Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2019 10:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, Anna's memory disappeared...?

I don't trust that Hakamada girl. Seems like she's up to something. I hope to trust the series can develop its story better. This episode had a strange vibe to it tbh.
Aug 23, 2019 12:17 PM

Mar 2019
And people called me crazy when I said Anna was dead...you apologize at your leisure 😉😜
Aug 23, 2019 12:49 PM

Aug 2018
As expected, we had a more chilly episode but it was still really interesting , I kinda feel bad for Anna's disappearance.
I really want to know more about Mangetsu and the why she has nothing to fight for.
Good episode overall despite the strange atmosphere between each characters.
Aug 23, 2019 12:53 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hakamada's true self though sure is more malicious than i thought. Kuon and Mangetsu's little morning surprise was pretty amusing. I guess envision really is quite important to mages. At least Anna's been knocked out after that fierce battle. Still to think that Anna ended up being erased after that fight. Hakamada though sure is quite the interesting character on account of her hidden true personality and her unique abilities. Soul stealing huh. Overall an interesting ep that showed a rather unfortunate fate for Anna after her defeat. At the same time its nice that Hakamada's character was expanded upon with both her personality and her abilities being fleshed out nicely. It seems that there are yet more mages that have yet to join the battle going by Nene's research.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2019 2:40 PM

Mar 2016
Holy shit, Anna literally getting NTR'd from existence. Such a fate is unbelievably cruel. I swear, if by the end she doesn't come back, emerging from the moon or some shit screaming ERNERSTAAAAAA I'm going to be so pissed.
syncrogazerAug 23, 2019 4:09 PM
Aug 23, 2019 2:44 PM

Aug 2013
So Anna's whole existence disappeared. That's quite unfortunate and I feel bad for Shingetsu since she really cared about her.

Rin Nene research seems interesting and I can't wait to learn about it in future episodes.

Aug 23, 2019 3:49 PM

Feb 2016
Holy shit, I did not expect that Anna's overall existence disappeared from everyone's memories, I refuse to believe she's dead, there's something fishy about all this. I wonder where did that girl who lost at the beginning go.

I have so many questions and all of them are about Mangetsu, Who is she? we barely know anything about her, could it be that she... is artificial? someone created her? What did Nene find about Mangetsu or in this case, whatever it is that she got from Mangetsu's house?

Damn, Suishou is really giving me the creeps.

"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 23, 2019 4:04 PM

Mar 2016
HereticHunter said:
I wonder where did that girl who lost at the beginning go.

She's the one who 'replaced' Anna. It's karmic in a sense, but very twisted considering what we know about what Anna went through.
Aug 23, 2019 4:31 PM

Dec 2018
The kiss was much better than I thought it was going to be!! She didn't struggle!! she wanted it! and went right in there!,,She like that!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!! Best lesbian kiss so far 2019 ..And the rest of the Yuri was just a bonus , Mangetsu waking up next to naked girl,, And then she was jealous over the kiss and try to get one herself!! So cute

Well anime your stupid ass more than less did everything I asked for.The Lesbian kiss was awesome, So my insane reasoning tells me you have 5/10 But for lesbian kissing you now have 10/10 You probably going to fuck it up!! But well for now all is gay and wonderful!!!

Yuri-CrusaderMar 19, 2021 9:42 AM
Aug 23, 2019 4:38 PM

Aug 2018
Quite a terrible fate for Anna : even if she annoyed me a lot, knowing her whole existence was erased from everyone's memory (except for a bunch of girls) is actually a harsh punishment.

However, now I'm annoyed by Suishou, she has this kind of evil spirit, perhaps even worse than Anna (she only seemed to desire hurting Ernesta, while Suishou seems to enjoy hurting others).
Aug 23, 2019 5:23 PM

May 2015
I love what they are doing with Mangetsu and her abnormal amount of magic cant wait to see what that is as she had that pervious overpowered mod with the cool eyes.

