Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
 
Aug 20, 4:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 108
Edocchi said:
cuz it's an adaptation of a normie-tier manga


Normie-tier? It's definitely not as populair like Dbz, Fma and Naruto.
 
Aug 20, 4:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 238
NotFred said:
Edocchi said:
cuz it's an adaptation of a normie-tier manga


Normie-tier? It's definitely not as populair like Dbz, Fma and Naruto.

Hush, this guy uses the term "normie". Don't think his opinion is valid.
 
Aug 20, 5:30 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 3
Put 10 on kimetsu no yaiba... yeah that's a shitty opinion
 
Aug 20, 5:44 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 79
Nim0174 said:
Tougen said:

When is he being dishonourable? do i have to remind you that raiding villages and murdering folk WAS NOT something dishonourable in viking culture? vikings raid, in their raids they pillage, collect slaves and murder people. In viking point of view its the weak english kings fault for not being able to protect his people.

His dad died because Askellad was a dishonourable coward, soo he dosent want to just kill Askellad, he wants to prove that he is better than Askellad. But that dosent mean Thorfinn likes doing it either, he realises that what he is doing is wrong, but he is too deep in the spiral of hatred to stop now, thats the whole point of this entire arc.


its not about viking culture
its dishonorable because he goes against what his dad valued
its dishonorable towards his father


He is a kid, plus his dad died in front of him because he hesitated on killing Askellad, Thorfinn clearly think that his dad was wrong with his 'a warrior does not need a blade' speech. And yes, Thorfinn IS stupid by doing what he is doing, but believe me, this series will go into deep character progression territory.
 
Aug 20, 5:58 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 1
Fucking amazing ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž
 
Aug 20, 6:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 579
Already had a conversation about this, I better warn u vinland fans are pretty obnoxious.
100% agree on what u said about thorfinn btw

About the hype, I'd say it comes mostly from the manga readers, with the gory scenes playing a part as well, u know blood -> mature -> good
Modified by vhagar8, Aug 20, 6:35 AM
 
Aug 20, 6:38 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 89
So you rated Kimetsu no yaiba 10/10
you cant understand why we are hyped
because you love shounen childish anime
that it .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Aug 20, 6:50 AM
Online
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 16
The manga won Best Manga Award in 2012 Kodansha Manga Awards, so it is truly an excellent manga
 
Aug 20, 7:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 238
vhagar8 said:
Already had a conversation about this, I better warn u vinland fans are pretty obnoxious.
100% agree on what u said about thorfinn btw

About the hype, I'd say it comes mostly from the manga readers, with the gory scenes playing a part as well, u know blood -> mature -> good

I legit answer that concern about Thorfinn and people still don’t understand his character and expect him to be logical....
I just... I... I need a break from MAL.
 
Aug 20, 7:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 579
Elucid said:
vhagar8 said:
Already had a conversation about this, I better warn u vinland fans are pretty obnoxious.
100% agree on what u said about thorfinn btw

About the hype, I'd say it comes mostly from the manga readers, with the gory scenes playing a part as well, u know blood -> mature -> good

I legit answer that concern about Thorfinn and people still don’t understand his character and expect him to be logical....
I just... I... I need a break from MAL.

Maybe people didn't understand because your answer wasn't that legit.
There's a difference between being illogical and unrealistic. If a person wakes up one day and completely changes his personality for no reason that's not being illogical, that's just unrealistic. (Just an example not thorfinn case to be clear)
I get that the story is trying to make thorfinn act foolishly and that he will later acknowledge his errors later. I'm just saying the way the author is trying to portray him as illogical is irrealistic.
I'm guessing the other people who're complaing think more or less the same
 
Aug 20, 7:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 1141
@Elucid You're talking to someone who had everything that happened so far spelled out for him because he didn't understand it, yet insists the writing is at fault. He's the most pretentious MAL user, not just in VS threads
 
Aug 20, 9:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 782
Can we get a Admin here to either close or clean this thread like jeez people its threads and comments like these that really disgust me about the MAL community.

We got homophobic talk, childish conversations that have gone no where and the amount trolls making off topic related comments.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
 
Aug 20, 10:11 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 15
KILLAJONITAS said:
Ozen106th said:
i agree..the scene where thor dead is not impactful at all..but i looking forward to war scene..
I like how you're talking down on vinland 7 episodes in but have demon slayer as a favorite when it's not even done. You really are a summer kid.
you know how to read? what i said is fact..if thor death is impactful then did you cry when thor dead?? no right?? so its not impactful..and i looking down on vinland? are you high or something? i said what i look most in vinland is the war scene, is tht what it mean looking down??..stupid fanboy reply back please!
 
