Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kanata no Astra Episode 8 Discussion


#1
Aug 21, 5:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 113915
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh shit, not only did they find another spacecraft the same type as Astra but there are also people in frozen sleep state aboard it. What an interesting discovery.

An important episode for sure that thickens the mystery of the show. I guess this also motivates the others to really be careful of their own survival in the universe.
Modified by Stark700, Aug 21, 6:18 AM
 
#2
Aug 21, 6:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 212
Okay episode. Not enough answers for me at this point in the show's run...

I thought there would have been more to Polina's reveal, but it was a pretty standard "My crew got killed and I put myself into hibernation in the hope that someone will rescue me eventually" situation.

The plant battle was hokey, but the Quitterie-Zack banter was cute.

The ship repair via modularity was a little too convenient, and it's surprising Aries was the one who came up with the idea, but the show makes an effort to explain by having Zack explain he was depressed and out of it after he crashed the ship.

Nice 4th wall break by Luca!

The anti-gravity slapstick humor didn't really work for me.

6.5/10 this week.
 
#3
Aug 21, 7:00 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 903
Zack might be hot but he need to abandon 2 things, his glasses and his marriage proposal.
Kanata's stupidity is beyond my expectation, getting that ID tag is too risky, but then again, I love stupid hot guys because they're easy to be 'F' by me. (I still reserve perfect 10/10 score only if he's the villain)
I'm not much into the plot this plot that in this episode, but the comic relief is on point, I'd dare to say that it's also not wrong to add 'comedy' tag to this anime as well. I love Kanata's monotone reply and Ulgar's facial expression when Luca went on and on about male/female, plant/zombie, comedy/sci-fi anime.
 
#4
Aug 21, 7:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 3050
Good episode. So they managed to fix the ship by putting together parts of the two ships together. Zack and Quitterie would make a cute, great couple.

The reveal were Quitterie and Funi are the same person :O
Modified by Leo, Aug 21, 7:17 AM

 
#5
Aug 21, 7:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 1181
As expected. I was certain Funicia was a clone of Quitterie as soon as we found out they are not actually sisters. Finally confirmed now.

Wonder what was that Paulina expected to happen but didn't.
 
#6
Aug 21, 7:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 698
Why did they cut Paulina's Dialogue, dafuq?
i really do NOT like that cut.
i wrapped that page in spoiler tags, but its not really a spoiler since its from this part
i think its pretty important and a nice line that adds value to the episode:


Ah but im glad we finally got to see a ship set sail in anime without it needing 5 million Episodes. Probably the fastest Ship of all time.
I love that part so much XD

________________

They also skipped Chapter 32-35
which was the most important chapters in the entire series
they skipped complete chapters and changed scenes and how they got to the realization of funi and quitterie being the same person
i don't like it, i don't like that they did chapter 36 and that they rearranged it like that
its not that bad but still, it makes it feel slow paced because it makes this ep feel uneventful, which it shouldn't have been, i guess this just means the next eps will have that stuff but still

______

i recommend you look at the image i posted @Spaceship same to you @Tsarko
it will at least add a little bit more context they cut
Modified by Nim0174, Aug 21, 7:28 AM
You son of a .. turtle

 
#7
Aug 21, 7:36 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 187
They did one of the important parts very well, which gives me hope that they will finish the adaptation well.
 
#8
Aug 21, 7:59 AM
三葉

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 2008
So we're at ch 36 now? Im pretty sure we'll get a full adaptation then.
That clone bombshell at the end tho, didn't expect that.
Kanata's too much of a risk taker, and Zack is.. well.. he's Zack.
I wonder what the new girl's been talkin about.
 
#9
Aug 21, 8:15 AM
Review Moderator
Fairy Tale

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 5036
Liking what I see of Paulina so far. The Zack-Quitterie moment is cringy, but in a cute way. I think giving the Astra the ability to split into parts is a bit too convenient for the plot, but not gonna complain. What Kanata did at the end is some pure shounen stuff lol. Lastly, the revelation in the credits only reinforces my speculation since episode five that these kids might be artificial beings.


