Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 27, 2019 11:44 AM
Aug 2019
What anime did you really want to like but hated it?
Mine was fairy tail, fire force, dr. Stone and keijo!!! What are yours?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 27, 2019 11:48 AM

Jun 2017
everything i've personally rated as 4 and below ig lol
Aug 27, 2019 11:51 AM

Jul 2017
Nichijou lol, I usually like really over the top comedy but damn that show was painful to watch at times

Cross Ange as well because Ange was a great protagonist (for the most part) and I liked the romance that was in it. Unfortunately the second half just started becoming so much bs I couldn't bring myself to like it as much anymore
Aug 27, 2019 12:04 PM

Dec 2016
Dragon Ball Super
Digimon Adventure Tri
Hunter x Hunter 2011

The trifecta of my most disappointing anime of all time.
Aug 27, 2019 12:08 PM
Twincool~

Oct 2018
There's too many to count...

Digimon Tri
Guilty Crown
Erased
Shield Hero
Clockwork Planet
Gintama
Aug 27, 2019 12:12 PM
Sep 2018
Recently it was Fire force, Dr Stone, Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II, Sirus, OPM S2, Musaigen no Phantom World, Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku and Yosuga no Sora....
Aug 27, 2019 12:29 PM

Jul 2016
This is in danger of being a listing thread. Oh well.

I really wanted to like Sakurada Reset and Kujira no Kora for their premises (especially KujiKora for potentially being a good fantasy at the time in a climate choked by isekai) but both disappointed me to no end. One because of crappy characters and dialogue and the other because it was a hot, unintelligible mess.
Aug 27, 2019 12:30 PM

Dec 2018
Your Lie in April, JoJos, and Gurren Lagann.
Aug 27, 2019 12:32 PM

May 2019
Shinsekai Yori

took me like half a year to actually finish it
"My philosophy is basically this, and this is something that I live by, and I always have, and I always will: Don't ever, for any reason, do anything, to anyone, for any reason, ever, no matter what, no matter where, or who, or who you are with, or where you are going, or where you've been, ever, for any reason whatsoever."
Aug 27, 2019 12:41 PM

Oct 2016
Ghost in the Shell Innocence, Ergo Proxy, Key the Metal Idol, Devilman: Crybaby, Vision of Escaflowne, Rakugo season 2, most Satoshi Kon films.
Aug 27, 2019 12:54 PM

Jun 2019
Space Dandy, the animation was great but there was just no story and nothing to captivate me. The characters were bland and I wasn't enjoying my watching experience, so I dropped it. I held on for a few episodes as I really wanted it to improve due to the fact the artwork and animation was so good.
Aug 27, 2019 12:59 PM
Jul 2019
I love romance, figure skating, and gay shit, so I figured I'd love Yuri on Ice, but I despised the love interest and couldn't get past 3 or 4 episodes.
Aug 27, 2019 1:01 PM

Jul 2017
Hajimete no Gal seemed like a fun romance about a guy and his gal girlfriend,

i wish i was right
<3 "Nothing compares to Dark Enchantress Cookie's greatness!" <3
Aug 27, 2019 1:02 PM
Aug 2018
Irishchatter said:
Recently it was Fire force, Dr Stone, Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II, Sirus, OPM S2, Musaigen no Phantom World, Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku and Yosuga no Sora....

Not to disrespect peoples preferences, but why would you want to like yosuga no sora?
Oppai.
Aug 27, 2019 1:12 PM
Sep 2018
Veraxanity said:
Irishchatter said:

Not to disrespect peoples preferences, but why would you want to like yosuga no sora?

Well its just im sure there are good enough anime s regardless of the "incest" tag out there but haven't managed to find one yet. I'm probably too open-minded lol
Aug 27, 2019 1:14 PM

Aug 2017
Every anime with amazing visuals but a bland story with weak characters. I always try to appreciate amazing visuals as there is alot of work put into it by the animators, but when there is a weak plot, bland story and overall bad characters... I can't force myself to like it whatsoever
Aug 27, 2019 1:21 PM

Aug 2019
Actually, it is Akame ga Kill. Why? You know.
Aug 27, 2019 3:51 PM

Aug 2018
the only thing that comes to mind is erased
Aug 27, 2019 3:59 PM

Aug 2019
Air, Kanon, and One: To The Radiant Season. They are all part of the fighting game Eternal Fighter Zero.
Aug 27, 2019 4:02 PM

Mar 2019
kill la kill (not totally sure why I didn't enjoy it, I just felt bored watching), claymore (couldn't get over the mediocre production), and white album 2 (I'm a big fan of music anime/manga but holy crap I just though this was terrible)
Aug 27, 2019 4:16 PM

Jan 2010
Jojo comes to mind, I tried to watch the anime and read the manga but I can't get into it.
Aug 27, 2019 4:16 PM