Also Yuki Aoi most of the time ends up being one of the two extremes. She's either really good or absolutely villainous bad. Like her role here.

Also that kiss definitely has some sort of hypnosis or mind control to it.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 23, 2019 6:05 PM
Aug 2015
This episode and last one raised this series from one of my favourites this season to number 1 of this season, possibly even this year
Aug 23, 2019 6:05 PM

Feb 2016
syncrogazer said:
HereticHunter said:
I wonder where did that girl who lost at the beginning go.

She's the one who 'replaced' Anna. It's karmic in a sense, but very twisted considering what we know about what Anna went through.

Oh snap, now that you mention it. :0
~Blackwall
Aug 23, 2019 6:44 PM
Jan 2017
The Granbelm delivers an unexpected outcome. Our heroines face a new problem, as they find the universe has been suddenly altered by Anna's disappearance. I find it weird that Anna disappeared from the face of the universe, even when previously defeated combatants were returned home, safe and sound. Is this a side effect from the Granbelm, a magical event unrelated to the Granbelm, or something else entirely? Who can I say? I wish this show devoted more time into exploring the basic principles and general understandings of magic in the Granbelm universe, at least so we could understand how magic affects the world and everyday life. Still, this show makes up for this glaring flaw with surprisingly nuanced character exploration for its heroines, especially Mangetsu. Also, Kuon gets more determined than ever to lift her sister's curse and next week's episode will explore her backstory. Aside from a few issues here and there, Granbelm has proven to be a solid and enjoyable experience, and hopefully, the show will get better.
Aug 23, 2019 7:14 PM
Aug 2015
I feel so bad for Anna right now I can't believe that they made it so that she was erased from existent and was and someone else replacing her existents & her Mother & her sister do not even remember that she even existed I wonder if Ernesta can get her back like with magic some how because we get to see how much she really loved Anna
Aug 23, 2019 10:16 PM

May 2018
So Ana got erased from the world... and that other girl from the first ep became the sister instead! Whoah.

This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Aug 24, 2019 12:37 AM

Jul 2017
Suishou, from the beginning, has always been the outlier, but her true self is still one of malice, a manipulator and a Soul Eater. To Kuon's older sister (Shisui) who's out of commission, and also to Kuon personally.

And everything that is of Anna, memories or whatnot is suddenly erased, her true soul transferred to somebody else to retain everything but only bare details.

What's bothersome is that Granbelm's interference with Anna's body and soul is one that causes the entire fiasco, to go haywire. There's something very off about it...and that's causing Nene to lose her cool in research. Turns out the magic interferences reference back to not just the dispute of old magic, but also to the Granbelm girls...what is this...?

On the side of Mangetsu, her purpose and conviction to help Shingetsu (so far) has been turning heads against her. I'm really curious to see what is her final outcome and wish, even after knowing Suishou's "judgment" that is confirmed by Shingetsu herself.

NOTHING. Nothing is her burden. Yet Mangetsu carries on this battle together with Shingetsu.

Good episode of a set-up for the future. Time for Kuon to bring her revenge unto Suishou.
Aug 24, 2019 1:03 AM

Nov 2010
This Granbelm is seeming less fun and games than before. So someone can die due to the battle, that makes taking a part lot more risky.
Aug 24, 2019 2:36 AM
Feb 2011
KomaDoll said:
This Granbelm is seeming less fun and games than before. So someone can die due to the battle, that makes taking a part lot more risky.
Pretty sure Anna violated basic rules like don't stick magic gem into yourself. Don't use magic stone above your skill level. Two of the defeated were fine in this run and presumably surviving victors and losers post vanishing would keep records made after any erasure so in at least mage circles they would know about the risks. This is probably why Anna's mom didn't want her low skill daugther using the more dangerous large gem and the result was predictably bad.

Bigger fish is the massive magic signatures the Mangetsu's family has from how it is described their magical signature is off scales. Whatever the reason this is likely what is behind her dark transformation shown previously, strange dreams, lack of any history, ...
Aug 24, 2019 3:37 AM

Oct 2007
it's become a little quiet without any DOPAMINE, err... I mean Anna is gone. xD

whoa.. the writers are brave enough to show two girls kiss by the lips. Did not expect that.