Aug 20, 10:15 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 79
Ozen106th said:
KILLAJONITAS said:
I like how you're talking down on vinland 7 episodes in but have demon slayer as a favorite when it's not even done. You really are a summer kid.
you know how to read? what i said is fact..if thor death is impactful then did you cry when thor dead?? no right?? so its not impactful..and i looking down on vinland? are you high or something? acter i said what i look most in vinland is the war scene..stupid fanboy


"what i said is fact" LMAO
 
Aug 20, 10:26 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 2897
Tougen said:
Ozen106th said:
you know how to read? what i said is fact..if thor death is impactful then did you cry when thor dead?? no right?? so its not impactful..and i looking down on vinland? are you high or something? acter i said what i look most in vinland is the war scene..stupid fanboy


"what i said is fact" LMAO

None of them people are doing any sense. Simpletons are really humiliating themselves here.
Re:formed
 
Aug 20, 11:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 704
Tougen said:
Nim0174 said:


its not about viking culture
its dishonorable because he goes against what his dad valued
its dishonorable towards his father


He is a kid, plus his dad died in front of him because he hesitated on killing Askellad, Thorfinn clearly think that his dad was wrong with his 'a warrior does not need a blade' speech. And yes, Thorfinn IS stupid by doing what he is doing, but believe me, this series will go into deep character progression territory.


looking forward to it, been really enjoying the vibe of this show so far

i just find it so ironic and stupid of him that he is trying to be honorable like his dad challenging askeladd man on man, while going exactly against what his dad believed in at that point, shedding blood, which in itself dishonors his father while he is trying to honor his father
the fact that he does not realize that is just really amusing to me

im also sad that Thors died so quickly
in the short screen time he had i already grew fond of him and would have liked to see more of him
You son of a .. turtle

 
Aug 20, 11:14 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1005
Jesus christ, why are there so many soyboys in this thread. This anime is too manly for your ass, go watch some girly shit. Leave the manly anime for real men.
 
Aug 20, 11:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 1405
I am certain they'll adapt a second season to cover the remaining manga volumes. If you let the anime explore more of the MC and the rest for 50 episodes, it will be epic, even without reading the manga. Also how many non-fantasy historical anime adaptations of medieval Europe can you find nowadays?

Though I am waiting till they reach
to resume reading.

Seiya said:
Because people have weird, disturbing taste.

I'll never understand the appeal of seinen works.


I found the second half to be true seinen and calmer in pace since the protagonist grows up. No more focus on superhuman battles. It is like a grown up reflecting on the idiotic things he did as a teen. Few manga go into that sort of character development without resorting to momentary flashbacks. I just hope they'll adapt it too. In essence, second part cancels the first part.
 
Aug 20, 11:47 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 10
Ozen106th said:
KILLAJONITAS said:
I like how you're talking down on vinland 7 episodes in but have demon slayer as a favorite when it's not even done. You really are a summer kid.
you know how to read? what i said is fact..if thor death is impactful then did you cry when thor dead?? no right?? so its not impactful..and i looking down on vinland? are you high or something? i said what i look most in vinland is the war scene, is tht what it mean looking down??..stupid fanboy reply back please!
I don't have time for demon slayer aot anime only summer kids like you. You guys just say nonsense only.
 
Aug 20, 12:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 877
Nim0174 said:
Tougen said:


He is a kid, plus his dad died in front of him because he hesitated on killing Askellad, Thorfinn clearly think that his dad was wrong with his 'a warrior does not need a blade' speech. And yes, Thorfinn IS stupid by doing what he is doing, but believe me, this series will go into deep character progression territory.


looking forward to it, been really enjoying the vibe of this show so far

i just find it so ironic and stupid of him that he is trying to be honorable like his dad challenging askeladd man on man, while going exactly against what his dad believed in at that point, shedding blood, which in itself dishonors his father while he is trying to honor his father
the fact that he does not realize that is just really amusing to me

im also sad that Thors died so quickly
in the short screen time he had i already grew fond of him and would have liked to see more of him


So what are you criticising exactly? The writing or that you dont agree with the characters actions?

 
Aug 20, 12:07 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 2897
petran79 said:
I am certain they'll adapt a second season to cover the remaining manga volumes. If you let the anime explore more of the MC and the rest for 50 episodes, it will be epic, even without reading the manga. Also how many non-fantasy historical anime adaptations of medieval Europe can you find nowadays?

Though I am waiting till they reach
to resume reading.

Seiya said:
Because people have weird, disturbing taste.

I'll never understand the appeal of seinen works.


