Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 26, 2019 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This felt like watching some weird dungeon crawler game with Hajime, Yue, and that bunny girl. The CGI made the fight looks more awkward as usual.

It also seems the episode wanted to show off Shia's skills although it's nothing really special (also can barely stand her fucking voice in this anime now) That CPR scene though. You can tell Yue is kinda jealous.
Aug 26, 2019 9:05 AM
Aug 2019
Really like the saws just coming out of the wall with barely any animation..
Anyone else catch scene right after the 13min. mark where his mouth was moving, but they just decided to add a grunt instead of dialogue.. LAZY!
Aug 26, 2019 9:05 AM

Aug 2013
Shia was actually useful in this episode. And she finally had a change of clothes as well.

Aug 26, 2019 9:33 AM
Apr 2019
Subject2Change said:
Really like the saws just coming out of the wall with barely any animation..
Anyone else catch scene right after the 13min. mark where his mouth was moving, but they just decided to add a grunt instead of dialogue.. LAZY!

I seen that also, I was wondering if maybe the site I was using was just bad or something so I ignored it lol.

Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This felt like watching some weird dungeon crawler game with Hajime, Yue, and that bunny girl. The CGI made the fight looks more awkward as usual.

It also seems the episode wanted to show off Shia's skills although it's nothing really special (also can barely stand her fucking voice in this anime now) That CPR scene though. You can tell Yue is kinda jealous.

Me Bunny Girl, Me Smash.
Me Not Valuable On Team.
Me Fan-service.
Me Pervert.

That's what I what put her in for this episode.

Also, the ring was kind of cool, can't wait to see what Yue does with it and if they actually put the ring to good use.

And the new town they are in, lets see where their adventure takes them next.

And that kissing scene went on for way longer than it did, I am surprised to see Yue just sitting there watching that go down. Probably thought he was still doing CPR or something ( all though Yue doing the CPR would of been better fan-service).
Aug 26, 2019 9:37 AM

Nov 2014
This anime is goign in good directio now imo. It fails at fights or trying to be dark, but comedy and character interactions are pretty funny. Can't wait for more bunny bullying.
Aug 26, 2019 9:37 AM
Jan 2016
Wow! They used only 2 episodes for the 2nd volume of the novel. TWO! There was at least 5 for the 1st volume. It could have easily been 3 or 4 episodes, but I guess they want to move straight onto volume 3, which will most likely be the last 6 episodes.
Aug 26, 2019 9:38 AM
Apr 2017
I'm really confused as to how she changed into different clothes from a scene to another without any reason how or why (I guess because she pissed herself? And she changed her "bra" too cos...? Ah whatever).

Those suits of armour though, good god. And the sawblades looked straight like a compenetration bug out of a vidya, that was awkward as hell.

Super rushed as usual, I'm disappointed, was hoping in a lot more CGI crap.

Points to bunnygirl for sticking her tongue down edgyguns's lungs, pretty much, while lolicuck just stands there watching. Now that was satisfying.

There wasn't enough horrid stuff to make it as good as previous episodes but still quite entertaining.

Edit:
goodness me I was forgetting it, who the hell are those people in the palace again? I swear I can't remember a single one of them at this point.
KurgoAug 26, 2019 9:41 AM
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Aug 26, 2019 9:40 AM

Sep 2015
https://streamable.com/gxpm5

Best 30 seconds of the show do far. For a baka usagi, her tongue game is strong.
Aug 26, 2019 10:03 AM

Aug 2018
Not gonna lie, the last 2 minutes saved this episode, otherwise I'd found it very boring. At least I got to draw a smile on my face, unlike the labyrinth exploration that was not really great, at the best.
Aug 26, 2019 10:08 AM
Dec 2009
somehow i think this studio might think that if Madhouse could survive with bad CG at Overlord, why wouldn't they?
Aug 26, 2019 10:34 AM
Feb 2018
That half-naked dummy-bunny turned out to be not completely useless. Totally unexpected. I really mean it.
Aug 26, 2019 10:35 AM

Apr 2008
aa_bumi said:
somehow i think this studio might think that if Madhouse could survive with bad CG at Overlord, why wouldn't they?

