Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 23, 2019 4:07 AM

Apr 2019
I started watching Seirei no Moribito finally, having dropped it a while ago just coz I was put off by its phony OP. But at the 5th EP it seems like a good Anime. So I wonder if there are other Animes that are good but have a bad start pr just a bad OP. If you have watched any that u liked, do tell !
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 23, 2019 4:09 AM

Jan 2018
97 Berserk's OP is pretty bad but that won't stop me from loving it
What a beautiful Duwang
Aug 23, 2019 4:11 AM

Mar 2015
Shiki comes to mind. The first op sounds like a drunk middle aged man singing at a karaoke bar. And I can't even remember anything about the second opening so at the very least it's forgettable.
Aug 23, 2019 4:18 AM
May 2017
Hunter x Hunter (2011),the series is in my top 5,but the OP is whack af, and THEY DONT CHANGE IT, for the rest of the +140 episodes.... Bruhh
Aug 23, 2019 4:23 AM

Dec 2017
Berserk 1997 is my favorite anime of all time, but that opening is... certainly not. Why couldn't it have been Forces? The OST is spectacular, but the opening has baffled me since forever.
Aug 23, 2019 4:24 AM

Aug 2018
Edylson said:
Hunter x Hunter (2011),the series is in my top 5,but the OP is whack af, and THEY DONT CHANGE IT, for the rest of the +140 episodes.... Bruhh
In my case, I listened to it so much that I ended up liking it jajaja

I just remembered! There was a paragraph where some words changed depending on the arc in which the show was at that given moment. That gave me some surprises that made me curious and ended up on me watching each OP jajaja. btw some of the OP where quite funny
lt_wassileAug 23, 2019 4:30 AM
Enjoy the ride...
Aug 23, 2019 4:24 AM

Jul 2016
The first season of Natsume Yuujinchou. The song is okay I guess, I don't particularly like it though and the visuals are really bad. In the first half of it absolutely nothing is happening and it's just really grey and aesthetically unpleasing and the second half of it is just scenes from the show, adding nothing.
I guess the ED kind of makes up for it though, being one of my favorites.

Music-wise I also don't like the fourth OP very much but the visuals are fine, I guess.

I also quite like Clannad (even though I highly prefer After Story), but I think the opening of the first season just sounds like crap.
ElivaOilAug 23, 2019 4:31 AM
Aug 23, 2019 4:26 AM

Jul 2019
Mirai said:
Shiki comes to mind. The first op sounds like a drunk middle aged man singing at a karaoke bar. And I can't even remember anything about the second opening so at the very least it's forgettable.
Thanks I forgot about the shiki openings to add in my watch list + full songs.
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.
Aug 23, 2019 4:31 AM

Jun 2016
Hunter x Hunter could use a different song in certain episodes
The second song from MHA (EDIT: third season) is pretty crappy although I don't consider this season to be any good most people seemed to like it
The second song from code geass was pretty bad
Theo1899Aug 23, 2019 4:38 AM
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Aug 23, 2019 4:34 AM

Apr 2019
Jus1294 said:

Ah that's probably why I didn't watch Berserk, tho I remember I started it a long time ago. Will try again with OPs skipped
Aug 23, 2019 4:36 AM

Dec 2016
Digimon Adventure english dub...... this is cancer to my ears.

Zankyou no Terror. I just couldn't get used to it so I always skipped the op.

Kuragehime. I just don't like the song, but it's a really fun op with movie references. Still skipped it after some episodes in....

Double Decker. Not terrible but I felt like I heard the same song a 100 times. The ED is one of the best tho.

Shingeki no Bahamut Virign Soul op2. Again, not bad but compared to the previous OPs the series had, it really kinda sucks in my opinion. Or I'm just dissing it as a metal fan

Apr 2017
It'd be easier to name good animes with good OPs, so far as I'm concerned. In fact, just animes with good OP. I skip 98% of them after I've watched it once so I guess it's just me though.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain

Oct 2018
I'm probably going to hate from few fans but Attack on titan has pretty boring opening which tries to be hype but never appeals me, red swan was good though but I will never like linked horizon.
Ri22rkAug 23, 2019 4:47 AM
Aug 23, 2019 4:39 AM

Sep 2018
I liked Code Geass R1 quite a bit, but HOLY SHIT the 2nd OP sucks massive dick. It goes from my favorite OP to my least favorite OP, it's very conflicting and I don't like it.
"Literary experts revealed that reviews on sites like MyAnimeList kill more than 200 brain cells per second."

- Joey, "The Anime Man"
Aug 23, 2019 4:39 AM

Apr 2019
Mirai said:

I didn't know of that one but seems interesting
Shinji, tho!! I've never hated a character as much as this one.. and after Heaven's feel 2, I can't bring myself to like any "good" characters voiced by Kamiya Hiroshi
I do understand that it just means how good the acting for Shinji was tho
Aug 23, 2019 4:41 AM

Apr 2019
Edylson said:

Have yet to watch it but it's strange that they kept the same op for 140 episodes!!
Aug 23, 2019 4:44 AM

Apr 2019
ElivaOil said:
The first season of Natsume Yuujinchou. The song is okay I guess, I don't particularly like it though and the visuals are really bad. In the first half of it absolutely nothing is happening and it's just really grey and aesthetically unpleasing and the second half of it is just scenes from the show, adding nothing.
I guess the ED kind of makes up for it though, being one of my favorites.