I found the second half to be true seinen and calmer in pace since the protagonist grows up. No more focus on superhuman battles. It is like a grown up reflecting on the idiotic things he did as a teen. Few manga go into that sort of character development without resorting to momentary flashbacks. I just hope they'll adapt it too. In essence, second part cancels the first part.

WHOOP WHOOP DAS THE SOUND OF Art police.
non-fantasy historical

Now you have to be REALLY careful here, fellow forum goer. For this series is borderline stupid fantasy in the way it depicts combat (and several characters, who either look like monsters or are as strong as ones). The only historical thing about it, so far, is the setting of 1000s and the famous British Free-For-All. If the authors keeps avoiding proper depiction of historical violence, he might end up sacrificing a quality story for the Rule of Cool.
Re:formed
 
Aug 20, 12:18 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 160
To me it's because Thorfinn and Askeladd secretly need each other in the hellish world of vikings. I take it as a kind of stockholm/co-dependency. I get this vibe especially when Askeladd admits how much he hates the Danes. And Thorfinn kind of has similar musings after his first fight with Thorkell. They both hate Viking culture but wont admit it cause it will make them seem weak.
 
Aug 20, 12:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 704
Marrone said:


So what are you criticising exactly? The writing or that you dont agree with the characters actions?


the latter, i thought i cleared that up by now, maybe i didn't phrase myself correctly, you have to excuse me if there were grammar issues or stuff

but rather than his actions, its more the fact that he thinks he is being honorable facing askeladd 1o1, when he is being his bitch causing innocent blood to be shed and therefore being dishonorable towards his fathers values (who im pretty sure would not say good job for killing grandma and her village!)

You son of a .. turtle

 
Aug 20, 12:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 877
Nim0174 said:
Marrone said:


So what are you criticising exactly? The writing or that you dont agree with the characters actions?


the latter, i thought i cleared that up by now, maybe i didn't phrase myself correctly, you have to excuse me if there were grammar issues or stuff


im not that active on the forum so probably missed your other comments. understood

 
Aug 20, 12:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 704
Marrone said:
Nim0174 said:


the latter, i thought i cleared that up by now, maybe i didn't phrase myself correctly, you have to excuse me if there were grammar issues or stuff


im not that active on the forum so probably missed your other comments. understood


yea at least in terms of characterization
the only thing that bugged me writing wise was that they managed to carry a longboat while sprinting which according to this : http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/vikings2.htm weigh around 20 tons
which would still indicate that every single men carries 0,5 tons (if we say 40 people carry one ship) during a sprint, ah and the world record deadlift is 0,46 tons, so yeah.
doesn't make sense to me
maybe its not accurate how much that ship actually weighs but those look pretty similar to me so im assuming its that type of ship


but i guess its anime
so okay they are all beasts xD
You son of a .. turtle

 
Aug 20, 12:38 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1005
Nim0174 said:
Marrone said:


im not that active on the forum so probably missed your other comments. understood


yea at least in terms of characterization
the only thing that bugged me writing wise was that they managed to carry a longboat while sprinting which according to this : http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/vikings2.htm weigh around 20 tons
which would still indicate that every single men carries 0,5 tons (if we say 40 people carry one ship) during a sprint, ah and the world record deadlift is 0,46 tons, so yeah.
doesn't make sense to me
maybe its not accurate how much that ship actually weighs but those look pretty similar to me so im assuming its that type of ship


but i guess its anime
so okay they are all beasts xD


Is that bugging you? Not the man jumping 10 times his height from ships to ship in episode 1?
 
Aug 20, 12:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 877
Nim0174 said:
Marrone said:


im not that active on the forum so probably missed your other comments. understood


yea at least in terms of characterization
the only thing that bugged me writing wise was that they managed to carry a longboat while sprinting which according to this : http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/vikings2.htm weigh around 20 tons
which would still indicate that every single men carries 0,5 tons (if we say 40 people carry one ship) during a sprint, ah and the world record deadlift is 0,46 tons, so yeah.
doesn't make sense to me
maybe its not accurate how much that ship actually weighs but those look pretty similar to me so im assuming its that type of ship


but i guess its anime
so okay they are all beasts xD


Vinland Saga is realistic in everything apart from action.

Thors and one other character to be introduced demonstrate feats not possible by humans but I dont mind it for action scenes being more fun. And its not ridiculous enlugh to break immersion imo. But overall with other characters action scenes are mmore grounded its just a few scenes here and there that are crazy.


