Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2019 6:50 AM

Dec 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Damn, what a crazy fucking ride of a story
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 26, 2019 7:55 PM

Feb 2016
These boys. They did it.
Dec 10, 2019 6:29 AM

Oct 2012
Was surprisingly fun.
The story itself was rather simple, but the characters were done exceptionally well.

Loved the last confession part before the ending. And the most interesting part was how author ended it - in the end the scum remained the scum, each of them made some sort of facade, but in reality they remained the weak people they were who had to rely on other for strength.

Overall a brilliant way to show the dark side of human emotions and people who are not fully sane. It did feel a bit over the top overplayed in some places, but it was still believable and did not feel too fake.

Real life rarely has a happy ending and that manga portrays it perfectly, people do grow and improve, but also only to an extent, as dark as it sounds - 9/10.
Feb 11, 2020 2:48 AM

Jul 2016
Hentaicheg said:
Loved the last confession part before the ending. And the most interesting part was how author ended it - in the end the scum remained the scum, each of them made some sort of facade, but in reality they remained the weak people they were who had to rely on other for strength.

Overall a brilliant way to show the dark side of human emotions and people who are not fully sane. It did feel a bit over the top overplayed in some places, but it was still believable and did not feel too fake.

Couldn't agree more.

All I want to comment after finishing this fantastic manga is that I really enjoyed this addictive ride and while I think the comedy didn't work 100% of the time I still enjoyed it a lot. I had a great time and I'd rate this a 8/10.

And that the most memorable aspect of this manga is its characters. Believable and flawed personalities but consistent throughout the whole story. The gang does indeed grow as human beings but they still remain the same idiots/scum they were at the beginning and I wouldn't change that.
Maru was a character that truly annoyed me and I would hate to have a friend like him in real life but at the same time, I love him as a character and all that the mangaka wanted to portray with that disgusting guy. Paisen was also a very interesting and tragic character. Both Isami and Tobio were also great characters.
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

Dec 9, 2020 11:44 AM

Mar 2014
The ending was so good. I feel like after the time skip, it seems like Isami and Maru went back to their cowardly ways, one turning to his family and the other still focusing on money. Paisen on the other hand, went to jail and served his time, and then he could move on and improve his life in a way, without guilt. However, Tobio could never erase his guilt or achieve the freedom he wanted. He's covering up his guilt and self-loathing with false happiness, which is why he says when he can't take it anymore he will just die. His crimes are literally haunting him. He was also shown smiling after the explosion which could mean he also feels guilty for enjoying it. It's kinda contradictory which adds complexity to Tobio's character imo.

I feel like in the end, the most disturbing thing is the implication that he will name his child Tarou, to remind himself of the bombing incident and further torment himself. This was an intense but very, very disturbing ending imo.
Mar 2, 2021 4:25 AM

Apr 2012
I have mixed feelings about the ending, it reminds me of Ciguatera's ending. Overall, I enjoyed the ride
Mar 26, 2021 2:48 AM

Mar 2015
In the end it was only Paisen who managed to move on.. While the rest of "the boys" have filled their lives with busy stuff to try and burry the guilt within he had nothing but his own thoughts and chance for 10 years worth of introspection. Powerful last pages.
Apr 13, 2021 3:48 AM
Nov 2020
All I'm gonna say is that this manga is underrated af! In 87 chapters I've never felt so much emotions and not one, even one manga Come close in way of how realistic yet (some times) unrealietic those characters are. To me is either 9.5 or 10/10 manga. It Just shows how brutal the world is. And one Last thing. I Just love Paisen, he, only he moved after 10 years thinking in prison. Alone with his own thoughts. As expected Isami & Maru stayed scums till the end and the only one who is still feeling some regret & guiltiness is Tobio. That's what makes him so complex character. And with naming his son that way to remember what he did. It's Just 👏👏👏👏👏. Really solid manga and to made only in 87ch to move you is such big rollercoaster, it's just amazing.
Apr 23, 2021 10:53 AM
Jul 2018
One of the best Manga I've read. Very relatable in some aspects.
Jan 8, 2022 10:15 PM

May 2020
I’m confused about how I feel about this manga. It’s a little too over-the-top but in a way it’s also kind of perfect. This is a pretty deep dark comedy and I’m glad that it kept it’s ridiculous tone until the very end.

Liked the characters too, flawed and shitty as they are. Tobio will probably go insane at some point or the other and even though Paisen was pretty pathetic, you really can’t help but have a soft spot for him.
Aug 26, 2022 9:13 AM
May 2020
I have mixed feelings about this manga. Thats because it truly shows how shit the real world is.. I think this manga executed what it wanted to show perfectly.
Sep 28, 2022 7:33 PM

Dec 2019
So many chapters making me unease and this chapter wasn't no exception, glad Tobio didn't fuck up moments before witnessing his child's existence, I guess the last panels really showed how Tobio still finds joy in seeing those bullies get murdered
Oct 12, 2022 3:07 PM
Dec 2021
This manga is an good one!!!
Oct 19, 2022 7:16 AM
Apr 2020
Woulda gave it more than a 7 but the romance was borderline garbage
Nov 7, 2022 1:22 AM

Oct 2021
don't know how to feel about this one... in the end the thing that detective guy said came true, they were never able to forget the guilt from that day. even when he hears about his child birth and giving him a name, he couldn't escape the past events. shit i am still feeling sad that tobio and renko ship never came true (Renko deserved better).
Jul 5, 2023 3:00 PM
Aug 2022
a thought provoking manga that shows the readers how messed up and helplessly fucking terrible and awful human being is. it's telling you how karma will always find its ways to you and you get no choice but to face it directly. the characters are pretty well developed i'd say. there's one you can root for, there's one you can resonate with, and there's one you want to beat the shit out of. a pretty realistic approach to human's well-being. and yeah about the ending or rather the last 3-5 chapters from the manga, i got a mixed feeling about it. i get what is the manga trying to get across, i understand where they came from. but the romance and all that shit with renko was so fucking atrocious, reminds me of onodera married with some unknown guy lol. it's like a big middle finger straight from the author himself to the readers at this point. all that build up between tobio and renko just for our "best pal ever" mc to turn her down where he could have had a better life with her and definitely renko would support him despite all the ridiculously vile shit he has done in the past. the romance is just awfully written. welp good luck for tobio and paisen i guess.
7/10
RafaelwokeuplikeJul 5, 2023 3:16 PM

More topics from this board

» I want to read this in English or Spanish. Has this been published?

El_Enemigo - Dec 3, 2022

2 by 21sacraments »»
Jan 9, 2023 5:40 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi ga Yarimashita Chapter 57 Discussion

Hollweg - Feb 17, 2019

6 by memexxpert_ »»
Oct 7, 2022 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi ga Yarimashita Chapter 49 Discussion

Danae - Dec 8, 2020

1 by Euroqean »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:57 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi ga Yarimashita Chapter 1 Discussion

-HippySnob- - Sep 11, 2017

4 by Sinister_Garbage »»
Sep 2, 2022 4:17 AM

» I heard that this is one of Isayama (AoT author) favourite mangas

L0sMichal0s - Apr 1, 2021

6 by Neostorm-X »»
Sep 13, 2021 11:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.