Thanks for posting this panel. That scene makes a lot more sense now after reading it. Either she lost track of time or she was asleep longer than 12 years.

Would you also mind explaining how they did the Quitterie-Funi revelation in the manga? Just curious haha.
 
Aug 21, 8:21 AM
三葉

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 2008
Skittles said:
Liking what I see of Paulina so far. The Zack-Quitterie moment is cringy, but in a cute way. I think giving the Astra the ability to split into parts is a bit too convenient for the plot, but not gonna complain. What Kanata did at the end is some pure shounen stuff lol. Lastly, the revelation in the credits only reinforces my speculation since episode five that these kids might be artificial beings.

Like all of them were actually clones huh? would be quite the twist, the thought only came to me when I saw how their parents were during ep 5. There is just no way they can be that unfazed by all this (bar Aries' mom)
 
Aug 21, 8:37 AM
Review Moderator
Fairy Tale

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 5036
-Stray said:
Like all of them were actually clones huh? would be quite the twist, the thought only came to me when I saw how their parents were during ep 5. There is just no way they can be that unfazed by all this (bar Aries' mom)

Yep, that's my guess. To quote what I said in the episode six discussion:

Just to summarize what I gathered so far:
  • Charce was talking about how the fauna in that watery planet clone themselves to reproduce (asexual). In the same episode and the one after, there were scenes involving Luca's father and clones, Luca's gender reveal hinting his possible artificial nature, and Kanata talking about the 'common thread' linking them. All of this stuff happening in such a brief period of time feels really convenient, like the writers wanted to tell us something.
  • The meeting room scene only showed one parent for each kid. Of course, maybe some or even all the main characters have two parents, but they were left out since they're not important or the animators wanted to save some budget. However, I feel like there's more to it than that. Also if they were clones as you said, that would explain why the parents don't care for them much. On that note, notice how Aries' mother looks much different than her when compared to the other kids and their parents, and her mom was the only one who seemed to care about her child's well-being. Could be a hint for something.
  • Aries-Seira speculation people made in the previous thread.

All of this plus the recent Quitterie-Funi reveal seem like foreshadowing of the children's true nature.
Modified by Skittles, Aug 21, 8:53 AM
 
Aug 21, 8:41 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 1533
And the twist is finally here.

I actually liked this episode more than others, maybe having an adult member in the group shifted the dynamics a bit in a good way. Also, the marriage affirmation between Zack and Quitterie was really funny and cute.
 
Aug 21, 8:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 698
Skittles said:
Liking what I see of Paulina so far. The Zack-Quitterie moment is cringy, but in a cute way. I think giving the Astra the ability to split into parts is a bit too convenient for the plot, but not gonna complain. What Kanata did at the end is some pure shounen stuff lol. Lastly, the revelation in the credits only reinforces my speculation since episode five that these kids might be artificial beings.


Thanks for posting this panel. That scene makes a lot more sense now after reading it. Either she lost track of time or she was asleep longer than 12 years.

Would you also mind explaining how they did the Quitterie-Funi revelation in the manga? Just curious haha.


they won't most likely show this anyway but i'll wrap it in spoiler tags, there is no actual plot spoilers so go ahead:
You son of a .. turtle

 
Aug 21, 8:46 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 1669
That marriage proposal was hilarious. Wow that ending revelation makes things interesting I wonder if there are more clones among them.

X s t a s y

“I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours”
―Cheshire Cat

 
Aug 21, 8:52 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 4
The fact that Funicia and Quitterie are clones was sooooo obvious, it isn't even a revelation at this point

So much things were indicating the fact that there were clones in the series, and Funi and Quitterie have exactly the same physical aspects despite not being sisters, wow, it's so surprising that they are clones
 
Aug 21, 8:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 1189
So...Paulina is awake from the cryo-chamber. And she has a chilling story to tell.