 
Aug 20, 1:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 446
What do you mean? It's like the best anime this year lol , not even a Manga reader here
 
Aug 20, 2:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 704
Only_Brad said:
Nim0174 said:


yea at least in terms of characterization
the only thing that bugged me writing wise was that they managed to carry a longboat while sprinting which according to this : http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/vikings2.htm weigh around 20 tons
which would still indicate that every single men carries 0,5 tons (if we say 40 people carry one ship) during a sprint, ah and the world record deadlift is 0,46 tons, so yeah.
doesn't make sense to me
maybe its not accurate how much that ship actually weighs but those look pretty similar to me so im assuming its that type of ship


but i guess its anime
so okay they are all beasts xD


Is that bugging you? Not the man jumping 10 times his height from ships to ship in episode 1?


i can't find the scene you are talking about
maybe you are mixing something up
do you have a timestamp to back up your claim?
also in case it was thors or askeladd i don't mind if their strength is out of logic boundary because anime will always exaggerate character abilities
but i just do mind if 40 standard normal average vikings can carry 0,5 tons holding it from the side while sprinting

this answer also works for you i guess @Marrone
Modified by Nim0174, Aug 20, 2:37 PM
You son of a .. turtle

 
Aug 20, 4:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 1405
Daniel_Naumov said:
petran79 said:
I am certain they'll adapt a second season to cover the remaining manga volumes. If you let the anime explore more of the MC and the rest for 50 episodes, it will be epic, even without reading the manga. Also how many non-fantasy historical anime adaptations of medieval Europe can you find nowadays?

Though I am waiting till they reach
to resume reading.



I found the second half to be true seinen and calmer in pace since the protagonist grows up. No more focus on superhuman battles. It is like a grown up reflecting on the idiotic things he did as a teen. Few manga go into that sort of character development without resorting to momentary flashbacks. I just hope they'll adapt it too. In essence, second part cancels the first part.

WHOOP WHOOP DAS THE SOUND OF Art police.
non-fantasy historical

Now you have to be REALLY careful here, fellow forum goer. For this series is borderline stupid fantasy in the way it depicts combat (and several characters, who either look like monsters or are as strong as ones). The only historical thing about it, so far, is the setting of 1000s and the famous British Free-For-All. If the authors keeps avoiding proper depiction of historical violence, he might end up sacrificing a quality story for the Rule of Cool.


I agree on the first part, but second part feels closer to a historical drama. One reason I fear it will leave many anime viewers eager for battles unprepared, but it is worth to continue watching.
 
Aug 20, 4:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 580
Elucid said:
NotFred said:


Normie-tier? It's definitely not as populair like Dbz, Fma and Naruto.

Hush, this guy uses the term "normie". Don't think his opinion is valid.
You guys must've been living under a rock if you don't think it's as mainstream as Vagabond and Berserk which are most teens' favorites now.
But of course you only watch action shonen, you must think those titles are deep. Oh, you have Beboop in fav. No wonder
 
Aug 20, 5:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 238
Edocchi said:
Elucid said:

Hush, this guy uses the term "normie". Don't think his opinion is valid.
You guys must've been living under a rock if you don't think it's as mainstream as Vagabond and Berserk which are most teens' favorites now.
But of course you only watch action shonen, you must think those titles are deep. Oh, you have Beboop in fav. No wonder

I never said that Vinland Saga wasn’t popular, I’m just against the term “normie”
Oh, and I’m sorry for not being up to your standards.
 
Aug 20, 5:57 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 79
Nim0174 said:
Only_Brad said:


Is that bugging you? Not the man jumping 10 times his height from ships to ship in episode 1?


i can't find the scene you are talking about
maybe you are mixing something up
do you have a timestamp to back up your claim?
also in case it was thors or askeladd i don't mind if their strength is out of logic boundary because anime will always exaggerate character abilities
but i just do mind if 40 standard normal average vikings can carry 0,5 tons holding it from the side while sprinting

this answer also works for you i guess @Marrone

He is talking about Thors in episode 3-4 when he can jump ships. And yeah, some things that will happen are not at all realistic, its a storical manga, yes, but some of the action sequences ARE exagerated to look cool over realism some even involving random characters like those vikings carrying the ship, that is something i particularly like about the series though.
 
Aug 20, 6:40 PM
Forum Moderator
got any shinies?

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 4062
Thread Locked

This thread has become a flaming fest and from what I can see the main questions have been answered.
 
Aug 23, 7:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 124
vhagar8 said:
Already had a conversation about this, I better warn u vinland fans are pretty obnoxious.
100% agree on what u said about thorfinn btw

About the hype, I'd say it comes mostly from the manga readers, with the gory scenes playing a part as well, u know blood -> mature -> good


Hahahhaha blood - > mature - > good.. Very good characterisation of angsty teenage boys
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

Preview MangaManga Store