Forum Settings
Forums

Who is your "Under-Appreciated Best Girl?"

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
Aug 19, 7:47 PM

Anime Viewer 1: Emilia is best girl! She's sweet and is the girl Subaru really loves!
Anime Viewer 2: No Rem is! She cares for "Subaru-kun" way more!
Anime Viewer 1: No Emilia!
Anime Viewer 2: Rem!
Anime Viewer 1: Emilia!

Waifu Wars. Something that no anime watcher can escape. However, these wars are generally the debate of two girls, and there is often one or more girls from the same show that get left out. In the above example it would be Ram and Beatrice...and of course Felix. However, there are people that like these "under-appreciated girls," enough so that they are favorite girl of the show, but we often get forgotten in these two-sided debates.

So with that, I ask my question:

Who Is Your "Under-Appreciated Best Girl?"

My personal choice, by a mile, is Isshiki Iroha, but I would love to know who your "hidden gems" are!

Excited to hear your thoughts and opinions!

Aug 19, 7:55 PM

Deishuu Kaiki obviously

but for real probably Levi Kazama
'On-Hold' is another way for a completionist to say 'Dropped'

Aug 19, 7:56 PM

Short_Circut said:
Deishuu Kaiki obviously

but for real probably Levi Kazama

Kaiki so forgotten amongst all of the other monogatari girls. But clearly was best girl from the start :(

Aug 19, 8:02 PM

Suguha Kirigaya from SAO doesn't get enough love. It's always Asuna this, Alice that. When a girl has been with you since her birth, it's time to show some damn appreciation.

Aug 19, 8:05 PM

Hmmmm this is a tough choice. Probably between Darkness (KonoSuba) or Rindo Kobayashi (Shokugeki no Souma).

I take this back, Nanami Aoyama from Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo is my underrated best girl.
Modified by GoofballPath53, Aug 19, 8:13 PM

Do-do-donuts, let’s go nuts!

Aug 19, 8:05 PM

Not necessarily my "best", but an underappreciated girl nonetheless is Haruhi Fujioka from Ouran! She's one of the most down the Earth but incredibly endearing women that anime has to offer.

Aug 19, 8:09 PM

ghostliness said:
Not necessarily my "best", but an underappreciated girl nonetheless is Haruhi Fujioka from Ouran! She's one of the most down the Earth but incredibly endearing women that anime has to offer.

Well, to be fair. Ouran HHC is a Reverse Harem/Shoujo. So in that case it would be "Under-appreciated Best Boy" LOL

But I agree, Ouran is great and Haruhi is better! Believe it or not that was my first ever "Real Anime!"

Aug 19, 8:20 PM

Mayuri > Kurisu.

Come at me. Kurisu is a generic science-girl trope whereas Mayuri has a compelling backstory and more interesting relationship with Okabe in addition to having a cuter voice and appearance. I cannot for the life of me work out why people go so crazy for Kurisu.

Also Megumin.

As long as anybody ever talks about that blue-haired crap excuse for a waifu, Megumin will be under-appreciated. To be totally clear so there's no confusion, Aqua is a total and complete 100% garbage tier waifu and any attention she recieves is an insult to explosion girl.
My (ad-free) Blog: http://yossanime.com/
Lastest post: Haganai: How an Ecchi Harem Romcom Became my Favorite Anime

Watching: TBD
Reading: Stargazer (VN)
Watching Weekly: Kawaikereba, Takagi-san 2, Machikado Mazoku

Recently Finished: Your Lie in April (8), Haganai (10), Fate/Extra: Last Encore (9), Saya no Uta (VN)(8), Citrus (8), Dance in the Vampire Bund (8), Tejina-Senpai (3), Kamisama Dolls (5)

Aug 19, 8:22 PM
Mou-chan

*goes through favorites list*

...Nah. My favorite females are appropriately rated.

Aug 19, 8:41 PM

Ai Hayasaka is my favorite girl from Kaguya-Sama and looks like the fanbase loves her...

Although the manga gave her plenty of good chapters for her development, she didn't have the deserved attention in the anime.

Aug 19, 8:44 PM

YossaRedMage said:
Mayuri > Kurisu.

Come at me. Kurisu is a generic science-girl trope whereas Mayuri has a compelling backstory and more interesting relationship with Okabe in addition to having a cuter voice and appearance. I cannot for the life of me work out why people go so crazy for Kurisu.

Wait I thought Ruka was best girl from Steins;Gate :P

Aug 19, 8:45 PM

Gyeferson said:
Ai Hayasaka is my favorite girl from Kaguya-Sama and looks like the fanbase loves her...

Although the manga gave her plenty of good chapters for her development, she didn't have the deserved attention in the anime.