Aug 2018
Irishchatter said:
It's been a rough season no doubt about it

Enjoy the ride...
Aug 27, 2019 4:26 PM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
Chuunibyou, I really wanted to like it considering how great it looks and the fact I enjoyed every other anime I watched made by kyoani, but instead of being moved by the emotional arc and relating to the titular escapistic syndrome, I just found the all thing cringeworthy. A real shame, because unlike a lot of other shows, which I actually liked, it recieved some continuation, but at least it exists for those who liked it.
Aug 27, 2019 4:28 PM

Sep 2017
rising of the shield hero. it started out good and i would immediately watch as soon as an episode dropped but somewhere along the way i started letting episodes stack and slowly lost all interest in the plot. raphtalia is pretty cool though i couldn't care less about literally everyone else lmao

i left off at episode 20/25 i'll probably finish it sometime soon cause why not
Aug 27, 2019 4:32 PM

Aug 2014
My Hero Academia comes to mind, didnt hate it but nothing stuck with me at all.
Aug 27, 2019 4:32 PM
Sep 2018
lt_wassile said:
Irishchatter said:
It's been a rough season no doubt about it

Whatever you say dude , it's been odd I gotta say lol
[Gif]https://tenor.com/SyUJ.gif[/gif]
Aug 27, 2019 4:34 PM

Aug 2018
I recently watched Neon Genesis Evangelion and hoped to rate it 8 or 9 : ended up rating it 6.

Honestly I enjoyed it, the fights themselves and the ideas were great. But maybe too deep & serious, especially the last 4 episodes that... I hated them even if I liked the rest. Later this year I'll watch Death & Rebirth + End of Evangelion, maybe this would make me coming back on my rating. But I didn't find the courage to watch 2x 1h30 movies about a series I did not like enough.
Aug 27, 2019 4:43 PM
Apr 2018
Kuroko no basket. I love sports anime and was really hype for that one, but I couldn't even stomach much more than 5 episodes... and I usualy finish bad anime till the end lol
Aug 27, 2019 4:56 PM
Jul 2018
Parasyte The Maxim. I read a little bit of the manga and the premise intrigued me greatly, but the characters were all idiots and the music is some of the worst I've heard in an anime. I think that OP is probably the worst anime OP ever, bar none.
Aug 27, 2019 5:01 PM
Jul 2018
Darling in the Franxx

It looks nice and all and the characters like Zero Two are cute, But the Characters like Zero Two are just cringey (hate to use that word) and the memes around it are awful.
Aug 27, 2019 5:11 PM

Oct 2017
Mine would be Ergo proxy and Gantz. The animation in both cases are great but the story and characters not so much, and both feel like wasted potential to me
Aug 27, 2019 6:13 PM

May 2009
I think I basically "really want to like" basically everything I watch, but as for ending up feeling noticeably very disappointed about it, Guilty Crown fits that bill.
GlennMagusHarveyAug 27, 2019 6:17 PM
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Aug 27, 2019 6:46 PM
Jul 2018
Ano Hana. I really wanted to like that show because of its theme but the characters are really unlikeable (except Menma) and the complicated love thingy just made it worse.
Aug 28, 2019 7:02 AM

Jan 2018
BlazBlue: Alter Memory. It's based from anime fighting game. I think the characters are well designed but man the story it's so bad.

Shimoneta - an anime about fighting government with power of hentai but the characters felt unnatural or should I say powered by the power of plot. You cannot deny your lust as a human so the story concept is a fail for me.

Honorable mention is Guilty Crown, I didn't start watching but I keep on checking it out over the years. For some reason my instinct just keeps saying no.

Aug 28, 2019 7:22 AM

Apr 2016
I’d say AOT and MHA, I don’t hate them because I don’t hate any series but I was think I would like them but no, I didn’t like them. On MHA the bigger problem was probably the lack in originality, obviously with other reasons.
Aug 28, 2019 7:27 AM
Jul 2018
I really wanted to like 91 Days. In fact, at first I loved it. But then I realized something:
The characters have 0 development.
Which is a huge blunder in a drama that focuses on characters dying: I didn't care for any of the characters who died.
Aug 28, 2019 8:08 AM

Mar 2012
Dragon Ball Super

I have no expectation and still feel betrayed.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 28, 2019 8:21 AM

Jan 2019
Trigun, it looked awesome to me, but the more I watched the less I wanted to keep watching it, at the end I didn't hate it but definitly was not something I would recommend to others.

And more recently Fire force, I didn't knew nothing and had a lot of expectations but it resulted as another generic battle shounen

Aug 28, 2019 8:23 AM

Jan 2019
Grecefar said:
Jojo comes to mind, I tried to watch the anime and read the manga but I can't get into it.

you have only watched the two first parts, from the 3 onwards it is literally another different show, you should give it a try

Aug 28, 2019 8:31 AM
Jul 2018
I watched ep1 of Detroit Metal City yesterday and was slightly disappointed. As a metal fan I expected the show to satirise the absurd aspects of metal but overall aim to create awareness and appreciation of a niche genre. Instead, all ep1 did was make fun of it by exaggerating stereotypes. I'll give a couple of more episodes a try but if the show continues to feature death metal as an uninspired genre with no artistic merit and brainless fans, I'm out.
Aug 28, 2019 8:34 AM

Apr 2019
Noragami Aragoto. That one episode..... just made me quit the series.