Music-wise I also don't like the fourth OP very much but the visuals are fine, I guess.

I also quite like Clannad (even though I highly prefer After Story), but I think the opening of the first season just sounds like crap.

Clannad opening I don't remember but the Dango song I can never forget.. no matter if u like it at the start but after listening to it a couple of time it just becomes an earworm
Aug 23, 2019 4:47 AM

Apr 2019
Mici_Angels said:

Kuragehime. I just don't like the song, but it's a really fun op with movie references. Still skipped it after some episodes in....

Double Decker. Not terrible but I felt like I heard the same song a 100 times. The ED is one of the best tho.

Shingeki no Bahamut Virign Soul op2. Again, not bad but compared to the previous OPs the series had, it really kinda sucks in my opinion. Or I'm just dissing it as a metal fan

Funny coz they played the Digimon OP with a live orchestra at Animagic and ppl were crying with nostalgia!
Have yet to watch the rest
Aug 23, 2019 4:55 AM

Apr 2019
ExodiaX said:
I'm probably going to hate from few fans but Attack on titan has pretty boring opening which tries to be hype but never appeals me, red swan was good though but I will never like linked horizon.

funny that I like most ops of AOT, except red swan..ha ha
coz i felt it might be a good song but doesn't match the pace-nature of the series
Aug 23, 2019 5:00 AM

Dec 2016
Mashiiron-chan said:
Mici_Angels said:

Funny coz they played the Digimon OP with a live orchestra at Animagic and ppl were crying with nostalgia!

You do know that English dub changed the Japanese Digimon op, right?
Aug 23, 2019 5:02 AM

Oct 2018
@Mashiiron-chan haha, yeah red swan was really good in my opinion and I just don't like linked horizon. almost every opening they do have same kinda feeling which makes them less enjoyable but season 2 opening was good.
Aug 23, 2019 5:03 AM

Nov 2016
Kinda hard to come with a bad one. I tend to skip boring openings and therefore don't remember them.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 23, 2019 5:17 AM

Aug 2019
fitemeillreku said:
I liked Code Geass R1 quite a bit, but HOLY SHIT the 2nd OP sucks massive dick. It goes from my favorite OP to my least favorite OP, it's very conflicting and I don't like it.
That shit was pretty trash. The vocalist sung with a lot of confidence and energy behind it, but her voice was simply horrible
Neppin’ ain’t easy, yo
Aug 23, 2019 5:23 AM

Oct 2018
After years of contemplating I still have no idea what the thought process behind Code Geass’ second op was.

Aug 23, 2019 5:27 AM
Aug 2017
This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion but I don't like the OP to "Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto". It doesn't fit in with his personality or style at all and I generally don't care for those fast, noisy rock songs that so many anime use.
Aug 23, 2019 5:29 AM

Jul 2016
Call me evil, but I never really like Chase, the 2nd OP from Diamond is Unbreakable, and it's entirely because of the singer. I can't stand his voice. Every other JoJo OP great, I just really don't like Chase.

Can I also say the OP to .hack//SIGN? Just because of HOW COME I MUST KNNNNOOOOOWWWWW???!!! I'm sorry Yuki Kajiura, I don't know why you must know. Please stop screaming at me.
ChilliePeppersAug 23, 2019 5:34 AM
Aug 23, 2019 5:34 AM

Jun 2016
Mici_Angels said:
Mashiiron-chan said:

You do know that English dub changed the Japanese Digimon op, right?

I heard the english version on nostalgia critic and it was really bad. In our dub they just swapped the lyrics of the japanese song with worse ones
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Aug 23, 2019 4:35 PM

May 2019
This isn´t techinally a good show, I find it alright (Which I enjoyed somewhat because I am very edgy) but I hate the op of Tokyo Ghoul √A, I find it pretty boring and horrible, so I just skipped after some episodes. Is a shame since I really like the the op for the first season of Toyko Ghoul, but the op for √A is a no no for me.
Aug 23, 2019 4:40 PM

Dec 2016
Death Note's second opening is franky, terrible.

Also hated Mawaru Penguindrum's 1st opening.
Aug 23, 2019 4:51 PM

Jul 2019
I just lost some brain cells reading that you drop animes with bad OPs. To respond to OT, the 2nd and 4th Code Geass OPs were hardcore trash imo.

Ping Pong's OP is average and I hate the rocky vibe it has in 2nd half.

Haikyuu!! and Kuroko no Basket have basically the same OP with different music and images, but in a really similar fashion, thus only the 1st OP of both are good as I feel like the other ones don't bring anything new. Actually the last OP of both are good too, especially visually. They hype up really better than their predecessors.