There is bad CGI and then there is bad story telling.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Aug 26, 2019 11:04 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was kind of decent? Shea is actually useful. Still dislike her voice. Comedy in the second part worked better. The tongue kiss took me by surprise. I laughed a lot.

Forgot to mention but the cg was awful and funny as per usual ๐Ÿ˜…
Aug 26, 2019 11:10 AM
Sep 2016
Volume 2 adapted in 2 Episodes. Seems like they want to challenge JC Staff with the most rushed adaptation.
Aug 26, 2019 11:30 AM

Jul 2019
Leaving out every bit of content that is not ecchi or action but at the same time they put filler in. Just wow. And then the graphics...
Aug 26, 2019 11:32 AM

Jan 2013
a smiley face on a giant bad-CG robot...really?

Miledi's design is funny tho...like a cross between Taokaka and the Skullman from Animaniacs...and WTF is that fish

yea Bunny girl is pretty much carrying this meh show on her back
Aug 26, 2019 11:36 AM
Jul 2015
With every episode I feel a little part of me dying with every bad CG, meaningless action and rush in general.

They really want me to put this show below Berserk 2016.They are clearly asking for it!
Aug 26, 2019 11:57 AM
thank god they kept the fish

I keep seeing people complain about the adaptation, and I legitimately cannot believe that the LN could be good. Like, the manga is trash, and this anime is trash. How could the LN possibly be good lmao
Aug 26, 2019 12:05 PM

Aug 2019
The plot is so boring.

Comedy isn't even funny.

The bad CGI.

Aug 26, 2019 12:09 PM
Feb 2009
just waiting to meet his classmates -_-
Aug 26, 2019 12:09 PM
Jan 2016
Mythologically said:
thank god they kept the fish

I keep seeing people complain about the adaptation, and I legitimately cannot believe that the LN could be good. Like, the manga is trash, and this anime is trash. How could the LN possibly be good lmao
I'll admit volume 2 isn't great but the problem is they rushed passed all the good parts of the novel that developed Hajime's character and world building lore. I still recommend it over the anime at least
Aug 26, 2019 12:10 PM

Jul 2019
Mythologically said:

Have only read the manga and yes, it is bad. But I just want some of the world building. Maybe anything? It would not save the show but make it at least less random...
Aug 26, 2019 12:12 PM

May 2017
It's was rushed and skipped many good dialogues and moments,but it's can't be helped,especially when you make 12-episode anime. Adapting light novel into anime costs a lot's of money,i can understand that,but is it really necessary to rush everything up? I hope next episodes won't be THAT rushed 'cause Volume 3 have very nice things to offer. I don't know will they adapt only Volume 3 or Volume 3 and 4 together,and will next episodes be rushed as this one,but i kinda want to see Kaori joining Hajime's harem. This episode was rushed,but enjoyable and fun regardless. It's was very funny to see Hajime abusing Shea,lol! And most importantly,Hajime is not dense protagonist with generic personality like majority of harem protagonists,he is badass as well. His looks are maybe generic 'cause he looks he Bell Cranel with that white hair and red eyes of his and kinda resembles me of Accelerator from Toaru Majutsu no Index series because of his rude,cruel and badass personality,but at least he is not like most of harem protagonists.
There is no bad waifu,only bad anime.
Aug 26, 2019 12:44 PM

Jan 2009
My god, at the rate they are going, they are going to adapt vol 5 for the final episode , i should point out that the next episode is:
, i expected this to at least be at episode 10, not episode 8.

Seygneur said:
Mythologically said:

Have only read the manga and yes, it is bad. But I just want some of the world building. Maybe anything? It would not save the show but make it at least less random...

The light novel is great, and also pretty long, i've been reading it recently and it's a step above both the anime and manga, though the manga isn't too terrible, it's definitely not as good as the ln.
Aug 26, 2019 1:06 PM

May 2018
let's start a petition to make Shea CG every time she attacks with her hammer xD
Aug 26, 2019 1:08 PM

Jun 2017
Not surprised Shia is so thirsty...she is a bunny after all lmao.
Aug 26, 2019 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
I can't stop seeing the typical harem and ecchi routines of any anime, really all that content rushed would make it better or just a fill with boring exhibition exposure about how magic works and all the crap in that world?
Aug 26, 2019 1:28 PM
Nov 2018
Damn.. I'm so confused right now.. Is there a system in this anime? Like one Ep is good, next one is bad Ep after this one is good again.. Well... I mean.. This is from White fox right? And yet.. I don't dislike it but it's super weird anime.
Aug 26, 2019 1:44 PM

Dec 2016
_Lintrom_ said:
Damn.. I'm so confused right now.. Is there a system in this anime? Like one Ep is good, next one is bad Ep after this one is good again.. Well... I mean.. This is from White fox right? And yet.. I don't dislike it but it's super weird anime.