Aug 28, 2019 8:36 AM

Jul 2017
PorchmonkeyD said:
Your Lie in April, JoJos, and Gurren Lagann.

damn whattt. gurren and your lie in april are like my top favorite lmaooo
Aug 28, 2019 8:40 AM
Jan 2019
Kiznaiver-the start was great,but then the teen drama attacked...and all psychological mystery went down the drain
Vampire knight-mystery,vampires,old school aesthetic? Seems nice. Watches a few episodes: this is just a slightly better version of Twilight
Fire force-I love Soul eater,but this consists of characters who are walking talking gimmicks. I'm still watching it,but for how long before things get their shit together?
Sirius-it had everything I like: supernatural beings,mystery,historical setting,colorful cast of characters and yet it felt so undone and that "Arc of Sirius" nonsense went nowhere. Really tells you how important a good director and scriptwriter are.
Nutella71Aug 28, 2019 8:47 AM
Aug 28, 2019 8:44 AM

Jul 2017
mine:

Anohana, i think the show was just too dramatic i mean you got characters crying left and right and weird love triangles. yes it was a tear jerker but i felt the story didnt have that substance i find in better drama anime.

3 gatsu no lion, i couldnt get through episode 3. i dont know if its because the anime is slow paced or way to mellow. i watched it because of a recommendation from a friend and saw the rating was so good. but i never came to like it, i might watch it again someday..
Aug 28, 2019 9:08 AM

Apr 2018
Otorez said:
I recently watched Neon Genesis Evangelion and hoped to rate it 8 or 9 : ended up rating it 6.

Honestly I enjoyed it, the fights themselves and the ideas were great. But maybe too deep & serious, especially the last 4 episodes that... I hated them even if I liked the rest. Later this year I'll watch Death & Rebirth + End of Evangelion, maybe this would make me coming back on my rating. But I didn't find the courage to watch 2x 1h30 movies about a series I did not like enough.

If i were you, i'd skip Death & Rebirth; it's kinda pointless to watch, unless you didn't watch the Director's Cut version of the series with the extra scenes.
The first hour is just a strangely-edited recap of the series, while the last 30 mins. is just the first part of EoE...which is extremely pointless if you're just gonna watch the full movie later anyway.

I'd tell you to go straight to EoE while the series is still fresh in your mind, since it's the true ending. But, judging by how you didn't like how "deep & serious" it got near the end, i don't know if you'll even like this movie. It's your call, i guess.
Aug 28, 2019 9:10 AM

Sep 2014
Ok, I rarely rant but I'm going to do it for once. Bear with my bs lol

Code Geass: I liked what it tried to do but when you throw at me highschool and extremely dumb fanservice in a military show that tries to take itself seriously then sorry but you lost me. It was rather theatrically ridiculous and the cast didn't help either. The second season was also a total trainwreck due to the schedule with the ending being the only good thing about it. Never cared about Lelouch either.

Your Lie on April: Couldn't even finish it tbh. While the main character's struggles feel quite relatable and genuine, then we get slapstick comedy. And then I'm supposed to take the emotional trauma seriously with the pseudo-bullying actually working as a "recovery process" for the abuse the main character went through. I found this really offensive instead and this is honestly a show that I can say I actually hate, not dislike unlike with the other cases.

Dragon Ball Super: I'm a major lifelong fan of the franchise. But seeing a retelling of the movies with subpar animation, the nonsensical ending of Black arc and the whole joke that ToP arc was, it was just too much to bear with.

Akame ga Kill!: It was nice till episode 19 where it went anime-original. It was really awful to go through its nonsense. Manga was way better (still not something spectacular) and there was actually some buildup.

Those are some examples that came up to me now.
MonkeyDHunterAug 28, 2019 10:38 AM
Aug 28, 2019 10:32 AM
Aug 2019
Maid sama, ouran high school and tales of zestria are the ones that I was interested in but turned out cringey.
Aug 28, 2019 11:31 AM

Oct 2008
Big Order
Akuma no riddle
Seisen Cerberus

But I ended up being disappointed instead.
Aug 28, 2019 11:39 AM
May 2019
Mirai Nikki
Kenja no mago
High school of the dead
Aug 28, 2019 11:58 AM

Jun 2017
Gurren Lagann is the recent one. Like really really disappointed. Still not hating it though
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst ( 1 2 )

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

50 by EastIndiaCompany »»
3 minutes ago

» Anticipated Spring 2024 anime

ani2016 - Mar 13

16 by Pengawas »»
5 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

110 by himegal »»
25 minutes ago

» Is it weird that I wish strong female characters would get sad ending?

Sanjay63773 - 1 hour ago

8 by NonAtmospheric »»
33 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

19 by MasterTasuke »»
40 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.