The Zack-Quitterie moment was "superb" to say the least, I have no idea if that meant any ship but yea...don't bet on it. Zack was just forced to acquitt the "marriage" with Quiterrie...geez, so much for childhood friends who marry each other at the end.

As we jump ahead from Chapter 31 to 36, especially the ending, Quiterrie and Funi...are the same person...?

@Nim1074 as per the content cut this episode, I'm also not quite sure how they would use it and Chapter 32-35 to explain the issues. Either it would be rushed or either summarised (which is the worst choice). Like to know your thoughts about it too.
 
Aug 21, 8:59 AM
三葉

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 2008
Skittles said:
-Stray said:
Like all of them were actually clones huh? would be quite the twist, the thought only came to me when I saw how their parents were during ep 5. There is just no way they can be that unfazed by all this (bar Aries' mom)

Yep, that's my guess. To quote what I said in the episode six discussion:

Just to summarize what I gathered so far:
  • Charce was talking about how the fauna in that watery planet clone themselves to reproduce (asexual). In the same episode and the one after, there were scenes involving Luca's father and clones, Luca's gender reveal hinting his possible artificial nature, and Kanata talking about the 'common thread' linking them. All of this stuff happening in such a brief period of time feels really convenient, like the writers wanted to tell us something.
  • The meeting room scene only showed one parent for each kid. Of course, maybe some or even all the main characters have two parents, but they were left out since they're not important or the animators wanted to save some budget. However, I feel like there's more to it than that. Also if they were clones as you said, that would explain why the parents don't care for them much. On that note, notice how Aries' mother looks much different than her when compared to the other kids and their parents, and her mom was the only one who seemed to care about her child's well-being. Could be a hint for something.
  • Aries-Seira speculation people made in the previous thread.

All of this plus the recent Quitterie-Funi reveal seem like foreshadowing of the children's true nature.

Good points, can definitely see it more and more that all of them are possible clones, sci-fi shiz has a thing with clone stuffs, maybe they're failed experiments, some of them might be catching on like how Ulgar's big bro got killed due to getting close to something big, so someone decided to drop them dead outer space or the cloning stuffs were illegal.
 
Aug 21, 9:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 1085
Oh my gosh so many mysteries again this episode. So far Paulina seems like a gd girl and not some unwanted trouble like i thght she was. Also really nice Quiterrie and Zack ship confirmed. Also about what Paulina mentioned , I thnk she was talking about earth being destroyed or smthng alike. Also woah is Funi a clone of Quitterie? Damn so much hype and last but not least Kanata shone again this episode. Even if it was for just a few secs we got see his awesomeness, gd going there captain thats how u should be.
Gray, Rave, Crave, Deprave.
Grave me,
Grave for you.

 
Aug 21, 9:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 698
KANLen09 said:
So...Paulina is awake from the cryo-chamber. And she has a chilling story to tell.

The Zack-Quitterie moment was "superb" to say the least, I have no idea if that meant any ship but yea...don't bet on it. Zack was just forced to acquitt the "marriage" with Quiterrie...geez, so much for childhood friends who marry each other at the end.

As we jump ahead from Chapter 31 to 36, especially the ending, Quiterrie and Funi...are the same person...?