Actually a Manga reader myself and Hayasaka is currently my favorite of the girls. Unfortunately 159 chapters in and I feel like Hayasaka still gets the least attention of all the "main" characters :(

Aug 19, 8:47 PM
Phantom Miria from Claymore is so underrated i mean less than 1000 favorites here on MAL? even Galatea from Claymore too

Aug 19, 8:59 PM

ugmon said:
Phantom Miria from Claymore is so underrated i mean less than 1000 favorites here on MAL? even Galatea from Claymore too

I love Claymore characters. But there are so much of them, for the most part, they are not fleshed out enough. But I do love Teresa with all my heart.
The world is not beautiful. Therefore, it is.

Aug 19, 9:14 PM
That will be ichika nakano from go roubun no hanayome. All this war between miku and nino faction is making us forget who the best girl is.

Aug 19, 9:16 PM

25NOVember said:
That will be ichika nakano from go roubun no hanayome. All this war between miku and nino faction is making us forget who the best girl is.

As a Manga reader, I am ready to fuel this fire. Because the best girl is none other than Yotsuba Nakano :P

Aug 19, 9:18 PM
Hiratsuka Shizuka from OreGairu. I find it absolutely baffling that not a single otaku I've ever come across thinks she's best girl. No other female, either fictional or real stands a chance.

Aug 19, 9:18 PM
BallisticRiot said:
25NOVember said:

As a Manga reader, I am ready to fuel this fire. Because the best girl is none other than Yotsuba Nakano :P

I am manga reader myself and ichika is the best girl. Fight me.

Aug 19, 9:29 PM

Nitta Minami from Idolmaster Cinderella Girls. She is by far my favorite character from the show. But with not that much screen time (and perhaps people just like the other characters more), she gets overshadowed by some of the other characters (who are plenty great in themselves). But Minami is amazing.
Modified by Murrin, Aug 19, 9:47 PM

Aug 20, 3:09 AM

Nami is surely the best girl.

Most rape, most yandere, most twincest, most trap.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell

Aug 20, 3:13 AM

Yuno Gasai definitely she deserves more Appreciation.

X s t a s y

“I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours”
―Cheshire Cat

Aug 20, 3:55 AM

BallisticRiot said:
Gyeferson said:

Actually a Manga reader myself and Hayasaka is currently my favorite of the girls. Unfortunately 159 chapters in and I feel like Hayasaka still gets the least attention of all the "main" characters :(

Really? I think she has more attention than Chika, for example.
Chika didn't have any development arc, while Hayasaka had at least two arcs to develop her character.
P.S.: I'm not complaining. Hayasaka >> Fujiwara kkkkkk

Aug 20, 4:02 AM

Beatrice from Re:Zero. Who doesn't like rice?

Aug 20, 4:07 AM
johnbradshaw said:
ugmon said:

I love Claymore characters. But there are so much of them, for the most part, they are not fleshed out enough. But I do love Teresa with all my heart.

well its a plot driven anime anyway (not character driven story) but the manga has more screentime for them though

Aug 20, 4:10 AM

From "Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu"

Edelgard

Aug 20, 4:19 AM

My under-appreciated best girl would be Oragami Tobichi from Date A Live. Normally all the attention goes to Kurumi, Yoshino or Tooka. I love teh understated nature of Tobichi and her naughty side which she uses to try and mask her insecurities.

Another would be Cana from Fairy Tail, she doesn't often get much attention due to all the hot women in FT, but I've always thought she was interesting and would be great to have a fun evening with, kukuku >.^

Aug 20, 4:23 AM

Kudelia, lol. She's the best of all Gundam 'main girls', by far. Even if you don't account for the fact that she's the prettiest and hottest.
IBO gets a lot of flak honestly, but it should be praised if only for the fact that they finally made a good female lead for once

Aug 20, 4:30 AM

Kotomi is the best girl in Clannad ...

Aug 20, 4:45 AM

Cham Fau from Aura Battler Dunbine. She also appears in Heavy Metal L-Gaim.

Simply the best fairy in anime.

Aug 20, 4:51 AM

Meet Sakurako Kujou.

Not very well known and probably aswell under-appreciated, but in my eyes WAIFU MATERIAL!

I will never find a 3D girl this passionate about bones and dead animals. :-(
That 30+ year old boomer that teaches paleontology during a hentai review on MAL. *sips*
Anime was indeed a mistake, since we prefer 2D waifu's over 3D wamen.

Aug 20, 4:56 AM

I agree. Isshiki Iroha is my choice. She one of the most under appreciated best girl.