I was sort of creeped out when Kuon's older sister suddenly started walking.

Suishou feels like some sort of evil entity that might actually be not human.

Nene-nee is investigating the mystery of Granbelm. I hope she can discover the truth.

Next week it's Mangetsu and Ernesta vs Suishou. Can't wait for next week! :)

Aug 24, 2019 3:41 AM

Oct 2007
poiuytrewq said:
KomaDoll said:
Pretty sure Anna violated basic rules like don't stick magic gem into yourself. Don't use magic stone above your skill level.

it seems that "get absorbed if you use more than one magic stone" rule is put in there, so that people can't cheat by bringing many magic stones, stick one into themselves for each time their mech is destroyed.
Aug 24, 2019 3:57 AM

Nov 2010
poiuytrewq said:
KomaDoll said:
Pretty sure Anna violated basic rules like don't stick magic gem into yourself. Don't use magic stone above your skill level. Two of the defeated were fine in this run and presumably surviving victors and losers post vanishing would keep records made after any erasure so in at least mage circles they would know about the risks. This is probably why Anna's mom didn't want her low skill daugther using the more dangerous large gem and the result was predictably bad.

Bigger fish is the massive magic signatures the Mangetsu's family has from how it is described their magical signature is off scales. Whatever the reason this is likely what is behind her dark transformation shown previously, strange dreams, lack of any history, ...

Makes sense. I guess Anna was the one who destroyed herself in the end. Still, the Granbelm does seem less safe now.
Aug 24, 2019 7:21 AM

Feb 2014
Damn. The consequences of Anna losing to Shingetsu in the last episode meant that her ENTIRE existence has disappeared and the other girl that was knocked out of Granbelm in the first episode has now replaced Anna. Shingetsu must've been horrified to find out about that, and it she certainly must've fell even worse after she looked through her childhood pictures of her and Anna, where Anna was replaced by the other girl in every picture.

When you think about it that way, Anna most likely violated the rules by bringing in the family magic stone, so if that's the case, then it was Granbelm itself that got rid of her existence and not Shingetsu. Even if that's true, then I still think Shingetsu will blame herself even more for Anna's downfall.

Hakamada is showing more of her true personality as she kissed Kuon on the lips during the climax of the Granbelm battle and hey toying Kuon only got more common as well. Not only that, she's set her eyes on Mangetsu and is trying to play mind games with her now. It goes to show why Hakamada needs to be stopped as soon as possible.

Nene's research into magic was tough, but she was able to find out about the signal strength of the magic around the city where she lives. Mangetsu was showing a big spike of energy, as well as her family home, so it's safe to say that Mangetsu still has a lot of untapped power that she has yet to use. I wonder if we'll see more her powers in the next episode.....
Aug 24, 2019 11:09 AM

Apr 2012
I have only one question. Did this loli secretly have romantic feelings for her older sister? Or does Big Bad have the super ability to infect yuri through a kiss? I don't follow this show, so I was confused by her fixation on a kiss.

P.S I like her, so I fight for her! - The amount of ambiguity is interestingly increasing.
Aug 24, 2019 11:31 AM
Jan 2019
This episode had some shocking surprises, such as the fact that Anna disappeared from the map and the memory of her Family, and some people like Nene, in addition, she was really replaced, did she die? It is very strange. I hope that in the next episode they explain it in more detail, what Mangetsu has to do with all this.
On the other, we have Suishou, why the hell did he kiss Kuon? Did he do it for playing or to establish some kind of control on her? How the hell do you eat someone's soul? Suishou, it is mysterious and manipulative, the truth, I dislike it. I hope they beat her at the next Granbelm.
Aug 24, 2019 11:54 AM

Feb 2017
HereticHunter said:
I have so many questions and all of them are about Mangetsu, Who is she? we barely know anything about her, could it be that she... is artificial? someone created her? What did Nene find about Mangetsu or in this case, whatever it is that she got from Mangetsu's house?