@Nim1074 as per the content cut this episode, I'm also not quite sure how they would use it and Chapter 32-35 to explain the issues. Either it would be rushed or either summarised (which is the worst choice). Like to know your thoughts about it too.


well im guessing first off they will cut dialogue again but its fine i guess
i'd love to see them adapt 33-35 and 37-38 in one episode next week
nonethless i'd have preferred them adapting 33 this week because well.. i think it would have been better because i just think it was time for it to hit now i guess
hard to explain how i feel about it
but we'll see next week i guess
You son of a .. turtle

 
Aug 21, 9:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 2013
So, not only it was the same ship that conveniently landed almost at the same spot, but it also had intact the reactor section that the Astra has damaged, how convenient, I'd understand if it was a different ship which parts would help to repair the Astra, but this is just way too convenient, not just that, the ship is able to divide itself into 3 sections lmao

For a planet which name is the Anagram of Crisis, there was barely any "Crisis" on this planet. It was also very stupid of them to wake up Paulina from the CryoChamber before knowing if they could repair their ship, imagine condemning a soul that has been on a slumber for 12 years, only to wake up to some lost kids and realize they are all as fucked as she were with little to no hope on leaving this planet. (This last bit reminds me of that Passengers movie)

Then we had one of the most awkward confessions I've seen between Qutterie and Zack. Good for them that dangerous beast barely exist on this anime, because if one heard the constant screams from Qutterie they'll be all done for.

And then, if it wasn't obvious enough, the true identity of Qutterie's "Sister" has been finally unveiled, out of all the twists this anime had unveiled, this one was the lest impacting of them all (>Implying a single twist from this anime has been good lol) I bet there's gonna be an info dump next episode, a rushed one probably.

2/5

If you find yourself disagreeing, please, don't do the following:

1. Call out on some superiority complex.
2. Rely on "If you don't like then don't watch it" in an attempt to defend your statements
3. Resorting to insults.

 
Aug 21, 9:32 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 4
HereticHunter said:
So, not only it was the same ship that conveniently landed almost at the same spot, but it also had intact the reactor section that the Astra has damaged, how convenient, I'd understand if it was a different ship which parts would help to repair the Astra, but this is just way too convenient, not just that, the ship is able to divide itself into 3 sections lmao

For a planet which name is the Anagram of Crisis, there was barely any "Crisis" on this planet. It was also very stupid of them to wake up Paulina from the CryoChamber before knowing if they could repair their ship, imagine condemning a soul that has been on a slumber for 12 years, only to wake up to some lost kids and realize they are all as fucked as she were with little to no hope on leaving this planet. (This last bit reminds me of that Passengers movie)

Then we had one of the most awkward confessions I've seen between Qutterie and Zack. Good for them that dangerous beast barely exist on this anime, because if one heard the constant screams from Qutterie they'll be all done for.

And then, if it wasn't obvious enough, the true identity of Qutterie's "Sister" has been finally unveiled, out of all the twists this anime had unveiled, this one was the lest impacting of them all (>Implying a single twist from this anime has been good lol) I bet there's gonna be an info dump next episode, a rushed one probably.

2/5

The ship has plot armor lmao
 
Aug 21, 9:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2009
Interesting episode. Lots of info. First thought Polina would have been from ages ago (since they mentioend Earth and I think the kids were from some other planet) when humanity first started to colonize other planets.

Then again only 12 years were mentioned for her being in sleep. But still ... later her reaction was so focused on the actual year and she thought something should have happened when she slept. Maybe she doesn't really have her full memory back.

Zacks father researchong on memory cloning. (Again somethign with memories.) Then the stuff with Quitterie and Funi. Meaning clones?

The clones might be able to get the memories from the parents transplanted with the research Zacks father does and they actually might have "lived" for a long more time with Polina being on a ship with ancestors to Zack. I mean ... on the badge from Glenn that was clearly Walker. They made some sunlight there so we don't see the first letters. And it felt to narrow as if "Wal" were to many letters - more like "Baker" - but then again: Why should they have hidden the first letters if it wasn't Walker (as in Zack Walker).
 
