Forum Settings
Forums

Which "Dere" Type is Your Favorite To See in Romance Anime?

Aug 22, 1:38 PM

I have seen a lot of hate about Tsunderes as of late, so I was just curious:

Which "Dere" Type is Your Favorite To See in Romance Anime?

To help you out, here are the fan definitions with examples:

Dandere refers to a character who is often silent and to themselves. It may be due to shyness or just because they’re the quiet type. However, when alone with the person they are attracted to, they usually come out of their shell and become more loving. (Yuki Nagato from Haruhi Suzumiya)

Kuudere refers to a character who is often cold, blunt, and cynical. They may seem very emotionless on the outside, but on the inside they’re very caring — at least when it comes to the ones they love. (Yukinoshita Yukino from Oregairu)

Deredere are very sweet and energetic, whose entire character archetype centres on their love for a single character. They are usually cheerful and happy and they tend to spread happiness to the ones around them. No matter what may happen, they quickly revert to their cheerful self. (Tachibana Marika from Nisekoi)

Yandere refers to a character who starts out nice and sweet, but eventually becomes dark and obsessive over the one they love. They become stalkers and use violence on, and possibly even murder, any person who gets close to their love interest — even if they’re too shy to simply speak with that person they have a crush on. (Gasai Yuno from Mirai Nikki)

Tsundere a character who is initially cold and even hostile towards their love interest, before gradually showing a warmer side over time, and keeps switching back and forth between the two. (Taiga from Toradora)

Bakadere are for the most part very innocent and sweet, but their stupidity outshines their other attributes. They are basically a clumsy girl or boy in love. In other words, this type is quite a ditz or a klutz, and they're like a 10 year old when it comes to love, in the way they swoon over people so easily, and handle it so amateur-ly. Bakadere characters also act childish and air-headed. (Mashiro Shiina from Sakurosou)

Aug 22, 1:39 PM

Run sounds like a mix of deredere and bakadere so I'll take the hybrid of those two

Aug 22, 1:47 PM

Deredere and dandere are quite opposites, but I can't decide between them.

Aug 22, 1:50 PM
Intree

I'd say Kuudere. After that Dandere.
I also like Yandere but not from the romance side of things.

Aug 22, 2:04 PM

My waifu is a deredere. But my favorite archetype is (non-abusive) tsundere.

▲ ▲

«REVs»
«NP Games»
«Male/Female»
«Favorites (+Awards)»
"Shadow and Light are two sides of the same coin."

Aug 22, 2:26 PM

non abusive tsundere like makise kurisu or kuudere

Aug 22, 2:35 PM

Kuudere is the best.
Kuudere is life.

Aug 22, 2:43 PM

all dere's are best dere's

limitlimit
'On-Hold' is another way for a completionist to say 'Dropped'

Aug 22, 3:19 PM

I have a thing for tsunderes, for some reason. I feel like a lot of people dislike them, but I really do have a thing for them

Aug 22, 4:12 PM

Tsundere done right is a treat because it is a relatable personality quirk to be harsh to people one has a crush on. The psychology behind it is interesting and very real and watching that hard shell get broken down slowly, revealing the bright loving center... yeah, when done well it is unbeatable.

Kuuderes fucking rock though ngl if we just talking hotness then fuck yes kuuderes.
Blog homepage: http://yossanime.com/
Lastest post: Haganai: How an Ecchi Harem Romcom Became my Favorite Anime

Watching: Kamisama Dolls
Reading: Stargazer (VN)
Watching Weekly: Kawaikereba, Takagi-san 2, Machikado Mazoku

Recently Finished: Fate UBW (9), Your Lie in April (8), Haganai (10), Fate/Extra: Last Encore (9), Saya no Uta (VN)(8), Citrus (8), Dance in the Vampire Bund (8), Tejina-Senpai (3)

Aug 22, 4:22 PM

YossaRedMage said:
Tsundere done right is a treat because it is a relatable personality quirk to be harsh to people one has a crush on. The psychology behind it is interesting and very real and watching that hard shell get broken down slowly, revealing the bright loving center... yeah, when done well it is unbeatable.

Ah, I see that you are a man of culture as well.

Aug 22, 4:27 PM
It's always gonna be Deredere, I just like nice and pleasant characters in general and especially when it comes to romance I can do without the mental issues that define a lot of the other archetypes.

Listen, everybody wants change, don't nobody want to change though
don't nobody want to pray, till they got something to pray for
now everybody's gonna die, but don't everybody live though

Aug 22, 4:31 PM

kuudere maybe?

btw is there any other example aside from yukinoshita?

Aug 22, 4:47 PM
Stoorainclaire said:
kuudere maybe?

Yukinoshita isn’t really a kuudere
Also others would be Rei Ayanami from NGE, Angel(Tachibana Kanade) from Angel Beats, etc
I’ll link the MAL page here https://myanimelist.net/featured/937/Top_20_Kuudere_Girls_in_Anime__What_is_a_Kuudere

Aug 22, 5:12 PM

I don't understand why Tsundere's are getting a lot of hate in the first place because I still like them. Kuudere's are my second favorite in romance anime series.

Aug 22, 6:05 PM

Tsundere. My favourites girls in anime are all Tsundere.

Aug 22, 6:13 PM

Tsundere and Dandere for every type of anime, they are the best things in this world.

Aug 22, 6:22 PM
Kreedex said:
non abusive tsundere like makise kurisu or kuudere

you basically said it perfectly
a mix of both would be nice tbh

Aug 23, 1:23 AM

MarvelDCFan1241 said:
Stoorainclaire said:
kuudere maybe?

Yukinoshita isn’t really a kuudere
Also others would be Rei Ayanami from NGE, Angel(Tachibana Kanade) from Angel Beats, etc
I’ll link the MAL page here https://myanimelist.net/featured/937/Top_20_Kuudere_Girls_in_Anime__What_is_a_Kuudere

thank you so much...
after watching all the list that you link to me...I just wonder why Yukino is not kuudere? as far as I see, I believe that Yukino is one of them.

Aug 23, 1:24 AM

Uhh Dandere i guess. They're the least annoying character type.

Aug 23, 1:31 AM

Tsundere. A silent here and dere, now and then would be nice too. WindAria is an example of a romance show that I enjoy but cannot watch anymore of that type consistently.

Aug 23, 1:31 AM

Dandere for girls, bakadere and deredere for guys, kuudere for both.

Aug 23, 1:34 AM

It's definitely Yandere no competition for me.

X s t a s y

“I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours”
―Cheshire Cat