From what I read most of the work is doing Asread, White fox is doing only background.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.73/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.101/? - weekly)
- Monster #8 (Ch.78/? - biweekly)
- Excuse me dentist, it's touching me! (Finished)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Aug 26, 2019 1:51 PM

Dec 2016
Tatsuya said:
My god, at the rate they are going, they are going to adapt vol 5 for the final episode , i should point out that the next episode is:

Seygneur said:

The light novel is great, and also pretty long, i've been reading it recently and it's a step above both the anime and manga, though the manga isn't too terrible, it's definitely not as good as the ln.

Could you explain more about differences between manga and LN?
Mously because I would like read manga and unfortunately eng LN/books are hard to read for me (as someone who isn't from english native speaking country).
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.73/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.101/? - weekly)
- Monster #8 (Ch.78/? - biweekly)
- Excuse me dentist, it's touching me! (Finished)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Aug 26, 2019 2:26 PM

Jan 2016
I'll say this, this was a much better episode than the previous ones because the comedy was actually funny. I laughed a good 3 or 4 times during the episode, I guess budget Aqua is still good enough
Aug 26, 2019 2:33 PM
Nov 2018
I could not care any less for the scenes with those classmates. Who is who and what powers do they have, and what relations to each other and gun guy? I don't know and it doesn't matter, since they have done absolutely nothing this whole time. It's like a commercial that you endure until the episode starts again. If at least they held up a Nutella jar or something.

Bunny girl's urine - twice for extra effect. We really needed them returning to that room for another zoom-in.

GIANT armor. Okay.

The flush was kind of funny. Hope it cleaned the floors. "And look! Knight Flush completely removes the stain!"

The kiss was of course the best part. And I have to admit the very last scene was funny. In another anime that would have been one of many funny scenes, so you wouldn't remember this one in partiuclar.

EroKing_AS said:
https://streamable.com/gxpm5

Best 30 seconds of the show do far. For a baka usagi, her tongue game is strong.

The tongue is strong in this one!
Aug 26, 2019 2:41 PM

Nov 2016
Hey, at least it became slightly amusing at times since bunny girl joined.
One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation

Episode 1015 ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ฃ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ

Episode 1017 broke the curse. 21 pages ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

Aug 26, 2019 2:59 PM

Nov 2017
FMmatron said:
Yeah,I agree,since Shea joined,its at least gotten a bit more tolerable,though the cgi and worldbulding are still crap!
Aug 26, 2019 3:00 PM

May 2015
well that made absolutely no sense whatsoever
Aug 26, 2019 3:46 PM

Jan 2009
Nieznajomy43 said:
Tatsuya said:

Could you explain more about differences between manga and LN?
Mously because I would like read manga and unfortunately eng LN/books are hard to read for me (as someone who isn't from english native speaking country).
Both the anime and manga cut a few things from the ln, the manga tries not to cut anything major though, the anime cut a ton of storybuilding content and character development, the manga still keeps most of the intention of the ln, i'll give you a example, the introduction of shea and the haulia clan took place over 5 manga chapters and 1 vol of the light novel, the manga took 5 chapters and described much of the forest home of the haulia, many characters were introduced and given personality traits, etc in the manga, in the anime they skipped over a massive amount of dialogue and growth for the haulia clan which plays a MASSIVE role in a later ln volume.

Point is the manga does skip a few things and change a few situations to fit the narrative, but still tries to keep the spirit of the light novel, while the anime has skipped over massive amounts of material that it shouldn't have, especially last episode.
a example i can give is this episode skipped their first entry to the city before going to the reisen labrynth, which had taken a full chapter of the manga to develop,

What i posted above isn't massive spoilers but it's still technically something not shown in the anime so yeah..
Aug 26, 2019 3:52 PM

Aug 2013
FMmatron said:

This
Hegar said:
I could not care any less for the scenes with those classmates. Who is who and what powers do they have, and what relations to each other and gun guy? I don't know and it doesn't matter, since they have done absolutely nothing this whole time. It's like a commercial that you endure until the episode starts again. If at least they held up a Nutella jar or something.