Aug 20, 5:00 AM

Ai Hayasaka is underrated in Kaguya sama. Yuika Shiwahime from Hanebado and Kira Tsubasa from Love Live are also underrated. I feel Saegusa Mayumi also get overshadow by the imouto.
My Wife is a Demon Queen

Aug 20, 5:10 AM

It's probably rally vincent. She's badass, has a great firearms collection, owns a gun store and she has problems with the ATF, all great traits
I really enjoy those "helicopter ride" memes

Aug 20, 8:25 AM

Tiago_KT said:
I agree. Isshiki Iroha is my choice. She one of the most under appreciated best girl.

An individual of EXCELLENT taste :)

Aug 20, 8:33 AM

May Chang (FMAB), Sinon (SAO 2), Yoruichi (Bleach), Nagato (Haruhi Suzumiya), Isuzu (Log Horizon), Hange (AOT) and Maho (Beck) :D

Aug 20, 8:37 AM

Mai Valentine/Kujaku from Yu-Gi-Oh!, she's my waifu. My first anime crush. But nobody talks about her.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.

Aug 20, 8:40 AM

Couldn't agree more with the choice of Isshiki Iroha

“Mongrels though they may be, they're still figures of some slight renown.”

Aug 20, 8:47 AM
Freya from Danmachi LNs, if my suspiscions are correct...
also upvote for iroha 😍
Modified by DrAllen694, Aug 20, 8:51 AM

Aug 20, 8:51 AM

Miss me with that Emilia and Rem, Crusch is the true best girl of Re:Zero.

Aug 20, 9:51 AM

My underappreciated best girl is Aoi Futaba from "Asobi ni Iku yo!". A lot of fans overlook her either for being small-breasted or for being a meganekko or both, but I don't mind small breasts and I think meganekkos are hot. Aoi is also very smart, is somewhat of an otaku, is she's good with guns, and on top of it all she has superpowers.
Modified by mwalimu, Aug 20, 3:01 PM
A møøse once bit my sister...

Aug 20, 10:12 AM
monkeyDberzerk said:
Hiratsuka Shizuka from OreGairu. I find it absolutely baffling that not a single otaku I've ever come across thinks she's best girl. No other female, either fictional or real stands a chance.

Its because we already have unanimously decided her as best girl. Even the list start after her. She is the undisputed no.1 and no oregairu fan will say otherwise

Aug 20, 12:06 PM

25NOVember said:
monkeyDberzerk said:

Its because we already have unanimously decided her as best girl. Even the list start after her. She is the undisputed no.1 and no oregairu fan will say otherwise

Hachiman would have married her if she was 10 years younger, so very fair argument.

Aug 20, 12:53 PM

Nijino Yurika from Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!? she never gets the credit she deserves.

Aug 22, 2:30 PM

I will take the "under-appreciated best girl" part as any female character that you consider a best girl and has been favorited by less than 1000 members on the database. Under that criteria, my election is Kaoru Tanamachi from Amagami, who, as I'm writing this, has a total of 508 favorites on the site right now.
What I can say about her? She's cute, pretty, a good friend, the right amount of tsundere, kinda tomboyish, has beautiful sex hair, a beautiful voice, is hardworking, funny to hang with and has a really nice belly. I would probably date her if she was a real person, so she's my pick for sure.

Aug 22, 4:40 PM

Neko Musume has been best girl of the season since 2018. Take notice of the true best girl!

Aug 22, 5:00 PM

@fancyjasper Watched a bit of GeGeGe this week and I admit, she is quite the appreciable character. Cute even with her (bobby?) hair, strong and caring, she even seems knowledgeable of her condition and mature about it! And all of it endears a character to a viewership.

BallisticRiot said:
25NOVember said:

Hachiman would have married her if she was 10 years younger, so very fair argument.

As an OreGairu fan of the prime order, I commend you all for this enlightened discernment. However, at some point, when a series happens to be that likeable, I presume we should collectively agree on accepting a whole cast to be deemed "best girls".
Even then, you participated in a fatal error. Totsuka reigns over everyone, and has transcended an artificial barrier in the heart of Hachiman, that of genders.

Personally, I much appreciate Sancha Sanyou's best girl: Odagiri Futaba https://myanimelist.net/character/33803/Futaba_Odagiri

Aug 22, 5:00 PM

I say Alice Schuberg from SAO clearly. Strong and caring character. She overshadowed of others bcuz they hate the series or her.

Aug 22, 5:02 PM

Medusa and Medea from Fate are so under appreciated :S

Aug 22, 5:10 PM

I will go with Akatsuki from Log Horizon

Aug 22, 7:13 PM
Darkness from KonoSuba.

don't get me wrong nothing is wrong with megumin, but the internet's love for her totally overshadows how awesome of a waifu Darkness is.

loyal

willing to protect you

due to her own kink she'd probably be down for anything ;) ;)
(even if she wasn't the embarrassment she'd suffer would tie into her kink)

wealthy

plus im a sucker for blonde's and blue eyes are awesome too (its the one thing the nazi's got right )

Pages (2) [1] 2 »