I think Nene's research, Mangetsu weird dreams and Anna's erasure from existance is hinting at Mangetsu being something like Anakin, for some reason the magiaconatus or maybe just natural magic created Mangetsu and her siste(or maybe even her whole family), that would explain her insane powers, lack of mage family and why she joined so late into the fight.
Aug 24, 2019 12:15 PM

Jul 2019
Damn Anna has disappeared
Will she start to be forgotten from the other girls' memories over time?
Aug 24, 2019 1:07 PM

Feb 2016
Luxeraph said:
HereticHunter said:

I think Nene's research, Mangetsu weird dreams and Anna's erasure from existance is hinting at Mangetsu being something like Anakin, for some reason the magiaconatus or maybe just natural magic created Mangetsu and her siste(or maybe even her whole family), that would explain her insane powers, lack of mage family and why she joined so late into the fight.

Yes, I can't wait to see what twist Mangetsu's existance will unveil towards Granbelm overall.

~Blackwall
Aug 24, 2019 6:07 PM
Aug 2019
HereticHunter said:
Luxeraph said:

Yes, I can't wait to see what twist Mangetsu's existance will unveil towards Granbelm overall.

Mangetsu’s recurring theme ‘I ... nothing’, the dreams of the barren white moon, the empty album that was supposedly to have held Mangetsu’s earlier childhood memories, the unexplained huge magical power for Mangetsu and her younger sister Kībo ... presently everything points to a conclusion where Mangetsu’s initial comment about her having nothing is potentially accurate.

That is, that Mangetsu and Kībo (or at least one of them) are the creature of magic, their existence being planted into the universe by a powerful magic entity, potentially Granbelm or someone related. They may have no future beyond Granbelm, nor any past behind it.

It’s interesting to note that Mangetsu means full moon in Japanese (and Granbelm occurs only at full moons), whilst Kībo means hope. Is this an intended foreshadowing from the start? I’m interested to see their fates unfold.

P.S. It would be very interesting if they throw another twist, like Mangetsu suddenly finding out that her existence is the last obstacle standing before Shingetsu’s target and then becomes the ultimate antagonist etc.
Aug 25, 2019 7:44 AM

Oct 2007
kirbo said:

btw Mangetsu is the character that gives me the most creeps, I can't help by feeling really uneasy everytime she's on the screen

Mangetsu is pretty much the most mysterious person in this anime. Well, she's friendly and helpful with free lunches. Just don't get her stressed, or she will pull out her black magic sword. :p
Aug 25, 2019 9:06 PM

Jan 2011
call me crazy but this episode was pretty good and this show is more deserving of a higher rating than what it's at( but realistically who cares right? as long as it's good )

so our Anna really did die then? after what some people said i just had a wtf moment after realizing her existence got replaced by the the first girl that lost hence her hair looking the same

seeing how much magic interfering with the real world is worrying and how so much is around Mangetsu just leaves her out for the give's me creepy vibes because we don't know much about her.

we WIXOSS now
Aug 25, 2019 9:13 PM

Oct 2008
now that we've seen the magical power levels on her graphs...Suishou is still confident on breaking them? now this is getting interesting...
5/5.

Aug 26, 2019 2:36 PM

Nov 2016
Now I feel even worse for Anna. Interesting development,tho.

Yuri-Crusader said:
The kiss was much better than I thought it was going to be!! She didn't struggle!! she wanted it! and went right in there!,,She like that!!! YESS!! Best lesbian kiss so far 2019 ..And the rest of the Yuri was just a bonus , Mangetsu waking up next to naked girl,, And then she was jealous over the kiss and try to get one herself!! So cute

Well anime your stupid ass more than less did everything I asked for.The Lesbian kiss was awesome, So my insane reasoning tells me you have 5/10 But for lesbian kissing you now have 10/10 You probably going to fuck it up!! But well for now all is gay and wonderful!!!