Totally agree. I don't know who are those people from this episode and I also can't care any less.
//No comments
Aug 26, 2019 3:58 PM

Mar 2018
Just another absolute trash of an episode...

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Aug 26, 2019 4:22 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
sexy rabbit girl reminds me of a mix of Aqua and Shera L Greenwood

perfect combination of cute and sexy<333
Aug 26, 2019 4:23 PM
Oct 2016
I think this looks like something else or is it my head that's dirty? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2019 4:33 PM
Nov 2018
fejota said:

Totally agree. I don't know who are those people from this episode and I also can't care any less.

It's like, imagine in Shield Hero if the show had started with the main character kicked out of the castle, and we just get the quickest of looks at the other heroes and the court characters, in between the hero's action scenes. Then who would care about his quest for revenge against them? (Now, some would argue that the show took a turn for the worse and that they didn't care either way.) But unlike in Arifureta, Shield Hero had the main character interact with the others a whole episode before the fall, so the viewers could really feel the bitterness of betrayal. It was well done. And after that they stayed relevant, instead of just saying something with a serious face for a few seconds per episode.
Aug 26, 2019 4:35 PM

Mar 2014
Urgh the more and more I watch this, im well convince never to touch the light novel and stick with my "acatul" good ones such as Overlord.

Can't wait for this to be over and likely forgotten by a lot of people by the end of the year, well except the ending score and rating of this anime will be humorous to see.

That fish tho
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Aug 26, 2019 5:07 PM

Jul 2012
Holy fuck, that felt so unimpactful and unnecessary. You probably could skip this episode and be fine watching further. The lab, compared to the Oscar's one, seemed much shorter and a lot easier too.

I won't comment on animation or CGI, since we're way past that anyway.

Just waiting for reunion with classmates, that's all that keeps me watching.
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2019 5:47 PM
Dec 2011
This is the series that could've been. I don't hate isekais, and even though there are a lot of cliches here, I don't mind them...but fuck how are they screwing this adaptation up so badly? What a waste!
Aug 26, 2019 6:26 PM

Feb 2015
Jesus Christ this is garbage. It's more fun watching the mental gymnastics of the people defending this series by blaming the adaption instead of admitting it's simply a shit series through and through, LN, Manga, and Anime, all pure trash.

The fact that this show is at a 6~ just goes to show how awful the ratings on MAL are. At least the top 2 reviews are in the ballpark, for now.
Aug 26, 2019 7:47 PM

Aug 2019
HueyLion said:
Urgh the more and more I watch this, im well convince never to touch the light novel and stick with my "acatul" good ones such as Overlord.
Can't wait for this to be over and likely forgotten by a lot of people by the end of the year, well except the ending score and rating of this anime will be humorous to see.

That fish tho

If it's anymore then 5 I'm going to laugh.

Also

"What are you looking at?"
Aug 26, 2019 8:28 PM

Feb 2014
Erobunny strikes yet again. She's damn persistent. XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 26, 2019 8:33 PM
Jan 2019
This maze was much easier than the previous one, or at least, Hajime, Yue and Shea made it seem easy. Oscar's maze was cooler, he had monsters and dungeon stuff. Reisen's labyrinth only had traps. The truth, that he lacked emotion and was bored.
Well, at least I laughed a little at the end with Shea pervert ... and what the fuck with the fish with a human face. LOL ๐Ÿ˜‚.
Aug 26, 2019 9:02 PM

Apr 2019
The MC is like the combination of Bell Cranel and Accelerator lmao.
Aug 26, 2019 9:08 PM

Mar 2018
You can really feel how animation makes so much.. So much that this anime doesn't have sadly

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

163 by Im_a_ge_ »»
Jan 26, 5:19 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2019

110 by Im_a_ge_ »»
Jan 26, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

93 by r_justo »»
Dec 22, 2022 5:29 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2019

106 by r_justo »»
Dec 21, 2022 9:59 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2019

82 by r_justo »»
Dec 21, 2022 8:40 PM