Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 24, 2019 3:27 AM

Jun 2009
I have some issues with how Berserkers Noble Phantasm was potrayed in the movie.

From what I've red, Berserker gains immunity to an attack that already killed him once and can't be killed by the same attack ever again. However, in the movie Alter kills him multiple times with excaliblast, something that shouldn't logically happen.

Is this a mistake on Ufotable's part or is there any explenation why it happened?
Aug 24, 2019 7:14 AM
Aug 2019
That maybe why we saw berserker in the preview for spring song
Aug 24, 2019 8:32 PM
Aug 2019
If I recall correctly, this was retconned in the English release of the VN (can't remember if this is right though) so that instead of complete immunity, Berserker instead gains a high resistance towards that attack. Enough power can still overcome that resistance though.
Aug 24, 2019 10:28 PM
Aug 2012
Kuroshi442 said:
If I recall correctly, this was retconned in the English release of the VN (can't remember if this is right though) so that instead of complete immunity, Berserker instead gains a high resistance towards that attack. Enough power can still overcome that resistance though.

Pretty much, plus Saber can kill Berserker because of her sword's ability
Aug 25, 2019 3:40 AM

Oct 2014
Kuroshi442 said:
If I recall correctly, this was retconned in the English release of the VN (can't remember if this is right though)

wut, FSN VN doesn't have an official English release, there's only fan translated versions
Aug 25, 2019 4:53 AM
Aug 2019
Shayon said:
wut, FSN VN doesn't have an official English release, there's only fan translated versions

Like I said, I can't even remember if the fan translations are where I heard it in the first place, and maybe that just might negate my entire argument as it's not the official thing. Or I'm just high off my rocker and I just imagined it all.
Aug 25, 2019 8:38 AM

Aug 2009
Ιt was in the booklet that came with thee UBW BD.

Not sure if retconned or we created that headcanon tho.
Aug 25, 2019 9:22 AM

Apr 2016
I mean, if he did have that kind of immunity, then
so it definitely has to have been retconned at some point
Aug 25, 2019 10:00 AM

Jun 2009
CodeBlazeFate said:

Not really.

Gilgemesh could overcome the immunity, because he can pull multiple different high rank weapons.
Aug 25, 2019 10:03 AM

Apr 2016
kronos7 said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

Not really.

Gilgemesh could overcome the immunity, because he can pull multiple different high rank weapons.
But it takes a ton of those weapons being launched to kill him one let alone 12 times so eventually you'd get repeats since there is technically a finite amount of them if I recall correctly.
Aug 25, 2019 10:20 AM

Oct 2014
CodeBlazeFate said:
kronos7 said:

Not really.

But it takes a ton of those weapons being launched to kill him one let alone 12 times so eventually you'd get repeats since there is technically a finite amount of them if I recall correctly.

nah, what @kronos7 said is correct, Gil killed him in the same fashion in the VN

still not sure what's up with the fight here tho
Aug 25, 2019 11:49 AM

Aug 2009
CodeBlazeFate said:
kronos7 said:

Not really.

I dont get you point. All of Gil's attacks were different so he killer him 13 times with a different NP.
Some only injured him while others killed him.
Aug 25, 2019 11:51 AM

Apr 2016
ssjokg said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

I dont get you point. All of Gil's attacks were different so he killer him 13 times with a different NP.
Didn't he just launch a bunch of swords at him to keep impaling and killing him while having his chains strap Berserker down tho? Yes, each sword is unique, but that doesn't seem like it should reasonably count given it all falls under the Gate of Babylon NP.
Aug 25, 2019 12:06 PM

Oct 2014
CodeBlazeFate said:
Didn't he just launch a bunch of swords at him to keep impaling and killing him while having his chains strap Berserker down tho? Yes, each sword is unique, but that doesn't seem like it should reasonably count given it all falls under the Gate of Babylon NP.

every weapon in gate of babylon is a unique NP in and of itself

Berserker isn't being killed by the gate itself, but the NPs that come out of it
Aug 25, 2019 12:59 PM

Aug 2009
CodeBlazeFate said:
ssjokg said:

Gate is a Np that throws NPs. And to be accurate God Hand doesnt allow the same method and this allows many interpretations.This actually allows Cu to use both versions of Gae Bolg to kill him, as long as he raises its rank by 1.

Aug 25, 2019 1:44 PM

Aug 2010
The movie adapted God's Hand correctly.

Here's a translation of Nasu's interview in the UBW booklet about Herc's God Hand:

<Madao Gingetsu>
バーサーカーの宝具「十二の試練」には一度受けた攻擊に対して耐性を付ける効果がありますが、この耐性を付 ける条件とは一度「死ぬ」ことなのでしょうか?仮に同じ攻擊でも死ぬ前なら何度も通じるのでし よろか? <銀月マダオ>
With Berserker's Noble Phantasm God Hand, you gain resistance to an attack once you're hit by it, but do you only gain this resistance by having died once? Would the same attack be effective multiple times as long as it was before he died?

Nasu
死ぬ必要はないです。例えば、 火炎のダメージを受けたら傷が治った後、対火炎防御力 +100になる……といった感じ。
You don't have to die. For example... if you were to take fire damage, once you recover you would gain +100 resistance to fire.

Takeuchi
お。なんかマイルドになったね。前は完全無効じゃなかったっけ?
Oh, feels like it has been toned-down. Wouldn't it have completely nullified it before?

Nasu
効かなくなる、とは言ったが無効とは言っていない。
BB「私は攻撃才ールキャンセルで、マッチョさんは防御力3倍!そこに何の違いがあるって言うんですかぁ! ?」ヘ
ラクレス「(おまえのような完全チートとは)違うのだ!」
I said it won't work, but I don't think I've ever said it'll be negated.
BB: "Mine is to nullify all attacks, Macho-san's is to triple his defense! What's the difference!?"
Heracles: "It's not even close (to your hacked ability)!"

Takeuchi
どちらにせよチートスキルですよね。
No matter how you put it, it's an overpowered skill.
Sep 23, 2020 8:57 AM
Jun 2020
kronos7 said:
I have some issues with how Berserkers Noble Phantasm was potrayed in the movie.

From what I've red, Berserker gains immunity to an attack that already killed him once and can't be killed by the same attack ever again. However, in the movie Alter kills him multiple times with excaliblast, something that shouldn't logically happen.

Is this a mistake on Ufotable's part or is there any explenation why it happened?

Saber Alter doesnt actually use her noble phantasm, she keeps ramping up the power of her mana burst skill until each attack resembles a noble phantasm. She does however use her noble phantasm in the end.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel - II. Lost Butterfly Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kisaragi - Jan 15, 2019

487 by ToG25thBaam »»
Apr 15, 6:35 PM

» Anyone find Sakura Matou annoying or It just me? [Spoilers] ( 1 2 3 4 )

PrideRoyalIvy - May 21, 2019

187 by Adatius »»
Mar 15, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Why do so less people like Sakura in comparison to Saber and Tohsaka? Which do you like?

Shizokami2 - Apr 8, 2020

49 by _PEAK »»
Mar 15, 3:32 AM

» If I hear "senpai" one more time....

ColCasey - Sep 20, 2023

18 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
Sep 23, 2023 6:57 PM

» About this trilogy so far, it's kinda meh to me.

Huyen_Thanh_27 - Jun 27, 2020

18 by dk107_ »»
Sep 7, 2023 11:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.