Forum Settings
Forums
New
Do you think these would be useful?
Aug 19, 2019 1:31 AM

Oct 2018
So the idea is that I think it would be useful if we had the opportunity to moderate the topics that we created.

For example:

Lock our own topic

This would be useful for example when people start fighting in the comments(which happens all the time), and we would like to end it, so we could lock our thread, so they couldn't post any replies anymore. Or if we simply don't want to receive any more replies.

Make a thread poll-only

Also it would be good, that when we create a poll, and we don't want people to start fighting in the comments(since most polls are opinion-based), and we only want people to vote, we could turn a thread into poll-only, thus users wouldn't have the option to post any reply, but to vote only.

What do you think about these ideas?
Aug 22, 2019 5:28 PM

Feb 2015
Locking your own thread is kinda unnecessary, the option already exist - just report the first post, say you're OP and request closure of the topic because of X reason.

Poll only threads are a definite no from me, we already have spam threads daily - who's the best waifu / this or this series is better / whatever else people post that doesn't contribute to anything. Also, the problem with many polls is that quite often not all options and opinions are taken into consideration. If you have only A, B, C, but someone wants to choose D then they can't even post a message about it. Neither they can expand on their views as to why they chose [poll option].
Forums are to discuss, not to make meaningless questionnaires.
If you want to make some contest or whatever, use clubs for that instead. Or just use different site.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?

More topics from this board

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Yesterday, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
Yesterday, 9:09 AM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Apr 19, 5:51 AM

» Reply button should show text that will be quoted.

Euthymia_Gerv - Apr 15

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» @ sign spam/attack

kuroneko99 - Apr 16

3 by Jhiday »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.