Aug 21, 9:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 2013
Ricool said:
HereticHunter said:
So, not only it was the same ship that conveniently landed almost at the same spot, but it also had intact the reactor section that the Astra has damaged, how convenient, I'd understand if it was a different ship which parts would help to repair the Astra, but this is just way too convenient, not just that, the ship is able to divide itself into 3 sections lmao

For a planet which name is the Anagram of Crisis, there was barely any "Crisis" on this planet. It was also very stupid of them to wake up Paulina from the CryoChamber before knowing if they could repair their ship, imagine condemning a soul that has been on a slumber for 12 years, only to wake up to some lost kids and realize they are all as fucked as she were with little to no hope on leaving this planet. (This last bit reminds me of that Passengers movie)

Then we had one of the most awkward confessions I've seen between Qutterie and Zack. Good for them that dangerous beast barely exist on this anime, because if one heard the constant screams from Qutterie they'll be all done for.

And then, if it wasn't obvious enough, the true identity of Qutterie's "Sister" has been finally unveiled, out of all the twists this anime had unveiled, this one was the lest impacting of them all (>Implying a single twist from this anime has been good lol) I bet there's gonna be an info dump next episode, a rushed one probably.

2/5

The ship has plot armor lmao


Imagine needing plot armor for an anime that barely has any danger despite its theme xD.
If you find yourself disagreeing, please, don't do the following:

1. Call out on some superiority complex.
2. Rely on "If you don't like then don't watch it" in an attempt to defend your statements
3. Resorting to insults.

 
Aug 21, 9:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 698
btw its Paulina not Polino or Polina
k
if it was in your subs thats wrong xD
You son of a .. turtle

 
Aug 21, 9:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 9672
Skittles said:
-Stray said:
Like all of them were actually clones huh? would be quite the twist, the thought only came to me when I saw how their parents were during ep 5. There is just no way they can be that unfazed by all this (bar Aries' mom)

Yep, that's my guess. To quote what I said in the episode six discussion:

Just to summarize what I gathered so far:
  • Charce was talking about how the fauna in that watery planet clone themselves to reproduce (asexual). In the same episode and the one after, there were scenes involving Luca's father and clones, Luca's gender reveal hinting his possible artificial nature, and Kanata talking about the 'common thread' linking them. All of this stuff happening in such a brief period of time feels really convenient, like the writers wanted to tell us something.
  • The meeting room scene only showed one parent for each kid. Of course, maybe some or even all the main characters have two parents, but they were left out since they're not important or the animators wanted to save some budget. However, I feel like there's more to it than that. Also if they were clones as you said, that would explain why the parents don't care for them much. On that note, notice how Aries' mother looks much different than her when compared to the other kids and their parents, and her mom was the only one who seemed to care about her child's well-being. Could be a hint for something.
  • Aries-Seira speculation people made in the previous thread.

All of this plus the recent Quitterie-Funi reveal seem like foreshadowing of the children's true nature.


Intersex is something that happens naturally. It's rare, but it does happen. Some countries even have laws prohibiting giving them sex change during infancy.
Only two of the kids have been shown to have two parents, Luca and Ulgar. Come to think of it they are the only ones stated to have siblings not on this trip. Quitterie and Zack's parents were stated to be single this episode. Charce's mother appears to be single based on what he has said. Granted that was also when he was saying she adopted him. He didn't give any details on his biological relatives other then they were from the noble district. Also his mother seemed to be the only one supporting Emma during the meeting, although she wasn't freaking out as much.

-Stray said:
Good points, can definitely see it more and more that all of them are possible clones, sci-fi shiz has a thing with clone stuffs, maybe they're failed experiments, some of them might be catching on like how Ulgar's big bro got killed due to getting close to something big, so someone decided to drop them dead outer space or the cloning stuffs were illegal.


In real life several countries have already banned human cloning. I'm not away of anyone doing so, but they are proactively outlawed it just to be safe.
 
