if they are terrible. I usually follow MAL rating description as a guide to rate something, so if 1 is appalling I would rarely use it because that is a very strong reaction of disike. In general if you are watching something while maintaining some objectivity it is next to impossible to hate literally everything unless the show sends a truly damaging message. I personally take the 1 rating review with pinch of salt, in that I rarely find any substance in them except someone rambling non stop who went to great lengths to discredit a show. I can understand people can hold such grudges for long running shows that have been going on for years because there is a lot of emotion invested, but for a short series like this it’s definitely over the top reaction. I think overall the show is very enjoyable despite its shortcomings.
Feb 21, 2020 4:36 AM
May 2008
I don't think there's an Anime out there that should ever get lower than a five. A 1 would be awful sound cutting in and out, animation that's as choppy as a flip book, VAing that's not even intelligible, and have a plot that's asking what the plot is. Anything below a 5 is just pure hate. When I drop an Anime I don't even rate it. I only rate Anime that I have finished, and I don't think I have a 5 or lower. If anyone took a moment to think without their blinders on, they should conclude that a 1-4 is impossible if made by any reputable, known studio that puts thousands of man hours on these series.
Nov 19, 2021 2:23 PM
Oct 2015
MegaStride said:
Obviously it's unjustified, but Kahru has made a lot of reviews and people hate on popular shows. Pro tip: never read reviews as most of the time they're completely useless unless you watch the show yourself.

i've seen almost all his reviews, and almost all of them are kinda shit, even when i agree with him.

he doesn't give any examples of any points he makes, and sometimes blantantly lies about the series to people (since most people reading reviews haven't watched it yet) and they can't catch him.

also he doesn't even have any favorites or any ratings at all on mal.
if this isn't a red flag i don't know what is.
its really just a troll account. even young defiant gives examples of why he thinks everything is shit. and at least has his own list of favorites.
this man is trolling for the sake of trolling
Nov 19, 2021 2:24 PM
Oct 2015
Xstasy said:
I think that your taking reviews and scores too seriously.
I enjoy reading Karhu reviews they are always entertaining lol.

not really, for me, they are entertaining to read if i haven't finished the series, but if i have i realize half of what is says is straight up lying lol
he takes advantage of the fact that most people reading reviews haven't seen the series yet. so makes up shit about the series he praises or dislikes.

and has nothing to back it up
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

150 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 7, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

196 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 6, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

486 by Luban1 »»
Mar 18, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

335 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

161 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.