You should just skip OPs if you don't like them, don't drop a show just like that my dude.
Aug 23, 2019 5:10 PM

Oct 2016
Mashiiron-chan said:
Mici_Angels said:

Germans got basically the same Op as in Japanese, but the English were not so lucky and got...well something else.
Aug 23, 2019 5:16 PM

Jul 2017
The only ones I could think of were Gankutsuou and Food Wars. The former because the OP had like no flow to it half of the time, and the latter idk why, I always had to skip that opening
Aug 23, 2019 5:37 PM

Mar 2019
Mici_Angels said:

The ED kicking in at the end of every ep was so good watching that show, agree with the OP. All their songs are great that I've heard in anime (Black clover OP, Fruit Baskets ED)

An unpopular opinion but I just couldn't get into Mob 100's OP.
Aug 23, 2019 5:41 PM

Dec 2012
Attack on titan.

While many of the OST's are incredible, I could never really get into the OP/ED's for any of the seasons, therefore I went ahead to skip right into the next episodes action.
Aug 23, 2019 5:45 PM

May 2014
Scrolling through my anime list, i actually can't see any anime i consider to be good with bad openings. I guess Violet Evergarden's opening wasn't that great to me. Not terrible, i just never even watched it again when the show was finished, which isn't the case for a lot of openings. I'll usually add them to a playlist to listen to as well.
Aug 23, 2019 7:00 PM
Jul 2018
I have to say all the OP's of Code Geass, except the ones sung by FLOW (1st and last OP's). Also Full Metal Panic's OP's as well. I thought there were a bit too mellow for the show.
Aug 23, 2019 7:12 PM
May 2016
Seikon no qwaster-it’s first Ed is better then any of its OP

Masou hxh-

Testament of sister devil-
Aug 23, 2019 7:22 PM

Jan 2018
Dude if you don't like the OP the first or second time, just skip it for the rest of the episodes.

I can't think of an anime where something like an OP is enough to drop an entire show.
ええ、私はそこにいてそれをやった

Aug 23, 2019 7:29 PM
May 2018
Ass Class OPs never did it for me....
Aug 23, 2019 7:31 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
I wouldn't ever call it a bad OP but Madoka Magica OP is a huge downplay on the quality of the soundtrack found in the series.

Also Hinamatsuri had one of the most basic generic OPs ever yet its such a stand out show.
Aug 23, 2019 9:26 PM

Jun 2016
1997 Berserk came first to my mind lol

Aug 23, 2019 9:37 PM

Oct 2018
naruto opening, I believe it was around great war arc where all the character dancing around.
Aug 23, 2019 10:11 PM

Apr 2015
In my opinion, musically rather-not-okay or too-weird-to-enjoy openings would be those of Kill me Baby, Nichijou (though those are still catchy, which kinda irritates me), Tsugumomo (still fun, though), Hakushaku to Yousei, Owari no Seraph (first season), Yuushibu, Accel World opening 2, Centaur no Nayami, Azumanga Daiou, Chobits, Shomin Sample, I guess that would be it, others either enjoy/like/love, don't remember or left me indifferent...
Aug 23, 2019 10:18 PM

Aug 2016
Jus1294 said:

Came here to say that. They had the chance to use something as epic as Forces to play during the opening, but they chose that boring snorefest song instead.
:v
Aug 23, 2019 10:31 PM
Dec 2016
Edylson said:

dude PREACH, i’m not a huge fan of the opening and i grew to hate it even more when i realized i was stuck with it for the entire anime lmfao
Aug 23, 2019 10:35 PM
Jul 2018
Hufflypuffy said:
Edylson said:

dude PREACH, i’m not a huge fan of the opening and i grew to hate it even more when i realized i was stuck with it for the entire anime lmfao

It would have been a good song if it weren't for the autotune, IMO.
Aug 23, 2019 10:38 PM

Aug 2010
Paranoia Agent has a very bad opening, but is one of the best animes I ever saw.

The opening in this anime is boring and just shows images with characters laughing. Although some people claim it is genius, I thought it was pretty tiresome.
Aug 23, 2019 10:47 PM

Jul 2016
Sangatsu no Lion OP 4 is a snoozefest compared to the 3 bangers that came before it.

Also what's with the hate for Tell Me Why? That shit slaps
Aug 23, 2019 11:13 PM

Aug 2018
one-piece has a very Bad opening.........
Aug 23, 2019 11:39 PM

Nov 2010
Neptendo said:
fitemeillreku said:
That shit was pretty trash. The vocalist sung with a lot of confidence and energy behind it, but her voice was simply horrible

Lol I agree. Lot of people hate that song. I love the guitar at the beginning but when that voice started , it's like wth happen!?
I think if someone with better voice sing it might sound little bit better. Maybe... I still don't like the song except the first start with the guitar
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» That moment when you realize...

Dominusew - 3 minutes ago

1 by Otakupervert890 »»
7 seconds ago

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

66 by 23feanor »»
16 minutes ago

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 6 hours ago

13 by Otakupervert890 »»
22 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

90 by Theo1899 »»
25 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9069 by anime-prime »»
40 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.