Aug 21, 9:58 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 6
Hmm, the fact that Zack said that his father has always looked at him "as to a doll" adds to the theory of all of them being clones. Anyway looking forward to the next episode
 
Aug 21, 10:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 3097
that Zack and Quitterie confrontation was too cute to watch lol. Fastest marriage proposal ever

I do like when the show has the more exploration theme going on like towards the end of last episode, kinda wished there was more this time but oh well. Kids are probably more than meets the eye so it's interesting to see what the revelation is gonna be
'On-Hold' is another way for a completionist to say 'Dropped'


 
Aug 21, 10:06 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 50
That cliffhanger's creepy as hell!! really looking forward to next week's ep already
 
Aug 21, 10:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 5703
I'm curious what Paulina knows, what happened in the past? It seems as though they were afraid of some potential doomsday scenario on Earth but everything seems to be fine now.

Zack and Quitterie's marriage proposal was really sweet, loved that scene.

Interesting, Quitterie and Funi are the same person. Does that mean that Funi is a clone of Quitterie or is it possible that both of them are clones of someone else?
The theories that all the kids are clones are also quite plausible, let's see.

Looking forward to next week.
 
Aug 21, 10:32 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 55
Very good episode overall, this episode made me very curious about the brothers, and that woman saying that the time had not passed. perhaps? Do not know. had even declaration of love, my SHIP was realized, now the others? excited for this final bow
 
Aug 21, 10:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 14705
I still have so many questions.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

 
Aug 21, 10:40 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 13
Did anyone notice that the op changed a little, when they showed the characters parents two new characters were added and two were removed.
 
Aug 21, 10:48 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 24
I didn't want to spoiler things for myself but I did anyway reading chapter 32-33.
xD

I'm super sure that they will continue to adapt these Chapters in the next episode.
In the manga that skip with Paulina is just weird. They start talking about the twin problem then they go back to Paulina and her dead crewmates. Its much better that they decided to adapt Paulina's part in one go then start the twin and DNA part after that is closed. It's more logical and easier to follow.

They really shouldn't skip those lines from Paulina, but well, maybe I just watched too much anime, but at that sceen I tought nearly the same things. That there was something big danger which should have destroyed the earth or the galaxy but it didn't happen that's why she was so shocked. So only her actions made this pretty clear to me without dialog. And she will probably reveal this later on and say the same things again with more detail. So I think these dialogs weren't that necessarry, but might made the situation more clear to some people.

I really got to like thing anime. Its not something entirely new and has some too convenient parts, but hey, maybe they just born with max luc stats or this was all somebodies plan - and I think this is very very likely after reading chapter 32-33.

Huge spoiler for those two chapters:






Skittles said:
Liking what I see of Paulina so far. The Zack-Quitterie moment is cringy, but in a cute way. I think giving the Astra the ability to split into parts is a bit too convenient for the plot, but not gonna complain. What Kanata did at the end is some pure shounen stuff lol. Lastly, the revelation in the credits only reinforces my speculation since episode five that these kids might be artificial beings.


Thanks for posting this panel. That scene makes a lot more sense now after reading it. Either she lost track of time or she was asleep longer than 12 years.

Would you also mind explaining how they did the Quitterie-Funi revelation in the manga? Just curious haha.
 
Aug 21, 11:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 88
Nim0174 said:
btw its Paulina not Polino or Polina
k
if it was in your subs thats wrong xD


Exept it IS Polina, couldn't be anything else. If her last name is anything to go by, then she's russian and Paulina isn't a russian name. Conveniently, Polina actually is one.
 
Aug 21, 11:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 698
TheDopplerEffect said:
Nim0174 said:
btw its Paulina not Polino or Polina
k
if it was in your subs thats wrong xD


Exept it IS Polina, couldn't be anything else. If her last name is anything to go by, then she's russian and Paulina isn't a russian name. Conveniently, Polina actually is one.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
i stand corrected
my bad
You son of a .. turtle

 
Aug 21, 11:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 19
Cool, now Zack can have two wives while still remaining faithful to just Quitterie.
 