Nice

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 27, 2019 3:34 AM

Dec 2018
FMmatron said:
Now I feel even worse for Anna. Interesting development,tho.

Yuri-Crusader said:
The kiss was much better than I thought it was going to be!! She didn't struggle!! she wanted it! and went right in there!,,She like that!!! YESS!! Best lesbian kiss so far 2019 ..And the rest of the Yuri was just a bonus , Mangetsu waking up next to naked girl,, And then she was jealous over the kiss and try to get one herself!! So cute

Nice

It was so fucking good, they even used their tongues YEES!!! And right before the kiss, Kuon moved her head so she could have moved away if she wanted. , But as soon as Suishou went for her, She open her mouth like a good girl!!! and willing and happily made out with her girlfriend!!,,YEEES!!,And they both have their eyes closed under this 10 second long kiss!!!!! And no fucking grasshopper this time!! Thank god for that!!!!

And there some episode left!! So I have hope for one more kiss =) .Very glad i didn't drop this anime, and i was right. Early in i said something lesbian is going to be here, it have strong Yuri symbols and there it is =) Lesbian kissing is the most beautiful thing there is, and that was one of the best kiss i have ever seen!!! It was truly glorious

Because i'm a freak!! I fucking love that Suishou is like 17 or maybe even a bit older, and her girlfriend is like 11-12. She like the taste of loli!!!,,YEES!!!,, Just some topping on the cake!!! Awesome episode easily the best so far!!

And i don't think we have seen the last of Anna .I may be wrong!! but something tells me that she is going to return!!!

Yuri-CrusaderAug 27, 2019 6:12 AM
Sep 7, 2019 10:22 AM

Mar 2009
Damn. I can't believe Anna has been completely erased. That's just sad.
Sep 7, 2019 8:20 PM

Nov 2009
syncrogazer said:
Holy shit, Anna literally getting NTR'd from existence. Such a fate is unbelievably cruel. I swear, if by the end she doesn't come back, emerging from the moon or some shit screaming ERNERSTAAAAAA I'm going to be so pissed.

You have no idea what NTR mean...

___ ___ ___

Also, she getting memory erased is literally due to the "backlash" Ernesta mentioned in episode 7.

It's her own fault this happened, be piss at Anna herself for letting her memory be taken.

It's like overdosing in drugs regardless of people warning you not to cause drugs makes you feel good, only to then get a stroke and die. Then ppls blames the doctors for not doing enough job to warn the dude.

___ ___ ___

With the way things are moving

Shishou will no doubt be the final boss. Since it looks like everything bad that happened is due to her. Even Anna wouldn't have gone super Psycho if she wasn't constantly mindbreaked by Shishou over years.

amlgSep 7, 2019 8:44 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Sep 8, 2019 7:33 AM

Mar 2016
amlg said:
You have no idea what NTR mean...

The girl she cast out not only 'becomes' her, but now has the love of her mom and sister. I didn't mean it literally literally, but it's a great way to describe it, especially the way Ernesta 'NTRs' her in a similar way by taking over her role in the eyes of her family.
syncrogazerSep 8, 2019 1:36 PM
Sep 9, 2019 12:37 PM
Jan 2018
wait what ANNA has been wiped from existence... and the girl we sore previously has taken her place wtf .

it seems Mangetsu and her sister have strong amounts of magic power ???? look forward to finding out why she has such high magiaconatus .

and whats with Suishou messing with Kuon
Sep 19, 2019 9:27 AM

Jul 2016
Very interesting episode. I'm happy I couldn't see Anna this time, she was really annoying.
Now I'm really curious about the plot, the girl's personalities also improved.
Oct 10, 2019 2:02 PM
Sep 2015
That kiss in the beginning was not necessary at all.
Is this why this anime is said to be influenced by Evangelion? Because of the gay tones?
Not homophobic but I've never been a fan of Yuri & some scenes in this ep feel forced to me.
Mar 18, 2020 1:42 PM

Nov 2019
I feel quite bad for Anna, poor girl.
Mar 21, 2020 2:43 PM

Apr 2014
honestly dont feel bad for anna in the least but will say the only thing i did like about her was the fact she has the same VA as Maria from symphogear

with that said i really look forward to seeing the blue haired girl getting beat cause she's even worse than Anna imo
"one step at a time"
Apr 24, 2020 8:03 AM

Feb 2020
So Anna's truly dead... It's sad, but in a way I think it's for the best. She was too far gone, there was no way she could've gone back to a fully functional being which would have hurt everyone, including her.
But now her existence is being erased ? This plot point is once again one I've already seen before but they manage to make it interesting. My biggest question would be how did Rosa come to replace Anna. I mean, she has her own family, right ? So it means the memories about Anna aren't the only ones modified. (Though judging by how things are adressed, I guess it's nothing but a plothole. So let's not think too much about it.)
Suishou's pretty much comfirmed as being the real villain... And I must say, for now that's effective. I love unpredictable characters like her. I just hope they'll give her a good reason to be like that and not just make her be the big meanie because they needed one.
But I don't understand, she swallowed Shisui's soul through Kuon ? How did she even do that ? Or maybe I misunderstood, she was talking about the curse, not the kiss. After all she's the one who cursed Shisui. But then what was the kiss for, just to show Kuon that she's seeking affection from her due to her having her sister's soul ? You usually don't kiss your sister though but it wouldn't surprise me if it really was that.
Other than that, is it weird that I really don't have any interest in Shingetsu ? I know I should have a lot of sympathy for her but I really couldn't care less... Her personality doesn't appeal to me.
But even if I'm not super fond of Mangetsu, I'm liking her more and more ! I like that she is a sweet girl but at the same time isn't completely shy and unable to stand for herself. Not that I dislike that in a character (it depends if it's well dond or not), but it's nice to see more and more that she has her own personality and isn't just an archetype. The fact that she also has her own selfish (but sympathetic) reasons for fighting makes her all the more interesting. But her voice's a bit distracting though as I keep hearing Madoka. I love this voice, but it makes it a bit difficult not to think of Madoka when watching this show.
May 22, 2020 4:56 AM

Oct 2010
Very sad for anna, hope she didn't die. Apparently the pig was a usb flash drive all along, looks so cool, now I want one too.
So I guess suishou will manipulate kuon to fight against shingetsu and mangetsu, her big sister is pretty weird now that she woke up. Mangetsu is awesome and I'm very interested in her secrets.
Apr 7, 2021 1:14 PM

Feb 2020
Poor Anna. What a harsh fate. :(

SerafosDec 19, 2023 10:30 PM
Aug 29, 2021 1:34 AM

Feb 2014
Yikes memories of Anna are gone o_o poor Shingetsu must be so upset about that

Suishou keeps giving me more and more bad vibes...I hope they're able to defeat her.

That thing with Kuon's sister at the end was weird o.o Is her sister being possessed by Shingetsu or something??

I'm not quite sure what exactly Nene has figured out yet, but that was clever of her for thinking about the noise-cancelling headphones. Sounds like someone or something out there is interfering, and something tells me that they might have a bigger enemy to face than just each other in the magic world (especially a couple episodes back and all that talk about being puppets)...

And based on that map that's deffo lake Biwa and they're in Shiga prefecture. That's cool! They even have the shrine gate that's actually there in the water :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Granbelm Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

77 by 5hadow17 »»
Oct 24, 2023 12:57 AM

» Beauty..... so undderated.........

Ghefira - May 5, 2023

1 by NerdyMemer »»
May 6, 2023 2:55 AM

Poll: » Granbelm Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2019

79 by Ten »»
Dec 28, 2022 8:42 AM

Poll: » Granbelm Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2019

87 by Noodle070 »»
Aug 29, 2021 4:57 AM

Poll: » Granbelm Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

47 by Noodle070 »»
Aug 29, 2021 4:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.