Aug 21, 11:39 AM
Shingster

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 2196
Hmm to think that they found a survivor aboard the ship. An astronaut huh. Its fortunate that the ships were the same class and were modular as well. Zack and Quitterie's family situations sure are quite alike. Both of their parents while certainly famous also neglected their children as well. Quitterie's confession though lol. Must be the first time i see someone shout a confession that loudly. Zack's reaction though was priceless. While its sad that Polina wasn't able to find her friends at least the team managed to find their tags which would serve as potent reminders of them. A strong ep that served to introduce quite an interesting character in the form of Polina. Im quite curious in the mission that her crew had considering the reaction that she gave when told the current year. At the same time its nice that Zack and Quitterie got much much needed expansion on their characters.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Aug 21, 11:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 212
Nim0174 said:
i recommend you look at the image i posted @Spaceship same to you @Tsarko
it will at least add a little bit more context they cut


Thanks for that; it helps a lot with the context. As someone else here said, they surely moved that exposition to a later episode... Maybe they're withholding that reveal to make it even more impactful?
 
Aug 21, 11:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 9672
TheDopplerEffect said:
Nim0174 said:
btw its Paulina not Polino or Polina
k
if it was in your subs thats wrong xD


Exept it IS Polina, couldn't be anything else. If her last name is anything to go by, then she's russian and Paulina isn't a russian name. Conveniently, Polina actually is one.


But the official translation has her name as Pauline. This was taken from Viz's website.
 
Aug 21, 11:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 88
Master_Geass said:
TheDopplerEffect said:


Exept it IS Polina, couldn't be anything else. If her last name is anything to go by, then she's russian and Paulina isn't a russian name. Conveniently, Polina actually is one.


But the official translation has her name as Pauline. This was taken from Viz's website.


Official doesn't mean correct. I've read plenty of manga and watched plenty of anime where official translation was plain wrong. For instance. I've read one piece for like 300 chapters before finding out that it's actually Zoro, not Zolo.
 
Aug 21, 12:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 212
TheDopplerEffect said:
Nim0174 said:
btw its Paulina not Polino or Polina
k
if it was in your subs thats wrong xD


Exept it IS Polina, couldn't be anything else. If her last name is anything to go by, then she's russian and Paulina isn't a russian name. Conveniently, Polina actually is one.


Is that like "Charce" is a Japanization of "Charles"? Sounds like (pun intended) a phonetic issue.
 
Aug 21, 12:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 88
Spaceship said:
TheDopplerEffect said:


Exept it IS Polina, couldn't be anything else. If her last name is anything to go by, then she's russian and Paulina isn't a russian name. Conveniently, Polina actually is one.


Is that like "Charce" is a Japanization of "Charles"? Sounds like (pun intended) a phonetic issue.


Most likely, since he's supposed to be french. Then again, I'm not french so I can't confirm it
 
Aug 21, 12:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 212
TheDopplerEffect said:
Spaceship said:


Is that like "Charce" is a Japanization of "Charles"? Sounds like (pun intended) a phonetic issue.


Most likely, since he's supposed to be french. Then again, I'm not french so I can't confirm it


I'm a fluent French speaker (spent 5 years there as a kid) and "Charles" in French is.......Charles.
 
Aug 21, 12:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 88
Spaceship said:
TheDopplerEffect said:


Most likely, since he's supposed to be french. Then again, I'm not french so I can't confirm it


I'm a fluent French speaker (spent 5 years there as a kid) and "Charles" in French is.......Charles.


Not quite what I mean. I mean is Charce a name at all? If not, then it's definitely Charles
 
Aug 21, 12:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 45
Wow, I actually liked this episode. I mean I was kinda hoping for an adult male to come out of the hibernation but I don't mind Polina. I'm extremely curious as to why she freaked out with Yunhua, what does she mean by "did nothing happen?" There was clearly an emergency 12 years that posed a great enough threat for her to wonder how nothing has happened 12 years later. I wonder what this was, she even chose to keep quiet about it.

Awh, Quitterie and Zack are cute, the way he blatantly said he's been in love with her for a long time and the way Quitterie screamed that her dream was to marry him. Cute. I feel like Zack is the only one who can handle Quitterie.

Kanata you badass, I find it unique that he's a decathlete, never seen that on another anime character before and I love how you don't just get a simple explanation for his athleticism like "oh he was born with the talent", Kanata was trained from a young age to be one which is 100x more believable.

And the plot thickens. The second Funicia was introduced as Qutterie's adopted sister and we learned about cloning, I could tell she was a cloned version of Qutterie. They looked way too similar to be adopted sisters. This also points more evidence towards the link between all the members.

I got an idea, hear me out. I have a strong feeling most of the children who look almost identical to their parent are all clones, and that due to the controversy surrounding cloning, their trip was a perfect opportunity to "erase" them per se. Like they were either an experiment gone wrong or an experiment gone right, but either way, they can't stick around on Earth. That would explain why no parent except for Aries's and maybe Charce's (under the assumption they aren't clones) were concerned. The rest of the children have conflicting relationships with their parents, and their parents also showed many signs of not liking their kids as Zack said it in this episode. But this is where I get confused on Charce and Aries and why they're a part of the crew.

Charce had to deal with what happened between him and Seira and he did come from a noble family which had to have had it's downs, but I don't think Charce actually had issues with his adopted parents or his real parents he never talked about. He didn't mention any issues. Now, Aries, she looks nothing like her mom and her mom was the only concerned parent, but where's her father? If she doesn't look like her mom, she has to look like her dad, right? So why haven't we seen him yet? Why are most of the parents shown without the other parent? Also consider that the child who looks like a clone of their parent is the same gender (Luca being intersex supports this.) This means Aries wouldn't be a clone of her father. Hell, maybe Aries's mom isn't even her real mom. I'm thinking too much into this.

Modified by sammyk124, Aug 21, 12:18 PM
~ These boys must be protected at all costs ~
 
Aug 21, 12:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 109
The whole Zack and Quiterrie conversation and marriage proposal was priceless lol, especially Quiterrie's reaction XD

And Polina is so gorgeous. I'm glad they add a beautiful lady as new character here. I hope nothing bad would happen to her...

And we cloning now bois and gals!
 
Aug 21, 12:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 1009
The conspiracy is getting thicker every episode.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

 
Aug 21, 12:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 212
sammyk124 said:
I got an idea, hear me out.


Solid speculation. Very similar to an idea (not mine) proposed on another forum:



JuuzouXIII said:
The whole Zack and Quiterrie conversation and marriage proposal was priceless lol, especially Quiterrie's reaction XD


It was a really nice scene. Probably the first time I've chuckled audibly while watching the show (other parts have been amusing but that scene was genuinely cute/funny).
 
Aug 21, 12:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 580
OMFG that was so much to process in one episode!

So first, there's Polina's reaction to the year 2063... it made me feel like her mission had something to do with the end of the world (or something) that never happened

Then there's the fact that Quitterie and Funi are the same person... i would never have guessed that. I thought it was obvious that the two were blood relatives because they're just way too much alike... but the same person?! oh ma gerd...

And then there's the fact that Quitterie and Zack are a canon couple now... my heart is happy haha
 
Aug 21, 12:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 45
Spaceship said:
sammyk124 said:
I got an idea, hear me out.


Solid speculation. Very similar to an idea (not mine) proposed on another forum:



JuuzouXIII said:
The whole Zack and Quiterrie conversation and marriage proposal was priceless lol, especially Quiterrie's reaction XD


It was a really nice scene. Probably the first time I've chuckled audibly while watching the show (other parts have been amusing but that scene was genuinely cute/funny).


Wow, that's such a great analysis. I never considered how perfect the team really was after learning about who they all truly are. Now I understand more why Aries and Charce are involved in this as well, thank you for showing me this!
~ These boys must be protected at all costs ~
 
Top
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »